• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mevius: Final Fantasy - First (short) footage, runs on Unity 5

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxg_m3Qsnik&t=2m40s

It starts at 2:40 in case the time stamp doesn't work.

Some screens from the same areas:

mevius-final-fantasy_pck6m.jpg
mevius-final-fantasy_56khe.jpg

Platy

It is the start of the age of the Vertical Video
Game

It runs on Unity? Given what SE's CEO said, this is definitely heading to other PlatformS.

... you mean this Not-mature rated AAA Final Fantasy spin off ?

I'm just surprised that mobile games can look so good (I don't have a smartphone).

Infinity Blade III and other games looked quite good already, is not the norm though since most smartphones aren't powerful enough, for now.

I guess this won't work on my Moto G....

(I have such a deja vu regarding animations in this game, I feel they reused quite some work for this game, after all is an smartphone game and SE is not a stranger in terms of reusing)

Takao

Banned
I think almost every Square Enix mobile game does these days.

They even used it for the mobile port of Dragon Quest 8.

I don't think they're done porting DQ8 either, but that's a conversation for a different thread.

Mevius seems like a more traditional Final Fantasy game than some of their other phone efforts. I think it would be a more logical candidate for a release on dedicated machines than something like Deadman's Cross.

wmlk

Looks gorgeous.

A bit disappointed it's portrait only, but it's better to work within constraints than make something haphazardly.

Koozek

I think they're reusing assets from Lightning Returns, I'm not sure, though. That monster model looks like a reskinned LR one.

Cities Skylines runs on Unity? Omg, dreams of a console port increasing...

Anyway, Mevius actually looks pretty cool, very pretty for a mobile game. I don't game on phones myself, but should those words from the CEO about their games coming to a variety of consoles these days be true, I may well end up checking this out.

KoopaTheCasual

Very surprised how pretty this game is. It seems like it's a straight up RPG. Definitely see this getting ported around, considering Matsuda's focus on spreading out games.

Top Bottom