• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

AZ0Tj97.gif

C1Lzg5j.jpg

Thriller

Its okay for you to hate me for what I am saying but quicksilver left such a good impression on me in X-men DoFP that I am a bit sceptical on what Ive seen in this trailer..

But hey.. In Whedon we trust!

inky

Its okay for you to hate me for what I am saying but quicksilver left such a good impression on me in X-men DoFP that I am a bit sceptical on what Ive seen in this trailer..

But hey.. In Whedon we trust!

It's fine, I don't hate you. I don't expect this QS to have a better sequence than DOPF's. I expect him to be more than a plot device that disappears once his sequence is done tho. And that's fine with me.

inthrall

Speaking of the Quicksilver shot, has anyone got the shot of Scarlet Witch trying to get into Scar Jo's head? Shows up directly before it

whipihguh

Banned
I didn't think I could be more hype for this film. Guess there's always a first for everything!

Speculation
Looks like Cap's shield pierced Ultron Prime, guessing this form isn't vibranium yet. More hints at Ultimate Ultron" form?

I think we see Ultimate Ultron at 1:48. Shame we don't get the gaping maw after all, or at least not at that point.

Man, that side view of them all jumping into battle.. that's what I live for with these kinds of movies. Marvel/Whedon just hit the nail on the head and turn me back into a 11 year old kid with how cool this stuff is.
Vision's face looks way better than Ultron in my opinion. Or at least his eyes. I feel like that's probably because they are having an actual person in the costume, where as Ultron is all CG but with wierdly human teeth and eyes. He registers to me as more of a character from a stylized computer animated film with his unnatural human-like features.
Best trailer yet tho, hype has gone into overdrive.

I thought it was probably this trailer, which they leaked early.

I wonder if this is the same trailer they hyped for play during Secrets and Lies?

Maybe I just haven't seen it, because i'm sure there had to have been at least some.. but has there been discussion about how people feel about Whedon leaving? I don't know for sure but i'd imagine they would keep him around the MCU as a sort of consultant since he's had such a huge part in building key pieces. Remembering how great an experience Avengers was and seeing how promising and in the same vein AoU is looking, i'm kind of bummed he isn't doing Infinity War. I know working on the same material can get stale but I figure he would at least put a cap on it by finishing the trilogy of phases, or the "Thanos" arc i guess. The Russo Bros are probably one of the better choices since Winter Soldier was my favorite Phase 2 film by a wide margin, but going from a solo film to a very effects heavy/action setpiece laden team-up film is an entirely different beast.

Also, if i remember right, it was Whedon's idea to introduce Thanos so it would have been cool to see him have fun with the character on film.

Maybe I just haven't seen it, because i'm sure there had to have been at least some.. but has there been discussion about how people feel about Whedon leaving? I don't know for sure but i'd imagine they would keep him around the MCU as a sort of consultant since he's had such a huge part in building key pieces. Remembering how great an experience Avengers was and seeing how promising and in the same vein AoU is looking, i'm kind of bummed he isn't doing Infinity War. I know working on the same material can get stale but I figure he would at least put a cap on it by finishing the trilogy of phases, or the "Thanos" arc i guess. The Russo Bros are probably one of the better choices since Winter Soldier was my favorite Phase 2 film by a wide margin, but going from a solo film to a very effects heavy/action setpiece laden team-up film is an entirely different beast.

Also, if i remember right, it was Whedon's idea to introduce Thanos so it would have been cool to see him have fun with the character on film.

He was talking even before Avengers 2 went into production that doing these movies would probably burn him out after a while and he'd have to stop sooner rather than later.

I'm fine with him leaving, and I have no question in my mind that he'll still be around behind the scenes. The Russos would be the best fit to replace him since Winter Soldier was almost Avengers-lite on its own. Marvel has a year or so to figure that all out anyway. I'm more interested in who's they're gonna tag for Black Panther/Captain Marvel.

Yeah I'd imagine he will stay close with Marvel and they may chat with him about ideas and such, he clearly has a huge passion for it and "gets" comic books.

But I think most of the last 5 years of his life have been spent on Avengers so I can understand him walking away at this point.

guek

Banned

One of the reasons I love Thor so goddamn much is because he's so freaking old. The guy has been fighting in wars with all sorts of aliens and magical creatures and now he's part of a wayward band of mortal heroes. I see him jumping into the frey and love thinking this is just normal Tuesday for him, same as it's ever been for the last few thousand years.

Raptor

One of the reasons I love Thor so goddamn much is because he's so freaking old. The guy has been fighting in wars with all sorts of aliens and magical creatures and now he's part of a wayward band of mortal heroes. I see him jumping into the frey and love thinking this is just normal Tuesday for him, same as it's ever been for the last few thousand years.

Thor should fucking handle things by himself lol, dude is a fucking God.

Is my fav Avenger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom