• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden Kiwami PS4 × PSVita Cross Play Video + Off screen Video

JayEH

posting for Jimmy the Grinder.

I always thought this was Vita exclusive cool that it is coming to PS4 too.

jonno394

Not sure which version of this to buy :/ I want to build a Vita collection but the gulf between both versions will probably justify the PS4 version purchase, same with the new Senran Kagura game

maouvin

Not sure which version of this to buy :/ I want to build a Vita collection but the gulf between both versions will probably justify the PS4 version purchase, same with the new Senran Kagura game

With Senran Kagura, the PS4 version got a relevant difference on the max number of players on multiplayer, and presumably on the enemy density.

This kind of difference won't happen with Toukiden, as there's no sense on changing the number of mobs on stage, and multi is for 4 players on both platforms (cross-play wouldn't work if otherwise). So, beyond the graphical difference, you're good to go with both versions
and better with both

Verelios

Excited as hell for this. Toukiden was my favorite new hunting series last gen. I only hope they can slowly expand on the enemy encounters instead of palette swaps.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking awesome. Yet incompetent companies like Arc System Works can't be arsed to implement cross-play in their Vita fighters, effectively sending them to die. SMH

Flunkie

Banned
Crossbuy discount would be nice as it would be great to have this both on the go and at home.

BUT I'll end up buying on Vita first probably then getting PS4 version on sale.

This is my kind of Monster Hunter. Way more fast paced.

Card Boy

Banned
My my concern is that is going to be a shallow version of Monster Hunter. I loved Tri and am loving MH4U but you have to be just as good as those games. It doesn't have to be better it just has to be as good.

All i keep seeing in these videos is a small area on the map and just beating on a big monster.

EheYHiJ.jpg

Show me the other stuff that makes MH good.

Shengar

My my concern is that is going to be a shallow version of Monster Hunter. I loved Tri and am loving MH4U but you have to be just as good as those games. It doesn't have to be better it just has to be as good.

All i keep seeing in these videos is a small area on the map and just beating on a big monster.

http://i.imgur.com/EheYHiJ.jpg[IMG]

Show me the other stuff that makes MH good.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed watered version of MH where the gathering and item management part stripped down, focused solely on the fight. But even when Toukiden is the closest to MH in term of vibe, does it need to copy every thing from it? Seriously, everybody just can't directly comparing a new IP with only just two games with a 10 years old IP with almost a dozen of installment where tweaking and fine tuning always occurred in each title. You just can't. If you worried this'll be shallower (which of course it will did), there's no one to blame but your own unrealistic expectation.

Shengar

Any extra stuff when porting over an old toukiden game save on the Vita? An exclusive helmet again or something else?

Yes, a lot in fact depending on how much you have done in the original game. There's list of that somewhere, but I don't have it at the moment.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can anyone confirm whether we can transfer save data from Toukiden's Vita to this PS4's version? Because it would be a major pain in the ass to start all over since I am considering to get the PS4 version for this.

Looks really good, makes me miss Phantasy Star Online.

Really wish I had time to get back into these games, still haven't played a MH game yet '-(

maouvin

Any extra stuff when porting over an old toukiden game save on the Vita? An exclusive helmet again or something else?

From one of the other threads: https://twitter.com/Zomu13/status/565921217488900096

Basically, rewards for importing the save, beating the main story, beating the mission "The Age of Demons" both SP and MP, getting medals (trophies) and getting all medals.

Koei Japan just released an environment video for the PS4 verison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKEHEaaQ7J0

Looking good!
Naginata girl calls you senpai, ha. Tenko is talking a lot now, too.

I wish they had more Yokai bosses and not just palette changes.

http://www.toukiden.eu/kiwami/characters5.html

12 new big oni, each with a pallet change.

But of course, not all of them look brand new - we got a new -pteryx, a new -grinder, and Putrox looks like Jollux/Edax. What will matter are their movesets (I know that the bird has some in common with the old -pteryx, but it got some brand new moves too).

They did some tweaks on the old onis too, so there's a chance the recolors have more differences now.

Top Bottom