• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN First- 13 minutes of Everybody's gone to Rapture

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Walk around a boring midwestern town is like the one thing I can do without videogames.

Yonafunu

Eeeehhhh looks pretty rough visually. The textures and lighting looks really flat. There's some noticable LOD and texture pop-in too. It's still in development though, so I'm not worried.

Gameplay-wise, after Gone Home and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter I'm a bit burned out by these kinds of games. Still very much interested though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome! As I expected. Obvsiously, there are some things that look rough, but they have time.

What surprises me is that this thread is not bigger considering the huge ass thread done on its exclusivity. Shame.

So does it have a release date yet, or is this just a flying visit to remind everyone it isn't vaporware before it goes back to hanging out with The Witness in limbo?

Unlike The Witness, this game hasn't been in development for almost ten years. No reason to believe it's not coming out.

Afro

one of my most anticipated, for sure. my only fear is not having a single idea what's going on storywise (Dear Esther, Ether One, etc).

Afrikan

Got half way through the Video, and that is enough footage for me....I'd like to experience everything fresh.

Wouldve made for a perfect Morpheus game...with the whole 30fps converter. They are a small studio, and im sure the engine would take a hit in other areas.

That being said, still hopeful for a Morpheus patch down thr road. :D

Afrikan

Walk around a boring midwestern town is like the one thing I can do without videogames.

I was raised in a City..so im the opposite...i've always wanted to experience these types of settings. So until i travel to the South here is the States...this game will do.

havok75

Got half way through the Video, and that is enough footage for me....I'd like to experience everything fresh.

Wouldve made for a perfect Morpheus game...with the whole 30fps converter. They are a small studio, and im sure the engine would take a hit in other areas.

That being said, still hopeful for a Morpheus patch down thr road. :D

Agreed this would make an excellent Morpheus game. I saw a game about alien abductions coming out for Morpheus and it's just the sense of being close up to doors and the like it was fascinating.

Senoculum

I don't usually harp on frames per second, but the stuttering encoding on the youtube version hurts my eyes.

Really, really looking forward to this, however. I love meticulous level design such as this, and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Looks so real, like you could find a village in England that looks exactly the same as the game. I've never seen houses in games which look as real as they do here, like the scale and everything, definitely something that will add to the immersion. Definitely interested.

Had to stop watching after 7 minutes. No, not because it was boring. The opposite in fact.
I really dug Dear Esther and to a lesser extent Gone Home, and this game has a more interesting setting and theme than both. Watching long video's of this type of game spoils some of the impact I would get if I went into it blind.

Really hope this comes out during the summer. Perfect game for a lazy british summer weekend.

HanaChie

Banned
I really am excited for this game since first trailer came out. Awesome atmosphere and feeling. It feels like that type of game which helps you just relax and calm down by playing it. My father used to work in England in a small town and somehow this really reminds me a lot of times when me and me family went to the vacation there..

RBK

Banned
Can someone explain what type of game I should expect before I shit on it with a uninformed opinion? Should I expect something like Heavy Rain?

All I got from the video that it's very story driven.

Can someone explain what type of game I should expect before I shit on it with a uninformed opinion? Should I expect something like Heavy Rain?

All I got from the video that it's very story driven.

Well since no one has seen it until now, watch the video. If it's anything like their other games it will be a first-person narrative adventure game.

The game looks great but I had to stop watching because of the developer commentary, if I took a shot every time they said "epic" or "intimate" I'd be dead. There's some interesting stuff happening like the beginning with the phone that I wanted to listen to and they just talk right over it. I wanna listen to the game, not developer buzz word garbage.

edit: Is there a version of the video without commentary?

well they've got the look and feel of an English village down to a tee. street signs, the way the pub and general store looks, the houses, everything. I'm a 10 minute drive away from somewhere rather like that. so props to them for that at least.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Great graphics and amazing recreation of a village town and great atmosphere.The only thing i don't like for the graphics is the lighting.Too much bloom for me.I want more natural lighting for me.

With the game engine and the recreation of a village town they make I would like they make military simulation games like Arma or operation flashpoint because the atmosphere is really good for that kind of games.Or for games like post apocalyptic zombie survival or fallout type.If the game launches in pc maybe with the mods the people can make games like i want.

I'll be there day 1 for the ps4 version.

Top Bottom