• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIDE delayed to mid-April on Xbox One & Xbox 360 in Europe

The Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of RIDE have been delayed until mid-April, Milestone has announced. The PS3, PS4 and PC versions have not been affected and are still planned for release this Friday, March 27.

The revised date marks the second time the Xbox versions have suffered a delay, with the game having initially been due to launch on all platforms last Friday.

A reason for the Xbox versions' delay has not been revealed.

RIDE is a brand new IP from Moto GP developer Milestone that lets players race a variety of superbikes across country and city circuits. A demo is available to download now on PC and PS4.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ride/news/ride_delayed_to_mid-april_on_xbox_one_and_xbox_360.html

The American release is in May for all platforms.

Is this meant to be any good? It has been a long time since a decent moto game.

I just downloaded the demo and was very impressed. Some points:

- The bikes are absolutely gorgeous and you can customize them pretty extensively.
- The handling model was pretty good as well.
- Riders and environments are not especially pretty, but at least the game runs smooth enough.
- Loading times are very long.

I can see this doing pretty well if it can manage to get the word out.

Bgamer90

Banned
Was a big fan of the Moto Racer games on the PS1. Heard about this game a few weeks ago. Definitely interested in it.

Kind of bummed out about the delay (was going to get it on Xbox One). Wonder what the issue is.

Hasney

- The bikes are absolutely gorgeous and you can customize them pretty extensively.
- Riders and environments are not especially pretty, but at least the game runs smooth enough.

Nice, might give it a shot if they can patch out the load times. I can deal with them for Bloodborne, not so much for racing

Nice, might give it a shot if they can patch out the load times. I can deal with them for Bloodborne, not so much for racing

Yeah, I don't know if it was just the demo, but there seemed to be some unnecessary assets that were refreshed every time you modified something in the bike. The load time before a race was probably a minute.

ekim

There's a Demo? Not on X1 I guess, because I can't find one... :(

flashmouth

Neo Member
I played a lot of their games in the past, but never heard of this one before.
Although the game design wasn't always that great, I had quite some fun with them, they definitely had their niche. I always liked the handling in SBK if you go full sim, hope they built up on that one.
Just watched an early Let's Play of the PC demo, that game looks great (for motocycle lovers...)! Glad they finally take on an own IP, you can tell from the videos in their youtube channel, that they also stepped up their (product) marketing, but guess they had to without any license.

Bikes look great, lot of customizing an tuning options.
Open road racing!!!
Just hope they nail the performance and online on console.

Jamesways

This release is a mess.

From their FB page-
-------------[[[ DEAR PLAYERS ]]]-------------
Milestone s.r.l., announces that RIDE will be available throughout Europe simultaneously in store and digitally for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 on APRIL 10th.
Windows PC/Steam still confirmed on March 27th.

Apparently it's out in box form in the UK today. Digitally, nothing.

And like other Milestone games, I'm guessing the digital and retail version will get pushed back for the US/NA market. MotoGP 14 got pushed back 3 times before it hit.

Bgamer90

Banned
This release is a mess.

From their FB page-
Milestone s.r.l., announces that RIDE will be available throughout Europe simultaneously in store and digitally for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 on APRIL 10th.

And like other Milestone games, I'm guessing the digital and retail version will get pushed back for the US/NA market. MotoGP 14 got pushed back 3 times before it hit.

Wow. Well, I hope it turns out good. Still interested in it.

GHG

Gold Member
If the demo is anything to go by this game is going to be pretty damn a awful.

Tourist Trophy is yet to be topped.

danowat

Banned
This release is a mess.

From their FB page-

Complete mess.

No boxed copies in brick and mortar stores, not that I can find anyway, although my Amazon order (£33.99, which is a good saving on the £49.99 digital version), has been dispatched, and there are plenty of people playing it out there.

Dominator

Weird timing lol, I just played the Motorcycle Club demo I downloaded last week tonight. I did not like that one at all so I'll give this one a shot.

Certinty

Thought the demo of this was pretty good after having played it a few times, though I'll probably wait and get Moto GP 2015 instead.

Jamesways

From the Ride FB page- Patch incoming, which is great.

"Dear Players,
We would like to inform our community that we are aware of the feedback reported by the users who had the chance to play RIDE Videogame, first.
A patch is already work-in-progress and will be released ASAP
Our Team will inform you on this channel as soon as the update will be available for download."

Also, I'll whip up an OT when I get it on the UK marketplace digitally the 10th.

TJP

I've found Ride for the PC for $20 but with so many issues being reported, many being cross platform issues, I'll wait a while before buying.

Looking forward to the OT Jamesways ;)

danowat

Banned
Just a few impressions for anyone interested in buying the game.

Pros

Physics, they are really good, arguably the best motorbike physics currently available

Bike models, seriously good, extremely detailed, look amazing

Some tracks look really nice (also see cons)

AI are very challenging and give a good race, even on very easy, with a middling bike it can be a struggle

Decent bike customization

Extensive world tour mode with some nice modes, so not just races, you also have trackdays where you have to catch a certain rider who has upset you by overtaking you!, also drag races.

Cons

Sounds aren't very good, exhaust upgrades don't change sounds

Bikes are very unbalanced, there are clear winners and losers in each class, and the losers can't be made good enough via upgrades to make them winners, which makes a large portion of the bike list a bit pointless.

No two stroke bikes, I mean, come on!

Some tracks aren't very appealing to look at.

It's a solid motorbike game, almost (but not quite) a Tourist Trophy for the current gen, it's a solid 8/10 game though, and worth the £34 I paid for it.

thelastword

Banned
I was watching some footage recently, it looks pretty good, I like the driveclub-like tracks (large tracks, lots of detail, quite varied). I'll definitely check it out when the price drops a bit.

Temptation got hte better of my and I bought this yesterday. Done a couple of hours this afternoon which is a long session for me, LOL!

A brief summary so far would be that it's filling a gap in the market that's existed since Tourist Trophy. It's refreshing to play a bike game that isn't a MotoGP, SBK or motocross game for a change, even if the format is nothing new, being pretty much the same as GT or Forza.

Despite being of the opinion that bike games don't work on gamepads, this is a very good attempt but I'm still waiting for the game that gets it absolutely right. However, the tuning options make a real difference and I was able to get a gold medal on the first time trial easily after levelling up my bike.

Bad points are definitely the loading. It actually loads for a while, then asks you to press X and then it loads some more! WTF?! But this is a Milestone game and the SBK games were just as bad. Music is OK to race to but ultimately forgettable once you've stopped playing. And the overall presentation of the game doesn't feel up to standard enough to have a Forza-style announcer speaking in a posh voice.

I'd put it at somewhere between a 7 and 8 out of 10 with en extra recommendation because it's pretty much the only GT-style bike game available at the moment. It deserves to do well.

danowat

Banned
Some pics

ride_201504031843074xsdc.jpg

ride_20150403184330azsm9.jpg

ride_20150403191721w3sfn.jpg

ride_20150403191757pjsdr.jpg

ride_201504041222113ysnt.jpg

danowat

Banned
Obviously not a huge amount of interest in this title, but none the less, anyone in the US waiting for the release will have to wait a bit longer, as it's now been delayed to Mid-June in the US.

Bizarre.

TJP

Milestone releases have been shite for North American customers for a while now. Best thing is to import once Milestone sort out the various bugs and issues.

danowat

Banned
Milestone releases have been shite for North American customers for a while now. Best thing is to import once Milestone sort out the various bugs and issues.

I know this is asking for trouble, but.............

Touch wood, I've had no bugs yet.

Although, one thing that does bug me, it that it's possible to "finish" the game (in the sense that topping the riders leaderboard and completing the elite events is finishing it) just by completing the first set of events (Middleweight nakeds), sort of renders the million other events a bit moot, unless you want to Pokemon all the bikes I guess.

Jamesways

I'm really not surprised by the US delay at all. In fact, I'm amazed there's one still planned. I stopped by GS yesterday and they still had May 19th in their system. I suspected it'd get pushed back, the same thing happened with MotoGP14, and really, with almost all of their last gen titles, that is if they came at all. Those tough publisher issues I guess. MotoGP 15 is slated for June and probably won't hit US shores until Oct/Nov.

I've been importing Milestone games for years, it's the best way in NA IMO. Typically the SBK series was 8-11 months behind. And WRCs were hit and miss period. At least now I have a ps4, so no region lock.

I'm still planning on getting this digitally Friday on the EU store, and I was planning on doing a quick OT for this, but I'm not sure I'll do that as this thread has a whole 4-5 people talking about it. Might as well just use this one.

Really looking forward to playing it though, mostly for the courses. It seems to be a good compliment to MotoGP in terms of bike variety and fresh tracks.

edit- nice pics by the way danowat!

DL'd the demo with my alt EU acct, ran a single 3-lap race.
Here's the beginning of the first lap mixed into the last lap.
(First time playing the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3a6zgVyLw

Other than it seemed like an OK game, I don't have an opinion on it.
Pretty sure it was 30fps though. If 60fps, I would buy.
Haven't bought a bike game since MotoGP'07 on 360.

xrnzaaas

OK and how long would you say it lasts? I wouldn't like to be left with single championships and multiplayer too soon.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DL'd the demo with my alt EU acct, ran a single 3-lap race.
Here's the beginning of the first lap mixed into the last lap.
(First time playing the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3a6zgVyLw

Other than it seemed like an OK game, I don't have an opinion on it.
Pretty sure it was 30fps though. If 60fps, I would buy.
Haven't bought a bike game since MotoGP'07 on 360.

Looks good enough, but now I want a proper Road Rash sequel.

danowat

Banned
OK and how long would you say it lasts? I wouldn't like to be left with single championships and multiplayer too soon.

Well, it's just a selection of themed events you choose from, no structure.

The "goal" is to earn rep and climb the leaderboard to become no1 in the world, which happens quite quickly, and to earn money buy bikes and collect them all.

If you are looking for a structured career, you might want to look elsewhere.

If you want a motorcycle game with a ton of events (I reckon there are hundreds of hours of events) and top notch physics, then you will find some fun.

xrnzaaas

Well, it's just a selection of themed events you choose from, no structure.

The "goal" is to earn rep and climb the leaderboard to become no1 in the world, which happens quite quickly, and to earn money buy bikes and collect them all.

If you are looking for a structured career, you might want to look elsewhere.

If you want a motorcycle game with a ton of events (I reckon there are hundreds of hours of events) and top notch physics, then you will find some fun.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded a demo yesterday and it plays weird. Add to that no real career and it's not for me. I'm still waiting for a new WRC game from Milestone, though.

danowat

Banned
Thanks for the info. I downloaded a demo yesterday and it plays weird. Add to that no real career and it's not for me. I'm still waiting for a new WRC game from Milestone, though.

Even if you did like it, I'd recommend holding off till a patch is released.

I am not playing it till one comes, in the hope that it will restore my progress, not that confident that will happen though!

Spades

Playing the full game now - whilst it might not look the best, the amount of different customising options the game has is incredible.

Also, as a Welshman, I appreciate the detail to make the road markings look accurate depending on what region you're in.

PV1zQCd.png

Here is a sample of the North Wales route, with the accurate "ARAF" warnings on the floor (Welsh for "slow") as they appear on the real roads here.

Top Bottom