• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego games on sale on XBox One, Marvel is $5

splattered

So there are all the lego games everyone thought they were gonna give away for free... just discounted instead.

Marvel's a fantastic game, but Batman 3 is surprisingly bad. Way overcomplicated and clumsy (constantly switching between costumes to do basic stuff), with infinitely spawning enemies at all times in practically every level. You end up playing as Robin and Cyborg on the dumb Non-Green Lantern planets for pretty much the whole game. It feels like a real mess, like they took the Marvel template and Assassin's Creeded it.

I see $7.50 for Marvel. Must be a Canadian thing (still good price though).

Wow, I didn't realize how badly Microsoft has gone back to its early 2000s price gouging ways with exchange these days. Regular prices used below for illustrative purposes.

USD store regular price - $20.00
CAD store regular price - $30.00

Theoretical CAD price at current exchange rate - $25.39

It took them years to give us fair exchange once parity was hit, now we are back to this crap again. I wonder how long before Live goes up to $70 or $80?

Yes other countries I know you have it way worse, I'm speaking from my own view point and experiences. :)

I loved Lego Marvel, almost enough to put up with no inverted controls.. almost. ;-;
It's still a great, great game though; well worth $5

Marvel's a fantastic game, but Batman 3 is surprisingly bad. Way overcomplicated and clumsy (constantly switching between costumes to do basic stuff), with infinitely spawning enemies at all times in practically every level. You end up playing as Robin and Cyborg on the dumb Non-Green Lantern planets for pretty much the whole game. It feels like a real mess, like they took the Marvel template and Assassin's Creeded it.
Got this impression from the 360 version of Lego Batman 3. The costume-swapping part in particular felt very forced.

Good deal fo sho but my wife and I couldn't stand it. She finished it and said it definitely the worst she'd played. Her gold standard is Lego City Undercover FYI.

Damn, no inverted control options kills it for me. I've been looking forward to picking up Lego Marvel on the cheap for a while now too. Thanks for the heads up.

Never played a Lego game but for $5 why the fuck not. It was essentially free since I had my $5 Xbox money from Bing rewards unused.

Neoxon

It's funny, because Lego Marvel may end up being the better deal between it & Lego Avengers (seeing as the latter is limited to MCU characters up to Phase 2).

TheKeyPit

Banned
Well...Just when I thought spending my last €'s from my account on Lego Marvel... It's 10€ in germany.

L02M3FJhkF19S.gif

CantTrickMe

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me if The Lego Hobbit and Lego Movie has an option to invert the y-axis camera. I bought Lego Marvel Day One and had to return it as it's painfully hard for me to play with a "normal" camera scheme. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom