• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Says Goodbye to PlayStation Home - Live Stream

Have to go to bed soon but please someone take screen quick video who lives in the PST timezone how it really ends.

Thanks for fun all have a good night.

Just went to one of the original central plazas. Chain Swing all up in this bitch.

*Just played saucer pop, hit detection still shit.
Gotta try bowling one last time.

I want to go to this party.

IDDT8lM.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, the service has gotten slow over the past few months. Even worse today than it normally is. I can't say I'll miss the slowly downloading spaces.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
this thread has somehow made me nostalgic and somewhat sad over the end of HOME. it was a cool concept that simply never panned out, ran like garbage, and was entirely too creepy.

TheSeks

Wow. I'm the only person in the Disgaea 4 space. Kinda sad. :(

TheSeks

To everybody asking, most of GAF is in the Wipeout space.

I dunno who that one dude next to you that is twinkish is (not Shagg, the other one) but he was hilarious.

I'm done though. The service is too slow and the conversations are all mourning it shutting down.

I dunno who that one dude next to you that is twinkish is (not Shagg, the other one) but he was hilarious.

I'm done though. The service is too slow and the conversations are all mourning it shutting down.

Haha yeah its realllll slow.

Guess ill shut it down myself now.

Cartman86

Banned
Cartman86, lol

hahah yes, this is exactly the type of person who would be hanging out in a Home club

You know how you choose a name when you are 13 and then feel like you need to keep it since that is who you are and who people know you as? But then you get to the age where you realize your real name is good enough and no one actually remembers you? Unlucky for you though there are a couple places that won't let you change your name :(

I will say though that for the sake of the illusion and the stream my name did something good for once.

TheSeks

So I'm guessing this is going to end with a whimper and not with a bang, if it hasn't already.

What are you expecting? Some earth shattering thing? It'll be clicked off/people kicked off like every other server shutdown.

The only ones that are different are stuff like Matrix Online (which was launched as a "continuation from Movie 3" so made a storyline for the shutdown ending) and that's... pretty much it.

FluxWaveZ

What are you expecting? Some earth shattering thing? It'll be clicked off/people kicked off like every other server shutdown.

The only ones that are different are stuff like Matrix Online (which was launched as a "continuation from Movie 3" so made a storyline for the shutdown ending) and that's... pretty much it.

I'm not expecting anything, but the only ones I've been familiar with were The Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies. I guess that means it's the whimper option.

this thread has somehow made me nostalgic and somewhat sad over the end of HOME. it was a cool concept that simply never panned out, ran like garbage, and was entirely too creepy.

Same, I used to hang on Home a lot and try to glitch rails and stuff. I'd look forward to "new" spaces and I actually created alt accounts in different regions to explore EU and JP Home's spaces. One of my best friends I actually met on Home. Crazy shit

border

I'm not expecting anything, but the only ones I've been familiar with were The Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies. I guess that means it's the whimper option.

Star Wars and The Matrix have a pre-existing mythos that they can use to create a narrative around a server shutdown. Playstation Home doesn't have any lore or world-building, so I imagine the end of PS Home can't be much more than "Cannot connect to the server".

KyleCross

I watched half of this yesterday and was gonna finish it up now but now I just get a black page that says to upgrade my account. Do these streams become premium content after a day or so or something?

Top Bottom