• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Carm

How the PS4 version crashing now for 24 hours, is still not fixed is unbelievable and unacceptable. Tried rebuilding database, no dice, in fact it crashes faster now. I'm in the process of downloading the game again, which will takes hours upon hours. On that particular note, why do I have to go to the PSN store to download the game again? Why doesn't it stay in my library, like the shitty demos I've downloaded off PSN that refuse to leave the library now, even when uninstalled?

As for turning off the internet to make it work? What good is that when I want to use the damn online features in the first place. I saw someone suggest to enable the internet after starting the game, that seemed to work, but freaked my PS4 the fuck out, to where the fan kept changing speeds constantly and was louder than it has ever been before. It was already extremely loud playing The Last of Us and compared to this, TLOU was actually quiet in comparison.

How the PS4 version crashing now for 24 hours, is still not fixed is unbelievable and unacceptable. Tried rebuilding database, no dice, in fact it crashes faster now. I'm in the process of downloading the game again, which will takes hours upon hours. On that particular note, why do I have to go to the PSN store to download the game again? Why doesn't it stay in my library, like the shitty demos I've downloaded off PSN that refuse to leave the library now, even when uninstalled?

As for turning off the internet to make it work? What good is that when I want to use the damn online features in the first place. I saw someone suggest to enable the internet after starting the game, that seemed to work, but freaked my PS4 the fuck out, to where the fan kept changing speeds constantly and was louder than it has ever been before. It was already extremely loud playing The Last of Us and compared to this, TLOU was actually quiet in comparison.

the temporary fix is to go into setting and turn internet off then enter the game press home go back to setting and turn it back on

The trick is to wrap two fingers in your shirt and slide them across the face buttons.

Makes it super trivial. Been doing that since MK1 on the SNES

I remember in the old days of NES Track n' Field, my cousin and I would get an aspirin bottle and scrub it over the buttons in the manner you said. Now, I can just use the top portion of my fingernail.

Onemic

can the lag be different for 2 players fighting each other? I swear, some people i fight with horrible delay seem to not mind at all that the connection is shit. Flawless execution and shit the entire fight, no idea how anyone could do that if their connection was as poor as mine

Theres host advantage in this game. Its happened to me.

Speaking of online, Ive yet to have one playable match. They've all been lag fests so far. Granted I have only played maybe a total of 20 minutes online

Carm

Reading that gamefaqs link further, someone corrupted their save by turning the internet on/off like that. Even though I do have the saves in the cloud, that is yet another reason I wouldn't want to do that.

Reading that gamefaqs link further, someone corrupted their save by turning the internet on/off like that. Even though I do have the saves in the cloud, that is yet another reason I wouldn't want to do that.

How the heck did that happen? Yet another reason this entire issue is a huge mess.

Version 1.02

11061003_10200581410693623_6162383762190939513_o.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah so I don't know what it is but I feel like I'm having trouble with input lag in this one. It's impossible to chain together a decent BNB with Kung Lao online.

kris.

Banned
so i just tried quan-chi vs sub-zero on very hard as a single fight

i got literally murdered. double flawless. i couldn't get a single attack in hahahaha i am awful

malfcn

Online is rough, in more than netcode.

I select > go to main menu.
The opponent quits.
Game stops to tell me they left.

That's great, but I already said I was leaving before them.

smh.

kris.

Banned
yeah this game is still pretty rough on pc. i've had two CTDs tonight which is super annoying. had one the other night too right at the beginning of a ranked match (i'm garbage at this so i dunno why it even matters) which really sucked.

Bizazedo

Theres host advantage in this game. Its happened to me.

Speaking of online, Ive yet to have one playable match. They've all been lag fests so far. Granted I have only played maybe a total of 20 minutes online

Every time I play Player Match, connection feels like shit :(. Ranked is usually fine, it's the weirdest thing.

And Ermac, someone's whoring close, trying to figure out the best way to get fast attacking people off him....hard in this online environment.

SlickVic

If I get a popup that I got 10000 coins, I'm guessing that means the game is up to date? I don't recall Steam downloading a 15GB patch, but I'm guessing it must have at some point. Not sure how else to check.

Every time I play Player Match, connection feels like shit :(. Ranked is usually fine, it's the weirdest thing.

And Ermac, someone's whoring close, trying to figure out the best way to get fast attacking people off him....hard in this online environment.

I main the Mac Man. If people are staying on top of you, try to block and punish with 1,1x Lift. Or, when all else fails, go for an EX Teleport Punch if you think they'll continue mashing buttons.

Khezu

All the new costumes are up in the model viewer, but you can't get them yet.
Kraken Reptile and Vamp Mileena look really cool.

Ermac sucks and just looks like a jerk.

Tokubetsu

Ran into someone online who...just let me beat him 11 times in a row. I lost one game. I beat him 3-4 times in a row just using bullshit Sub Zero shenanigans (ice klone style & I've never used him before). I felt kinda bad around the third one.

Also, D'Vorrah Venomous style is nasty. All you really to do is be cautios and just go for normals. That shit will add up over time.

I only just got done downloading the freaking 15GB update and now you tell me there's another multiple GB patch on its way? =.=

*sigh* At least my main menu and character select screen don't stutter anymore. I find it curious how the optimal settings the game chose for me are relatively low, but now I can just max it as much as it allows me to and it seems to be running at 60fps anyways even in the Sky Temple stage.

Lord Phol

New PC Patch 15,4 GB:

Krypt Koin Award - Thank You
Community Announcements - gary.lake-schaal
We truly appreciate your patience as we worked through Tuesday’s launch issues with the PC version of the game. Giving our fans a fun and smooth experience is very important to us, and as a thank you, we will be granting an extra 10,000 Krypt Koins to all PC players. This will appear the next time you load the game and will allow you to immediately unlock multiple premium Krypt items such as Skins, Fatalities, Brutalities, and more.

In addition, we are releasing a performance optimization update that will address the following:
Optimized shaders to improve graphics performance
Fixed an issue to prevent replays from using up too much hard drive storage space
Thank you again and we hope you are enjoying the game.

That's alot of diskspace, gotta be one hell of an optimization.

Edzi

Salty rant/desperate plea for help incoming:

I HATE the way this game registers special move inputs... I can't count the number of times I've tried to go from a low block to a forward attack and had it register as a special move. It get's me killed way too often and I'm not really sure how to adjust.

Also, maybe someone can help me here, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to utilize mixups in this game. It seems like most characters I've tried can't really do much with low attacks. I'm currently using Kung Lao, and just getting completely demolished online. This being my first MK game, I don't really know how to go about improving...

Bah, I think i'm done playing for tonight. I'm getting too salty with these losses and having no clue how to get better.

Why the hell does it match me with players from the other side of the world? It doesn't even make it past the character select screen before lagging out. Ugh.

Top Bottom