• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I loved the SKS.

This thing is crazy OP, I love it. I unlocked it on my PS4 copy of BF4(which is also premium, I wish Premium carried over to every platform you have BF4 for).

Thing is ridiculous man, I've fired a real SKS before and they are nowhere near as accurate as this thing and I'm a pretty damn good shot IRL.

I've shot Russian, Chinese(commercial and military), and Egyptian made SKS's and they were all pretty terrible accuracy wise. The Russian and Egyptian ones were the best though, the Chinese ones overheated too fast.

tuco11

Now that I own PS4 version andXb1 version I have to say Ps4 version looks better but the Xb1 seems to have better netcode. Plus less out of region players.

Welp.... I'm fucked.

My ban prevents me from playing on any server that streams the pbbans list. Pretty much can't play anywhere right now. All for playing completely legit and being banned for a "wallhack" somehow.

Not even sure how it happened. I'm on a relatively fresh windows install and there's almost nothing on here right now that could even cause a false ban. At least not that I'm aware of.

c'mon son.

i don't even play on PC and i know PBbans are automatic and not admin based. iirc, they use scans and metrics to determine irregular data.

Lulu23

They ruined the Kobra sight for me. Every since you can alter the reticule it isn't as thick anymore, which I really dislike. Setting "glow" to the highest setting possible is still far from enough unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This thing is crazy OP, I love it. I unlocked it on my PS4 copy of BF4(which is also premium, I wish Premium carried over to every platform you have BF4 for).

Thing is ridiculous man, I've fired a real SKS before and they are nowhere near as accurate as this thing and I'm a pretty damn good shot IRL.

I've shot Russian, Chinese(commercial and military), and Egyptian made SKS's and they were all pretty terrible accuracy wise. The Russian and Egyptian ones were the best though, the Chinese ones overheated too fast.

I thought the SKS was just Russian? Did they outsource the gun manufacturing to other countries?

They ruined the Kobra sight for me. Every since you can alter the reticule it isn't as thick anymore, which I really dislike. Setting "glow" to the highest setting possible is still far from enough unfortunately.

Honestly, the Korba's been bad since launch. It wasn't like BF3's. :/ But I didn't really use it outside of slapping it on terrible iron-sight guns like the A-91.

Edit: Hmmm... latest Call of Mountain Dew's Ex is including the AN-94. Too bad killstreaks/Titanflop abilities/bullshit is being included in that. :/

I thought the SKS was just Russian? Did they outsource the gun manufacturing to other countries?

Honestly, the Korba's been bad since launch. It wasn't like BF3's. :/ But I didn't really use it outside of slapping it on terrible iron-sight guns like the A-91.

Edit: Hmmm... latest Call of Mountain Dew's Ex is including the AN-94. Too bad killstreaks/Titanflop abilities/bullshit is being included in that. :/

as long as Game Fuel Lemonade or Live Wire comes back, it'll be worth it.

TheSeks

Haha, I had the same reaction at the convenience store I went to before work today. I really wish Taco Bell would just allow them to sell bottles of it, but I guess their business is too good to do that.
I don't go into Taco Bell very often anymore so I'm not one of these people that go there for that.

I didn't get to see the other "Taco Bell" exclusive one. *shrug* Couldn't find it. Maybe at Target/Wal-mart like you found it?

Donos

Good DLC maps:

CR: Silk Road
SA: Caspian Border and Gulf of Oman
NS: All of them, best maps in the game by far.
DT: None.
FS: I consider them all good but people who don't like vehicles might not enjoy them. I really like that matches are usually a lot longer on these maps, I've hit the Conquest Large 60m time limit many times on these.

As far as Premium goes, it's definitely good value. Not just because of the maps, but for all the weapons and gadgets it opens up.
Since i almost only played vanilla maps and only a few expansion maps, i tried Silk Road and don't like it (so far). Sniper fire everywhere. I like that good big maps like Caspian and Goldmud Railway have lots of cover against sniper fire. Maybe it have to play it more to feel it. Liked Propaganda the first time i played it but never got around of playing it again. Was not in the rotation of the servers i usually play. Have to make some Propaganda only evening.

TheSeks

Silk Road is a vehicle map. If you aren't an dirt bike, you're doing it wrong.

Haha, I had the same reaction at the convenience store I went to before work today. I really wish Taco Bell would just allow them to sell bottles of it, but I guess their business is too good to do that.
I don't go into Taco Bell very often anymore so I'm not one of these people that go there for that.

I didn't get to see the other "Taco Bell" exclusive one. *shrug* Couldn't find it. Maybe at Target/Wal-mart like you found it?

indeed. i go to Taco Bell maaaaybe three or four times a year

always get baja when i go

TheSeks

I actually found that other one in the same convenience store today. lol. I tried it, I think I prefer Baja by a landslide.

In on-topic discussions: I can't get used to space as pitch-up in the jet. That plus flares/locks are ruining me. I think I should stay on the ground instead of proving to Kane I can fly, but I get fucked over five ways to Sundays doing it.

You'll soon love silk road. Best DLC map ever.

In China Rising? Yes (outside of the terrible Rush variant of it). In others? LOL no.

TheSeks

OMG the people that nail folks with the bolt actions in close-range, I gotta give you props. I can't use this L96 ironsights for nothing. D:

Hey OT! Just ordered the game for PS4 and was hoping someone could provide a quick and dirty overview about the state of things with multiplayer. I played a couple of hundred hours of BF3 on the PC and Bad Company 2 before that so I'm familiar with the overall formula.

But, what can I anticipate being different? What are the most viable classes or setups right now? How's the server population? Etc., etc.

I look forward to seeing some of you guys out there!

Tubie

Hey OT! Just ordered the game for PS4 and was hoping someone could provide a quick and dirty overview about the state of things with multiplayer. I played a couple of hundred hours of BF3 on the PC and Bad Company 2 before that so I'm familiar with the overall formula.

But, what can I anticipate being different? What are the most viable classes or setups right now? How's the server population? Etc., etc.

Netcode is a lot better now.

As for server populations, you will find a lot of Conquest Large servers at any time of the day, specially vanilla servers. The other modes ymmv, but it shouldn't be impossible to find servers for them (at least for vanilla maps).

As for classes and set ups, it all depends on the map. Vehicle heavy maps will favor engineers, although the other kits can be useful too.

Gameplay stuff you probably already know from BF3, like spotting and using kit gadgets to help the team and that kind of stuff.

Weapon wise, just find something you click with. There are many more great weapons, but my personal choices are:

Assault: SCAR-H and AEK 971.
Engineer: MPX, SG553, ACE 21 and MTAR-21
Support: MG4
Recon: GOL Magnum and SRR-61

well the game is really BF3.5 so just go in like you would play BF3. The game "feel" is a little different so you'll have to relearn some things related to movement, aiming and shooting.

Some classes also have a lot of options regarding equipment so you'll spend some time finding out what you feel like is useful. EG. motion sensor balls vs other spotting tools.

Other than that you're good to just find out the weapons you feel like using and learning the maps :)

TheSeks

2XP this weekend fellow players.

"Oh really, when?"

NOW
Or tonight, dunno when Live

Gonna have to grind Metro. *sigh*

Theorry

Yeah did a couple of matches again because of 2xp. Played Hardline these last months.
But BF4 feels way better "netcode" wise. Holy crap. But Hardline has way better frames. The drops in BF4 are insane sometimes.

TheSeks

Ugh, these Defib kills. If I camp a doorway someone gets me before it connects. :/

TheSeks

Battlelog said:
Please note that the Battle report history slider feature below will be discontinued soon (2015-05-28 at the earliest)

Huh. I don't think I even used that more than once at launch. hah.

RiverBed

Banned
Anyone know how to get the 4th floor dogtag?
rWRn1nv.png

I got the Phantom bow and I played the Hardline demo and don't have that dog tag. Those were the suggestions when I did a quick online search. I also scanned the QR code on the card and it just took me to the emblem editor. The address linked was battlefield.com/4thfloor.
Any ideas?

TheSeks

Anyone know how to get the 4th floor dogtag?

I got the Phantom bow and I played the Hardline demo and don't have that dog tag. Those were the suggestions when I did a quick online search. I also scanned the QR code on the card and it just took me to the emblem editor. The address linked was battlefield.com/4thfloor.
Any ideas?

You had to play the pre-Alpha/"beta" demo of E3.

TheSeks

Break 20K in Commander nearly, DICE puts me in the "Hacker"/BF:Hardline "Commander" Leaderboard.

Uh... okay. I guess they're trying to say something?

---

Highlight of tonight: Back-to-back-to-back sniping with quick shots that CS:GO would be proud of.

Two on the roof, one on the ground about 100 meters from the paradrop. BLAM. BLAM. BLAM. Three seconds after the other.

lordxar

This is so true and really unfortunate

Edit: For those of you who want to know before, link goes to a video from LevelCap.

Can't disagree with any of that. I put BF3 on not too long ago on my PS3 and it just felt right. BF4 still feels weird after 500 hours. Mostly I was curious to try hit detection on BF3 which still felt good compared to 4. Its weird, the crew I run with used to put late hours in on BF3 but were done at normal hours on 4. Not sure if were just older or if the game isn't as engaging.

Hi all, I'm looking at possibly getting BF4 premium as to get all the DLC maps and what not. Is it worth getting though? How's the server/player population now with this game?

Keasar

Edit: For those of you who want to know before, link goes to a video from LevelCap.

I decided to give BF3 a try after watching this and see if his claims held.

I had always thought for some reason I was getting too old for Battlefield (at only 26...) because in BF4 everything was constantly chaotic as fuck. I felt I had no idea anymore what was going on, playing BF3 for the first time, I came in top of my team the first round I played despite having not played BF3 in years. Something that never happens in BF4 anymore. It is weird but I think he is right, everything (mostly) felt right in BF3 vs. BF4.

Some things could of course use the improvements of BF4 like better recoil, vehicle controls etc. but damn if not the overall feeling of BF3 is better.

TheSeks

I haven't seen the video. But from the title alone: I don't think many people will disagree outside of suppression changes in BF4.

BF4's netcode is awful. There's no defense for it. I'm CONSTANTLY getting "packet loss" icons in games since they introduced that shortly after launch and weird lag spikes on servers.

Some of this isn't on DICE specifically: Server providers were cut down MASSIVELY from like 6+ providers to... 3? 4? in BF4 due to EA cutting corners. Some of that may be shitty server providers, some of it defintely is DICE though.

I have no clue why having the same netcode in BF3 that Bad Company 2 had with the only exception being "client-side hit detection" (as opposed to the rubberbanding/hit detection issues BC2 had as "server-side") being both near "lag free" (yes, server degradation happened but not nearly as bad/often as BF4's constant lag spikes) but it's terrible.

It's what has really killed BF4 besides the maps being shitty for Rush for me: The game's hit/impact is a crap-shoot. Sometimes I have to dump an entire magazine into someone on some days IN THE SAME DAMN SERVER because of it.

lordxar

The damn packet loss thing in BF4 is just a reminder of how shitty that game was and kind of still is. Will never forget the notification they put in the network tester that basically blamed you for their shit servers. Thanks a pant load, I'm home alone with a good cable connection and no other games with issues but whatever. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been playing Hardline like crazy that going back to BF4 is a little jarring to me. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing some BF4, but Hardline feels so much better to me now.

Keasar

BF4 shits all over BF3.

BF3 is only good for using the jets and flying around with impunity.

Except in netcode, survivability (the TTK being constantly lowered), teamplay being diminished because of that lower survivability, general infantry combat being less messy due to less crap being constantly flown around because "Those CoD players love explosions so lets put that shit everywhere and see if it appeals to them and not worry about being able to figure out what the fuck is going on." and just general feel of the game.

However, there were of course some parts being less good. Overall map design being focused on tight corridors with barely any room to move (Damavand Peak, Metro (fuck this map to infinity and beyond), Seine Crossing and so forth). Weapon recoil acts weird like levelcap mentions. Sound is less fantastic which is good and bad in itself. Weapon controls are not as good as vehicles gets stuck on almost everything.

However, I do think I enjoy playing as infantry in BF3 a lot better than in BF4, which is despite the vehicle focused gameplay still what you do 70% of the time.

Oh boy.

Except in netcode,

I understand people still have issues with the netcode in the game, but to add my own anecdote on top of all the other ones, my experience with the netcode ever since the patches that have been made for it has been on par with BF3. In BF4 CTE it has been noticeably better than BF4 and BF3, I've seen many others agree with this as well.

survivability (the TTK being constantly lowered)

Factually incorrect, they have decreased the damage output across the board for practically most of the weapons in the game since release. TTK in BF4 is generally higher than in BF3.

teamplay being diminished because of that lower survivability

Again, the TTK claim is incorrect. Regarding teamplay, the commo rose is actually useful in BF4, you have squad perks that add up when your squadmates cooperate, unlike BF3 where everybody just went with whatever they wanted. I'm not seeing how teamplay has been diminished, if anything I've seen the opposite.

general infantry combat being less messy due to less crap being constantly flown around because "Those CoD players love explosions so lets put that shit everywhere and see if it appeals to them and not worry about being able to figure out what the fuck is going on." and just general feel of the game.

The infantry combat in BF3 consisted of everybody and their mother using the M16A3 and the AEK-971. BF4 on the other hand, while it has a greater number of weapons, still manages to be better balanced by having plenty of viable and strong weapons to choose from and the devs are still working on improving it further.

They have severely nerfed explosives across the board a long time ago as is and it's hardly an issue outside of the trash infantry maps that are Metro and Locker. There might be more crap to throw around, but they reload at a snail's pace and are never a problem outside of the two maps I mentioned earlier. In BF3 you have less crap thrown around but grenades, grenade launchers, etc, reload much faster, and this amplifies with some of the shitty chokepoint-filled maps that can barely handle 64 players in BF3.

and just general feel of the game.

Which is about as subjective as you can get it. Personally I find the general feel of the game to be much better in BF4.

-----------

Whoa, friend! Lets not say things we can't take back.

IDK man, I'm just not seeing how BF3 is better. Many clear and obvious improvements in BF4, plus the game is still being supported and getting more unannounced content on top of everything new shown so far.

TheSeks

For as shitty as the server is, I really really wish the fucking clan that owns it would police it.

TheSeks

Yup. When it comes to Rush, there's no need to bother with BF3 and 4 when BC2 is still being played IMO, at least on PC.

I was more pointing to the 0 on 360
. You're ruining things. STAHHHHHHP.

Top Bottom