• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much should someone shower in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this today. I shower once a day, while my parents go without showering for a week, sometimes longer. They think I shower too much, while I don't think they shower enough. How much do you shower in a week?

Corpekata

Banned
Once a week is grody.

I'd say at least 5 times a week (as in, every work day). Weekends it'd probably depend on the type of activity you do.

Joyful

every day will be standard opinion
every other day isnt too bad imo

depends on if you are a dirty/sweaty person really

EBE

yo ive smelled people who dont shower daily or who dont use deodorant. i dont want any of that.
once a day.

Cheska

I've been thinking about this today. I shower once a day, while my parents go without showering for a week, sometimes longer. They think I shower too much, while I don't think they shower enough. How much do you shower in a week?

Can I ask what their reasoning for this is? I honestly can't imagine living with someone who doesn't shower often.

There were only two acceptable periods in my life where I didn't shower every day. The first time, I was a baby. The second time, I was in Afghanistan, but I at least wiped down what I could on a daily basis.

The only correct answer is once a day.

cameron

Twice a day. In the morning after getting up, and in the evening/night.

Your parents are gross. Tell them they're gross.

Magwik

Banned
Every day of the week
The only time I will skip a day is if I am unable to access a shower or if I literally do nothing the day and will usually wash my hair in the morning anyways

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I think it really just depends on a ton of things.

-Good genes, don't do anything strenuous, low stress, cool environment: 3 days easy.

-In between

-Sweat easy, pits secrete often, stressed out, work out session, hot/humid: 3 times a day.

So yeah, it can vary.

182Ways

Ive never heard of so many people who shower more than once a day. Im legitimately surprised.

I shower every other day unless I feel the need to throw an extra one in there for some reason.

Can I ask what their reasoning for this is? I honestly can't imagine living with someone who doesn't shower often.
I've asked them before, and the reason they gave was that they just don't want to, and that they don't smell themselves. Unfortunately, I do, and it isn't nice. I can't imagine myself going out in public smelling like that, but they do all the time. I just don't get it.

I tend to base mine on the frequency of things I need to do notinmyhouse during the week(or severity of sweating done while out). While I was in college, once every day and a half or so. While unemployed...eh, nobody complained if it was every 2-4 days.

meijiko

"Your parents are gross," they all said without once ever setting eyes on them or standing near them.

The correct answer is however often it takes for a person to not stink. Some people need multiple showers a day, some can get away with less. Some people can't shower every day because it dries out their skin horribly.

My parents thought I showered too often when I went to once a day, but that is what it takes for me to not stink and feel gross. My mother bathes two to three times a week, I believe, and she never smells bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom