• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Piccoro

snesclassiccontroller2.jpg

The unspeakable things I would do for this...

Hmm, not sure if I should get it or not. I have 10k stars waiting to be spent so I'd still have 4k left over, but ideally I wanted the Majora's Mask and Mario Kart 8 soundtracks that the US and Japan got respectively.

Zafir

i missed that one, how much stars was it?

It was like 15k stars. Back then it was only Nintendo games giving stars too, so it was really hard to get unless you were a diehard Nintendo fan who bought all of their games.

Annoyingly, I'm 400 short of the Majora's Mask. :( Gutted.

Edit: Fuck, now I'm 50 short...

Dystify

I know it's a long shot, but could anybody buy the german version of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and then trade it with me for the english version? I can't download the english version on my 3DS because it's set to germany... I would be very grateful.

Danchi

Does anyone have a spare 250 star code? I'm just short of getting Metroid Fusion.

I didn't realise stuff like Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors had expired so soon -__-

edit: Just found Pokemon Conquest on the shelf but it's only worth 200. Would anyone like to trade? I've already done the birthday trick.

edit again: Sorted it! Ended up with Art Academy Sketchpad, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Link's Awakening DX, and Metroid Fusion.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I can also confirm my UK Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate code has registered fine. An unexpected 250 bonus stars so cheers for the heads up guys.

While the Majora's Mask light actually looks ok, I'm going to hold off for something I really want.

MrPanic

Just saw that majora's mask lamp. :|

I do hope they'll get a few more not cheap looking items or some other eshop games before more stars start to expire, because I'd hate to waste my stars on something like that.

TheMoon

I know it's a long shot, but could anybody buy the german version of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and then trade it with me for the english version? I can't download the english version on my 3DS because it's set to germany... I would be very grateful.

You will not be able to download it one way or the other. I don't get what you're asking. Unless you have not registered an NNID to your 3DS and thus can still freely change your country around, you won't be able to redeem that code anyway.

edit: oh did you buy the English code already? nvm, I totally read this wrong (it's late)

Have you tried contacting info@nintendo.de with this problem. They should be able to just trade you the code direct as it was their stupid website which had products you can not redeem on offer.

disco

Bought the light - I honestly think it will be cooler in real life that the bad product photography shots on the site. Similarly, I don't think we'll see many more stuff on Club Nintendo... it's just a hunch and I have nothing to back it up, but hey. Whatever.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I don't think that I will ever get that Majora's Mask light, I only have 1400 stars and I am unlikely to gain more.

I might as well spend them on something and kiss Club Nintendo goodbye.

mclem

From the discussion on the Light thread I raided my stack of unclaimed slips and picked out the ones that I hadn't realised expired on 31/03/15 to confirm that.

It was an intereting mix; of five codes, two worked, three didn't.

Worked:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Majora's Mask 3D

Did not:
Fantasy Life
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2

So in short, even if it *is* nominally 'expired', may still be worth a check!

Dystify

Have you tried contacting info@nintendo.de with this problem. They should be able to just trade you the code direct as it was their stupid website which had products you can not redeem on offer.

Yeah, I did that. In the first email they offered me a german version code to which I replied that I'd like that. In the follow-up email they said they will have to make an investigation first (whatever they mean with this) and it will take a while. Now it's been 3 weeks since that... Anyway as it stands, they said they would not deactivate my english version code even if I get the german one from them, which is why I thought I'd try asking for a trade with somebody.

RiggyRob

From the discussion on the Light thread I raided my stack of unclaimed slips and picked out the ones that I hadn't realised expired on 31/03/15 to confirm that.

It was an intereting mix; of five codes, two worked, three didn't.

Worked:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Majora's Mask 3D

Did not:
Fantasy Life
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2

So in short, even if it *is* nominally 'expired', may still be worth a check!

Well shit, better check to see if my 'expired' codes still work!

RiggyRob

Went through my Club Nintendo codes and found that you can indeed still register Majora's Mask 3D even though it's past the expiry date, which is handy. Pokemon ORAS have definitely expired though, which is a bit of a bummer.

Also found that Kid Icarus Uprising has an expiry date of 23rd September 2015, which is before Club Nintendo officially ends, so that might be worth keeping in mind.

dlee83

Neo Member
anyone got any codes to trade? i'm 300 short of the clock but do have a couple of trades that I could possibly trade with any interested parties

teeg

I'm really liking that Majora's Mask Light they added. However living in Canada limits my ability to get one.

If anyone is willing to grab one and send it my way that would be awesome! I'd be willing to work out a deal involving a PayPal transfer or even a trade for something.

Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

I just tried to register Majora's Mask and it actually worked!

A good friend gave me another bunch of codes for Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D and Smash WiiU that I don't need. Don't know if they still work, but pm me if you want them (one code per gaffer).

Edit: all gone!

The Majora lamp is already gone I see? Man, they don't last.

Not surprising, everyone has thousands of stars ticking down and Nintendo are putting nothing up to redeem them on. Wish I hadn't held out now, back to the same situation of 10k stars waiting on the minuscule chance they bother to give us the MK8 or Majora OSTs.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
thanks for the happy birthday trick!
btw, it is safe to assume that from now on I'll be stuck to my 2.500 stars, right? there is no way of getting additional stars, right?
So I can use them now, or wait until end of August to "buy" something worth with those 2.500 stars, right?

TheMoon

thanks for the happy birthday trick!
btw, it is safe to assume that from now on I'll be stuck to my 2.500 stars, right? there is no way of getting additional stars, right?
So I can use them now, or wait until end of August to "buy" something worth with those 2.500 stars, right?

buy old games that haven't expired.

gerudoman

Great. One of the reasons I took the plunge and bought Shin Megami Tensei IV was that I only needed 50 stars more to get the 3D World soundtrack, but it turns out that digital games no longer give stars. The birthday trick doesn't seem to work for me either, I don't know why since I haven't used it before and my birthday was long ago (november).

Are you sure? I've bought digital games recently and they've given me stars I'm 99% certain.. I am in UK which may make a difference. Maybe re-check your Club Nintendo 'My account' games list after 48 hours to give it time to update correctly?

gerudoman

Are you sure? I've bought digital games recently and they've given me stars I'm 99% certain.. I am in UK which may make a difference. Maybe re-check your Club Nintendo 'My account' games list after 48 hours to give it time to update correctly?

I bought it last Thursday and still doesn't show up in My account. I've searched a bit and found this:

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

TheMoon

Per the anounced timeline, digital doesn't give stars since April 20th.

They still did until a week or so ago. They definitely messed up the deadline which I found highly confusing. Kirby Fighters DX which I bought on the 24th still gave me stars, for example.

Top Bottom