• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorrZ

I'll do a mix of everything like I've done in all the other MGS. I used to be really obsessive with stealth games about restarting anytime I was caught, but just rolling with it is a much more fun experience overall.

+ there just seems to be so many toys to play against the enemies this time around that it would be a shame not to use them.

Rajang

For my first playthrough i will not follow any rule, i'll just go with the flow, whatever happens happens. If a buddy dies he dies, no restart.

I will also not restart a checkpoint if i get seen by an enemy. Seriously fuck that, if i made a mistake and alert the guards i have to deal with it and not rewind shit.

Yeah, I agree. Think I've said once that I would restart on alert in my first playthrough but I have changed my mind on that. It's fun to just wing it when you're spotted and think on your feet. You'd miss out on a huge part of the dynamic gameplay in MGSV. But what I won't do is kill too many soldiers because I want to use Fulton as much as possible. Fulton is going to be an essential part of TPP (just like it was in PW). Need to get the combat, r&d and intel units to high levels quickly, so I can develop the best items and weapons. And also defend myself from invasions from you guys by having a base full of s-rank combat units, hehe.

MajorTom

My first time through it in just gonna go with the flow. If I fuck up and have to kill then I will. I'll save the no alerts/kills runs for my other playthroughs.

strafer

For my first playthrough i will not follow any rule, i'll just go with the flow, whatever happens happens. If a buddy dies he dies, no restart.

I will also not restart a checkpoint if i get seen by an enemy. Seriously fuck that, if i made a mistake and alert the guards i have to deal with it and not rewind shit.

This is me also. I never follow any rules when I play a game for the first time, just like you said, I'll go with the flow, it can at times be really hard not to restart, with games like Splinter Cell.

But with games like Metal Gear Solid I tend to start my first playthrough on the easiest difficulty just to get through and watch the story unfold.

On my second playthrough I'll go normal or hard to learn enemy patterns and shit.

Then on third I'll go for a 100% stealth. It's really fun.

Kazuhira

Speaking of Invasions,i hope invaders can´t steal your s-rank soldiers,resources,equipment etc that would be frustating.
Anyway don´t mess with my motherbase,you don´t stand a chance against my army of tigers,lions,elephants and anacondas
(if those animals can be captured,of course)

Rajang

Speaking of Invasions,i hope invaders can´t steal your s-rank soldiers,resources,equipment etc that would be frustating.

Yeah, if my s-rank soldiers can be stolen I'll just turn invasions off. Fuck that. I'm not going to spend so much time looking for high rank soldiers for them to be stolen like that in a few minutes.

i never post here and MGS is my fav game of all time, will sub.

also id like to share my emotions on TPP and see if anyone feels the same

with every MGS i've looked forward and excited to play, with TPP im actually intimidated because of GZ and its change of gameplay, GZ was hard, TPP has me scared!

R-User!

I'm not sure if I'll reload saves if spotted, but I will pick the hardest difficulty first.

Edit: I may not reload saves, but I may hit options>continue from last checkpoint if I'm seen early on in a mission.

I played MGS 2, on the hardest difficulty first and reset every room if found (treated every room like a puzzle, and it was a glorious experience finishing with No Alerts! It was also very fun "solving" each room. From then on (MGS 3&4) I made it a point to play the same way because it was still a ton of fun NOT killing anyone or being seen (The Sorrow was boring I must say.)

But with TeePeePee, it will be much larger outdoor areas (with the likelihood of approaching a zone and making an initial mistake that much higher) with checkpoints being triggered dynamically as in GZ's, so i don't think that it'll be as much fun reloading from a save file due to loading times, I imagine.

But I wonder who'll be "handling our saves" during this game. Might it be Ocelot? Offering us insight into his character throughout the game? (Or misinformation?) <_<

I wonder whether Kaz, Ocelot, Quiet, DD, Amanda, Chico, Paramedic, Sigint, Codetalker, Huey, Greyfox, Solid, Eli(quid), Solidus, Skullface and Zero will at some point be on the CODEC. Or will the CODEC just be Ocelot and the rest of the info only on tapes.

(Just messing around with that last nonsensical paragraph).

Rajang

with every MGS i've looked forward and excited to play, with TPP im actually intimidated because of GZ and its change of gameplay, GZ was hard, TPP has me scared!

Welcome brother.

And I'm not intimiated, GZ gave me alot of practice.

Venom Fox

Banned
vOPI9NT.png

What the heck's been going on around here? I leave for a couple of days, when I return it's looking like a Jim Jones picnic, all up in this bitch!
Poor RadioHammer, I'll miss his questions :(
Do you guys think the mod will un perma ban him and give him a temp ban instead, considering he was a member who was made a junior?

Kindekuma

Banned

Welcome! GZ was hard for me at first but now I've really picked up the type of gameplay involved. Just always be wary of your environment and use your imagination when it comes to tackling your mission and it'll be fine :)

Rajang

I thought there was reward in TPP.

Every POW you rescue in GZ will be in Motherbase in TPP. I also believe you will get Kojima if you did the Save Intel Operative mission, this is not confirmed though.

I'm still not sure how the whole GZ code thing even works.

Every POW you rescue in GZ will be in Motherbase in TPP. I also believe you will get Kojima if you did the Save Intel Operative mission, this is not confirmed though.

I'm still not sure how the whole GZ code thing even works.

This is really crazy konami said come back early 2015 to use the code and nothing happened lol

Rajang

Brother, what about the Mother Base app in the Idroid? Do those soldiers transfer to TPP?

As MajorTom said we don't know, but I highly doubt it. For example there are unlockable characters like The Boss in there, she obviously won't be in your combat unit in TPP. I think TPP will just look for the GZ save for mother base recruits. Kojima also said there would be something cool for people who played GZ:
&#8220;People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That&#8217;s the current plan. There&#8217;s something of a big feature involved. It&#8217;s never been done in the games industry before. So I can&#8217;t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you&#8217;ll be surprised. It&#8217;s something that&#8217;s only possible through video games.&#8221;

Metal Gear Informer

brau

As MajorTom said we don't know, but I highly doubt it. For example there are unlockable characters like The Boss in there, she obviously won't be in your combat unit in TPP. I think TPP will just look for the GZ save for mother base recruits. Kojima also said there would be something cool for people who played GZ:

Where is Tora lately? he should be helping answer all these questions.

Anyway don´t mess with my motherbase,you don´t stand a chance against my army of tigers,lions,elephants and anacondas
(if those animals can be captured,of course)
A tiger? In Africa?!

Rean

Poor RadioHammer, I'll miss his questions :(
Do you guys think the mod will un perma ban him and give him a temp ban instead, considering he was a member who was made a junior?
I dont even know if mods can un perma ban people. If so, maybe.

vOPI9NT.png

What the heck's been going on around here? I leave for a couple of days, when I return it's looking like a Jim Jones picnic, all up in this bitch!
PM'd

Loakum

Banned
I dont even know if mods can un perma ban people. If so, maybe.

PM'd

Thanx, got it. I wonder if will Kojima show up at this year's E3? That man deserves a 5 minute standing ovation if he does. I'm also wondering what Kojima will do to mind-fuck us (because we know how he loves doing just that)

Shy

Yeah, if my s-rank soldiers can be stolen I'll just turn invasions off. Fuck that. I'm not going to spend so much time looking for high rank soldiers for them to be stolen like that in a few minutes.
You guys make me laugh, you want your cake and eat too, you want invasions but you don't want to deal with any of the consequences from it.

If you get in invaded and your really good stuff gets taken, tough, R&D better base defenses then.
May i have a PM too please, i think there's still some info i'm missing.

or not.

ZU1KDr1.png

Philosophical Tora. Helping the community one tweet at a time.

Is Magus: May Juss, May Gus, Mag Gus.

Is Ayla: Eye luh, Ay luh

Is Janus: Yahn Nus, Jan nus

The world may never know. In the medival times it'd be May Gus, but traditionally it's be May Jus. Like Mage. SO I DON'T KNOW

Mexen

The world may never know. In the medival times it'd be May Gus, but traditionally it's be May Jus. Like Mage. SO I DON'T KNOW

But is Mag Gus: Mag Gass or Mag Goose?

Is Jan Nus: Jan Nass or Jan Noose?

( ._.)

I dont even know if mods can un perma ban people.

It's not so much a question of whether they can but more of a "will they" given a certain case.

How does the GZ code work for TPP?

It doesn't. Not yet.

The "early 2015" people float around was actually placeholder text from an early build of the website we had made but wasn't supposed to go out. Then, oops, those copies of GZ got leaked in the Middle East and people had a website to go to that wasn't supposed to be live yet with placeholder text.

Continue to hold on to your code, they will be instrumental in redeeming your GZ->TPP loyalty reward, and we will have more details for that as we come up to September 1. But until the game comes out there's really nothing to worry about, yet.

Kindekuma

Banned
Tora here. How can I help?

Also wanted to say the OT looks lovely as always, well done, team.

Wow, didn't expect that to work that well. Hi, Tora!

What does it take to be apart of that 80's movie poster thing? I think I could make something cool for it, so what's the submission process like?

Wow, didn't expect that to work that well. Hi, Tora!

What does it take to be apart of that 80's movie poster thing? I think I could make something cool for it, so what's the submission process like?

The 80s poster idea was created by our European team and as far as I know, was created by reaching out to particular artists they decided they wanted to partner with some time ago (like a month ago, I think?). I have no insight into the direct process, but I've really been digging the output from their works.

Europe really loves doing their art co-ops and art contests. I'm of a different mind, but only because I like to include those that may not be artistically inclined to participate. If you are interested in future projects, make sure to follow our KONAMI EU and UK channels.

Kindekuma

Banned
The 80s poster idea was created by our European team and as far as I know, was created by reaching out to particular artists they decided they wanted to partner with some time ago (like a month ago, I think?). I have no insight into the direct process, but I've really been digging the output from their works.

Europe really loves doing their art co-ops and art contests. I'm of a different mind, but only because I like to include those that may not be artistically inclined to participate. If you are interested in future projects, make sure to follow our KONAMI EU and UK channels.

Cool thank you!

My buddy from KONAMI San Mateo gave me the answer, best to go looking for the originally Japanese names and sort of backwards engineering a name from there. At least Robo will always be Robo and Frog will always be Frog.

Mexen

It doesn't. Not yet.

The "early 2015" people float around was actually placeholder text from an early build of the website we had made but wasn't supposed to go out. Then, oops, those copies of GZ got leaked in the Middle East and people had a website to go to that wasn't supposed to be live yet with placeholder text.

Continue to hold on to your code, they will be instrumental in redeeming your GZ->TPP loyalty reward, and we will have more details for that as we come up to September 1. But until the game comes out there's really nothing to worry about, yet.

Will this apply if I grab a copy of GZ tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom