• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2014: That Classic Taste [now ending]

0XttzXf.png

Finally did it. That took quite a few tries. My final strategy for Neo-Exdeath was Bartz with a Chicken Knife Mugging, Lenna with a Rune Axe powered by !Blue, Krile as a Blue Mage with Artful Dodger (for the Speed buff for more turns), and Faris as a Red Mage using a Rune Blade and !Blue.

I decided to Magic Lamp first because as tempting as the idea of saving the final piece for last as a quick kill was, I needed to get some of those attacks off my back. Thanks to Mighty Guard, Elixers, and White Wind, the team could survive Almagest while taking about 775 damage, so the real threat was the Grand Cross section neutering the party. Because of this, I focused on the Grand Cross section with Chicken Knife, Aeroga, and Rune Blade. The team was able to take it down, but not without Bartz turning Old. This meant that he was pretty much only useful for slinging Phoenix Downs and Elixers.

After the Grand Cross side was down, the physical and Almagest parts were no problem. I just had to make sure that my HP stayed up and the Almagest part (which had more HP at that point) was taken down before Beserker Lenna killed the physical part too quickly. I was able to take out both parts one after the other.

Everyone was Level 36-38, a 7 level improvement over the 2013 White -Mage/Summoner/Ninja/Dancer team at Levels 43-44. I'm glad I managed to finish in the end, and I'm sure I'll be back in 2015.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Real life is a pain sometime. I planned on being active in this thread and beating the game six times. I'm just barely going to finish both my initial runs. I did cross one more off of my all time class list and am now only missing Blue Mage. I think I've had every class except Red Mage twice or more besides Blue.

I love this game and I don't know why I put off finishing these runs at night so long ago but when you get home some nights you'd just rather do something else, and then one day you wake up and its August 31st.

Next year I have something special in mind that I will make time for.

SkyOdin

Darn it, I don't think I'll be able to finish it this year. :(

I simply lost momentum and got distracted by other stuff until today. I've generally been doing really well, but I just don't have enough time left to clear the last part of the Dimensional Rift. My save point is in the castle in the Rift, and I was able to beat Halicarnassus and Twintania. But then I died to Necrophobe and I forgot to save after beating Twintania so an entire play session got wiped out. Arrrghhh.

I am pretty confident that I can beat the game with this team, but if I am dying this quickly to Twintania and Necrophobe then it is is very likely that I am under-leveled for fighting Neo-Exdeath. And I definitely don't have time left for level grinding.

I had an interesting team too: Monk, Red Mage, Ninja, and Dragoon. Overall weak picks other than Ninja, but it had some decent synergy and a lot of physical attack power. Red Mage with either Lancet or 2-Sword, anything with X-Magic, +30% HP for extra survival, and and Ninja with Build Up for more damage. I had a lot of interesting options.

I'll have to be more on top of things next year.

Chris R

Maybe I won't beat it tonight :( Catastrophe is destroying me since I can't abuse float/reflect. That earth attack does 90% of my HP :(

edit: er maybe not! Spamming !Animals has saved the day once again.

Chris R

Twin Tania down with Odin's help.

Probably wont beat it tonight, but I'll get it tomorrow unless I need to grind levels a bit.

edit: yup, I should be able to beat it tomorrow no problem, just wiped aginst those stupid barier thingies :(

W.T. Fits

Neo Member
Hey, RK, I tweeted my #Victory to Gilgabot yesterday, but didn't get a "logged for processing" message back. Did Twitter screw something up to make it so Gilgabot can't see certain tweets anymore or something?

Ourobolus

Banned
This is my first year I didn't finish. I had a couple of runs going simultaneously, and while I was at Neo ExDeath on one of them, I really didn't want to grind forever to beat him (Natural Red/Red/Monk/Thief, already at like level 40 or so).

I'm ashamed. ;_;

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
$11,414.14!

Just want to thank everyone for playing and apologize for the end where something changed with Twitter and I was scrambling trying to get things working right. Going to have to do some tweaking before next year but blah blah blah.

$11,414.14!

Thanks again and I hope to see you next year!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got caught up in a web of MH3U, work, MH3U, and other hobbies such that I shamed myself and only beat the game twice, and that just barely.

Next year though, I am going the distance.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I never did get around to finishing my last run. It didn't help that having Beastmaster + Berserker (again) was annoying.

My second run kicked ass though, jobs were super OP and I beat all three bosses (and Gil Turtle).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oooh, I just checked the Job fiesta site...countdown hype.

This year flew by and I noticed that I still have a save from Exdeath's castle of my ORIGINAL team of Monk/Berserker/Beast Master/Dragoon. So...I'm going to do a tune up run and see if I can finish it off at a lower level then I did previously.

I had to grind my ass off to beat Neo that time, but I also sucked at the game and my knowledge of it was rudimentary to say the least. I still think this is pound for pound the worst group you can get under regular rules, especially back then.

My first fiesta was my hardest fiesta, too: Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer. Not sure if that is better or worse than your party. Your party is probably better in world 2 and worse in world 3 thanks to BM. At least with Beastmaster you can grind on Shield Dragons.

I think I beat that game on level 50 or something. Like you, I can probably do that 10 levels lower now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My first fiesta was my hardest fiesta, too: Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer. Not sure if that is better or worse than your party. Your party is probably better in world 2 and worse in world 3 thanks to BM. At least with Beastmaster you can grind on Shield Dragons.

I think I beat that game on level 50 or something. Like you, I can probably do that 10 levels lower now.

Berserker screws up leveling with shield dragons. Gotta leave them dead. I've even tried blinded+no weapon and they'll still hit from time to time.

Top Bottom