• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

I need some help destiny Gaf, I hit level 34 last night and in my excitement went to try the lvl 35 POE, now the issue is, I don't have the gally, and i felt like a severely lacking team member with out it, we couldn't get past the fallen wave unfortanutley. I decided I'm not going back to it until I have one maxed out gally. Now I've never gotten one, and I run the raids pretty regularly, so tell me, is there any proven method to getting this weapon?

I need some help destiny Gaf, I hit level 34 last night and in my excitement went to try the lvl 35 POE, now the issue is, I don't have the gally, and i felt like a severely lacking team member with out it, we couldn't get past the fallen wave unfortanutley. I decided I'm not going back to it until I have one maxed out gally. Now I've never gotten one, and I run the raids pretty regularly, so tell me, is there any proven method to getting this weapon?

Best odds right now if you ask me is farming for treasure keys and then just running PoE on 28 over and over. I've had two friends get their first Gjallahorn since launch from that chest, exotic drop rates are crazy high.

SeanR1221

Made out pretty well tonight!

Did PoE for the first time and got the Red Death which I like a lot.

Also ended up getting a legendary helmet and cape.

I bought some new boots from the hunter vendor. I'm so close to level 32

Compsiox

Banned
Made out pretty well tonight!

Did PoE for the first time and got the Red Death which I like a lot.

Also ended up getting a legendary helmet and cape.

I bought some new boots from the hunter vendor. I'm so close to level 32
Don't forget dismantling anything exotic gives you a shard that you can use to max out an exotic to the highest degree possible

SeanR1221

Don't forget dismantling anything exotic gives you a shard that you can use to max out an exotic to the highest degree possible

I have enough to buy a shard from Xur tomorrow. Gonna upgrade my chest plate and then do the PoE on 32 to get the armor core and get gloves :)

Compsiox

Banned
cW689QX.gif

I have enough to buy a shard from Xur tomorrow. Gonna upgrade my chest plate and then do the PoE on 32 to get the armor core and get gloves :)
Okay sweet. Race you to 34!

SeanR1221

Okay sweet. Race you to 34!

Hah! You'll probably beat me there.

I gotta say, this expansion is WAY better than dark below.

It seems they made certain things a lot easier/streamlined

If you have a key is there any advantage to doing PoE on a higher level? Or does that only effect the two smaller chests?

Do you only get one exotic per week out of that chest? I did it twice after my first run on one of my characters and didn't get an exotic both times.

Though I got exotics on all three of to characters first time through.

Also, I'm fairly sure I'm never going to get that jellyhorn. *sigh* I've gotten multiples of every other exotic except for that one.

Phantasy Star

Neo Member
Do you only get one exotic per week out of that chest? I did it twice after my first run on one of my characters and didn't get an exotic both times.

Though I got exotics on all three of to characters first time through.

Also, I'm fairly sure I'm never going to get that jellyhorn. *sigh* I've gotten multiples of every other exotic except for that one.

Yeah it's 1 exotic per week, the rest of the time you use keys you're getting only Queen legendaries (except at 35 you get a bit more). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've just been lurking on Reddit this week.

Yeah it's 1 exotic per week, the rest of the time you use keys you're getting only Queen legendaries (except at 35 you get a bit more). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've just been lurking on Reddit this week.

And I'm assuming each character gets a key per week? If not, I'm not going to use my keys for runs when I can save them for exotics.

You are always going to get a queen's weapon at the big chest. The 35 PoE chest also gives you a fancy glowy shader, a new emblem, and the coolest fucking ship in the game yet.

0KlsYfX.jpg

06oCTXx.jpg

Well, I gotta say the higher level Prison of Elders is way more fun than the 28. I hit 34 after running it twice and I can't wait to get into the 35 one tomorrow. I gotta say, after feeling very underwhelmed the first day things have been on the up since then. I can't believe I'm stuck wearing Crota gear for longer now.

Can't wait to take on the Trials tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to that and I hope my team holds up well! I really want that Horus inspired Titan armor. Or the Anubis warlock set! I'm actually really excited. You did good Bungle, you done good.

06oCTXx.jpg

Well, I gotta say the higher level Prison of Elders is way more fun than the 28. I hit 34 after running it twice and I can't wait to get into the 35 one tomorrow. I gotta say, after feeling very underwhelmed the first day things have been on the up since then. I can't believe I'm stuck wearing Crota gear for longer now.

Can't wait to take on the Trials tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to that and I hope my team holds up well! I really want that Horus inspired Titan armor. Or the Anubis warlock set! I'm actually really excited. You did good Bungle, you done good.

35 is crazzzzzzzzy. So much fun though.

I'm so ready for ToO. I need that chest piece. Pls and ty.

TsuWave

killed skolas in prison of elders 35 last night and i just wanna say i feel bad for people without a gjallahorn cause man

Did bungie ever actually mention Comet or any further expansions?

Do you think they have any announcements for E3?

I'm asking because I have this game on PS3, but no one ever plays, so I was thinking of getting a used copy for cheap on my Xbox One. This way, I can actually play with people on the regular with an actual mic. However, I don't want to buy it if comet comes with vanilla destiny

Dart

I remember when xur was selling the gally, & I thought it wasn't worth the coins...

I made a huge mistake.

I'm asking because I have this game on PS3, but no one ever plays, so I was thinking of getting a used copy for cheap on my Xbox One. This way, I can actually play with people on the regular with an actual mic. However, I don't want to buy it if comet comes with vanilla destiny

Yes, 1.5 (or Comet) is coming out with 2 smaller DLCs. Then Destiny 2 later on.

wwm0nkey

Comet is sounding like an add on and re-release. So yeah wait until then if you can wait.

hydruxo

How did you do it?

Pop a heavy ammo synth, then wait 5 minutes in the airlock before entering the arena so that you have another heavy synth ready to go. Go take out the ghost servitor in the back left corner. Then just unload all Gjallarhorn rockets into Skolas until you run out, pop another synth and repeat until he's dead. After that you're free to dismantle the mines without any enemies spawning.

How can I get to 34 if I'm 31 with the Expansion?

I've done everything I could so far (Single Missions, Strike, Prison of Elders 28) and got no equipment.

Luckily the PoE chest dropped an IceBreaker.

I remember leveling up easily when Dark Below released.

An in game LFG system would not take long. A game as popular as Destiny, I would take minutes. Make a party and advertise with a brief message such as "experienced and commited players only" or "newbies welcome".

Then list. Let players browse the list and join a group that suits their preference

Heck, i would love just to be able to make a similar note on my profile: "join for nightfall/crucible/prison" to let gaffers and other buddies online see what kind of games im looking to get into.

Now we just have to stay in orbit, post on Gaf, make a Party, send invites asking specific people... messy.

Roussow

Hey guys, I used to visit the Destiny OT alot back around launch, I played it for a significant amount of time on PS3 before I purchased a PS4 In late December (I never played The Dark below). I traded in most of the PS3 games I owned that were also on PS4, with the logic of "If I want to play it again, I'll buy it on a new system, for around the same price as it's trade value". Games like The Last of Us, Wolfenstein, Alien: Isolation & GTAV were traded, among them was Destiny.

Now I'm starting to get the Destiny itch again, and with House of Wolves I thought this might be my jumping in point. Now I assume my save files from PS3 won't carry over because I didn't download all the compatibility patches, and I don't have my Destiny PS3 disk to do so (I assume that's what they were for, someone please inform me if otherwise), so I'm probably going to have to level a new character.

Can I pickup Destiny and download House of Wolves and be able to get up to date, do I need The Dark Below? Would you even recommend it?

The other concern is the lack of a PS4 mic and people to play online with. I don't want to bother with Raids either, doing it with randoms on PS3 was enough of a hassle. Will I be able to get exotics and legendary items solo? Is it viable? Can I get up to the new level cap without to much assistance? Outside of a bit of strike matchmaking, of course.

oIL2PX0.jpg

Win a Clash, finish first.. nothing. Increased rewards for finishing first and winning I heard?

Heh, I got a legendary auto rifle last night and finished bottom on a losing team in Control :p

It's all still random as hell but by the same token, about four people in that match got legendaries.

I think drop rates are up

Best odds right now if you ask me is farming for treasure keys and then just running PoE on 28 over and over. I've had two friends get their first Gjallahorn since launch from that chest, exotic drop rates are crazy high.

Thought it was one exotic per week going by other posters here?

I got my 2nd Ice breaker last night but god the things I'd do for a ghally.

Lothars

Now I'm starting to get the Destiny itch again, and with House of Wolves I thought this might be my jumping in point. Now I assume my save files from PS3 won't carry over because I didn't download all the compatibility patches, and I don't have my Destiny PS3 disk to do so (I assume that's what they were for, someone please inform me if otherwise), so I'm probably going to have to level a new character.

Can I pickup Destiny and download House of Wolves and be able to get up to date, do I need The Dark Below? Would you even recommend it?

The other concern is the lack of a PS4 mic and people to play online with. I don't want to bother with Raids either, doing it with randoms on PS3 was enough of a hassle. Will I be able to get exotics and legendary items solo? Is it viable? Can I get up to the new level cap without to much assistance? Outside of a bit of strike matchmaking, of course.
All your progess and characters will carry over, I like Dark Below for the raid but it's not essential. I would still recommend to get both of them but I would start up on ps4 than decide if you want to get the expansions.

killed skolas in prison of elders 35 last night and i just wanna say i feel bad for people without a gjallahorn cause man

Without ghorn, Skolas is like a 36 PoE fight.

Pop a heavy ammo synth, then wait 5 minutes in the airlock before entering the arena so that you have another heavy synth ready to go. Go take out the ghost servitor in the back left corner. Then just unload all Gjallarhorn rockets into Skolas until you run out, pop another synth and repeat until he's dead. After that you're free to dismantle the mines without any enemies spawning.

Same here. We wiped three times before we realized our third man wasn't popping that second synth. Once he did, we killed Skolas with ease on the next attempt.

Zakalwe

Banned
Neogaf or this topic? Pretty sure I've put my name out there in the official threads and never had any responses.

Official thread.

How proactive were you? Did you just make a "can someone help" type post and leave it?

When I want a group I use the accepted standard that's become the norm in the OP.

For a raid, for example, I'd put:

VoG Hard Mode
Newbies welcome

1. Zakalwe

Quote and add name to join. Leaving when we have a full party.

Then keep an eye on the thread and repost if the pages turn too quickly.

I've never not been able to build a group and it's never taken very long.

Also recommend adding people from the thread and getting to know the community. Yes, the game is lacking in terms of social functionality but we have a large, active, friendly, and willing community for Destkng here. If you use it properly you'll always find a group.

Dunlop

Give people an OPTION for MM. That's all they need to do.
I never understand the argument against this, if it's not mandatory then everyone here can still group in the way they do now

It opens the door fur people that don't frequent gaming sites or know the lfg sites exist

Zakalwe

Banned
I never understand the argument against this, if it's not mandatory then everyone here can still group in the way they do now

It opens the door fur people that don't frequent gaming sites or know the lfg sites exist

MM has many negative aspects too. It's not a perfect solition. It's not always the best answer.

Saying "it would be ok because it would be optional" doesn't change this.

BokehKing

Banned
I dont understand how LFG gives you a different "class" of player than MM...

You are just as likely to get people with no mics, no clue, etc.

Have MM which requires an active mic be connected perhaps.
It's a different class of player because you're teaming up with someone dedicated to finishing the mission and you can communicate with. Random are horrible.

Besides these are 3 man events, which means the chance of you getting a full party increased tremendously because usually raids are 6

excowboy

I bailed on Destiny when The Dark Below hit as it seemed such a rip off and the roadblocks to progression it invented (as well as pushing players backwards) just seemed awful...
However... the new changes and ability to level up all my old gear has snagged me back in and the addiction is real. Played an hour or two thinking 'this is cool, load of new stuff to do, load of different systems/economies to play with, I'll just take my time'. Now I'm already trying to min-max my character, playtime and chance at good drops. Haven't got to PoE yet, but looking forward to it. Bungie you done good.

Top Bottom