• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

You'd expect a big game to be announced for E3. But you just don't know with Microsoft. Their idea of a big game is probably Fighter Within.

I've gone back to the 360 to try out some of the GwG they've given us in the past. Gears of War Judgement is a massive heap of shit. Ditto Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I am having a lot of fun with Darksiders 2 though.

I can't think of many 360 games that I have any interest in that I've yet to play though. The latest Splinter Cell and Super Meat Boy. That would be an awesome month for me.

I'm rambling.

Feindflug

You'd expect a big game to be announced for E3. But you just don't know with Microsoft. Their idea of a big game is probably Fighter Within.

I've gone back to the 360 to try out some of the GwG they've given us in the past. Gears of War Judgement is a massive heap of shit. Ditto Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I am having a lot of fun with Darksiders 2 though.

I can't think of many 360 games that I have any interest in that I've yet to play though. The latest Splinter Cell and Super Meat Boy. That would be an awesome month for me.

I'm rambling.

The hyperbole surrounding Judgment is getting ridiculous at this point.

Splinter Cell Blacklist would be a cool addition to the program, in fact now that I think about it how cool would've been if we could download and play the GwG 360 titles in our Xbones? not having BC was such a shitty decision but I guess we have Kinect 2.0 to blame for this. :(

Splinter Cell Blacklist would be a cool addition to the program, in fact now that I think about it how cool would've been if we could download and play the GwG 360 titles in our Xbones? not having BC was such a shitty decision but I guess we have Kinect 2.0 to blame for this. :(

I should make it clear that I'm not actually a fan of the Gears games. I played through the first 3, purely to spend time with my brother. I would never have played them otherwise. I have no idea why I sat through the entirety of Judgement all by myself. Boredom I guess. Nothing else to play.

Chris1

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/...ve-games-gold-june-2015-3-titles-see-list.htm

Ryse and Forza being thrown around as the rumours as usual. Hope it happens this time. I expect a big announcement at E3.
Have high hopes for this month since it's E3 (Well, I have high hopes for every month only to be disappointed a lot of the times :()

I sort of hope they give lococyle away to troll everyone, then at E3 announce they're increasing the games to two on xbox one and 3-4 on 360 with Ryse being free right now.

I still can't download Army of Two after "purchasing" it last month. I've tried clearing my cache, pretty much every solution I've found online and it still says "Cannot download" when I try to download it. Worth a call to MS support?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Have high hopes for this month since it's E3 (Well, I have high hopes for every month only to be disappointed a lot of the times :()

I sort of hope they give lococyle away to troll everyone, then at E3 announce they're increasing the games to two on xbox one and 3-4 on 360 with Ryse being free right now.

You'd think that maybe June is the shit month, then at E3 they announce 2 big retail titles or something maybe.

You'd think that maybe June is the shit month, then at E3 they announce 2 big retail titles or something maybe.

That's what I'm thinking too. It would make more sense to just announce whatever for June, and then something spectacular at E3 for July while talking about how successful GwG has been and has lead to (insert statistic about Gold accounts here) since its creation.

Bessy67

I could see them doing Forza 5 to get people interested in Forza 6 this fall. Ryse would be nice too but I thought the relationship between MS and Crytek wasn't all that good anymore.

Leyasu

Banned
I could see them doing Forza 5 to get people interested in Forza 6 this fall. Ryse would be nice too but I thought the relationship between MS and Crytek wasn't all that good anymore.

Exactly. I can't see Microsoft wanting to give crytek any free money... I don't think that we will ever see ryse on gwg.

Scanna

I can see doing this for a story-based game, but for a racer, which will probably play very similarly and share a lot of content and options, I think this might backfire. A lot of people would stick with FM5 instead of buying the new one. For example, I'd expect Tomb Raider DE to hit soon.

Exactly. I can't see Microsoft wanting to give crytek any free money... I don't think that we will ever see ryse on gwg.

They will do Ryse eventually imo. I doubt its a matter of not wanting to give Crytek any "free money", they want to satisfy their user base, and perhaps even get some more DLC money

What happened between Crytek and MS?

MS wanted the IP in exchange for funding Ryse 2 which was already in the works, Crytek said no, it got cancelled. MS then canned Warface for 360 and Crytek had to shut it down because you can't self-publish on Xbox 360.

Ryse stuff from Kotaku

Jarlaxle

I can see doing this for a story-based game, but for a racer, which will probably play very similarly and share a lot of content and options, I think this might backfire. A lot of people would stick with FM5 instead of buying the new one. For example, I'd expect Tomb Raider DE to hit soon.
I've thought the same thing actually which will be cool for most people. I like the smaller games though as I've already played Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Tomb Raider DE. Give me something like Strider or if they're gonna go big game I'd rather see Wolfenstein or Dark Souls II.

I think once we get past the 2 year mark the early retail titles will start to show up, because very few people will be buying them anyway.

pizzacat

Banned
http://www.latinopost.com/articles/...ve-games-gold-june-2015-3-titles-see-list.htm

Ryse and Forza being thrown around as the rumours as usual. Hope it happens this time. I expect a big announcement at E3.
We got a flash game last month basically. I'm not hoping for anything

That's true calling Gears of War Judgment a game astounds me.

I'm not even sure what the last part it tbh

They will do Ryse eventually imo. I doubt its a matter of not wanting to give Crytek any "free money", they want to satisfy their user base, and perhaps even get some more DLC money

MS wanted the IP in exchange for funding Ryse 2 which was already in the works, Crytek said no, it got cancelled. MS then canned Warface for 360 and Crytek had to shut it down because you can't self-publish on Xbox 360.

Ryse stuff from Kotaku

I wasn't a big fan of Warface, but that's terrible that they were forced to shut it down.

Really underwhelmed with most of the X1 games with gold at the moment. I know there aren't many games on the system as it is but most of them have been awful.

I've thought the same thing actually which will be cool for most people. I like the smaller games though as I've already played Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Tomb Raider DE. Give me something like Strider or if they're gonna go big game I'd rather see Wolfenstein or Dark Souls II.

Yeah. I prefer the smaller titles as well. Best chance for me to get turned on to something I might not have tried otherwise.

Leyasu

Banned

Ryse stuff from Kotaku

But in the process of satisfying their user base, they give money to crytek. We will see, but I ain't holding my breathe for ryse.

It was hinted in a recent Podcast Unlocked that we'd be very happy at what's coming up for GWG in June. Makes sense, means the undecided people that watch the E3 conference will see '[good game] is free on Xbox, look at how awesome GWG is! Maybe they'll give me more great games for free - better get an Xbox!'.

My bet is Tomb Raider. A very good game, looks great, would give people time to finish it before Rise of the Tomb Raider and probably boost pre-orders for it. No DLC to sell, but sales for that game must be bumping along the ground at this point anyway.

Moonshot? Sunset Overdrive. Would look great for E3, and it has a fair amount of DLC that can be sold. Seems to go on sale fairly frequently at this point anyway, it's third party exclusive, and pretty much anyone who wanted it (who owns the console) has already bought it. Would push a lot of people to buying Xbox One's, especially those in the Sony crowd since it's an Insomniac title. Conspiracy theory, but it would also explain why we're getting a 'limited edition' Halo MCC white Xbox now - the Insomniac ones that didn't sell could have just been repackaged, new download card put in, new box.

Either way, I hope we go back to getting 2 new games a month. Maybe that'll be the 'big surprise' - I wouldn't mind it.

Chris1

lol Ryse will go free at one point, MS will take what they can get, I highly doubt they will turn down Ryse if given a good offer for it. Not to mention I doubt anyone is even buying that game any more since every month people are always asking for it with GWG that's no doubt hurting the sales.

It was hinted in a recent Podcast Unlocked that we'd be very happy at what's coming up for GWG in June. Makes sense, means the undecided people that watch the E3 conference will see '[good game] is free on Xbox, look at how awesome GWG is! Maybe they'll give me more great games for free - better get an Xbox!'.

My bet is Tomb Raider. A very good game, looks great, would give people time to finish it before Rise of the Tomb Raider and probably boost pre-orders for it. No DLC to sell, but sales for that game must be bumping along the ground at this point anyway.

Moonshot? Sunset Overdrive. Would look great for E3, and it has a fair amount of DLC that can be sold. Seems to go on sale fairly frequently at this point anyway, it's third party exclusive, and pretty much anyone who wanted it (who owns the console) has already bought it. Would push a lot of people to buying Xbox One's, especially those in the Sony crowd since it's an Insomniac title. Conspiracy theory, but it would also explain why we're getting a 'limited edition' Halo MCC white Xbox now - the Insomniac ones that didn't sell could have just been repackaged, new download card put in, new box.

Either way, I hope we go back to getting 2 new games a month. Maybe that'll be the 'big surprise' - I wouldn't mind it.
Podcast unlocked seems to be an IGN thing if Google is anything to go by.. would they know what games are free next month? lol

TR: Nah, I'm still strongly believing that they will release a TR+RoTR bundle this fall similar to the AC one last year, giving away TR would only devalue that especially now that you can download X1 games directly from your 360.

Sunset Overdrive: Normally I would say this is too new, but they recently dropped the RRP to $40 - although I don't think that price limit matters any more since F1 is $50 and is free on 360 but that could be an exception and they got it dirt cheap because of the nature of the game? Anyways, the price drop and knowing the game didn't sell very well could make for a good GWG candidate. I also think most people would be much happier with SO than Ryse or DR3. It's unlikely, but possible. Maybe we'll see a small teaser for Sunset 2 to go along with it at E3? May be a bit too soon for that though.

Honestly I just hope GWG gets increased to 2 games per month. I don't care if they're indies or AAA or whatever, I'd just like to get two games per month like PS+ and there is more than enough games to start offering that now. I do think we might get 2 games in June for the anniversary (360's GWG anniversary got street fighter as a bonus game), I Just hope it's permanent.

Massive Chalice for June it seems

CFtZBDmUgAACyXO.jpg:orig

Someone (NOT ME) broke embargo!

Twitter - Website

Edit: If the image goes down, I will paste the screen grabs I've got

Massive Chalice for June it seems

CFtZBDmUgAACyXO.jpg:orig

Someone (NOT ME) broke embargo!

Twitter - Website

Edit: If the image goes down, I will paste the screen grabs I've got

Would be a turnaround definitely for Microsoft and Double Fine. Broken Age is available on PS4, Vita, Linux and OUYA (among other platforms), but not for Xbox. Grim Fandango is a console exclusive.

I'd consider it a good get. Would still want a second game though.

Would be a turnaround definitely for Microsoft and Double Fine. Broken Age is available on PS4, Vita, Linux and OUYA (among other platforms), but not for Xbox. Grim Fandango is a console exclusive.

I'd consider it a good get. Would still want a second game though.
You'll get Castlestorm again and like it

Flux

I don't mind the trend of getting new/launch downloadable games with GWG.

Whether or not that release is real, I am interested in Massive Chalice!

Massive Chalice looks fun.
Xbox One needs a turned based strategy game.
Don't know much about it though... looks like a medieval X-Com. Is that a fair comparison? I loved X-Com's gameplay.

Top Bottom