• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

GrizzNKev

Banned
JB putting me on blast. I see you man.

I'd definitely be down for a meetup, it's been too long since we've gotten together and PAX is still super far away.

How about the weekend of Friday 6/5 or Saturday 6/6? That's two weeks from now. Thoughts?

I'm in. I never went to any of the PAX meetups.

jb1234

Hahaha!

I'd definitely be down for a meetup, it's been too long since we've gotten together and PAX is still super far away.

How about the weekend of Friday 6/5 or Saturday 6/6? That's two weeks from now. Thoughts?

As my health is always pretty shaky, I always have to say I'm a "maybe" for planned ahead events but I'll mark those dates on my calendar.

Sol1dus

I'm down, where have you guys usually held them?

Fistwell

Hello there Seattle-GAF, coming over for a cple of days (conference, icra15). My hotel is on 2nd ave, not far from Pike Market. Any good place to go run in that neighborhood? Along the waterfront maybe, on Alaskan Way? Tips and suggestions welcome, thx!

After checking religiously every day for pax tickets I forgot about it. Now it's sold out. Sonuvabitch.
You'll be fine. It's actually pretty easy to go down to the Convention Center and pick up a pass on the day of (maybe other than Saturday). If you're patient someone will come around with an extra pass who's willing to sell it at face value or somewhere near it.

Fistwell

Main (only?) option down there is Myrtle Edwards park. You can enter at Alaskan and Broad, about six blocks from Pike Place. The trail is a little over a mile, iirc.
Yeah ran through there, worked out fine. A little over 4Km from pike market all the way to the end of the running trail, 8Km total. Good enough at 3AM CEST after an entire day spent sitting in airplanes. Area isn't particularly pretty (what is the deal with those "olympic" statues??), but the view was pretty nice. Thanks again for the tip.

Zuly

Starting tomorrow I'm officially[?] part of Seattle GAF. I am from Puerto Rico and I have no idea what I'm doing as I've never lived in the United States but I guess I'll somehow figure it out along the way.

I'll be on Lower Queen Anne fyi.

jb1234

Starting tomorrow I'm officially[?] part of Seattle GAF. I am from Puerto Rico and I have no idea what I'm doing as I've never lived in the United States but I guess I'll somehow figure it out along the way.

Welcome to Seattle! What brought you here?

Sol1dus

A fellow boricua!

Zuly

Welcome to Seattle! What brought you here?

My SO and I have been looking to move out of our respective homes and while he was visiting his friend in Seattle, she offered him her studio as she was moving to another area. We pretty much jumped at the opportunity and as we both work remotely, it will be a relatively easy move.

jb1234

My SO and I have been looking to move out of our respective homes and while he was visiting his friend in Seattle, she offered him her studio as she was moving to another area. We pretty much jumped at the opportunity and as we both work remotely, it will be a relatively easy move.

Cool! Let us know if you have any questions.

saturday could be coo. i'm too lazy on post-work fridays.

Brakke

Banned
I'm in Lower Queen Anne myself. It's a solid little neighborhood. Get a certain amount of crusty folk on the block on a festival weekend like this last but I definitely dig it here.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Last time I was able to go, a few of us (literally, like, 5 people) went to 8oz on Broadway. Aside from that, I've only been to a couple of get-togethers during PAX weekend a couple years ago (when Illith and his friend were out here). Can't get to this one since I have work on Saturdays.

riotous

Banned
I'll be in Vegas the following weekend; leave me something.. like a note in a bottle under a tree... errr... fake tree somewhere!

cdyhybrid

Comcast is the worst.

Good thing I was at Safeco instead of trying to play video games during the outage. I didn't even mind that the M's were getting shit on because of all the beer I was drinking.

Sol1dus

Hey guys, what do you do during the rain while in the city?

Ever since I moved here a couple of weeks ago its been pretty amazing weather, so I'm wondering about what I should keep in mind when the rain becomes pretty frequent.

Chichikov

Ever since I moved here a couple of weeks ago its been pretty amazing weather, so I'm wondering about what I should keep in mind when the rain becomes pretty frequent.
It doesn't rain, it drizzle, you don't need to keep an umbrella, let alone anything in your mind.
One tip though - if you're originally from a place where it snows frequently don't be all like "whatever, this just a few inches" on a (pretty damn rare) snow day, if you can help it, don't drive, drivers turn retarded over the tiniest amount of snow in Seattle.

cdyhybrid

Put on a jacket or hoodie or something and that's about it.

Checking in to the Seattle-area home owners club (Kirkland). Do I get a branded key chain or mug?

You didn't get one of these is your welcome basket?

OAcY0fJl.jpg

Welcome to Kirkland-GAF (I'm in Juanita)

Phthisis

You didn't get one of these is your welcome basket?

OAcY0fJl.jpg

Welcome to Kirkland-GAF (I'm in Juanita)

Finally someone who isn't ready to crucify me and make me do the walk of shame down Olive in Cap Hill because I chose to live on one side of the lake versus another ;)

Also: LOVE CHEAP LIQUOR

We go into Seattle all the time and love it there too, but always happy to come back the the "eastside". It is just more comfortable here. Plus much closer to great biking trails etc. And I can find parking anywhere.

jb1234

Shit. I'm going to actually have to bail/reschedule. Sorry, I totally planned poorly. Hopefully this way we'll be able to get more people though.

Maybe two weeks from now? Thoughts?

For shame! My schedule is pretty open so just let me know what you guys are thinking.

Chris R

Elysian wouldn't let me sit outside by myself :( such a nice day to be drinking inside. I'll find somewhere else (and never buy Elysian again)

Top Bottom