• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Thanks for heads up, look forward to giving it a spin. Does this have a steep learning curve and/or too sim-ish for an arcade racing fan like me?

No, you can play on easy and it's pretty much bumper cars. In 2013, they added older F1 cars that are a lot looser than the current versions so that would be the best place to start.

It will initially start you off in the Young Drivers Test/tutorial but you can quit out if you don't want to do them.

Vert boil

Released today,

banner.png

Life is Strange
--Episode 3 - 5$ (400msp)

----------

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Dragon Age 1: Origins - 4.50$ (360msp) (was 15$)
--Awakening - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Dragon Age 2 - 8$ (640msp) (was 20$)

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
--Deluxe Edition upgrade - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 10$)

Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse - 33.50$ (2680msp) (was 50$)

Grid Autosport - 22.50$ (1800msp) (was 45$)

Mafia 2
--Jimmy's Vendetta pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Joe's Adventure - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 1 - 6.79$ (544msp) (was 20$)

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 - 13.59$ (1087msp) (was 40$)

Star Trek - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

-----

Bound by Flame - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

Pinball Arcade
--Two table add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness (1997) and The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot (1991) - 4$ (320msp) (was 5$)
--Two table add-on pack #2: Cirqus Voltaire (1997) and Funhouse (1990) - 4$ (320msp) (was 5$)
--Two table add-on pack #3: Gorgar (1979) and Monster Bash (1998) - 4$ (320msp) (was 5$)

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

World of Tanks
--Currency Mega Pack - 50$ (4000msp) (was 75$)
--T-15 New Recruit Kit - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month.)

F1 2013 (was 40$)

You will still receive an actual copy of the games given away on 360.
The Xbox One sales thread can be found here.

I'll be grabbing SCII for sure, missed it the last couple times it was on sale.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated Vert boil, don't post much in here but it's great to have all the weekly sales linked.

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Alien: Isolation - 20$ (1600msp) (was 50$)

CoD: Advanced Warfare - 40$ (3200msp) (was 60$)

CoD: MW1 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

CoD: MW2 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

CoD: World at War - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

-----

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month. Just Cause 2 and Thief 4 are the next games.)

F1 2013 (was 40$)

EBE

picked up Alien Isolation finally for the Xbox One. had 15 dollars in rewards money sitting in my account so it only came up to around 9 dollars. good stuff.

hawk2025

Man, the sales lately on Xboz One, both in quantity and amount of discount, have just been trash.

The last good one was the ultimate sale back in February -- then they removed lords of the fallen.

Bsigg12

Man, the sales lately on Xboz One, both in quantity and amount of discount, have just been trash.

The last good one was the ultimate sale back in February -- then they removed lords of the fallen.

Yea, I'm hoping for some announcements about how they'll approaching sales on the Xbox One at E3 because they have been terrible and the same things over and over.

No, you can play on easy and it's pretty much bumper cars. In 2013, they added older F1 cars that are a lot looser than the current versions so that would be the best place to start.

It will initially start you off in the Young Drivers Test/tutorial but you can quit out if you don't want to do them.
Thanks Vert! I will probably stick to bumper cars setting, haha. I like a challenge in finishing first just don't want a sim experience in getting there.

I've been playing the tutorial but I may opt out. Game looks and plays great, look forward to hopping back in.

Jarrod38

Just a heads up on World at War avoid this game like there is no tomorrow. The MP is filled with hackers and no one will do anything about them.

Vert boil

Game with gold bits, (Expires in a fortnight. Thief 4 is the second game this month.)

Just Cause 2 (was 15$)

Vert boil

DOTW

Costume Quest 2 - 6$ (480msp) (was 15$)

AssBro
--The Da Vinci Disappearance - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)/

AssCreed 3
--Season pass - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

AssCreed 4
--Freedom Cry - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Season Pass - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Dark Souls 2 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

NBA 2K15 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)
--Blue Diamond Bling pack - 12.50$ (1000msp) (was 25$)
--Gold Bling pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Platinum Bling pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Spanish Commentary pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)

Tekken 6 - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)

-----

Fifa 15 - 24$ (1920msp) (was 60$)

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - 20$ (1600msp) (was 50$)

Tour de France 2013 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires in a fortnight. Thief 4 is the second game this month.)

Just Cause 2 (was 15$)

Flux

So was it the black flag season pass that was cross buy with the Xbox one version? If so, does anyone recommend it? I recently finished the campaign and was wondering if the add on was worth it .

Vert boil

So was it the black flag season pass that was cross buy with the Xbox one version? If so, does anyone recommend it? I recently finished the campaign and was wondering if the add on was worth it .

Owners of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™ Season Pass for Xbox 360 will also get Season Pass access on Xbox One, offer expires 5/31/2014
;(

edit, The info on the store page is incorrect. Check below.

No idea about the contents.

Vert boil

DOTW

NFL Blitz - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)
Zombie Driver HD - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

Fight Night Champion - 4$ (320msp) (was 20$)

Madden NFL 15 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

NCAA Football 14 - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

NHL 15 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

-----

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires early week. Thief 4 is the second game this month.)

Just Cause 2 (was 15$)

----------
Finally knocked this up last week. Ordered by Tuesdays, the major/pub sales over the last few years.

Jhoan

I still check the thread every week for updates as well since I don't have a current gen console and have no interest in getting one for another year or two (besides a Wii U later this year). Vert has proven to be a fantastic successor to Shard that he's going to definitely deserve a tag whenever MS fully moves on from the 360 to the Xbox One.

And looking the sales from the past three years, the quality of sales has dwindled from 2014 to this year. Mainly it's because MS is focused on the Xbox One but it's ironic that the quality of Games with Gold is much better on 360 than it is on the Xbox One. Food for thought.

Once again, the sales this week are pretty lame. Hoping for an E3 sale with games that have never gone on sale as well as another huge GoD sale (I'm looking at you Banjo-Kazooie Double Pack).

Vert boil

DOTW

Battlefield 1943 - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

Battlefield 4
--Premium - 25$ (2000msp) (was 50$)

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 6.59$ (527msp) (was 20$)

Forza 4
--Season pass - 4.50$ (360msp) (was 30$) **doesn't include the Porsche pack

Forza Horizon 1
--Season pass - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$) **Includes Rally pack

Forza Horizon 2 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 50$)

The Amazing Spider Man 1 - 16$ (1280msp) (was 40$)

The Amazing Spider Man 2 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 50$)

-----

Game of Thrones: Episode 1 - free (was 5$)
(there's a chance this will only be available until July 15th, so grab it before then.)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month.)

Thief 4 (was 30$)

Hexic 2 (was 1029¥) Japanese gold account required

As always, thanks for the update Vert. My bro loves BF43. I told him I would pick it up on sale. That time is now!

The XBone BC announcement is very exciting. I'm having trouble tracking the info as it comes to light. It sounds like most XBLA games will be BC over a period of time? Also, does that apply to the disc games as well? I can't seem to find a good FAQ with the key info. All and all, a good move by MS. At the very least, it got my attention.

crpav

Downloading my xbla games on my Xbox One right now.

I plan to do so as well. I first want to get my save files from my 360 to the cloud then load them and make sure I don't lose anything before deleting from the 360. I am looking to clear some space on my 360 for some other backlog games I have in my download queue.

Vert boil

As always, thanks for the update Vert. My bro loves BF43. I told him I would pick it up on sale. That time is now!

The Xbox One BC announcement is very exciting. I'm having trouble tracking the info as it comes to light. It sounds like most XBLA games will be BC over a period of time? Also, does that apply to the disc games as well? I can't seem to find a good FAQ with the key info. All and all, a good move by MS. At the very least, it got my attention.

Official page
User Voice voting

It works for digital purchases as well as disc purchases (if you still own them). DLC isn't currently supported but it hopefully should be at some point.
Every game won't be available. Devs/publishers have to give the okay for them to be available.
They'll add more over time and you can vote for the ones you'd like to see on the User Voice page.

And I presume if they can't get a game to run smoothly/well it won't be supported.

tried loading my Super Meat Boy save and it didn't have my progress....
It isn't there now but yesterday Super Meat Boy had an asterisk next to it. It had something to do with either the cloud or saves not being supported.

Chitown B

Official page
User Voice voting

It works for digital purchases as well as disc purchases (if you still own them). DLC isn't currently supported but it hopefully should be at some point.
Every game won't be available. Devs/publishers have to give the okay for them to be available.
They'll add more over time and you can vote for the ones you'd like to see on the User Voice page.

And I presume if they can't get a game to run smoothly/well it won't be supported.

It isn't there now but yesterday Super Meat Boy had an asterisk next to it. It had something to do with either the cloud or saves not being supported.

.com/2015/06/15/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-faq-explains-the-ins-and-outs-of-playing-your-old-xbox-360-games/

(dualshockers)

Super Meat Boy*

*Cloud saved games are not supported for this title

That sucks. So how do I play it?

Vert boil

.com/2015/06/15/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-faq-explains-the-ins-and-outs-of-playing-your-old-xbox-360-games/

(dualshockers)

Super Meat Boy*

*Cloud saved games are not supported for this title

That sucks. So how do I play it?

Play from the beginning again and it will save locally/One cloud. *shrug*
They did some unique stuff with online storage at the time to add extra things. That might be the cause.

I'm sure someone in the main backward comp thread has played it and knows the correct answer.

Chitown B

Play from the beginning again and it will save locally/One cloud. *shrug*
They did some unique stuff with online storage at the time to add extra things. That might be the cause.

I'm sure someone in the main backward comp thread has played it and knows the correct answer.

says cloud doesn't work though. and do the 360 games even support local saves? I don't know how to select local.

It doesn't matter anyway since I won't start SMB over.

Official page
User Voice voting

Thanks for links. Really neat stuff. I still don't have enough reason to get the Bone right now but this will make that transition easier. Looking over the BC info just reminded me of all the games on the 360 I am playing/want to play.

Tried out Thief. Haven't played other games in series but I enjoyed the first hour. Most people don't like this game though, right? I don't remember the specific criticism.

Also got into a match of BF1943. It was great fun, I was able to get into an 8-on-8 easily. Didn't check how many total people are currently playing the game.

Chitown B

Tried out Thief. Haven't played other games in series but I enjoyed the first hour. Most people don't like this game though, right? I don't remember the specific criticism.

Also got into a match of BF1943. It was great fun, I was able to get into an 8-on-8 easily. Didn't check how many total people are currently playing the game.

I haven't finished it yet but I like it so far. I think those that don't like it are fans of the original, and I haven't played that.

Vert boil

DOTW

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

GTA: San Andreas - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)

GTA 4 - 4$ (320msp) (was 15$)

GTA 5 - 25$ (2000msp) (was 60$)

MX vs ATV Supercross - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

The Crew
--Season pass - 12.50$ (1000msp) (was 25$)

-----

Game of Thrones: Episode 1 - free (was 5$)
(there's a chance this will only be available until July 15th, so grab it before then.)

-----
Bethesda Pub sale Gold prices

Dishonored - 6.79$ (543msp) (was 20$)

Fallout 3
--Point Lookout - 3$ (240msp) (was 5$)
--Mothership Zeta - 3$ (240msp) (was 5$)
--The Pitt - 3$ (240msp) (was 5$)

Fallout: New Vegas - 5.09$ (~400msp) (was 15$)
--Dead Money - 6$ (480msp) (was 10$)
--Honest Hearts - 6$ (480msp) (was 10$)
--Lonesome Road - 6$ (480msp) (was 10$)
--Old World Blues- 6$ (480msp) (was 10$)

Skyrim - 10.19$ (800msp) (was 30$)
--Dawnguard - 12$ (960msp) (was 20$)
--Dragonborn - 12$ (960msp) (was 20$)

The Evil Within - 20.39$ (1631msp) (was 60$)

-----
Bethesda Pub sale Silver prices

Dishonored - 8$

Fallout 3
--Point Lookout - 3.34$
--Mothership Zeta - 3.34$
--The Pitt - 3.34$

Fallout: New Vegas - 6$
--Dead Money - 6.69$
--Honest Hearts - 6.69$
--Lonesome Road - 6.69$
--Old World Blues- 6.69$

Skyrim - 12$
--Dawnguard - 13.39$
--Dragonborn - 13.39$

The Evil Within - 24$

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month. Plants Vs Zombies and Gears of War 3 will be July's games.)

Thief 4 (was 30$)

Hexic 2 (was 1029¥) Japanese gold account required

Top Bottom