• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Xiao Hu
(06-05-2015, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Did Skyrim have a random celebrity voice actor?

Charles Martinet and Max von Sydow
mr teaspoon
(06-05-2015, 10:17 PM)
Getting angry about PC games being held back by consoles is like throwing a shit fit about the way the industrial revolution changed the world. Just get over it already. It's fine to not be happy about it, but really - PC's have existed alongside consoles for a long-ass time, this kind of thing is just part of the reality you live in.
Beelzebufo
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by mr teaspoon

Getting angry about PC games being held back by consoles is like throwing a shit fit about the way the industrial revolution changed the world. Just get over it already. It's fine to not be happy about it, but really - PC's have existed alongside consoles for a long-ass time, this kind of thing is just part of the reality you live in.

What about getting angry about console games being held back by older consoles?
bonesmccoy

Originally Posted by brickarts295

So we got Liam Neeson for Fallout 3 and Matthew Perry for New Vegas. What big time actor should we have for Fallout 4? I was thinking of someone like Kevin Spacey but I'm not sure he'll do it after just doing Advance Warfare.

Fallout 3 had Malcolm McDowell too.

New Vegas had quite a lot more recognizable actors, actually:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706601/
SnakeEyes

Originally Posted by Xiao Hu

Charles Martinet and Max von Sydow

Don't forget Lynda Carter (TVs Wonder Woman.)
brickarts295
(06-05-2015, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by The Lone Courier

Hmm conspiracy time. Don Draper>Jon Hamm> The Town> Boston. Jon Hamm in FO4.

Thats not a bad choice either.

Originally Posted by bonesmccoy

Yeah I just just mentioned Perry and Neeson because those are one of the few that stand out from the list of guess actors.
Last edited by brickarts295; 06-05-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Lord of Castamere
(06-05-2015, 10:24 PM)

Bryan Cranston

Why stop there?

Bryan Cranston - Android Leader
Johnathon Banks - Brotherhood Elder
Aaron Paul - Brotherhood Paladin
Giancarlo Esposito - Institute Leader

Boom.
Dr. Kitty Muffins
(06-05-2015, 10:31 PM)
Big name actor for Fallout 4?

Will Wheaton.
gstaff
Bethesda Community Lead
(06-05-2015, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Beelzebufo

"Fallout 4 will not be on Xbox 360 or PS3"

^ More clear than that

It is not coming to 360 and PS3, the stuff we’re doing will never work there.
Ape
(06-05-2015, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by gstaff

But you didn't explicitly say Fallout 4: John Hamm isn't coming out on last gen consoles, so, we're still skeptical.
QualityPixel
(06-05-2015, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Did Skyrim have a random celebrity voice actor?

Obivion and the 2 fallout games clearly did but I dont remember anyone sticking out in Skyrim.

Skyrim had Max von Sidow, Christopher Plummer, and Joan Allen
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1814884/
KatamariOnTheRocks
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:41 PM)

That's great to hear, thank you for the clarification :D

I'm really looking forward to Fallout 4 and my criticisms in regards to graphical fidelity/cross Gen limitations are due to the fact that I love Bethesda games and I want the best possible version of the game that you can make :)
Beelzebufo
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:43 PM)

Thank you :)

Sorry, I'm really excited for the game!
Pillville
(06-05-2015, 10:43 PM)

Way to still be vague. Not coming to PS3 AND 360. That means it could still come to one of them. /s
foxtrot3d
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:44 PM)

Malcolm McDowell shows up to anything as long as you buy him lunch.

I still fucking LOVE Malcolm McDowell.

I actually don't care for celebrity VO's, I only care if the people they get can frickin act and not sound like they are reading off a page. So I want things like Martin Sheen as The Illusive Man, not Patrick Stewart doing two min of boring dialogue before dying. Also, improving their animations would go a LONG way to make their stories more immersive.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(06-05-2015, 10:44 PM)

I'll take it. Thanks for the clarification. Can't wait for E3, it's been too long.
Felspawn
(06-05-2015, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights

Damn.

triplestation
AKA bangladesh
(06-05-2015, 10:46 PM)

whats not coming to 360 and ps3?
FunkyPajamas
(06-05-2015, 10:46 PM)

So somebody else is porting it then? :P

It's silly that you had to clarify that but thanks for being patient.

So! How long is the E3 gameplay demo going to be? :D
KatamariOnTheRocks
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Pillville

Way to still be vague. Not coming to PS3 AND 360. That means it could still come to one of them. /s

You don't need to be rude, if that was the way they phrased it initially people wouldn't have been skeptical.

I appreciate the clarification on their end.
The Lone Courier
(06-05-2015, 10:48 PM)
I'm also thinking James Spader would be cool since he is also from Boston.
FunkyPajamas
(06-05-2015, 10:49 PM)

Main character voiced by Marky Mark.
Lord of Castamere
(06-05-2015, 10:50 PM)

Okay good. I'm satisfied. Thanks for clarifying.
Beelzebufo
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by FunkyPajamas

Main character voiced by Marky Mark.

lol just imagine his "War. War never changes."
Fjordson
(06-05-2015, 10:52 PM)
Finally got a chance to rewatch the trailer. I love how some of the environments look. Already starting to get excited about exploring a new map.

Think my two favourite shots were the Blade Runner airship / blimp thing flying over the city and the creepy dude walking down the city street at night.
RPGCrazied
(06-05-2015, 10:56 PM)

And there it is, will people kindly stop with the cross gen stuff. Thanks for finally clarifying.
Solid Samus
Banned
(06-05-2015, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by CharmingCharlie

lmao yes it is the same thing. The current generation of consoles are vastly underpowered compared to PC's. So if Next Gen console owners can whine about last gen consoles holding games back then it is fair to say the "next gen" consoles are holding games back for the PC.

what the hell are you talking about? High end PCs and next gen consoles are still in a much more similar ballpark in regards to multiplats, relative to their relationship with Xbox 360 and PS3, which, if they represented the baseline sku for this particular game, would actively limit the scope and ambition of the game for everyone!!! (everyone being relevant audiences who still buy AAA games, those being next gen and PC, don't know why you think it's reasonable to arbitrarily exclude next gen like it's anywhere as limiting as last gen would be), and would also preclude Bethesda from being able to make many meaningful improvements to their engines or to these games' designs. It looks like gstaff has more or less validated what I've been saying. It would be just as reasonable for me to say this in 2008 if there were rumors that Fallout 3 were cross-gen with PS2 and Xbox, you follow? Because adhering to a dated format wouldn't just prevent them from making huge sweeping advances, it'd prevent them from making pretty much any real advances at all - and at this point it doesn't seem like a worthwhile pursuit in the face of these kinds of deep drawbacks, because last gen titles aren't selling too hot anymore, and because Fallout 4 is Bethesda's flagship open world title, likely bearing insane sales expectations. They wouldn't be doing themselves any favors at all by self-handicap to such an insane degree.

As long as you want to play with semantics and focus on how powerful high end PCs are relative to next gen consoles, Bethesda can still take the PS4 and Xbox One a LOT further as a baseline than they could ever take 360 and PS3, which in some cases could hardly run their last generation engines well. Perhaps, as with their last generation open world games, they'll able to achieve a vision for the game that works well enough on consoles for a healthy contingent of players to enjoy, can be improved substantially on high end PCs, and advances the underlying systems beyond the dated capabilities of 10 year old hardware, which is NOT AT ALL an unreasonable expectation. You're making an irrelevant and disingenuous comparison, and that's coming from someone who also games exclusively on PC.
Last edited by Solid Samus; 06-05-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Ape
(06-05-2015, 11:02 PM)
Get us some Matt Damon and I'll buy 3 copies
RPGCrazied
(06-05-2015, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by triplestation

whats not coming to 360 and ps3?

Fallout 4 isn't. And he/she works for Bethesda.
triplestation
AKA bangladesh
(06-05-2015, 11:04 PM)
fallout 3 was such a great experience

check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4L53V2sa-0

this is the most fun ive had exploring a world in a vidya

cant begin to imagine how awesome its gonna be in FO4

thanks bethesda

im saving to build a beast PC so i can play your game
Last edited by triplestation; 06-05-2015 at 11:07 PM.
SocksAndShoes
(06-05-2015, 11:10 PM)
Just a reminder, I wanted a spicy chicken nugget.

Spicy.
SmackAttack
(06-05-2015, 11:17 PM)

James Spader in any game would be great.
MetalGearFlesh
(06-05-2015, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by SmackAttack

James Spader in any game would be great.

We talkin Blacklist Spader, Ultron Spader or does it not matter because it's James friggin Spader?
FunkyPajamas
(06-05-2015, 11:21 PM)

Originally Posted by MetalGearFlesh

We talkin Blacklist Spader, Ultron Spader or does it not matter because it's James friggin Spader?

Stargate Spader.
TehGoomba
(06-05-2015, 11:21 PM)

There you have it. Now can we stop talking about it coming out on old gen?
MetalGearFlesh
(06-05-2015, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by FunkyPajamas

Stargate Spader.

This pleases me
draetenth
(06-05-2015, 11:29 PM)

Damn, Ron Pearlman is the only actor I could recognize in either game.
MattyG

THANK YOU.

Tigress

lmao yes it is the same thing. The current generation of consoles are vastly underpowered compared to PC's. So if Next Gen console owners can whine about last gen consoles holding games back then it is fair to say the "next gen" consoles are holding games back for the PC.

SolidSamus already gave you an excellent reply to this. I also want to add in that excluding all consoles also excludes a lot of money they would need to justify putting money in (ask CDPR about that, they explicitly said putting it on consoles allowed them to be that ambitious). But at some point you gotta draw the line on what will hold the game too far back. Enough people now have moved on to next gen (especially the kind of people who will be buying the game day one, the area of time they make the most money on the game) to justify including it even if it holds it back some. Not to mention you also then include people with lower end PCs.... people with the real high end PCs are not that big a market). They are not at this point going to handicap themselves too much in terms of lost sales by telling people to upgrade already.

And honestly, Fallout is the kinda game that will convince people to go ahead and buy the next gen console for it. I will fully admit that I bought my PS4 for Fallout, I just had a lot of faith it wasn't coming on PS3... especially after they explicitly said they were no longer going to support PS3 for Elder Scrolls because it just could not do what they wanted to do next <- and yes, Bethesda did outright say this (at the time I remember being sad cause I wasn't planning on getting a next gen cause I didn't think I could afford it. At the same time I understood they eventually gotta move on and if you keep with an old console you gotta expect you're going to get left behind eventually). I assumed it was for Fallout too as it was a similar game but Skyrim was popular at the time so the media was still focusing on Elder Scrolls.

Yes, I was kinda risky buying the console when there was no proof it was coming out or that it might not be exclusive to one console. But I was willing to bet that it was definitely coming out when there was an obvious market for it and that they weren't going to limit their sales by putting it out on one console only. Guess I didn't predict wrong on anything (including you need a current gen console to play it).
CharmingCharlie
(06-05-2015, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Solid Samus

what the hell are you talking about? High end PCs and next gen consoles are still in a much more similar ballpark in regards to multiplats

lol no not even close. A high end PC will be over 3 - 4 times more powerful than the next gen consoles. Hell midrange PC's today are crapping over the power of the next gen consoles.

The next gen folk going "herp derp last gen is holding us back brah" are saying the EXACT same thing that PC gamers say about last gen and next gen. Next gen consoles are just as limiting to the PC as last gen consoles are to next gen consoles.

But it is a redundant argument people have got their clarification now and can rest easy in bed tonight.

Originally Posted by Tigress

SolidSamus already gave you an excellent reply to this. I also want to add in that excluding all consoles also excludes a lot of money they would need to justify putting money in (ask CDPR about that, they explicitly said putting it on consoles allowed them to be that ambitious).

No he didn't he just said "it is different cos reasons bro" People going "last gen are holding us back" are saying EXACTLY the same thing as when PC gamers go "consoles are holding us back"
BouncyFrag
(06-05-2015, 11:35 PM)

Wayne Newton! Is it just me, or did he sound thoroughly inebriated in his radio spots?
SmackAttack
(06-05-2015, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by MetalGearFlesh

Blacklist Spader is the anti-hero, Ultron Spader is the villain but like you said, does it matter even matter? Either way, his character would be boss.

And lol at Stargate Spader FunkyPajamas.
Tigress
(06-05-2015, 11:36 PM)

You know, I'm pretty sure around 2012 Bethesda outright made a statement saying they were no longer supporting PS3 for their next Elder Scrolls games at least because of this (that current gen at the time just could not support what they wanted to do in the next one). I remember reading an article saying as such (commenting on the statement).

I mean I outright assumed this went for Fallout too, it's why I bought a next gen console (and before some PC gamer pipes up, yes, I realize if I am buying something specifically for Fallout PC is better. But I have my reasons for preferring console and as Bethesda games are the only games I am jealous of PC players I'll sacrifice being able to get mods and keep with my console. And I definitely can't afford buying a gaming PC and console... I already kinda pushed my budget for the console).
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(06-05-2015, 11:36 PM)

Gamebryo works on 360 and PS3.
partyboy
(06-05-2015, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by brickarts295

So we got Liam Neeson for Fallout 3 and Matthew Perry for New Vegas. What big time actor should we have for Fallout 4?

None. Why do people want this? These games are supposed to be about immersing yourself in another world. Celebrity voices don't help there. And honestly,half the time, the celebs don't do that great of a job anyway. At the very least you could get the same quality from an unknown who isn't going to take you out of the game and will allow more money to be spent on stuff that actually matters (and is usually skimped on in Bethesda games.)
Tigress
(06-05-2015, 11:39 PM)

No he didn't he just said "it is different cos reasons bro" People going "last gen are holding us back" are saying EXACTLY the same thing as when PC gamers go "consoles are holding us back"

Whatever. Fine, they shouldn't make it for any machine except for the high end machines and if no one else can play it, oh well. I guess also if Bethesda can't amke enough money to justify putting the effort into it on high end machines they just shouldn't make it because it shouldn't be held back by the peasants who refuse to buy the best machines.

Or, alternatively, I guess it should be made for everything and I suppose it is going to have to be a pixel game cause you know, NES and Atari aren't going to be able to handle much more.

Or in other words there is a balance between having to be able to support enough machines to justify making the game and not supporting such old machines that they hold the game back.

Because this is what you are saying. You are saying there is no middle ground. That you cannot complain about it being held back by some machines unless you don't want antyhing that will hold it back period from being worked on (which is unfeasable when making a large game like that. Bethesda has to make money). Or, you have to support every single machine being able to play it and not care how much it gets held back.

Also, yes, SolidSamus made some really good points. Including the fact that if you force it to support old gen, it can't do much more than Fallout 3 and Vegas. But at least with new gen consoles it can do more. They are still able to do more/better stuff with the newer consoles even if they can't do as much as if they just supported high end PCs. Sure, it's still being held back some, but they can do more than they did with old consoles.

You get it yet?
Last edited by Tigress; 06-05-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Solid Samus
Banned
(06-05-2015, 11:40 PM)

blah blah blah

You're just plain blockheaded.... You're right, this argument's redundant, because you're going to keep dismissing the valid arguments other people make in favor of repeating that same half assed nonsense response of yours. So I'm not gonna bother engaging you anymore, have fun with your crazytalk, I'm likely the only one taking it seriously at all.
Last edited by Solid Samus; 06-06-2015 at 12:01 AM.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL

Now this is definitive, and welcome news.
RPGCrazied

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Barely on PS3. Yeah I said it.
ilium
(06-05-2015, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Mh...not really. On ps3 that is.