• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush sequel (Team Gravity Project) M.I.A at E3

Gotta pimp dose '3rd-party marketing deals.'

Realities aside, it's actually a "par-for-course" showing for Sony WWS at E3 this year, as per their usual E3 output:

E3 2014:
Bloodborne
LBP3
Ratchet & Clank

E3 2015:
TLG
Horizon
dreams

It would be nice to see more first-party stuff, but it's also not like Shu to have too many first-party reveals at E3.

You forgot Rigs but yeah

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mayyyybe.

It's where she makes her home, if you haven't played yet.

yeah I've played it. It has a lot of charm, but the spinny stuff messed with my head a bit, so I haven't finished it. It is on my never shrinking backlog. I'd like to think a PS4 version would be more up my street.

The thing about Shu is that for all his jolliness, I think he's just as much as "PR expert" as Phil Spencer is, in making sure he says the right things, and is very careful to not be misled into revealing stuff that he shouldn't. He wasn't baited when Colin asked him about Gravity Daze 2, and instead referred to it as how it was announced, aka "New Gravity Project."

It's possible that he teased Greg Miller about it because Greg is a huge inFamous fan/good friend with SP devs, but at the same time, it feels a bit uncharacteristic of him. He's never been one to openly tease about what his studios are working on.

Sure, ever since Shu got this public persona, he's always seemed like he knows exactly how far he can go with what he's saying. I'll have to watch the interview a little later to get the context of these hints.

I hope it isn't.

Verendus has said enough to convince me it is.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Gravity Rush 2 It's the last PSVITA game from sony
Ha, that ship has already sailed, GR2 will be a PS4 exclusive for sure.

I was really disappointed with the first game (plot went nowhere, combat system was straight up awful, gameplay was really repetitive, etc.), but the game did have some good ideas. I like the gravity mechanic, which in turn really made exploration very fun. The main character and presentation was charming as well. However, hopefully they can improve (or completely axe) the combat system, mission structure/variety, and string together a more compelling narrative to boot. Then I will definitely be back on board for a sequel.

Yasumi

Banned
Ha, that ship has already sailed, GR2 will be a PS4 exclusive for sure.
Being shown at TGS? The Vita still has a large share of the Japanese market, much more so than the PS4. If they're hoping to have any success with the IP in their home country, it'll be a multiplat at the very least. Same for any Soulsac or Freedom Wars sequels. Those games don't sell on home consoles.

Being shown at TGS? The Vita still has a large share of the Japanese market, much more so than the PS4. If they're hoping to have any success with the IP in their home country, it'll be a multiplat at the very least. Same for any Soulsac or Freedom Wars sequels. Those games don't sell on home consoles.
Sony is actively trying to get Japan on board and they already said new high budget Vita games are kill. If it were a Vita game it wouldn't be taking this long to show considering it has been two years since it was announced, plus the whole "once you see it you'll know why it's taking so long" comment

Zukkoyaki

I'm pretty confident that we're going to see it at TGS in September.

I also feel that Japan Studio is going to be the major focal-point of Sony's show there this year. They have a lot in the works at the moment and could showcase a full slate of games. Imagine:

- The Tomorrow Children launch or release date trailer (produced by Japan Studio)
- Bloodborne DLC announcement trailer (produced by Japan Studio)
- The Last Guardian footage (developed by Japan Studio)
- Gravity Rush 2 announced for PS4 (developed by Japan Studio)

I also wouldn't be surprised if that Level-5 game that was supposed to be announced at E3 is a Japan Studio co-production. That could be announced there as well.

Bet its for the Gravity Rush:Grounded edition. Need to check if the controls translated well from Vita to PS4.

My bet is Grounded edition and Gravity Rush 2 will be announced at TGS and released in 2016, Q1/2 for Grounded edition and Q3/4 for Gravity Rush 2.

Why would they even need to clarify "Vita players only"

It's not like GR is on another system.

oh wait

I'm saying this is for GR2 which will be Vita + PS4

Vita players only because they want to make sure they did the Vita to PS4 controls transition correctly, obviously.

Yeah, sounds sensible. They'd want to make sure every little trick that players pull off for the time trials can be accurately replicated on a PS4 controller.

Bet its for the Gravity Rush:Grounded edition.

tumblr_me81dyq5F01rlynuno1_r1_500.jpg

You guys are probably right, anything GR happening is cool to see. I'd love to test if I lived there... I was a boss at that game by the end of it.

leroidys

One of my favorite new IPs of the gen so far. Really hoping that the sequel is not predicated on sales of the remaster it looks like we're getting.

Top Bottom