• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

https://twitter.com/guicruzzz/status/617075468613885953

p5YbkKN.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully the Coker pulls a Suge Knight next event. "Anyone out there who wanna be a fighter and wanna stay a star, but don't have to worry about some second rate clothing company trying to be all on your ass, all on the shirts, come to Bellator."

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/conor-mcgregor-chad-mendes-i-can-rest-my-balls-your-forehead-2850685/
I don't remember how i got to this link but i have been addicted to reading sons of werdum's posts. Stuff has me halfway to tears.

I may be the biggest Conor fan on the board, but I can tell when the man is humiliated. His insecurities about his wrestling have been fully exploited by Mendes. It really is a masterful strategic move. Mendes is just too far ahead of McGregor in the mental game.

Everyone seems to think I am a Mendes fan. I am not, he is too short and boring. I like my men a little taller like Conor. I just want everyone to know I am on your side, I am just calling a spade a spade.

Mendes slowly prodding at McGregor's insecurities is a really masterful move. You can just tell be how Conor responded that it hurt him, he will probably be thinking about it all night. It's pretty clear that Mendes has studied psychology in depth at some point...I love Conor too but please don't let your love for Conor cloud your judgement. It makes us Conor fans look like we don't think and just repeat this "GOATSE" stuff. He is great but obviously Mendes is getting the better of him

Sorry about GOATSE, I didn't realize my phone was auto correcting "GOAT". You search for Goatse a few times and it fucks up your auto correct (Does anyone know how to remove words from Galaxy Note 2 auto correct?).

Conor is obviously a talent and marketing draw unlike anything we have ever seen in combat sports history, except maybe Ronda, so I do disagree with you there. But I agree with the first part. He is in a whole new ball game and until Mendes verbally emasculated him I thought he could swim with the sharks. Now I am not so confident and I know Conor isn't. Chad "The Psychologist" Mendes just introduced him to a whole new level of mind games. He is like the Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

Protip don't search for goatse

I went back and watched a few of those early UFC shows again. I totally forgot how entertaining (crazy) Kimo was! Also, why did Ken Shamrock drop out of the finals of UFC 3?

Eanan

Only nlw got around to watching the notorious documentary TV series on Conor as was busy when it aired a few months back.

Really good, he's easily the most charismatic and entertaining fighter in the history of the sport bar none.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I went back and watched a few of those early UFC shows again. I totally forgot how entertaining (crazy) Kimo was! Also, why did Ken Shamrock drop out of the finals of UFC 3?

That was when he and Royce both dropped out right? I think Shamrock was fighting hurt already and said fuck it after his fight.

On the plus side, we had an American Ninja with claim to be the best in the world for a few months.

That was when he and Royce both dropped out right? I think Shamrock was fighting hurt already and said fuck it after his fight.

On the plus side, we had an American Ninja with claim to be the best in the world for a few months.

Yeah Gracie dropped out after getting a pounding from Kimo (who returned to the ring to celebrate with his little funny manager guy), and then Shamrock dropped out after it. I did wonder if it was because Shamrock was holding out to face Gracie again. Also that American Ninja guy was amazing, as was the big Harold Howard guy.
Those early shows weren't terrible, other than the very first few with the horrible referee.

dream

Plus, he did really well against Royce at a time when nobody knew grappling. Hackney vs. Shamrock, and Hackney vs. Frye are my ones that got away.

dream

It's also worth noting that Severn's training for this tournament consisted of ducking the slow punches that Al Snow threw at him.

Ohh we talking old timey UFC? My favorite back then was Oleg Taktarov. Dude had ice running through his veins.

Edit: oh what I came here to post - Reebok has champ gear for McGregor available already. He's the only non-champion other than Velasquez with champ gear.

dream

While you're at it, Mr. Luchador, watch the one-and-done World Combat Championship, featuring Eric Paulson and Renzo Gracie. There's a fantastic opening round fight between American Shootfighter and fraudster Bart Vale, and Mike Bitonio, master of Kapu Kuialua, the Hawaiian Art of Bone Breaking.

Some of John Peretti's Extreme Fighting Championships were pretty good too. I wish I could find them.

TheChits

While you're at it, Mr. Luchador, watch the one-and-done World Combat Championship, featuring Eric Paulson and Renzo Gracie. There's a fantastic opening round fight between American Shootfighter and fraudster Bart Vale, and Mike Bitonio, master of Kapu Kuialua, the Hawaiian Art of Bone Breaking.

Some of John Peretti's Extreme Fighting Championships were pretty good too. I wish I could find them.

Thank you for the link friend Dream. I've actually never seen this!
Edit: Christ at these elbows straight to the back of the neck/head

dream

There was this really fantastic documentary about Peretti trying to find a venue to stage Extreme Fighting 2, culminating in some of the fighters being arrested on sovereign territory after the event. I've been trying to find it for you all (partly because Peretti comes off like a young Paul Heyman in it), but this is the only remnant that seems to exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1SAnN4P1gk

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
As you watch it, keep in mind that Dan Severn never threw a punch because throwing a closed-fist punch is illegal in pro wrestling.

I've seen interviews where he said he just didn't want to hurt the other guy.

I'm not sure which makes who seem worse. Everybody? Is it both and everybody?

Al Snow fought in UFC 4? Wait a minute....

Oh, he was in Dan's corner

Sabu should have fought in the UFC, he could jump off the cage and stuff

Guru-Guru

Banned
A couple reports coming out that Cormier is injured and Gustaffson fight will be off.

Hopefully Jones gets out of his legal trouble by then, and can come back and strip Cormier of the fake title before he can even defend it once.

Has there been any stats on which camps have the highest injury rates? AKA seems to be taking that L.

Kimo should have went into Professional Wrestling, the guy is naturally crazy enough to pull it off. I'm a bit disappointed that the Bam Bam/Kimo fight was so bad haha, I'm not sure what I was expecting though.

I watched UFC 4 last night and I want to know is where can I lurn Joesondo... and holy shit he was Random Task in Austin Powers?!

Has there been any stats on which camps have the highest injury rates? AKA seems to be taking that L.

On a basis of all fighters its Serra-Longo. On a basis of champions (which is all we really care about because since 2011 or so otherwise weak PPV cards hinge on them) it's Nova Uniao and AKA ...

FoLowvK.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Kimo should have went into Professional Wrestling, the guy is naturally crazy enough to pull it off. I'm a bit disappointed that the Bam Bam/Kimo fight was so bad haha, I'm not sure what I was expecting though.

I watched UFC 4 last night and I want to know is where can I lurn Joesondo... and holy shit he was Random Task in Austin Powers?!

Last I heard, Joe Son was in prison forever for a lot of rape and murder. So I guess you'd have to follow him to become his apprentice.

Last I heard, Joe Son was in prison forever for a lot of rape and murder. So I guess you'd have to follow him to become his apprentice.

Gang rape I believe it was. He and Kimo were best friends...they are both insane. I guess if you enter a ultimate fighting cage with no martial arts skills whatsoever and make it a show by carrying a cross and laughing at the whole matter you have to be a future serial killer or rapist.

Gang rape I believe it was. He and Kimo were best friends...they are both insane. I guess if you enter a ultimate fighting cage with no martial arts skills whatsoever and make it a show by carrying a cross and laughing at the whole matter you have to be a future serial killer or rapist.

Maybe its become an urban legend at this stage but I had heard it was for rape of a minor

iddqd

A couple reports coming out that Cormier is injured and Gustaffson fight will be off.

Hopefully Jones gets out of his legal trouble by then, and can come back and strip Cormier of the fake title before he can even defend it once.

Become the champ, pull out of fight. Its the natural order of things.

OK, I'm no longer interested in how to take 100 punches to the bollocks and appear unfazed.

I did however find my Budo Pass for when I was learning JuJitsu all the way back in 2000! I only achieved 14th mon, and then our instructor disappeared with several hundred pounds worth of sponsorship money... git.

Chesskid1

Banned
i remember always seeing UFC tapes next to WWF at blockbuster, /w the guy on the globe. i tried to get my mom to rent me it one day and the clerk actually stopped her and told her what it was. she usually let me rent anything but i guess since the clerk said something i couldn't get it, so i didn't get into ufc til many many years later.

I don't know how reliable of a source he is but Jason Floyd is reporting Giblert Melendez tested positive for "exogenous origin of testosterone metabolites" and is banned for one year.

Heel

Looking forward to comment from the Diaz brothers.

The Al Quinter fight was right around the corner, too. Bah.

Top Bottom