• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had family over for 4th of July. My 8 year old nephew tried to play black flag and I didn't have enough space.. So what did he do? He deleted my Warlock.

ScE1BIkh.jpg

My first/main char... I just don't know what to do anymore.
i, can't, what the fuck

ocean

Banned
Damn man I'm so sorry. Xplicit losing a character is a GAF call to action.

Grind to level 20 and we'll carry you through the highest level stuff your character can handle. Like VoG at 23, PoE 28 at 25, H VoG at 27, CE at 28 and so on.

The tough spot is Rep grind. I'd suggest you leave Vanguard/Crucible factions for later and start with something else. The others can funnel Crucible AND Vanguard rep gains, making the road to rank 2 a lot shorter.

FWC might be a good starting choice for Int/Dis. 100 Marks will be enough for a 36 Light armor piece, and with Xur next week selling armor you'll be leveled for stuff in no time. If you manage to reach 29 in time we can pull off a PoE 32 run for more 42 Light armor.

Really wish I could carry you to Mercury at low level to get you more 42 Light gear but I'm not that good :( Nghtly took a level 21 last week and by the time he was back in The Reef he hit 31 :p

GhaleonEB

Have fun with Skolas, good times ahead.

Had family over for 4th of July. My 8 year old nephew tried to play black flag and I didn't have enough space.. So what did he do? He deleted my Warlock.

ScE1BIkh.jpg

Oh my god. I'm so sorry.

If you can bear it, wait until the Taken King is out to bring up a new Warlock. (Edit: or at least, bring up one new character after TTK.)

Owensboro

Anyone on PSN doing Nightfall goodness? I need it three times, but I have no idea if I actually want to try it three times.

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Nuszka

ScE1BIkh.jpg

My condolences, honestly do not know what to say, if i was not going away on holiday tonight i would help you to power through the entire story mode. If you get the strength to create a new baby warlock i will gladly run as many activities as necessary to create a good lock for you. I have the rest of summer to help out. Be strong.

Namikaze1

That was fast. Only took a single mote to get the perfect roll for Ash Factory (Tripod, Javelin, and Grenades and Horseshoes)

Now to reroll my old Radegast.

nowai

ScE1BIkh.jpg

I have no words...edit: just read back a few pages. damn man, I really hope Bungie can hook you up. Don't think I could keep playing if I lost everything. Those faction shaders especially!

Here are some highlights of my first legit (non-pro carry) trip to Mercury. Thanks so much to Tears and Robinson for making it happen so much sooner than I expected. Always so many laughs and good vibes playing with you guys!

We lost one early on and then went on a streak that included causing one team to rage quit at 4-0 and another team feeding Robinson sniper kills like a feeding tube. At 8-0, however, we faced a team of red-blooded American tryhards and got down 0-2. But little did they know, we had a secret weapon. Robinson gave the command: "Tears, engage Beast Mode." And then this happened:

A few more highlights from the run:

White men can't jump, and neither can titans, apparently:

Chilling under the reef:

???

Thanks again, you guys. My goal was to get to Mercury by the end of the summer. Goal achieved. Now I just need the chest to stop giving me Arc Summoners :p

i, can't, what the fuck

Yea, pretty much my reaction laying at 345am last night, logging in via Remote Play to turn in some IB bounties before it resets at 4am, and to see that... feels bad.

Damn man I'm so sorry. Xplicit losing a character is a GAF call to action.

Grind to level 20 and we'll carry you through the highest level stuff your character can handle. Like VoG at 23, PoE 28 at 25, H VoG at 27, CE at 28 and so on.

The tough spot is Rep grind. I'd suggest you leave Vanguard/Crucible factions for later and start with something else. The others can funnel Crucible AND Vanguard rep gains, making the road to rank 2 a lot shorter.

FWC might be a good starting choice for Int/Dis. 100 Marks will be enough for a 36 Light armor piece, and with Xur next week selling armor you'll be leveled for stuff in no time. If you manage to reach 29 in time we can pull off a PoE 32 run for more 42 Light armor.

Really wish I could carry you to Mercury at low level to get you more 42 Light gear but I'm not that good :( Nghtly took a level 21 last week and by the time he was back in The Reef he hit 31 :p

Thanks man. The hardest is losing the statistics tied to that character, gear, and rep, other than the obvious of that being my first ever character and all

Oh my god. I'm so sorry.

If you can bear it, wait until the Taken King is out to bring up a new Warlock. (Edit: or at least, bring up one new character after TTK.)

I've thought about this, but not sure what the benefit will be since then I'll have 3 subclasses to max and maybe I can get some of the other 2 subclasses as close as possible. Plus I wouldn't be able to buy any vendor gear/weapons. I had all 3 factions, crucible and vanguard rep at 90+% prior to HoW to where I needed 1 bounty/commendation on each and it gave me an awesome head start. Not sure if I can do that again but at least 1 faction maybe. My dreams of Revenant are over.

My condolences, honestly do not know what to say, if i was not going away on holiday tonight i would help you to power through the entire story mode. If you get the strength to create a new baby warlock i will gladly run as many activities as necessary to create a good lock for you. I have the rest of summer to help out. Be strong.

Thanks, I appreciate it

I have no words...edit: just read back a few pages. damn man, I really hope Bungie can hook you up. Don't think I could keep playing if I lost everything. Those faction shaders especially!

Very tough loss indeed. Talking about it constantly and the support from DGAF has been helping

Thanks again, you guys. My goal was to get to Mercury by the end of the summer. Goal achieved.

Congrats man, glad you finally got there

Hzoltan69

Here are some highlights of my first legit (non-pro carry) trip to Mercury. Thanks so much to Tears and Robinson for making it happen so much sooner than I expected. Always so many laughs and good vibes playing with you guys!

Non-pro??? C'mon, man, those guys are as pro as you can get. They have to be, they even managed to carry ME to Mercury! :)

Thanks!

Uh, first roll got shortgaze/hidden hand/quickdraw and injection mold/unflinching... do I even need to reroll further?

Seriously? No is the answer. It took me a little over 500 rolls to get that roll. But I like yours better because of Quickdraw. Mine has hand laid stock instead.

traveler

Not Wario
Seriously? No is the answer. It took me a little over 500 rolls to get that roll. But I like yours better because of Quickdraw. Mine has hand laid stock instead.

Guess this is karma for the matador I've dumped all my mats into since HoW launched and only just got right this weekend.

Anyone up for Skolas? I need a break from IB.

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

I find myself with 11 Etheric Light. What is everyone's go to weapons to ascend? I already maxed my Fatebringer, VoC, and Felwinter. Anything else of note for PvE or PvP?

Edit: out for Skolas, two buddies got on and I want to help them in IB to get etheric light

I find myself with 11 Etheric Light. What is everyone's go to weapons to ascend? I already maxed my Fatebringer, VoC, and Felwinter. Anything else of note for PvE or PvP?

In any order: Found Verdict, Word of Crota, Useful sniper rifles and shotties, Corrective Measure.

God damn xplictone, I read a few pages back and saw what happen. Really sorry and I feel your pain. I wouldn't know what to do if my main Hunter got deleted....and it really bothers me into whY BUngie can't recover accidentally deleted accounts. You would think they save their shit server side so they could recover accounts but I guess no one over there is thinking about that shit.

Either way man your holding up stronger then I would. I would have gone crazy and snapped haha. If you need help leveling up that new baby Lock going through that boring campaign again and need someone to tag along I will help you out man. GAFs got you baby!

there a few which i prefer to ascend on priority basis..

Found Verdict
Word of crota
Black Hammer
Hunger of crota
Vestian dynasty
low-grade humility
Corrective Measure

edit.. top of the page yo
X50NPcK.jpg

Hzoltan69

I guess Gjallarhorn, Black Hammer and Found Verdict are your best bets. I also love my Fang of Ir Yut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom