• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Go_Ly_Dow

Speaking of UE3, I've mentioned it once, I've mentioned it a dozen times, but The Last Remnant on PC in 2015 is a thing of beauty.

(Too bad about the xbox version though)

and the PS3 version too.

....its quite....unplayable....

SougoXIII

Speaking of UE3, I've mentioned it once, I've mentioned it a dozen times, but The Last Remnant on PC in 2015 is a thing of beauty.

(Too bad about the xbox version though)

The Last Remnant was one of the best RPG of the last generation and the PC version is just so much better.

It's a shame that it's pretty much RIP though.
Common Square, where's my PS4 'remaster'?

Stuart444

However, Disney's involvement is also another logical reason for why one might begin to consider the possibility that KH3 would actually release before FF15. Disney isn't going to stand for delays, whereas FF15 is wholly in the jurisdiction of SE.

Indeed and it's probably the only reason I can see KH3 shipping before FFXV. Disney won't stand being messed around for years during the development of this title.

That said, I don't think anyone on EITHER side of the FFXV argument is going to be swayed before Gamescom so let's wait and see what they have in store for us.

Until then, there isn't going to be much to discuss that hasn't already been argued or discussed in this or the previous topic.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're nuts, TLR was brilliant. Pacing could use some work, but the battle system successfully integrated decent sized armies without becoming unmanageable.

Only thing that it's missing for replays right now is a fast forward button, or animation skip.

I'm actually playing it at 1080p/60 right now. Off a laptop with HDMI out to a TV.

Sup.

B8pxIUL.jpg

Philippo

We need a TLR2 with Matsuno at the helm.
mostly because i don't know the people behind it nor what are they doing right now

SougoXIII

You're nuts, TLR was brilliant. Pacing could use some work, but the battle system successfully integrated decent sized armies without becoming unmanageable.

Only thing that it's missing for replays right now is a fast forward button, or animation skip.

I'm actually playing it at 1080p/60 right now. Off a laptop with HDMI out to a TV.

Sup.

BRB, sending my hate to you over the internet. *stare*

Koozek

Sup.

Finished TLR a few weeks ago and while it looked good and easily ran at 60-90+ FPS on highest settings on my new laptop (displayed on my TV at native 768p) this is the only game where I couldn't get rid of the tearing, even with these work-arounds. Haven't tried to fix the short, heavy texture pop-in when entering a new map, though. Afterwards I started MGSV:GZ which ran butter-smooth at 60 frames on HIGH without any issues.

Btw, I used Cheats/Trainers for the first time in my life because I found the battles to be boring and repetitive after a few hours. Didn't feel like I had to use any strategy and honestly I just can't do 30h of such turn-based battles anymore nowadays.
Somehow I liked the cutscenes enough to keep playing (besides anything that had to do with Rush's sister, which was jarringly bad compared to the otherwise quite well written dialogue). Imo the English VA was pretty nice, especially Lord David's (Jason Liebrecht).

Dark_castle

I was literally playing TLR just now on PC. Considering that it was on Unreal Engine 3, it looked pretty damn good, and runs decently well.

944a78c2.gif

I'm out...

Seems some have already made up their mind about the event regardless of what's actually being shown. So there's no point in staying here and getting frustrated.

Dark_castle

Shame those guys got pulled to make an MMO.

I wish to see a sequel to TLR or spiritual successor to it. But with Kawazu making a Saga game on Vita and continual support of FFXIV, chances seem very slim sadly. :|

944a78c2.gif

I'm out...

Seems some have already made up their mind about the event regardless of what's actually being shown. So there's no point in staying here and getting frustrated.

Pretty much, XV had major goodwill now all you see is people being skeptical and not giving the game an actual chance. The game will forever live on the shadow of those versus concept trailers.

Pretty much, XV had major goodwill now all you see is people being skeptical and not giving the game an actual chance. The game will forever live on the shadow of those versus concept trailers.

I mean people have to be skeptical.

The game got announced freaking 8 years ago and seemed to be on the verge of cancellation.

Now they are promoting the game by showing an old demo 17 times, which screams "we have nothing new to show."

Not exactly encouraging, but I guess it might just be people being pissed at the way Square shows off its games.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hopefully Square Enix listens to this fan feedback regarding FFXV that people want more info on FFXV and we'll get bi-daily ATRs.

don't hurt me

Hopefully Square Enix listens to this fan feedback regarding FFXV that people want more info on FFXV and we'll get bi-daily ATRs.

don't hurt me

Not only that, but give us IMPORTANT information regarding the characters. Information like Noctis's bloodtype!

Koozek

I mean people have to be skeptical.

The game got announced freaking 8 years ago and seemed to be on the verge of cancellation.

Now they are promoting the game by showing an old demo 17 times, which screams "we have nothing new to show."

Not exactly encouraging, but I guess it might just be people being pissed at the way Square shows off its games.

Have you followed this thread at all? You don't seem to understand the way their promotion works at gamescom. Read this:
[...] As for the "fans don't care about Duscae", like I said, the stage show is for the casual attending audience of Gamescom, the demo will be showed multiple times because the visitors will come and go during the day, it's simple marketing, nothing out of the ordinary, the point is to show the game to more people possible. Youtubers are there to engage the public, so it won't be just a trailer played countless of time and there will be special presentations and Q/A too. Like, where is the problem?

And Duscae isn't as shitty as some of you may think, I can give you an easy example. Lirik is the most popular streamer on Twitch (around 30,000 viewers a day), after the E3 he was watching some of the trailers and the FFVII R was one of them. He said "I never played a FF game, but I know this is the most famous one and I'm going to play it for sure when it will come out", then people in the chat suggested him to watch the Ramuh summon from the FFXV demo, he obviously never played the Duscae demo, because only the hardcore FF fans bought FFType-0 (so yes there are countless of people who aren't tired of the demo, because they never played/watched it in the first place), he watched the summon twice because it was mindblowing to him, then he watched the Jump Festa trailer ("awful" according to some hardcore FF fans) and said he was going to buy the game because it looks spectacular. He's the kind of casual fan that S-E would love to get on board, because if they want to sell 6 million plus copies they need them and the casual fans aren't as critical (nor obsessed) as we are.

Do you want SE to create more than 3 hours of NEW content for every day of gamescom just for the audience passing by? You won't see any of those live Let's Plays unless you're at their stage. If they would just have the newest trailer played on loop on their displays or make the demo playable at their booth, like most other publishers, I'm sure you wouldn't have even complained. Now that they're doing something different, and probably more effective, to get the game's name out to a bigger potential audience you're unnecessarily making such a big thing out of it.
Most of the non-LP shows are still unspecified and could very well offer a lot of new information besides the confirmed ATR live-stream and daily Q&A sessions. Other big AAA games don't have more, or even as much, promo at expos for games that are more than a year away either.

Don't be so over-dramatic and wait a few days.

2 unfinished worlds, which is almost more than XV already shown.

Also combat definetly looked more finished, it feels they are still prototying the combat in XV (well, is pretty much sure, since they still are working on magic).

What I got watching KHIII trailer is that it certainly looks a much more finished game than XV.

Prototyping is different from polishing, and I'm pretty sure they are just polishing the magic/battle system.

Kinda OT, but I'm really excited to see what they're going to show and for a new trailer to come out. (if there is one..) . If it's a story one, my hope would be:

- The continuation of the Regis v. Idola cutscene (because of the demo ending)
- Introduction of Luna! I don’t think they’ll show her meeting Noctis because that’s a big thing that should be experienced when you’re playing the game, but who knows? I definitely think the trailer will touch up on the relationship the two will have though. *Side note* I wouldn’t even be surprised if we saw her fleeing Lucis during the time of attack.
- Transitioning footage of Noctis & his friends exploring towns/mainlands such as Altissia.
- The gang meeting up with Cor and Cor explaining what happened to Lucis.
- Summons and how they’ll really work in the game.
- Introduction of the black haired lady (who I will say is Luna’s guardian)
- A bro moment that’s going to tug at our heart strings
- Proper reveal of the antagonists (Niflheim, etc.) and what their main objectives are.

My expectations are too high, aren't they?

Bousf

LMAOOOOO THIS IS ACCURATE ENOUGH XD

We're 8 days away from the ATR, be skeptical, whine endlessly that "they have nothing new!!" if you want, scream that KH3 is coming out sooner
lol
or be hopeful, cautiously optimistic or blindly superexcited. No matter what you do, just WATCH THE ATR. We'll see how it goes :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kinda OT, but I'm really excited to see what they're going to show and for a new trailer to come out. (if there is one..) . If it's a story one, my hope would be:

- The continuation of the Regis v. Idola cutscene (because of the demo ending)
- Introduction of Luna! I don’t think they’ll show her meeting Noctis because that’s a big thing that should be experienced when you’re playing the game, but who knows? I definitely think the trailer will touch up on the relationship the two will have though. *Side note* I wouldn’t even be surprised if we saw her fleeing Lucis during the time of attack.
- Transitioning footage of Noctis & his friends exploring towns/mainlands such as Altissia.
- The gang meeting up with Cor and Cor explaining what happened to Lucis.
- Summons and how they’ll really work in the game.
- Introduction of the black haired lady (who I will say is Luna’s guardian)
- A bro moment that’s going to tug at our heart strings
- Proper reveal of the antagonists (Niflheim, etc.) and what their main objectives are.

My expectations are too high, aren't they?

Considering the game is still over a year away... yes, you expect too much.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Still on Famitsu most wanted! lol

They should really do a The Last Remnant HD Remaster for PS4 but port it to UE4 instead.

oimori

I watched Japanese BBS(2ch) and found that majority of it think that FFXV will be released in Q1 2016 while those in NeoGAF expect that it is year away game.

I don't know which is true, but it is a little bit interesting difference, I think.

nemisis0

The Last Remnant was one of the best RPG of the last generation and the PC version is just so much better.

I literally put it down years ago when I first got it as the 6 bases got difficult for me and now only a few days ago I finished it completely, was such an amazing feeling finishing it off after all those years.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hilarious.

Whats the point of showing duscae, thats already released to public for play?

Well, if there's something we've seen again and again it's Episode Duscae people posting the exact same thing in this thread as you posted.

Arkeband

Banned
I still don't understand The Last Remnant's combat.

I attack random things and seemingly arbitrary damage numbers pop up.

Go_Ly_Dow

I watched Japanese BBS(2ch) and found that majority of it think that FFXV will be released in Q1 2016 while those in NeoGAF expect that it is year away game.

I don't know which is true, but it is a little bit interesting difference, I think.

Stick with GAF. We have quite a trusted source for this.

Top Bottom