• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 27 - Aug 2 | Beta luck next time

See what Kazunoko and Fuudo are wearing and what Bonchan isn't.

It gets even worse when you include the Wednesday show with Tokido, Mago, and Momochi. All 3 of those guys are also sponsored and have been for a very long time. I think Bonchan has probably been close to getting one but he's kind of fallen off lately. Dude keeps getting blown up by Americans nowadays. And he's had favorable runs in a few of these Premier events and failed to capitalize on them. Well SFV is coming and more Esport teams will be looking into picking up players next year so he better try to have better results if he wants their attention.

I want Ryu to have foward+MK hopkick back and a beefy knee move again.

Donkey kick I don't really care about, but it would be nice to have for something different to do.

hwateber

I want Ryu to have foward+MK hopkick back and a beefy knee move again.

Donkey kick I don't really care about, but it would be nice to have for something different to do.

Would be helpful for low crushing since his crouch forward and sweep range seem pretty short in this version

Why does Bonchan not get sponsored? If boring ass Fuudo is sponsored, Bonchan should be blinged out in sponsorships.

Bonchan might be more outgoing than Fuudo, but Fuudo still does plenty of things outside of Topangatv and tournaments. He goes on other streams/shows where he makes Razer visible outside of the normal fgc audience.

Would be helpful for low crushing since his crouch forward and sweep range seem pretty short in this version

Yea, crouch mk, I would like it to reach farther. I will say though, I really like the feel and animation of the new standing lk. It just looks cooler, heh.

Bonchan might be more outgoing than Fuudo, but Fuudo still does plenty of things outside of Topangatv and tournaments. He goes on other streams/shows where he makes Razer visible outside of the normal fgc audience.

That's right. He's also the gunslinger stratos champion or something.

Shouta

A lot of hubbub on twitter today and last night about the Anime-main folks working on breathing life into Dustloop.

They need to decide whether they want the place to be a where news and information is gathered to be easily accessible or a place where people can congregate, trade information, meet new people, etc. It really can't be both for a number of reasons, or at least it'd be very difficult to be both. Focusing on one or the other probably is the best use of their energy.

fader

A lot of hubbub on twitter today and last night about the Anime-main folks working on breathing life into Dustloop.

They need to decide whether they want the place to be a where news and information is gathered to be easily accessible or a place where people can congregate, trade information, meet new people, etc. It really can't be both for a number of reasons, or at least it'd be very difficult to be both. Focusing on one or the other probably is the best use of their energy.

I feel like Dustloop in it current form is some what good at the latter and fails at the former.

K.Sabot

TSB crew was talking about doing up their own TSB website for anime on the first episode of their podcast they had recently.

Saying they'd want to make more of a news / editorial site.

Kalamari

I think Dustloop works pretty good as a forum, it's just neglected in some parts because the community isn't that active.

Also, I don't think my computer meets the minimum requirements for Rising Thunder, RIP dreams of becoming EVO Champion.

Shouta

I feel like Dustloop in it current form is some what good at the latter and fails at the former.

Probably true, I don't really visit the site but looking at SRK, i think the reverse is true for them. It's working as a news/editorial place but the forums are abysmal overall. At least for DL currently, I think creating a forum that encourages users to congregate there and to use it more than the lunacy that is twitter is the first step. They can try and work the news/editorial angle from there after the base gets itself going.

TSB crew was talking about doing up their own TSB website for anime on the first episode of their podcast they had recently.

Saying they'd want to make more of a news / editorial site.

I really don't think news/editorial sites work super well currently, for the FGC in general and not just anime. It's gotten better recently with all of the stuff that's been happening and some content creators like Red Bull hopping in but it's just kinda eh still. it really doesn't help that there are preferences personalities in the FGC either, lol.

notworksafe

Probably true, I don't really visit the site but looking at SRK, i think the reverse is true for them. It's working as a news/editorial place but the forums are abysmal overall. At least for DL currently, I think creating a forum that encourages users to congregate there and to use it more than the lunacy that is twitter is the first step. They can try and work the news/editorial angle from there after the base gets itself going.
I miss the old SRK forums. It was a great hub for knowledge, had good community support with the forums and the tournament calendar, and the trading post was top tier.

Now I just go there for the trading post, and 90% of the stuff there is a crap deal.

edit: i forgot tech talk. that was the best place to learn about modding but now every thread is people asking the same goddamn questions over and over again

WarRock

A fighter with information hiding? That's something new.
The Bleach games on the DS did that.

Both for traps and for a move in the second game there was a character who could move around with his "soul" while the body was standing still (so you could sneak a combo starter while the opponent thought you weren't moving).

Shouta

Why don't they just work on getting Anime more content/spotlight on EH?

I'm not even joking.

It's not that simple unfortunately. They'd need someone writing those articles, getting informed of content, and just having content to work with. Lots of things need to come together for it.

Tripon

It's not that simple unfortunately. They'd need someone writing those articles, getting informed of content, and just having content to work with. Lots of things need to come together for it.
Anne writes for SRK, is an admin for Dustloop and even she is having problems getting content.

edit: i forgot tech talk. that was the best place to learn about modding but now every thread is people asking the same goddamn questions over and over again

Or Darksakul arguing about stick lag measurement methods against someone who does stats for a living and refusing to budge -_-'

IIRC, Eventhubs pays its writers by the views each article gets. So there is a cycle where not enough people are interested in anime to write articles, but the interest won't grow because articles won't get enough viewers.

I left Dustloop months ago due to ongoing harassment.
Weren't you a mod?

Numb

This game look cool.

I like the Eva-looking robot at the end the best

Indeed. Wonder how easy these combos are to do. They did say that everyone will get into the alpha as they invite in waves.
F2P meaning we might get some crazy parts to equip.

notworksafe

"No smoking allowed at SGDQ. Please, if you want to smoke, go to EVO."

SGDQ just burned us hard. And it hurts cause it's true :(

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm now trying out the Xbox one streaming feature. It's pretty cool doesn't seem to chug too badly the picture quality isn't all that great but the controls are responsive. The requirement to not have to be limited to the Xbox one pad is pretty cool. 360 sticks work while streaming on your PC. I'm enjoying KI so much more now that I don't have to use the pad.

petghost

Banned
Yo that invisibility sphere is rad... Shits gonna be awesome after knockdown. They ain't gonna be able to see your mixup

Rising thunder looking real fun

rookiejet

<3

We still need to play Xrd. :)

Definitely, good sir.

I guess it's Falling Thunder for you then

1336052-2312288093_9f8f143d6a.jpg

Why you gotta put salt on our wounds, man
My hori fc4 is on the way. Guys take me away from the hell that is a ds4.

Mine is on the way... to be pulled apart and put in my stick. My chimpSMD dual mod is on its last legs. Also according to teyah, it's laggy, which's why I've been losing matches I think >_>

Top Bottom