• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Trophy & Achievement Thread | July 2015 - How much do I have left?

Not much Xbox talk in here but I've been gaining so much gamerscore in the past month it must be a record - something like 2500G in the past 17 days.

Almost at 60000G

As for trophies, still slowly getting to level 10 on my Vita.

daevv

Anyone here get the platinum in Witcher 3? Any tips for a noob either in combat or trophy collecting?

I started Witcher 3 yesterday. As per a guide I started it on the hardest difficulty and was soundly trounced in every battle so far. I'm slowly getting the hang of combat now. Against a foe in one on one combat I can hold my own but when I get a pack of wolves, Deserters, or 3-4 Drowners I have a hard time. Mostly use a combination of the shield sign with the fire one, depending on who I'm facing. Have not looked at potions or oils yet.

kevin1025

Banned
Just got MGS4's platinum!

Very pleased ^_^

Oh man, looking at that list, that's crazy impressive! I'm going to be playing it again this month since its first release, I don't expect to get very many of them. So congratulations on that!

Not a fan of the Knightfall Protocol trophy in Arkham Knight. I thought I had it when I finished the third Most Wanted (the mines) post-game, only to have it locked out until I finish the Own the Roads thing. Mean!

Anyone here get the platinum in Witcher 3? Any tips for a noob either in combat or trophy collecting?

Don't forget to visit all the merchants and innkeepers to buy all their Gwent cards. Also play against them to win a card.

Wouldn't want to miss that card collector trophy and fuck up the platinum.

Also, it's totally normal to have a hard time with combat the first 10 hours or so on Death March difficulty. But you're going to have to use potions and oil, that's not even an option.

5wqU4kQ.jpg

Finally, my life's work complete lol. Final Fantasy XI 100% Achievements! :D

9 years in the making. :p Thousands and thousands of hours addicted to the game, really was time to knuckle down and get it done before they shut down the console servers early next year and it becomes impossible to get them anymore. My greatest achievement, achieved!

More on it here if interested.

Makikou

I remember when I was at 12. Now I'm so far gone.

I had a PS3 but i just really game it at all. The DS3 was awful for me and i couldnt just control anything. It just was way too janky in every way.

Now that i've had my PS4 since Europe launch, it's feels much more natural to play games on it. I actually enjoy it now and i've found some new-found love for playing video games again. Also trophies are a lot of fun when you've got a game you really like.

Montresor

My goals for the month:

1) Get 1570/1680 gamerscore in Shadow of Mordor. So I want to get every achievement except for these dumb DLC achievements: Level 30 rune, all challenges in 1st DLC, all challenges in 2nd DLC. I'm close to getting the original 1000/1000 and haven't started the DLC yet.

2) Progress through Master Chief Collection. I just started Halo 1 on the MCC and I'm 4 levels in with my co-op partner. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll be at ODST. I'm planning on playing in release order (1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach on 360, then 4).

Starting MCC brought my completion percentage down from 92% to 87% lol... I'm back up to 88% and slowly climbing.

I took care of goal#1 but there's no way I'll be at ODST's campaign in MCC. My progress there is too slow.

Instead I'll say I started playing AC Unity and Sleeping Dogs Definitive. I plan on getting 1300/1300 in Unity and 1225/1225 in Sleeping Dogs Definitive. I'm having a lot of fun with both of them.

Truth be told AC Unity is a lot more fun for me right now, only because it feels like every move of mine is calculated in Sleeping Dogs to prevent the possibility of losing out on the 10 Triad Upgrades achievement/trophy.

Camwi

Finally, my life's work complete lol. Final Fantasy XI 100% Achievements! :D

9 years in the making. :p Thousands and thousands of hours addicted to the game, really was time to knuckle down and get it done before they shut down the console servers early next year and it becomes impossible to get them anymore. My greatest achievement, achieved!

More on it here if interested.

Man, congrats. That's a monstrous undertaking.

Tapejara

Woo! Just got the Spelunker HD platinum! Been working on that one for a while. It was also one of my goals for the year:

• Bulletstorm (finished multiplayer trophies before the servers shutdown)
  • Call of Juarerz: Bound in Blood (collectibles + misc trophies)
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (misc trophies)
  • Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Rayman Legends (Final level of Awesome + misc trophies)
  • Shadow Warrior (hard playthorugh + misc trophies)
  • S̶p̶e̶l̶u̶n̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶D̶ ̶(̶c̶o̶-̶o̶p̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶+̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶p̶h̶i̶e̶s̶)̶

I'm probably going to end up getting Rocket League and LittleBigPlanet next, as I only need a handful of trophies in those ones. Hopefully I can finish them before the month is up!

Edit: Rocket League plat!

Montresor

My goodness, yesterday I played Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition practically all day. What a fun game.

On XB1 the game seems to look... not very nice during the day time. But it is absolutely gorgeous at night, doubly so when it's raining. I really like how the last few missions of the game
are at night with heavy rain
. It made the climax pretty satisfying.

I have the original 1000 gamerscorein Sleeping Dogs, and now all I need is to beat the Nightmare In North Point and Year Of The Snake DLC.

I really like how SquareEnix required you to play all the miscellaneous DLC in the main game to get 100% for the platinum/1000gs, i.e. stuff like Zodiac Tournament, Wheels of Fury, etc... It's something I never played before and thanks to the 100% requirement I was motivated to actually play them.

Dynasty

RellikSK
Good month for me, I got the Platinums for Rocket League and Super Stardust Ultra, I might also get the Plat for GOW III Remaster. Rocket League was fine, got every trophy then used the rubberband trick for the 500 km trophy. I still play the game sometimes for a couple of matches and that's how I know the game is good.
Been working on Super Stardust Ultra for a while now, glad I finally finished. Probably the hardest platinum I have gotten so far. 17 Platinum trophies all PS4, pretty good in my opinion.

NewDust

You can add me for next months leaderboard. Though this month was a slow one (focussed mainly on Driveclub DLC) I should finish with over 100 trophies for the month... Next month should be back on track.

Fisty

Amazing... You will platinum Phantom Pain too... on both PS3 and PS4. =D

Thats the plan, assuming there wont be any MGO trophies (i doubt it)

Damn, that's impressive. How many times did you have to complete Metal Gear Solid 2 to get that?

11, i screwed up my stealth run on Vita by picking Plant chapter only instead of Tanker/Plant so i had to do an extra run lol. Its my favorite game of all time, considering ive probably beaten it 11 times on PS2 as well. VR missions are my jam, i could do those again, they really showcase how amazingly deep MGS2 gameplay is.

Is MGSV ready for you though?

It will be on Sept 1! Preorder clock is already ticking down on PS4, very disappointed there isnt a PS3 collector's edition, since i have the MGSHD LE and MGS4 CE so i might pick that one up down the line after im through with it on PS4.

Im finally ready for MGSV

GQEGVPM.jpg

P76RA2Y.jpg

*no transfarring either!

Nice, congrats. You're one up over me, I just don't have the patience to go for the Rising plat.

I just platinumed FF Type-0 yesterday for my 194th plat and I need to 5 more in August to make sure MGSV is my 200th plat. Those five will probably be Lone Survivor, Legend of Korra, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Volume and Until Dawn, though that's dependent on Rapture and Volume having platinums in the first place (If not then The Wolf Among Us (Vita) and Super Exploding Zoo are my stand-ins). All of them are short games (except maybe Volume) just to make sure I get all five.

Im finally ready for MGSV

GQEGVPM.jpg

P76RA2Y.jpg

*no transfarring either!

Really impressive. Revisiting the series with trophies has been an added bit of fun. I failed to look for Vamp at the end of Sons of Liberty so now I have to....replay it? Bah.

I can't even 100% Ground Zeroes, and haven't gotten MGS4 truly going yet. I took a break to play Far Cry 4, and have one more trophy left to platinum it, a Co-Op trophy. I just put my info for PSNProfiles so this is where I stand. I bet if I jumped back into Rocket League I'd clean some up and slowly whittling Destiny down to the clan based trophies.

I've been working through Metro Redux lately. I've finished Metro 2033 100% and am what feels like halfway through my first playthrough of Metro Last Light. I'm really mad at myself for not playing these games earlier because I absolutely love them.

Tapejara

I've been working through Metro Redux lately. I've finished Metro 2033 100% and am what feels like halfway through my first playthrough of Metro Last Light. I'm really mad at myself for not playing these games earlier because I absolutely love them.

Assuming you don't have a PC capable of running them, I think it's better you experienced them through Redux. I played 2033 on 360 and Last Light on PS3. Amazing games, but the experience is so much better in the remaster.

Dingotech

I played Metro Last Light on PS3 and the trophies were a nightmare! I think I played the game about 5 times on the hardest setting to get the last two trophies to pop.

I believe they fixed them up for the redux version and made it a bunch easier?

The games are a blast though.

I'm currently playing through Shovel Knight, I'm up to the boss rush section of New Game plus and it's no joke!

Joni

Got 100% on Home. Went quite easy aside from A CLose Call which I had to redo three times for it to unlock.

Joni

Did Never Alone, completed the entire game and now I have 67% of the Trophies. To buy or not to buy Foxtales DLC, that is the question.

daevv

My quest to get to 100 platinums total by the end of the year is officially finished at 91. I only plan on playing Witcher 3 till Fallout 4 comes out and only play that till Uncharted 4. I have a few quick games I could do but I always go to the Witcher when I sit down to play. It's closing in on Portal 2 for my favorite game of all time.

Plat #13 The Order 1886

Easy easy plat, and now my fastest Plat at 9 hours and 3 minutes

I'm trying to get a plat each month, but its hard. I don't play games nearly as much as I use to, and I like to jump from game to game, half way through them.

Top Bottom