• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Jarlaxle

Too bad I downloaded and played MGS: GZ about 5 months ago. I'll download the zombie game but I'm not really expecting much and might not even play it. Pretty down month for me.

RdN

Good month.

I got Ground Zeroes on PS+ months ago, but it's still nice to have it free on XBO in time for MGSV.

How to Survive is cool, had some fun with it on the PC, but never finished. Maybe I'll do it this time.

Rocketz

I've already beat ground zeros but it will be nice to play it through again before Phantom Pain come out.

If you want to play the Metro series, go buy Redux Remaster. It's going to be a way better expirence. 2033 is virtually rebuilt from the ground up and both games are 60 FPS. Just watch this;

http://youtu.be/IZwVvl71JnM

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ground Zeroes is disappointing only because I already got it on PS4. It's great otherwise. I'm ok with the other games. How to Survive is actually a good game.

KDC720

I already own everything except How to Survive. Ground Zeroes, and both Metro Games are excellent for those who haven't played them yet though,

KN1GHTMARE

Neo Member
great month for me. I had MGS on my PS4 but wanted to play it on XB1 in time for Phantom Pain. I don't own any of the rest and I know i'm one of the few, but I want to try "How to Survive"

So it's better

Hard to argue this isn't fun....

AJyKGne.gif

krI9W0L.gif

Already own and played GZ so not excited by that, didn't even really enjoy it and that has contributed to my lack of hype for MGSV even (which I'm sad to admit I'm feeling like). :(

They should never do a both games are the same series, same genre type thing either. If someone isn't interested in Metro games they're outta luck for this month, obviously hard to cover lots of genres with just two 360 releases but at least try by not offering games from the same series in a single month.

Meh.

Calderc

So it's 1am right now in the UK, does anyone know when the new games for the month usually switch over? Itching to play GZ!

Chris1

So it's 1am right now in the UK, does anyone know when the new games for the month usually switch over? Itching to play GZ!

it has already, showing up as free for me

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...D-ZEROES/01a93174-b0e0-48dd-a9b5-8cecd7b2af68

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Metro-2033/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80254510842

Edit: Seems Metro hasn't been made free for me yet, it's asking me to pay £11.99 but when I search metro 2033 on the website it says free. Managed to get GZ fine though.

im_dany

Why do I need a credit card on file to redeem a free game from the web site?

Only for X360 games I think, but you can add an expired/empty card if you have one I guess.

Old 360 website had some dumb limitations (can't use MS credit, can't buy without a console linked to the profile). Thankfully they removed them with X1.

jesu

I'm pleased about Ground Zeroes, my first MGS game.
I tried the HD collection but the first cut scene made me fall asleep!
Should get me hyped for MGS5 next month.

I liked How To Survive but it got too hard at the second(I think) island.
Both Metro games are alright, but I doubt I'll play them again.

Akai__

What's the deal with MGS V Ground Zeroes and the "Connecting to Server" info? It takes unbelievable 6 minutes to get past that message and you can't skip it. So freaking annoying...

Lettuce

So what are peoples thought on EVOLVED being a GWG release in the next few months???....the game is in need of a shot in the arm for increasing its player base and GWG might just give it the injection it desperately needs!?

So what are peoples thought on EVOLVED being a GWG release in the next few months???....the game is in need of a shot in the arm for increasing its player base and GWG might just give it the injection it desperately needs!?
This one is definitely a shoe in for a GWG or Plus game and 2K have given out there stuff in the past.

1upmuffin

munroe

Is it just a trial, on xbox UK site it's saying try it free, whereas on previous games with gold it normally just says "free"

Edit: Yep and now says “trial downloaded: 16/08/15"

Chris1

Is it just a trial, on xbox UK site it's saying try it free, whereas on previous games with gold it normally just says "free"

Edit: Yep and now says “trial downloaded: 16/08/15"

There is a trial but you should be able to download the full game under it.

wlLMfaQ.png

I logged out because I already downloaded it so I don't see those buttons anymore but when you login it should say free

munroe

There is a trial but you should be able to download the full game under it.

wlLMfaQ.png

I logged out because I already downloaded it so I don't see those buttons anymore but when you login it should say free

Ah I couldn't see that, was viewing it on my phone and that lower button is cut off

mclem

Of the GWG releases up until this point, which ones are currently supported in the BC beta anyway?

One thing is striking me: They could either put all future 360 GWG as downloadable on Xbox One - which might result in the awkward situation of you being able to download a game that's not actually supported by the BC, so you're downloading content you can't actually use - or they could not allow you to 'purchase' games on the Xbox One that aren't supported for BC, which could result in the awkward situation of missing out on a game that's latter added to BC.

The 'right' solution would be to allow you to 'purchase' 360 GWG titles on Xbox One but not then download them until the BC opens up, but for someone who doesn't follow all the news around the system, that's a bit counter-intuitive, and they'd probably want some infrastructure to notify people "Hey, this game you own is now available on One, too!"

Final possible solution: An explicit GWG policy change that all future 360 GWG titles must be BC. It's plausible, but heavily limits the range available to the library.

In short: At some point in the future a 360 GWG game may be released that cannot yet be run on Xbox One. What should happen if that occurs?

* Change policy so that never occurs
* Allow purchase, Allow download: You have a game on your HD you can't (may never) actually play. Not user-friendly.
* Allow purchase, disallow download: How do you know when it becomes available?
* Disallow purchase, but that leaves you unable to gain it if it's later added for BC. Not customer-friendly.

krang

Of the GWG releases up until this point, which ones are currently supported in the BC beta anyway?

One thing is striking me: They could either put all future 360 GWG as downloadable on Xbox One - which might result in the awkward situation of you being able to download a game that's not actually supported by the BC - or they could not allow you to 'purchase' games on the Xbox One that aren't supported for BC, which could result in the awkward situation of missing out on a game that's latter added to BC.

The 'right' solution would be to allow you to 'purchase' 360 GWG titles on Xbox One but not then download them until the BC opens up, but for someone who doesn't follow all the news around the system, that's a bit counter-intuitive, and they'd probably want some infrastructure to notify people "Hey, this game you own is now available on One, too!"

That's almost exactly what happens. You cannot 'purchase' a non-BC game from your XB1. You can do it from your 360. But if you don't own a 360 (but have a Live account with Gold) then you can do it from the website. That then remains on your account where you can't do much with it until you get a 360 to download it onto, or it becomes BC, at which point it will be available to download from the XB1 dash.

Top Bottom