• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

basically the game is like worms but you are on planets and each planet has its own gravity.

the screen was space (duh) and a bunch of planets filled it and you and other players would try to launch weapons at each other.

you can customize your weapons endlessly! like make a giant cluster nuke etc.
i used to play that game allot.

i can't remember which game it was ugh

Scorched Earth?

mintyrobo

Neo Member
basically the game is like worms but you are on planets and each planet has its own gravity.

the screen was space (duh) and a bunch of planets filled it and you and other players would try to launch weapons at each other.

you can customize your weapons endlessly! like make a giant cluster nuke etc.
i used to play that game allot.

i can't remember which game it was ugh

Warheads SE?
8VVru5m.gif

Edit: That's what I get for taking up time to post a gif.

Robso

I recall a Streets of Rage clone where you'd fight on streets and there would be women at the windows dropping plant pots on your head (seriously lol). And when the police siren would sound you had to stop fighting and just stand there lol.

I remember it being on some sort of system where there were loads of games on it. If I recall correctly you just plugged a controller into the TV for it to work.

I was probably the only person who ever played it. :p

Swordian

I recall a Streets of Rage clone where you'd fight on streets and there would be women at the windows dropping plant pots on your head (seriously lol). And when the police siren would sound you had to stop fighting and just stand there lol.

I remember it being on some sort of system where there were loads of games on it. If I recall correctly you just plugged a controller into the TV for it to work.

I was probably the only person who ever played it. :p

It bizarrely sounds like you're talking about the bane of Virtual Console, Urban Champion.

I have memories of an Indy game for the PS3 game being shown, in which you would walk around in a countryside like environment, and whenever you couldn't reach an area, you would switch to "underwater view" and you could literally swim it. Anyone remembers the name of the game and if it was ever released? Thanks!

PC game late 90s-early 2000s might've been bundled with a hidden object game. 3D "platformer" I believe main character might've wore a straw hat might've been on a farm but from what I remember it might have also looked a bit like something out of Crash Bandicoot from what I recall it overall felt like something of a mixture of Crash , Ape Escape and Donkey Kong. Please tell me i'm not crazy here it probably doesn't help I also remember another early 3d game about a squirrel (no not Conker) or something that kinda looked like the PS1 Spider Man games was even based in a city but with an animal instead? I can't be the only one who knows about these games.

Gold_Loot

PC game late 90s-early 2000s might've been bundled with a hidden object game. 3D "platformer" I believe main character might've wore a straw hat might've been on a farm but from what I remember it might have also looked a bit like something out of Crash Bandicoot from what I recall it overall felt like something of a mixture of Crash , Ape Escape and Donkey Kong. Please tell me i'm not crazy here it probably doesn't help I also remember another early 3d game about a squirrel (no not Conker) or something that kinda looked like the PS1 Spider Man games was even based in a city but with an animal instead? I can't be the only one who knows about these games.
The first game you mentioned sounds like it could be Herdy Gerdy?

Geist-

There was this game I distinctly remember playing as a kid. It was a Star Trek game, a very simplistic game from the 90s that I played on my Grandmother's computer (I have no idea why it was installed there).

It took place on a 2d map of space with very simple graphics and you controlled a federation ship. The goal I believe was to destroy enemy ships using phasers and torpedoes.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I learned the name of the game even when I was playing it. Hope you guys can help.

There was this game I distinctly remember playing as a kid. It was a Star Trek game, a very simplistic game from the 90s that I played on my Grandmother's computer (I have no idea why it was installed there).

It took place on a 2d map of space with very simple graphics and you controlled a federation ship. The goal I believe was to destroy enemy ships using phasers and torpedoes.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I learned the name of the game even when I was playing it. Hope you guys can help.

EGA Trek? That game's a great classic! It's technically not Star Trek-licensed, but the references are very obvious.

tesla246

Does anyone know what game I might have played? It's been in my mind forever. It was a game on the PS1 I watched my brother play at my uncle's. All I remember is a frog view, looking up in the sky seeing a helicopter flying/hoovering over a viaduct/highway. I believe it was night and the helicopter was an enemy (not sure on these). It may have been a cutscene alltough I'm not sure about that either. That's all I remember.

Wiktor

I've tried getting an answer for this one on a couple of different forums but I've never gotten an answer.

A point-and-click noir detective adventure game with static environments. You start out sitting by your desk looking at a newspaper for clues. You maybe needed to take out a magnifying glass from your inventory to read the newspaper or maybe that was just what the mouse icon looked like. Once you've found the clue you go to a bar or something of that ilk.

When I've asked about this in the past I get a lot of answers that are not from a first-person perspective but I distinctly remember it being a first person game.

Maybe:

Black Dahlia
or
Noir

This post is going to be really vague but I guess that's what a lot of posts in this topic are. I'm pretty sure I watched a video on GiantBomb of The Ship. But recently when I actually played The Ship for the first time and it made me question whether it was the same game from my hazy memory of the video. So I searched for it and I don't think GB's ever done a video on the ship. Plus I'm pretty sure it was a quicklook, but I could be wrong, and GB only does quicklooks of new games.

Anyways, I could be mistaken about it being a different game, or even the fact that it was Giantbomb. I'd give a more solid estimate of when the video came out but I can't remember.

I'm like 90% sure the video I watched had gameplay somewhat similar to The Ship but I don't remember any combat, I'm pretty sure it actually took place on a ship too.

If any of this rings a bell to someone, I'd love to hear about it. I could be mistaken about nearly any detail written here (in fact I'm pretty certain I'm mistaken about the fact that GB did a video about the ship). But I hope maybe someone has an idea.

Might have been Bloody Good Time, made by the same people as The Ship.

Shoulda wrote that I already looked into this, really don't think it's it. Thanks though.

This post is going to be really vague but I guess that's what a lot of posts in this topic are. I'm pretty sure I watched a video on GiantBomb of The Ship. But recently when I actually played The Ship for the first time and it made me question whether it was the same game from my hazy memory of the video. So I searched for it and I don't think GB's ever done a video on the ship. Plus I'm pretty sure it was a quicklook, but I could be wrong, and GB only does quicklooks of new games.

Anyways, I could be mistaken about it being a different game, or even the fact that it was Giantbomb. I'd give a more solid estimate of when the video came out but I can't remember.

I'm like 90% sure the video I watched had gameplay somewhat similar to The Ship but I don't remember any combat, I'm pretty sure it actually took place on a ship too.

If any of this rings a bell to someone, I'd love to hear about it. I could be mistaken about nearly any detail written here (in fact I'm pretty certain I'm mistaken about the fact that GB did a video about the ship). But I hope maybe someone has an idea.

Might have been Bloody Good Time, made by the same people as The Ship.

dentoomw

Ok guys, here's a tough one - I'm trying to find a BOOTLEG. Here's what I can remember.

It's a fighting game. The characters are all Chinese people who have been video captured a la old school Mortal Kombat. The introduction was basically a rip of the King of Fighters '98 intro (same music and FX, but just replaced all the characters with these chinese actors)

There was a chef character, and some guy with a fedora...Mario might have been a selectable character as well, but I'm not sure.

Cade

Ok guys, here's a tough one - I'm trying to find a BOOTLEG. Here's what I can remember.

It's a fighting game. The characters are all Chinese people who have been video captured a la old school Mortal Kombat. The introduction was basically a rip of the King of Fighters '98 intro (same music and FX, but just replaced all the characters with these chinese actors)

There was a chef character, and some guy with a fedora...Mario might have been a selectable character as well, but I'm not sure.
Dong Dong Never Die?

Spacejaws

Okay this one has bothered me for years....

I always seem to recall it as an Amiga demo, it was a 2D shooter where you were a walking bipedal mech, very similar to the robot at the end of Robocop, but you could play it 2 player where one person moved and the other aimed the gun (I always recall it as being mouse to aim but it only changed the axis the gun fired at, not pinpoint)

I've searched for awhile and found nothing recognizable, it was in a disk of 1000 bootleg Amiga demos I had as a kid from dodgy market stalls anybody know what it is?

Okay this one has bothered me for years....

I always seem to recall it as an Amiga demo, it was a 2D shooter where you were a walking bipedal mech, very similar to the robot at the end of Robocop, but you could play it 2 player where one person moved and the other aimed the gun (I always recall it as being mouse to aim but it only changed the axis the gun fired at, not pinpoint)

I've searched for awhile and found nothing recognizable, it was in a disk of 1000 bootleg Amiga demos I had as a kid from dodgy market stalls anybody know what it is?
Walker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQJ9UEG-Co

An NES game, first person dungeon crawler. There was a window on the left for the gameplay, usually looking at a wall or a door. The bottom and right side of the screen were filled with text, starts, inventory, or something like that. I wanna say there was a black background and I could swear I remember a floating eyeball monster. For the longest time I thought this game was called "8 Eyes" but after recently seeing that game I realized I was way off.

Eye of the Beholder? It had a SNES port with a Beholder (8 Eyes) on the cover :

Gameplay:

pic.pl

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I remember playing some super early PC fps back in the day of 00's. It had vector like graphics and a blue,yellow color scheme. Don't remember much else other than I think it had an elevator and maybe bots you could manage.

I remember playing this side-scrolling game when I was staying at my cousin's place. We played this beat em up co-op game. I can't recall the console or the title. I do remember this particular stage where our characters were at. It was some kind of theme park/amusement park and there was this sequence where they went into this rollercoaster ride, but because of the limited capacity of the console it showed the rollercoaster going to the right and it stopped at one point to eventually go backwards to the beginning point where our characters went on the rollercoaster. It looked really weird. Afterwards we had to fight these 2 guys who looked like old men with beards and robes, they were very fast though. The area where we fought them was in a track with bumper cars.
Oh and there was an option on the main menu to skip to a stage with a password.

I remember playing this side-scrolling game when I was staying at my cousin's place. We played this beat em up co-op game. I can't recall the console or the title. I do remember this particular stage where our characters were at. It was some kind of theme park/amusement park and there was this sequence where they went into this rollercoaster ride, but because of the limited capacity of the console it showed the rollercoaster going to the right and it stopped at one point to eventually go backwards to the beginning point where our characters went on the rollercoaster. It looked really weird. Afterwards we had to fight these 2 guys who looked like old men with beards and robes, they were very fast though. The area where we fought them was in a track with bumper cars.
Oh and there was an option on the main menu to skip to a stage with a password.

This two-player Renegade (sort of) sequel on SNES has a funfair level;

Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka

I initially thought of Combat Tribes but couldn't remember the levels and my search brought me to this one.

This two-player Renegade (sort of) sequel on SNES has a funfair level;

Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka

I initially thought of Combat Tribes but couldn't remember the levels and my search brought me to this one.

Holy shit! That's the game, with the rollercoaster sequence and the go-kart track.
So it was for the SNES, but it was a JP game... No wonder I couldn't figure it out when I tried to look it up myself.

Thanks!

ScaryMonsters

Neo Member
Ok this thread is my last hope now. Years ago I played a game on my cousins playstation I THINK. It could've been his N64 but no clue here.

What I remember about that game:

-You could either play as a boy or his sister
-They find some sort of alternate reality under their beds
-There's a mad scientist who creates weird creatures
-I believe the world they find is somehow medieval
-The first stage is exploring some kind of castle

I already asked my cousin but he doesn't seem to remember either. It drives me crazy and I just want to know^^

jimboton

Ok this thread is my last hope now. Years ago I played a game on my cousins playstation I THINK. It could've been his N64 but no clue here.

What I remember about that game:

-You could either play as a boy or his sister
-They find some sort of alternate reality under their beds
-There's a mad scientist who creates weird creatures
-I believe the world they find is somehow medieval
-The first stage is exploring some kind of castle

I already asked my cousin but he doesn't seem to remember either. It drives me crazy and I just want to know^^

Maybe 40 Winks.

klee123

Help Gaf. I need help with these 2 games.

Game #1

I played on PC in a demo form. It was a 2D side scrolling platformer/action game. I distinctly remembered it was pirate themed and the characters(at least the main character) are anthropomorphic animals rather humans. You basically slash enemies and jump platforms. It was also Western developed. I believe I played it around the late 90s.

Game #2

Again on PC in a demo form. It's was futuristic arena battle game where you control a vehicle with weapons, you battle against other similar vehicles using rockets and lasers. Had a lot of fun with it back during the day. Western Developed and like game #1, I played it during the mid to late 90s.

Help Gaf. I need help with these 2 games.

Game #1

I played on PC in a demo form. It was a 2D side scrolling platformer/action game. I distinctly remembered it was pirate themed and the characters(at least the main character) are anthropomorphic animals rather humans. You basically slash enemies and jump platforms. It was also Western developed. I believe I played it around the late 90s.

Claw aka Captain Claw.

Game #2

Again on PC in a demo form. It's was futuristic arena battle game where you control a vehicle with weapons, you battle against other similar vehicles using rockets and lasers. Had a lot of fun with it back during the day. Western Developed and like game #1, I played it during the mid to late 90s.

Either DeathDrome or Necrodome

Wiggy

PS1 fighting game. Japanese. 3D. It had an old guy in it. Thats all i can remember really :(

Nevermind I figured it out myself
Battle Arena Toshinden

Cyborg

PS1 game: a blond haired (short) guy in white outfit looking for his sister. In some kind of lab or metal hospital. You have special psychic abilities.

My first ever RPGs I played. Was on nes or snes, what I remember most is being stuck for days, til I finally lucked into moving forward. I did that by being on a ship, sailing around til I found this circular rock formation in the middle of the ocean, that I could navigate into, and the game finally continued on.

I always remembered it as ultima something, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong?

It was your typical party based jrpg, turn based attacks, over world travel. One day I will find this game and play it again!

Top Bottom