• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Chariot

Throwing my crazy episode 5 prediction into the ring:
Max will rewind time all the way back to beginning, but it will cost her life. As her last act she wrestles the gun from dipshit in the girls bathroom, charges into photo class and shoots Mr. Jefferson and somehow leaves a note saying yo look at this creepy fucking barn with a creepy dark room filled with horrible photos. The end.
Now I have to think at the episode of Police Squad in the post office.

Annoyingly my PS4 somehow had changed to not download in rest mode. So when I turned this on last night to play, I had to wait for it and I only managed to play through the beginning of the episode, up until
you go back to the original timeline
. That first section was
so sad to play, seeing how happy Chloe was to see Max and have her dad around, but also wanting to end her life was difficult to watch
. That being said, I just want to get home and see how it all plays out.

I liked how they seem to have acknowledged the
use of the word Hella and how critics seem to dislike it, with Chole saying "Hella, Max I hate that word!"

Finished episode 2

Great game, great soundtrack, great montages, great teasers

Already got my £16 worth out of it easily, and there's another 3 episodes to go :D

I know this is a little silly, but can I see an E1/2 soundtrack without spoiling the songs from episodes 3-5? Wanna listen to some of the songs but don't want to know what's coming up.

saved Kate (tense as fuck) and told the Principal about Nathan's gun. Assume you get suspended no matter what.

Spent at least 7 hours on it so far, don't know why its taking me so long compared to others. At least 15 minutes of that was
finding one of the bottles
though :p

Soundtrack: Ep 1: To All of You by Syd Matters, Crosses by Jose Gonzalez, Piano Fire by Sparklehorse, Santa Monica Dream by Angus and Julia Stone, Obstacles by Syd Matters

Ep 2: Something Good by alt-J, a repeat of Crosses, Mt. Washington by Local Natives

Also regarding episode 2,
Max, Nathan, Mr. Jefferson, David, or nobody can be suspended depending on past choices and who you blame at the end. And I'm going to predict that the bottle you were looking for was by the bonfire :).

Kamion

saved Kate (tense as fuck) and told the Principal about Nathan's gun. Assume you get suspended no matter what.

Nope!

You can only get suspended if you took the blame for Chloe's weed. Otherwise depending on your other choices you can either 1) get Nathan suspended 2) get David suspended 3) get Jefferson's trip to San Francisco cancelled.

It's really worth playing again I guess. Will for sure try out some other things once Episode 5 is over, depending on how much stuff will affect the ending(s).

Soundtrack: Ep 1: To All of You by Syd Matters, Crosses by Jose Gonzalez, Piano Fire by Sparklehorse, Santa Monica Dream by Angus and Julia Stone, Obstacles by Syd Matters

Ep 2: Something Good by alt-J, a repeat of Crosses, Mt. Washington by Local Natives

Max, Nathan, Mr. Jefferson, David, or nobody can be suspended depending on past choices and who you blame at the end. And I'm going to predict that the bottle you were looking for was by the bonfire :).

Ha, it was indeed that one :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's
being personally groomed by Jefferson of course he has "good taste".

Opto

Banned
Ace Attorney and Danganronpa are games that do this.

well I mean
in those games, everything you collect is a clue that will be. In this sequence, things were irrelevant or didn't help put the picture together. You had to really go through the notes and times and cross reference a bunch of stuff. I want more "here's a bunch of shit, find a pattern"

FluxWaveZ

well I mean
in those games, everything you collect is a clue that will be. In this sequence, things were irrelevant or didn't help put the picture together. You had to really go through the notes and times and cross reference a bunch of stuff. I want more "here's a bunch of shit, find a pattern"

I see what you mean.
I was thinking more of Danganronpa's "Climax Reasoning" or the "Logic Dive," AA5's "Revisualization" and the AAI logic mechanics, but that Life Is Strange segment did it in a way those games have not.

Nuke Soda

This is what actually happens:
alternate timeline Max gained tornado powers instead of time powers, and original timeline Max brought alt Max into the current timeline because of her shenanigans. Super power battle between both Maxes ensue, with only one Max and one possible timeline surviving with the other being destroyed.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Choomp

Banned

Oh yeah, also, this soundtrack: fucking fantastic. If the world didn't feel bright and wonderful already, this soundtrack helps that part of the game aesthetically. My favorite are how some of these songs just calmly play as ambience as you explore rooms and stuff. Like Santa Monica Dream. Obstacles is definitely my favorite from the soundtrack though, song is special.

spekkeh said:
It's pretty obvious, don't know if you want it spoiled as I got in the spoiler thread...
David.

Huh... Why'd I read that... :(

Terrible review from IGN for episode 4.

I feel like the reason I liked it in my review is the same reason others don't - it is weird. The game took 3+ episodes of build up before introducing the
darker themes
others seem to be put off by. The fact that they grounded the characters, then managed to do something compelling with them that matters is great, not bad.

Manu

Terrible review from IGN for episode 4.

I actually agree with them in some points. But this?

"It’s a cool string of connected events but it comes together by way of a complicated, poorly explained puzzle. Connecting evidence is tedious, and because Life Is Strange has such low-res textures, it’s even more difficult to piece the right information together. "

That was my favorite bit in the episode since it actually required some actual investigative work.

The low-res textures bit is bullshit though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I enjoyed this episode, but it's probably the weakest so far for me. Wasn't a big fan of the ending and the dialogue was really awkward throughout. Still, I love the series. Very excited to see where this all ends up.

I actually agree with them in some points. But this?

"It’s a cool string of connected events but it comes together by way of a complicated, poorly explained puzzle. Connecting evidence is tedious, and because Life Is Strange has such low-res textures, it’s even more difficult to piece the right information together. "

That was my favorite bit in the episode since it actually required some actual investigative work.

The low-res textures bit is bullshit though.

IGN doesn't like it when puzzles actually require some effort to get through.
Or well, not just IGN really, it's a trend I've been noticing for the past decade or so with pretty much every major game review outlet.
I was reading reviews for King's Quest earlier today and one of the reviews I came across actually had "easy puzzles" as a plus.

deoee

The last time I was so invested in a storyline was Lost Season 2-4 :D

Really an awesome feeling to have back.

Reading all those theories, seeing speculations... love it :)

Dreez

I wonder if Episode 5's gonna be long enough to where
Victoria goes to SF with Mr. Jefferson and never comes back lol

JonnyKong

If I had to choose I'd say episode 3 is the weakest for me, I can't truthfully remember an awful lot happening in it except sneaking around a swimming pool, but I still thought it was a lot better than a lot of other stuff I've played this year.

Choomp

Banned
Just finished Episode 4.

JESUS CHRIST!!! I fucking knew it was him, too. Once they started pushing you a little too hard in Nathan's direction it was obvious there was going to be a swerve.

Chariot

Just finished Episode 4.

JESUS CHRIST!!! I fucking knew it was him, too. Once they started pushing you a little too hard in Nathan's direction it was obvious there was going to be a swerve.
Yeah.
I got him earlier with meta logic after Kate's attempted suicide. Three choices and the story only leads to two? I chose Jefferson at that point on this suspicion.

Liamc723

Just finished episode 4, and I don't know how I feel about it.

The story is still interesting, but the gameplay that ties it all together has become rather tedious. Also, Max's time travelling. Within gameplay, we hardly ever needed it. A big change from the first 2 episodes.

I don't think they'll ever be able to match the first 2 episodes, they were by far the best.

iNvid02

Just finished Episode 4.

episode 4 spoilers

yeah they leaned a bit too heavily into the "YO YOU SEEN NATHAN HES FUCKING BANANAS", coupled with the dark room reveal last time, the
jeffmeister immediately came to mind.

but i gotta say i dismissed it right after
he showed up to present the award at the party (i thought maybe he'll present the award, have a drink and then go home. it'd be weird if hes seen hanging around students all night), but nope. so seeing him at the end was still a tad unexpected.

So I bought the season pass on Tuesday, and I'm starting 4 now and have managed to avoid spoilers

That first choice though. Fucking hell

Footos22

Just finished episode 3. Damn that fucking got me. 3 episodes in 3 days. Might wait a bit for 4 as dont think I could handle the wait for 5 if 4 is as good as 3 was.

Yaari

Question. I had Episode 1 on my Xbox. I liked it a lot, I bought a pass that had 2-5 on PS4. But I can't seem to start the game. Will I need to buy episode 1 another time or something? (I download the episode but theres no icon to boot it up with).

DukeBobby

Just finished episode 4, and I don't know how I feel about it.

The story is still interesting, but the gameplay that ties it all together has become rather tedious. Also, Max's time travelling. Within gameplay, we hardly ever needed it. A big change from the first 2 episodes.

I don't think they'll ever be able to match the first 2 episodes, they were by far the best.

Nothing in this episode was as tedious as finding the bottles in episode 2.

Episode 2 is my least favourite for that reason alone.

Episode 1 is still my favourite. Loved exploring the school for the first time. The atmosphere blew me away.

Nuke Soda

Question. I had Episode 1 on my Xbox. I liked it a lot, I bought a pass that had 2-5 on PS4. But I can't seem to start the game. Will I need to buy episode 1 another time or something? (I download the episode but theres no icon to boot it up with).
Pretty sure you have to have episode 1.

Jachaos

I'd wager you have to buy the Episode 1 since the choices influence from then have influenced all the following episodes so far. Without Episode 1 the game doesn't know what choices you made.

Bowl0l

Why did you buy them at separate console?

Persona7

Banned
I think you do need Episode 1 because it is the base game and all the other episodes are DLC add-ons.

2-5 was meant for people who bought episode one but were not sure if they wanted the entire season.

Top Bottom