• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Okay, got it thanks.
I'll send you a PM when I'm ready. I think I'll join the guild at level 10 or so later.

Anyway, have anyone here upgraded to Win10 yet?
How is ESO running on Win10?

Cool - the guild bank is now open, which is useful if you're running out of space for all your food and other crap items.

Just to repeat for people who want to join the North American PC Guild - you can either post your @loginid or your character name in thread with a request for an invite or send me a pm here with that info. I'll be checking the thread at least once a day and I'll add you when I get home in the evening (EST). If you post your request in thread, you may also receive an invite more quickly from another guild member since all guild members can send out invites on their own accord.

Sorry for the lack of activity here btw, it's just the console thread seems to be more active.

It is. Community is kind of a death sentence for less active threads. Wish we could have a combined ESO thread, but if wishes were horses. I have feeling we're going to see a ton of new PC players when Zeni finally rolls out controller UI for the PC game. That's the number one improvement I'm looking forward to.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The crafting is really satisfying. I recommend never making gold armour as its too fun changing armour. It's incredibly satisfying making your own food, potions and enchantments to.

Yea we got robbed and he was a douche but if he wanted back in I'd let him :p don't know why.

Really hope that controller support isn't far away. I think that coupled with DLC would be enough for me to get back in. I maxed out my Nightblade DD, couldn't push him much further. Was loving dragonknight tank and Templar healer. So good. Will be back ;) in time

you would let him in to kick him again :D

Running ESO on newly installed Windows 10, working like a charm atm.

On another note, I'm really enjoying Cyrodiil PvP way more than I did with GW2 WvW; sieging enemy forts/structures just feels so much more satisfying and the sneak mechanic is great when you're group ganking and holed up in an abandoned structure waiting for the enemy to pass by.

Cyrodiil PvP
uY2lwm5.jpg

Decked out in new gear
O7VY9RY.jpg

Sorry for the lack of activity here btw, it's just the console thread seems to be more active.

It is. Community is kind of a death sentence for less active threads. Wish we could have a combined ESO thread, but if wishes were horses. I have feeling we're going to see a ton of new PC players when Zeni finally rolls out controller UI for the PC game. That's the number one improvement I'm looking forward to.

Why can't we just combine this PC thread with the consoles one?
PS4 and XB1 servers aren't joined in the same server anyway, right? So why should PC thread separated from that OT? We can ask and share about the same thing which is in the same game we play.

I really wish there was someway Zenimax was able to have everyone play together on consoles and PC.

That would be the best option.
But with the megaserver, I think it's a hard thing to achieve.

Jag

Running ESO on newly installed Windows 10, working like a charm atm.

On another note, I'm really enjoying Cyrodiil PvP way more than I did with GW2 WvW; sieging enemy forts/structures just feels so much more satisfying and the sneak mechanic is great when you're group ganking and holed up in an abandoned structure waiting for the enemy to pass by.

I'm only level 10. Is there a way to level in PvP. I only jumped in to grab some close shards.

lazygecko

I'm only level 10. Is there a way to level in PvP. I only jumped in to grab some close shards.

Completing PvP objectives and also doing all of the repeatable quests in Cyrodiil gives experience. There are the mission boards in your faction base, every town is a quest hub, and then some isolated quests here and there.

You also get skill points from gaining PvP ranks.

schwupp

just installed the game - and i cant login ingame :(
I tried resetting the pw on the web page. the process finishes successful but I still cant login with the new password. Tried resetting a few times ...

Is login broken atm?

Hadoukie

Is there any way to level up faster? It takes forever for me to progress, and I'm always underleveled wherever I go. I just wanna get the the next area, but It'll take forever at this point, and I'm starting to lose interest.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I think I forgot some more.

Also I take it you can't buy ingredients?

There are food vendors for cooking ingredients in almost every town. Crafting materials (wood, clothing, mining, alchemy, and enchanting etc.) can only be bought, AFAIK, from other players. You can resource gather all day long on your own though. Vendors do not sell recipes, unfortunately, you either need to find these or buy them from other players.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I guess I am looking at the wrong NPCs then. So it's not the Chef that sells ingredients?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Hmm I guess I am looking at the wrong NPCs then. So it's not the Chef that sells ingredients?

Depends on the town. Sometimes chefs/cooks do sell ingredients. If you google the location you're in, you can sometimes find a list of vendors in that location. Try googling grocer name-of-town. There are also add-on's that will give you a list of vendors in your location:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info649-Vendors100011.2.html

Also, if you're in the guild there's a ton of food ingredients in the guild bank.

Gothos

Question about resetting skills - it doesn't remove the experience gained in the given skill section, right? I don't want to level up blacksmithing again :)

Is there still a pretty active community out there for this game? I've been itching to give it a try for some reason. It'll only be about 30 bucks and now that there's no sub I guess it got me interested.

Guys still enjoying the game? Have they been updating the game at a steady pace?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Is there still a pretty active community out there for this game? I've been itching to give it a try for some reason. It'll only be about 30 bucks and now that there's no sub I guess it got me interested.

Guys still enjoying the game? Have they been updating the game at a steady pace?

I bought it about two weeks ago and I'm having a blast just playing through the story. Haven't done much pvp for it. The NA server seems very busy. The first big DLC drops soon - will be pvp focused.

very active on pc

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I have kind of a dumb question.

I'm about to start this game with a group of my friends. I want to be the tank for the group.

I see that historically Dragonknight is the best choice for this, but I also see a bunch of complaining that they were nerfed into oblivion recently, and can't tell if that's just people being whiny or if there is now a better option for tanking.

Does anyone have any insight into this? It doesn't seem there are a ton of obvious active resources for figuring this out online.

DK is still widely considered to be the best tank, but all classes can be viable tanks.

The "nerf" is that a player no longer regens stamina with his shield raised.

This eliminated perma-blocking and placed a greater emphasis on resource management and communication between the tank(s) and healer(s).

As a new player, I suspect that you'll be completely unfazed by this because you won't have old tendencies to change.

A big difference with standard DK tanks now is that they tend go all stamina rather than all health. This means that going Imperial is very worthwhile.

Another nice thing about being all stamina is that you can maintain a stamina DPS build simultaneously, which is nice when traditional tanking isn't optimal.

Orsinium - 3000 Crowns - November 2nd for PC, November 17th on Xbox One and November 18th for PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=6eQO8eWkjdw
ytma!
▶The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – Reforging Orsinium (PEGI) (3:09)
Watch our latest trailer "Reforging Orsinium" for a first look at the upcoming Orsinium DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online . . .

With the purchase of the Orsinium DLC game pack, you get access to the full city of Orsinium and zone of Wrothgar. That includes the following:

Over 20 hours of captivating story content and quests
A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel’s Orcs
A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
Available in Normal and Veteran versions
Grants special rewards only obtainable by completing arenas
Includes class-specific leaderboards, so you can see how you match up against your fellow combatants
Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium, returning it to its former glory
Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting
Six all-new, challenging world bosses
Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
Four new Provisioner recipes, only available in Wrothgar
18 powerful new item sets including 6 ability-altering weapons, 9 sets obtained by participating in activities in Wrothgar, and 3 new craftable sets
The Ancient Orc crafting style
Six new collectible costumes only available in Wrothgar
Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score
When the game gets updated next month, one of the new features that will be available to all are the ability to use a Game Pad controller for PC players, Subtitles finally enabled for the console version and a lot more. Here are some of the improvements that will be implemented when the DLC launches next month:

In addition to the Orsinium DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The Orsinium base-game patch includes gamepad support for PC, subtitles for all platforms, shield dyeing, improvements to battle-leveling, fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content, and more! Here are some of the highlights:

Gamepad support
Subtitles
LFG improvements – cross-alliance dungeons
Champion Point cap & catch-up system
Shield Dyeing
Improvements to battle-leveling
Akaviri crafting style
Ability balance and bug fixes
New ways to spend Alliance Points
Increased item drop rates
…and more!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221526/

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.1.8 is an incremental patch that addresses issues in the Imperial City, plus general itemization, gameplay, and UI.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
DLC Game Pack
Base Game Patch
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on October 5, 2015 10:26AM
Gina Bruno
Assistant Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube #1
October 2
Staff Post
ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
admin
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons
White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
The Engulfing Flames ability cast by the Dragonguard mini-boss will now hit anyone standing inside the fiery cone. Any player character standing outside the flames will not be impacted.

Imperial City
General
Fixed an issue where, in some cases, you were unable to interact with the trapped chests in the Imperial Sewers.
Destinations set on the Imperial Sewers map will now be placed in the correct location.
Gina Bruno
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
October 2
Staff Post
ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
admin
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Combat & Gameplay
Guild
Fighters Guild
Beast Trap: The Minor Force bonus granted by this ability, which was previously disabled to address an exploit, now functions as intended again.

Exploration & Itemization
General
The only Dwemer spiders remaining in Bthanual are now made solely with spare and second-hand parts, and will no longer drop useful spoils.

Item Sets
Twice Born Star: Fixed an issue where the Steed and the Serpent Mundus Stone buffs could be replaced with other buffs while wearing this item set.

UI
General
Fixed an issue where vendor prices would not display if the cost was 6 digits or more.
Fixed an issue where the contents of the bank would not refresh properly when using the Stack All button.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on October 5, 2015 10:26AM
Gina Bruno
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
October 2
Staff Post

hepburn3d

Can confirm controller support is great. It's a toggle option which means for future steam controller users you can make you're own bindings with a console UI. I'm particularly happy about this.

Roll on November 2nd!!!

Really glad to see they're getting out new content already. With the console version out of the way it seems they can finally get the game on a decent content release schedule. Hope they keep it up.

hepburn3d

The new dlc is really good. I haven't played too much so as not to spoil it for my mains. The world bosses are epic. Definitely not soloable but awesome if you have a healer. Looking forward to trying the solo trial

Top Bottom