• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay Review Thread

Man I hope I get to play this tonight, what's everyone playing first? I'm gonna try out BC first and see how it handles.

Wonder if they are working on patches to fix some of the reported issues?

x3sphere

If the N64 games are emulated, it makes sense there's performance issues. Pretty sure Conker didn't hold a solid 30 back on the original system.

Too bad they didn't port them over from the ground up for 1080/60fps, but then, we probably wouldn't be looking at a $30 collection.

Thoraxes

I'll probably snag this tomorrow with Etrian. Win the Win10 streaming, this is now my second monitor no-brainer purchase.

If the N64 games are emulated, it makes sense there's performance issues. Pretty sure Conker didn't hold a solid 30 back on the original system.

Too bad they didn't port them over from the ground up for 1080/60fps, but then, we probably wouldn't be looking at a $30 collection.

Rare have done a Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie widescreen port of Grabbed by the Ghoulies for this collection (the original did not support widescreen from memory) but have omitted the 360 version of Conker Live and Reloaded, simply because it was cut. A shame really because visually the 360 game is much improved from the N64 version and I would have loved a 1080p60 widescreen version of that alongside the N64 version. Understandable that they did not include both though and the purists would argue the N64 version is the definite version anyway.

There again they included both Viva Pinata games; although the sequel is not a remake, it is not that different from the original IMO and it would have been nicer to have seen another game from their back catalogue instead. Ultimate's Commodore 64 games are nowhere to be seen for example. I owned a C64 and played the likes of Entombed, etc, with their ugly blocky sprites while being deeply envious of games like Knightlore on the Spectrum. Entombed was not an awful game though and I would have liked for that to be included at least.

Top Bottom