• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog wraps up Uncharted 4 mocap

i can almost guarantee that there won't be another uncharted game with Nate as the main character. Naughty Dog are really billing this as Nathan Drake's last adventure cleverly not implying last uncharted game. there will be another uncharted at some point down the road but with a new character and maybe some guest appearances.

This is just a guess (don't want to get banned), but I am 99% sure they are saying that to throw people off the trail. A year or two after release we'll get a teaser and a reveal of Uncharted 5, starring Nate. Even if it's done by another studio, Nate will be back. He's the face of the Playstation franchise now.

LastNac

This is just a guess (don't want to get banned), but I am 99% sure they are saying that to throw people off the trail. A year or two after release we'll get a teaser and a reveal of Uncharted 5, starring Nate. Even if it's done by another studio, Nate will be back. He's the face of the Playstation franchise now.

Actually, if you notice they have been specifically saying that is is "Drake's climatic chapter" and bringing "Drake the closure he deserves."

Makes me wonder if they would ever continue the franchise without him. Though personally, I'm starting to accept that this might really be the end of it.

na...I just highly doubt that. I made a thread (which ended up getting locked) which posed the question of how uncharted would be without nathan drake. I think it would work, and it doesn't even have to be a story about treasure hunting. but we'll see.

LastNac

If we are going out, I think it's safe to say we are going out with a bang. This will probably end up being the best Uncharted. Now, whether or not it'll be my personal favorite time can only tell. ;)

Watching that story trailer for the collection the other day reminded me that Drake has had a really great arc to his character. I never really wanted to know where he came from because I honestly think UC3 made a good point of saying it didn't matter. Origins are never as important as destinations and Drake's Deception was all about overcoming someone else's legacy in order to carve out your own; It was "Greatness from Small Beginnings" realized. So, I was always worried that this one having so much to do with Drake's past might devalue what had come before. Then again, history has a way of catching up to you so it makes sense that some things have to resurface.

Actually, if you notice they have been specifically saying that is is "Drake's climatic chapter" and bringing "Drake the closure he deserves."

Makes me wonder if they would ever continue the franchise without him. Though personally, I'm starting to accept that this might really be the end of it.

na...I just highly doubt that. I made a thread (which ended up getting locked) which posed the question of how uncharted would be without nathan drake. I think it would work, and it doesn't even have to be a story about treasure hunting. but we'll see.

I think it's only been Neil saying that, and he/Naughty Dog has been known for secrecy in the past, so that's why I think it's the same ruse here. Furthermore, their specific and continual usage of "Drake's final adventure" makes me even more suspicious.

LastNac

I think it's only been Neil saying that, and he/Naughty Dog has been known for secrecy in the past, so that's why I think it's the same ruse here. Furthermore, their specific and continual usage of "Drake's final adventure" makes me even more suspicious.

I mean, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a Drake-less Uncharted. I just don't think it'll happen.

suspicious that what? uncharted will continue with or without drake?

Top Bottom