• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shipping date for MGSV was updated to Friday September 4, WTF!?!? Should I call them?

Shipping estimate: Friday, September 4, 2015
Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 10, 2015 - Thursday, September 17, 2015 by 8:00pm

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 69.99
Release date: Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My shipping date for MGSV was updated to Friday September 4, WTF!?!? Should I call them?

Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 10, 2015 - Thursday, September 17, 2015 by 8:00pm

CDN$ 69.99

At least you have a shipping date. Mine still has nothing

Edit: oh that's for the standard edition? That's fucked up

Something weird is going on with Amazon

I just preordered Disney Infinity which is IN STOCK and available for preorder yet the shipping date is showing a week after release

CDN$ 69.99

Uh oh. And why do I have a feeling this is all somehow Konami's fault in the end

This doesn't bode well for my MGSV E3 2014 pre-order. Still hasn't been shipped yet. I think I'm gonna ask them again later.

I'm pretty sure something at Amazon broke. Mario Maker and Forza 6 all say "Not Yet Shipped" for me yet my MGSV from last year is still in limbo.

Dazzler

all you people getting shipping notices for MGS V today from amazon and my copy of Gears just shipped from them this morning

ih8eOGqcKGlm5.png

Davide

Amazon shipping dates were the reason I decided to go with Best Buy over Amazon. Heard that people were getting Arkham Knight a month after release, I got it day 1 and I don't have any doubts about getting MGSV day 1.

Was planning on playing and finishing MGSV for the week before university begins, but after hearing how huge it is now I doubt that will happen.

N° 2048

The seasonal change to a shipping thead haha, does anyone else have this for Mario Maker?

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Maximus.

With Amazon being the E3 savior this year, this thread is going to be filled with so much shipping complaints and updates. Amazon fix your shipping so we don't have to read this shit :/

Roto13

I didn't get a call or an email about my Source order but when I went in there today because I was in the area, it had been waiting there for two days. Lovely.

Apathy

CDN$ 69.99

I would contact them. Mine still says "delivery estimate: September 1st". I ordered mine during the 2014 E3 deal

Smo21

So i just got an email saying my futureshop payment for MGS didn't go through even though i used the same paypal account as always. WTF? It worked for bloodborne. Not sure who to call and yell at.

Amazon's shipping out before Best Buy? Damn it... MGSV was one of the pre-orders I made last year so I never even thought to switch it to Amazon this year. I also have Uncharted 4 pre-ordered with BB :/

FrsDvl

Man, trying to get through to Amazon live chat right now, first time i got trough, this guy was doing every single thing possible to avoid my question. Figure i'd try again with someone else. So far i've had the same guy 3 times in a row. Getting pretty annoyed!

Sorry I guess he wants to buy a new copy

Thanks though!

No worries! Just figured i'd try putting it up on gaf before i go to Kijiji

So according to Amazon Customer service I'm waiting an extra week or two because I picked free shipping. Did you guys pay extra for release date shipping or something? Best Buy got their games on release day to me for free, why not Amazon?

Transcript:

Initial Question: My order shows a delivery date between September 10 - 17, but release date is September 1?

02:21 PM PDT Amazon: Hello Joey my name is Craig. I'll be glad to help you today.
02:21 PM PDT Joey Greco: hello
02:22 PM PDT Amazon: I’ll definitely look into this for you.
May I please have the order #
02:22 PM PDT Joey Greco: Order# xxxxxxxxxx
02:23 PM PDT Amazon: Thank you for the order number.
Please allow me a minute while I check this for you.
02:25 PM PDT Amazon: I've checked your order and I see that you have placed the order for the item by selecting FREE Super Saver Shipping
For free shipping we deliver the item with in 5-7 days from the date the order is shipped.
02:26 PM PDT Joey Greco: even for pre-orders?
02:26 PM PDT Amazon: Yes
02:26 PM PDT Joey Greco: but mu concern is that the item is shipping days after release
my*
02:27 PM PDT Joey Greco: I should be receiving it 5-7 days after release, not September 10-17
that's 10-17 days after release
02:27 PM PDT Amazon: I can understand your concern.
02:29 PM PDT Amazon: The pre orders are shipped out on first come first serve basis.
02:29 PM PDT Joey Greco: so that estimate means theres low stock?
02:30 PM PDT Amazon: Yes,
02:30 PM PDT Joey Greco: or not enough stock I should say?
02:30 PM PDT Amazon: At the time you placed the order had you selected to ship on the date the item is released than the order would be delivered on the date the item is released.
02:31 PM PDT Amazon: However, there is a charge for the delivery on the release date.
02:31 PM PDT Joey Greco: how much extra was that?
02:33 PM PDT Amazon: I'm sorry I would not be able to know the charge as the charge depends upon the location that the order has to be shipped on the released date.
02:34 PM PDT Amazon: But there is no option of changing to release date delivery as the order would get back logged and then you might not have the item available to be delivered as pre orders are first come first serve basis.
02:34 PM PDT Joey Greco: I guess I'll leave it as is then
02:35 PM PDT Joey Greco: that's all I needed
thanks for your time
02:35 PM PDT Amazon: You're welcome.
I appreciate your understanding in this case.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
02:35 PM PDT Joey Greco: No thanks
have a good day
02:35 PM PDT Amazon: You too!

Parapraxis

So yeah, sorry to hear of all the Amazon weirdness, crazy thing is I'm in Cape Breton, if it actually gets to me on the 1st (which they said it will) I'll be impressed.

I do pay for prime and wasn't using a trial, I wonder if that matters.

FrsDvl

So according to Amazon Customer service I'm waiting an extra week or two because I picked free shipping. Did you guys pay extra for release date shipping or something? Best Buy got their games on release day to me for free, why not Amazon?

Transcript:

Yeah you gotta pick 2 day shipping with Amazon to stand a chance of getting it on time. They aren't as great as BestBuy when it comes to shipping. But at least the price is better

Past

So yeah, sorry to hear of all the Amazon weirdness, crazy thing is I'm in Cape Breton, if it actually gets to me on the 1st (which they said it will) I'll be impressed.

I do pay for prime and wasn't using a trial, I wonder if that matters.

You are guaranteed to get it on launch day if you are a prime member. If you don't get it at launch for whatever reason (usually Canada Post's fault), you can contact them and they will either extend your membership for an extra month or give you a $10 credit.

Davide

Amazon shipping was the reason I decided to go for Best Buy for pre-orders. Arkham Knight came day 1, MGSV probably will do and shipping is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom