• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. GUYS GUYS!

I won one of the Batpods! They just now sent me the e-mail.

I'm in shock :|
Congrats. Those things are going to go for shitloads of $$$. As soon as the parts list comes out I'm gonna go ballistic on bricklink.
I am waiting for the next Modular set to leak.
Since Lego has committed to Pet Shop being around until 2016, there will potentially be 5 modulars in circulation. Interesting. The other possibility is that Palace Cinema will be retired before Pet Shop.

Speaking of Dark Side ships, i've been looking over my brickset database at all the sets I own and don't own.

While there's clearly TONS of LEGO SW I do not own -- a huge percentage of it are sets that have newer versions that I do own, so I can overlook a lot of the earlier stuff.

But one ship I do not own and probably never will as I doubt it will ever be remade...

7672-1.jpg

Curious if anyone here owns it?

I can probably bricklink it easily enough due to the sets age and somewhat outdated design which relies on older parts and simpler building principles. haven't decided if I will or not yet.

This is currently sitting on my shelf next to a Y Wing and Hawkeye's SUV. I basically bought it in the hope they'd eventually do the Ebon Hawk from KotOR. I actually quite like it, it's a more interesting design than the one in the game which was more boxy.

Koren

It took the person at the post office ten minutes to find the parcel, but I've my X-agents!

Thanks Wetwired, they're great!

So I stumbled upon an ad on Facebook that said that the local expensive shop (where I picked up the Fire Brigades last year) had a 25% sale on all Lego... since Thursday. I cursed my bad luck since everything good would obviously be sold by now, but went there anyway.

It turned out that it wasn't very cleaned out after all. No Jurassic World stuff - I think those will really be hard to find soon, so I'll probably just Bricklink the T-Rex and be done with it. But otherwise there was some neat stuff that I've been eyeing. Maybe time for the Bike Shop & Cafe, maybe Skyra's castle, maybe even the Sea Cow (although I still don't really want it).

Instead, I got the Sydney Opera House. I really didn't intend to ever get it, but as I was looking through the parts list for the Sea Cow (since I mostly wanted it as a parts pack), I figured, why buy the lesser parts pack for almost the same cost? All that dark tan would actually be useful in a build I'm planning, and the white curves could work for it too. So there we are. I'm going to build this thing just for the Berard Experience, then tear it down and start on my next project. Fun!

Oh, and congrats on the Parisian Restaurant, B D. It's truly one of the greatest Lego sets ever, and certainly one of the best builds.

taoofjord

Yay!

CNkneqUUEAEk2P0.jpg:large

CNkneqOVAAAiWHn.jpg:large

What am I in for?

Congrats! That's the only readily available modular I'm currently interested in. I don't have any yet (The Palace Cinema looks great too but the inside is seriously lacking.) I'm having a tough time deciding between picking the Parisian Restaurant up or the Temple of Arijitzu.

Anyway, have fun! :)

Koren

Damn, what happened that it took so long? just cause it's a tiny parcel?
It had been registered as a parcel and stored with letters. The post-offices are not well organized where I live, in 6 years, noone has been able to explain to my why my parcels arrive at *three* different offices, apparently randomly. Not a big issue, and well worth the wait.

I was surprised to see "Fox mulder" on the sticker, btw, I thought you went with the nicknames to avoid copyright issues...

Congrats! That's the only readily available modular I'm currently interested. I don't have any yet (The Palace Cinema looks great too but the inside is seriously lacking.) I'm having a tough time deciding between picking the Parisian Restaurant up or the Temple of Arijitzu.
Temple of Arijutsu is great, but the fact that the back is missing bothers me a lot.

ghostmind

2016 Star Wars set news (via Hulk_Smash on Eurobricks):

The Carbon Freezing chamber is just stair and a platform, but does have Boba, and an Ugnaught (with frozen Han).

Hoth Attack has Rebel Troopers and a Probe Droid.

Microfighter Ghost has Hera, Tie has Pilot, Wookie ship has Wookie, AT-DP has pilot.

Battlefront Rebels battle pack has a speeder and 4 Rebels, one of which is a Rodian.
Battlefront Empire battle pack has 4 Stormtroopers, and a vehicle/weapon.

ghostmind

A small DC 2016 tidbit:

Cycle Chase has Batman and Harley on motorcycles, and Firefly flying.

Sounds like it will be the modern version of Harley with the CMF Zombie Cheerleader hair.

ghostmind

Marvel 2016 info.

Avengers Space Mission: Captain America Spacesuit Variant, Captain Marvel, Hyperion, Iron Man Spacesuit Variant, and Thanos Big-fig.

Iron Skull Submarine Attack: Red Skull, a Hydra goon, a Scuba Iron Man, and Cap, who is captured in a cage, the sub itself is kinda of like a scaled down version of the Force Awakens landing craft.

Racers: Red Skull vs Cap, Spidey vs Goblin (which looks to be a different one then in the juniors set) and Hulk vs Ultron.

At least three "Civil War" sets.

ghostmind

Ok, between Hyperion, Thanos, Captain Marvel and a new minfig-scale Hulk, I am already hyped for the Marvel sets! I may need to change my Star Wars only rule...

Keaner

Neo Member
Microfighter Ghost has Hera, Tie has Pilot, Wookie ship has Wookie, AT-DP has pilot.

I'm really glad for the Microfighters series to be able to get minifigs that were previously available only in larger sets. At last, a cheap alternative to building up my Wookiee army!

Jimbro72

Speaking of Dark Side ships, i've been looking over my brickset database at all the sets I own and don't own.

While there's clearly TONS of LEGO SW I do not own -- a huge percentage of it are sets that have newer versions that I do own, so I can overlook a lot of the earlier stuff.

But one ship I do not own and probably never will as I doubt it will ever be remade...

7672-1.jpg

Curious if anyone here owns it?

I can probably bricklink it easily enough due to the sets age and somewhat outdated design which relies on older parts and simpler building principles. haven't decided if I will or not yet.

Yep, Ghostmind is right, I do have this one. But it's not one of my favorites. I am just not that big a fan of the ships design, especially whatever is going on with the odd mismatched wings. It's just such a bizarre looking ship and not in a good way in my opinion. The color of it is it's saving grace in my eyes. I bought it more to try to keep as complete with my collection and less because I thought it looked great. If I remember right, the odd nature of the design makes it a decent build as you aren't faced with the repetitive nature of some ships or vehicles where you are building 2 or 4 of the same wing or leg or something. So it also has that going for it.

I still have mine assembled but not sure for how much longer as the next round of disassembling sets to free up more space for newer stuff may make this one go sooner than later as it is pretty wide and has a rather large foot print for not being all that large a ship.

Also sad to hear about the small nature of the Carbon Freezing Chamber. Not that surprising. I wonder with this released now, what that means for the odds of a large Cloud City set being released at any point in the next 2-3 yrs, as you'd think the freezing chamber would have been a part of it. So maybe we're now talking 4-5 yr before such a set would be made. If it even happens at all.

I finished the first book (and bags) of Sydney Opera House. Mostly stairs and foundations so far, but it's ROCK solid. It also gives me a ton of ideas on how to build a stable raised baseplate for what I'm reusing this for later.

But then there's the small building and the first Jamie Moment on stage 29 of the build. OMG. Mind blown almost as much as on the Café Corner corner door.

I finished the first book (and bags) of Sydney Opera House. Mostly stairs and foundations so far, but it's ROCK solid. It also gives me a ton of ideas on how to build a stable raised baseplate for what I'm reusing this for later.

But then there's the small building and the first Jamie Moment on stage 29 of the build. OMG. Mind blown almost as much as on the Café Corner corner door.

Just wait until you get to the white shells at the end. It really is a great build, but in the end it is just a giant parts pack for me.

But you really do need to get Sea Cow. Just magnificent, and I can't quite bring myself to tear it down yet.

Ponn

Banned
Marvel 2016 info.

Avengers Space Mission: Captain America Spacesuit Variant, Captain Marvel, Hyperion, Iron Man Spacesuit Variant, and Thanos Big-fig.

Iron Skull Submarine Attack: Red Skull, a Hydra goon, a Scuba Iron Man, and Cap, who is captured in a cage, the sub itself is kinda of like a scaled down version of the Force Awakens landing craft.

Racers: Red Skull vs Cap, Spidey vs Goblin (which looks to be a different one then in the juniors set) and Hulk vs Ultron.

At least three "Civil War" sets.

Wow, that Space Mission set could literally be a build of a giant space poop but I would still buy it for that glorious collection of figs. So it looks like Iron Man is going the Batman crazy suits variant route to be in every set. They were just slight variants before but now they are doing the whole Scuba Suit, Space Suit, Birthday suit thing. I need to see that Goblin fig before buying that Juniors set now.

Ryuuroden

Received my x-agents, wetwired. They look great. I will be bringing them to my lug meeting today to show them off. We are doing the build thing that these California groups did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0Z_dW3FMI

I am not sure what the build prerogatives will be for our LUG. I don't think we are doing a Zoetrope, but basically LEGO sent our LUG a bunch of those sets to do something unique with and post it online. Should be fun.

Osahi

It is... wait what do you mean D:

After i bought this, i got the palace cinema and detective office within the month. :')

In doubt to get my force awakens haul when double VIP hits. Only an extra month, and i might get everything at once then (was going to spread out). Just affraid that stuff like the x wing and falcon will sell out...

The Carbon Freezing chamber is just stair and a platform, but does have Boba, and an Ugnaught (with frozen Han
First Bespin set in ages sounds like a dud. -- TLG must have some elaborate market survey which tells them Bespin sets don't sell.

Or they are hoping for the multi-buy-for-MOCing scenario.

neonglow

Got my X-Agents earlier in the week. I think the package says "Toy Pants". They're great minifigures but I wish I got wetwired to sign the back of the printed card.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yep, Ghostmind is right, I do have this one.
Thanks for the thoughts. Given it's look I doubted it would be anyone's favorite model... but it is somewhat significant to me since it is one of the few Dark Side force user ships I don't have so it feels like a real hole in my collection!

Thankfully I also don't feel it is one of the better looking ships. If I were missing the Sith Fury-Class Interceptor ship for example I would be a different matter. I snagged it near the very end of its lifespan and I am so happy that I did.

willp2003

Just built my Wall-E, and it is a big flaw. The problem is there's no friction to stop the head spinning uncontrollably round if it's at the slightest of angles. Apart from that it's beautiful.

Koren

Just built my Wall-E, and it is a big flaw. The problem is there's no friction to stop the head spinning uncontrollably round if it's at the slightest of angles. Apart from that it's beautiful.
The recall/delay is confirmed, and the reason is this flaw?

but I wish I got wetwired to sign the back of the printed card.
I wish it too, now ^_^ Nice idea, especially since I'm also fond of the Ghostbusters set...

ThisOne

Is Santa's Workshop (10245) ever going to be back in stock? It's been listed as "temporarily out of stock" on S@H for quite awhile now...

It was a bit strange when it first happened but I don't think it's a dealbreaker. It's not hard at all to position him in such a way as he faces forwards for display and if you were playing with him you'd be able to just spin his head around as needed.

Hmmm. I don't know what's more annoying, the problem or possibly having to wait longer to get him. I can probably figure out a mod if it bugs me. Here's hoping I can still order it on Tuesday.

I don't see how a recall would fix the problem. Its not a friction problem, its a design problem. A single technic pin wont support that weight no matter what you do. So if they're recalling it to fix that then they would have to change the design of the neck.

taoofjord

They have not had a recall since 2009, I doubt this is going to get one because as others have said it would have to be a complete redesign.

A review of the set with the issue at around the 2 minute mark.

Why would they recall this? Isn't this an obvious issue that the designer and however many people that have to approve the design know about? I'm unfamiliar with how the company works but I'd imagine they would have figured this build and the loose neck joint was "good enough".

Edit: Did anyone pick up the Lego Ideas Exo Suit? It looks pretty sweet, even though I'd have liked it to be more colorful. Worth picking up?

The Carbon Freezing chamber is just stair and a platform, but does have Boba, and an Ugnaught (with frozen Han).

Hoth Attack has Rebel Troopers and a Probe Droid.

Battlefront Rebels battle pack has a speeder and 4 Rebels, one of which is a Rodian.
Battlefront Empire battle pack has 4 Stormtroopers, and a vehicle/weapon.

Great, now I'm going to have to buy all these too.

Lego store manager confirmed Wall-E delay. He said it was unknown when it would hit now.

But, they had the Halloween seasonal set in, so I left with that and Airjitzu Temple, and a small PAB cup. They let me fill it with parts from the build a model stuff. So I have TONS of eyes now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom