• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS |OT| An isometric sci-fi horror adventure game inspired by Alien & Sanitarium

drotahorror

Excited, interested due to the Sanitarium comparisons. That game was a big standout for me in the days of gaming yore. It's a good season for horror (this, Soma, Layers of Fear).

Do you have any more suggestions? I always browse new and upcoming releases but Layers of Fear slipped right past me.

Hype for Stasis! Grabbing it tomorrow.

I don't have the best rig on the block ATM, but I'm wondering if it can handle the game (even on low settings). Working with a Core 2 Duo E8400, 1.6 VRAM Express chipset, SSD, 4 gig RAM, Direct X 11.

I finally started the full game and I can't believe that I'm stuck in the very beginning. It seems different than the beta? Like the triggers, objectives, etc? Major lapse of memory.

I finally started the full game and I can't believe that I'm stuck in the very beginning. It seems different than the beta? Like the triggers, objectives, etc? Major lapse of memory.
I only played the alpha demo recently before the full game, but the beginning of the full game and the alpha are almost the same. There are some tweaks but it's mostly the same

I only played the alpha demo recently before the full game, but the beginning of the full game and the alpha are almost the same. There are some tweaks but it's mostly the same

Yea I'm not sure, but the beta was a few weeks ago for backers at that level and it was more of the game (not sure how much of it) but I thought it was still familiar. I know what I have to do but stuff just doesn't seem to be happening?

Yea I'm not sure, but the beta was a few weeks ago for backers at that level and it was more of the game (not sure how much of it) but I thought it was still familiar. I know what I have to do but stuff just doesn't seem to be happening?
What are you up to? I'm about 5 hours in myself, so I might be past where you're at

Pilgrimzero

Excited, interested due to the Sanitarium comparisons. That game was a big standout for me in the days of gaming yore. It's a good season for horror (this, Soma, Layers of Fear).

I loved Sanitarium.

Well until the big reveal. I kind pictured a different ending. Still good but not the direction I was hoping it would go. Still a great game though.

Patison

Can someone tell me how to (first 30-45 minutes)
unfreeze the morgue? I guess I have to open one of the storages to get the axe, which will help destroy padlock near the train. I used wet towel on furnace and have no idea what to do next, it feels like I'm missing some other item.

But yeah, this game is amazing, it really looks and feels like spiritual succesor to Sanitarium. AND THAT VOICE ACTING!

unfreeze the morgue? I guess I have to open one of the storages to get the axe, which will help destroy padlock near the train. I used wet towel on furnace and have no idea what to do next, it feels like I'm missing some other item.

But yeah, this game is amazing, it really looks and feels like spiritual succesor to Sanitarium. AND THAT VOICE ACTING!
1)
Jam the furnace door hinge with the cloth
2)
Open the furnace door. I believe you need an ID tag or something like that
3)
Run like hell out of the room

GavinUK86

Tip:
You should have a toe tag, right?

Answer:
You use the towel on the cog so the furnace door stays open, it'll swing shut again if you don't. Use the toe tag you should already have on the furnace door, that'll open it. Then run quickly out of the room, or don't if you want to see an awesome death scene, give it a few seconds then go back in.

Patison

1)
Jam the furnace door hinge with the cloth
2)
Open the furnace door. I believe you need an ID tag or something like that
3)
Run like hell out of the room

Tip:
You should have a toe tag, right?

Answer:
You use the towel on the cog so the furnace door stays open, it'll swing shut again if you don't. Use the toe tag you should already have on the furnace door, that'll open it. Then run quickly out of the room, or don't if you want to see an awesome death scene, give it a few seconds then go back in.

Thank you, I feel like an idiot right now :lol

Agremont

Spent some time with it now and I must say, I miss some of the ambience from the alpha demo to be honest. Especially in the intro.

The game is good so far though. And boy is it beautiful. Pretty good voice acting too.

Aesnath

Why don't you often enjoy them? Just in general or due to obscure obtuse puzzles? I've found that for the most part the puzzles here are pretty logical. And there is tension and stakes because you can die in many horrible gruesome ways.

Yeah, obtuse puzzles seem to play a role. I don't mind being stuck or lacking hand-holding in other genres (in fact, I give major points for many games doing just that), but my experience with point-and-clicks tends to result in modest frustration that sours to boredom. I'm not entirely sure why. Blame a child reared on NES rather than computer adventures. It's a shame, I still want to try Grim Fandango as well. The added tension might make a difference though. I'm thinking about it.

derExperte

Bought.

Has Steam's daily update gone live? The new release section still shows Azure Striker Gunfolt over here, same as yesterday.

Yes, two hours ago, it's the same time every day when the deals switch over and most new games get released. Meanwhile the popular new releases list gets updated more often.

The thing I Iike about puzzles is that a lot of times, the solutions are revealed by reading the logs and such. Quite a few times, I'll be stuck, then I see what the solution was and realize I should have read more carefully

Jackpot

Banned
Thank you, I feel like an idiot right now :lol

Don't, it does suffer a bit of mash-every-object-together like a lot of adventure games. There was nothing to indicate anything about a cloth or hinge going together, or even that the hinge existed as a game object.

How many deaths have people got so far?

Getting eaten by clones in the clone vat.
Burned alive by the furnace.
Choked to death by opening to door to the toxic gas tunnel/

drotahorror

Great, it doesn't display correctly on my TV then.

Seen this on steam forums from the dev -

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STASIS

2. Right click on Stasis.exe

3. Properties - > Compatibility tab

4. Set Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3

Alternatively, try pressing Alt+Enter when in game a couple of times.

Truant

Seen this on steam forums from the dev -

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STASIS

2. Right click on Stasis.exe

3. Properties - > Compatibility tab

4. Set Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3

Alternatively, try pressing Alt+Enter when in game a couple of times.

The final part worked! Now the mouse is super laggy. Any ideas?

inm8num2

Shoot, Stasis isn't featured in the storefront carousel (at least, not mine). But it's #1 in popular new releases, so that's good for exposure.

Stimpack

Slight break in the pacing of the game when I decided to
cut off Yuri's hand immediately with the shard of glass, and then proceed to the morgue.
Nothing major, it was just obvious that that's not the route I was expected to take.

SURGEdude

Just another Kickstarter success story for me. I find it so strange when people talk about how most Kickstarter games and other products never work out. I've Kickstarted about 20 projects and only had two mediocre experience. One was the Ouya which ended up finding use but not in the way I had hoped, and the other was Matchstick the Firefox based Chromecast copy. But in the case of Matchstick when they decided to can it they gave everybody a refund within a week. The Ouya ended up being a wash since I use it as a media player at a cabin that otherwise is stuck with a DVD deck.

I've had a higher rate of return on Kickstarters than I do buying regular retail titles in the last few years. I can only assume the focus on the evils of crowdfunding come from a few con artists and a ton of people who don't bother evaluating the likelihood that the team is actually able to produce the product they want funding for.

Top Bottom