• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any rumors floating around about Bioware's New IP?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What Jesus analog have they yet to tap? We have Jedi Jesus, Regular Space Jesus, various flavors of Magical Powers Jesus...what's left? Modern day Jesus? Cyberpunk Jesus?

I wonder, I wonder.

What Jesus analog have they yet to tap? We have Jedi Jesus, Regular Space Jesus, various flavors of Magical Powers Jesus...what's left? Modern day Jesus? Cyberpunk Jesus?

I wonder, I wonder.
Wouldn't mind cyberpunk Jesus

These streets. They flow with the blood of the city. As I walk down them the rain pours over my sweet fedora. A man drinks alcohol on the back alley. I give him a cup of water. Unfortunately it turns into wine. I promote his alcoholism.

These streets. They are mine.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Yes, and as far as we know you will gather a party to save the world. Also, dialogue wheel and romances are rumored.

2thepoint

The wind speaks to me. It tells me that in this game you'll form a party with a group of very distinct party members that each have a specific appropriate role.

The wolves they howl. They foresee that there is a romantic interest, possibly many, and you'll bang ok.

The raven's feathers, they float through the skies and guide me. They point towards you being a Jesus figure.

/kidding of course

Lol, i like this post.

WanderingWind

Wouldn't mind cyberpunk Jesus

These streets. They flow with the blood of the city. As I walk down them the rain pours over my sweet fedora. A man drinks alcohol on the back alley. I give him a cup of water. Unfortunately it turns into wine. I promote his alcoholism.

These streets. They are mine.

Whadda you think they'll call him/her? "Savior, my cyber puppy got lost in the neon tubing store." or "Only Begotten Daughter, please I can't pay my cyber rent and the tekno-police are going to evict me!"

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel that they'll do well if they strive to do well, but knowing that Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk left makes me feel like they really didn't have an idea for a new IP at the moment. Especially when Casey Hudson left. I'm not trying to sound offensive or take away work from staff, but you would think if they had that next IP outside of Mass Effect then they all would have stayed. To each their own. The doctors aren't necessarily hurting considering they can go back and practice. Hudson works with Microsoft, so it's not like he's hurting.

I feel that Dragon Age is perfect for the team because it has deep roots into a familiar like D&D.

Edit: Star Wars this gen will probably be better than Star Wars last gen. We're getting a Star Wars Battlefield and a new game by Jade Raymond and her new team.

I'm not exactly thrilled for anything Star Wars related besides the new movie.

WanderingWind

I will never, ever understand the lack of superhero RPGs.

Ever.

Everything in cycles. Their day will come. Much like as soon as a good video game movie is made, the floodgates on those will open. In ten years, we'll be talking about "Man, I liked The Last of Us 3, but video game movies are getting too formulaic."

PFD

I wasn't aware that Shadow Realms got cancelled. That's good, because the early previews were horrific

Oh I got the joke but I just gave a realistic response. I could've answered with kawaii desu but it's early.

hahahaha, I hear you. 9AM is no time for humor, I swear. I appreciate the response!

But let's be honest, if a Japanese team used similar sensibilities and made it a game about coming of age and sisterhood along with some rad combat it'd be pretty cool.

wait. maybe I just want a magic girl Shin Megami game if I was social interaction and Japan at the same time/

Shadow Realms. Can't remember specifics though

Went to some event at PAX last year with an open bar to promo the game. Sadly almost all of the attendants would corner devs to ask about Mass Effect 4, or draw Dickbutt on suggestions cards. Game looked okay though. Like it'd be a good fit for the WiiU pad.

li bur

Isn't this that multiplayer games they announce back then? I don't even remember the game's name.

Edit:
As for kotor, they don't need to remakes those games. It's perfect as it is. They should go further back to the era of Exar Kun and co.

JackelZXA

The fact Casey Hudson jumped ship always made me concerned for the state of Edmonton's projects.

The scuttlebutt at the time of ME3 leads me to believe he may not have been a great team lead. If there was some serious drama involved during the conceptual phase of the game, well I wouldn't be surprised.

The scuttlebutt at the time of ME3 leads me to believe he may not have been a great team lead. If there was some serious drama involved during the conceptual phase of the game, well I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, the rumor is that he and Mac stonewalled the team regarding the ending. Now he's gone and Mac is creative director and not lead writer.

They don't have the chops to pick up the story after 2. Just forget about KOTOR and do something new

They nuked the extended universe so I have a hard time seeing them continuing KOTOR in any capacity that preserves narrative consistency.

Top Bottom