• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabot

what's the point of this power exactly?

If you're normal in every other way, why will sending one message to someone be helpful?

kingkitty

If you're normal in every other way, why will sending one message to someone be helpful?

i can send a secret message talking shit about someone behind their back.

but it's also a way to prove my town-ness to another player I trust?

El Topo

The power also doesn't really make sense flavorwise. The Conduit to God can (sometimes) send a message to another player? That doesn't really seem to fit. RNG in a game by Ourobolus?

Sorry, I fear you may have deliberately false role-claimed to protect your real role, but we can't risk it. If you turn out to be a town-aligned power role, so be it, but that seems like a poor role-claim. Huckabee? More than enough stuff to choose from. Should've used something like "I have the power of Chuck Norris" and made up something.
VOTE: kingkitty

Sorian

Banned
CURRENT VOTES:

Palmer_v1 (0)
Sorian

cabot (0)
Palmer_v1
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
Burbeting
nin1000
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
El Topo

kingkitty (4)
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
Fireblend
NeverForever
CornBurrito
Burbeting
cabot

SalvaPot (1)
Sorian
cabot
Kalor
Sorian
Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
Sorian

Kalor (1)
Fireblend
El Topo
Never Forever
Palmer_v1
*Splinter

Fireblend (0)
Hyperactivity

Sorian (1)
nin1000
LaunchpadMcQ
SalvaPot
kingkitty
Palmer_v1

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Sorian
Sorian
CornBurrito
Kalor

El Topo (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
LaunchpadMcQ

Burbeting (1)
cabot
Sorian
El Topo

nin1000 (0)
Hyperactivity
Never Forever
*Splinter
Sorian
LaunchpadMcQ
cabot

Never Forever (0)
*Splinter

LaunchpadMcQ (0)
*Splinter
Fireblend

*Splinter (1)
nin1000

DAY 1 ENDS AT
t1442152800z1.png

Assuming Launch's last vote sheet was correct, here is the current count. (Ignoring Launch's last vote as well because Ouro resets a players vote when a new player joins).

El Topo

You can organize stuff in a way mafia can't see. Not as good as a separate chat (see e.g. me and Zippedpinhead in the very first game), but still useful. Not if randomized though.

*Splinter

Thanks Sorian, but my vote is on Palmer, not Kalor

Also with Topo's vote kitty is now on 5 (I know that came in as you were posting, just a reminder for everyone)

cabot

Can't really organise much of anything with a one shot.

I do think this claims baloney, and if he's hiding another role then this is a pretty crap way of avoiding a lynch.

My head hurts.

kingkitty

The power also doesn't really make sense flavorwise. The Conduit to God can (sometimes) send a message to another player? That doesn't really seem to fit. RNG in a game by Ourobolus?

Sorry, I fear you may have deliberately false role-claimed to protect your real role, but we can't risk it. If you turn out to be a town-aligned power role, so be it, but that seems like a poor role-claim. Huckabee? More than enough stuff to choose from. Should've used something like "I have the power of Chuck Norris" and made up something.

It's not really wise to be assuming anything about a game moderator's intentions like that, unless it's something like jesters...not really understanding how you can take that position.

I didn't false role-claim. This is literally my role claim title. I am Mike Huckabee. What is this "more than enough stuff to choose from". You're using some minor league, direct-to-dvd silly stuff. That's my name El Topo. No one can counter claim my name, because it's my name.

I am Mike motherfucking Huckabee.

kingkitty

I can literally prove my town-ness to someone. Give me a night. I can 50/50 prove myself tonight.

This is madness! Madness!

El Topo

Here's my problem: Your name seems legit, but your role description seems utterly stupid and nonsensical. It doesn't fit the flavor.

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, woke up early for you guys. Honestly, I don't know who to place my vote on. If he was still in the game, I'd be voting for Launch since he was the one I kept bugging all day, but he's not in the game anymore and it seems lame to vote L_P now.

So, I guess I'll vote for who I consider the least helpful poster so far.

VOTE: Bananaspaceprincess

cabot

It's not really wise to be assuming anything about a game moderator's intentions like that, unless it's something like jesters...not really understanding how you can take that position.

I didn't false role-claim. This is literally my role claim title. I am Mike Huckabee. What is this "more than enough stuff to choose from". You're using some minor league, direct-to-dvd silly stuff. That's my name El Topo. No one can counter claim my name, because it's my name.

I am Mike motherfucking Huckabee.

I'm not gonna lie if this is your role, I'm okay with you dying today. It's one weak ass role.

NINJA EDIT GOOD TIMING FIRE

Sorian

Banned
CURRENT VOTES:

Palmer_v1 (2)
Sorian
Sorian
*Splinter

cabot (0)
Palmer_v1
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
Burbeting
nin1000
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
El Topo

kingkitty (4)
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
Fireblend
NeverForever
CornBurrito
Burbeting
cabot
El Topo

SalvaPot (2)
Sorian
cabot
Kalor
Sorian
Hyperactivity
Kalor

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
Sorian

Kalor (0)
Fireblend
El Topo
Never Forever
Palmer_v1
*Splinter

Fireblend (1)
Hyperactivity
cabot

Sorian (2)
nin1000
LaunchpadMcQ
SalvaPot
kingkitty
Palmer_v1
Nin1000

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Sorian
Sorian
CornBurrito
Kalor
Fireblend

El Topo (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
LaunchpadMcQ

Burbeting (1)
cabot
Sorian
El Topo

nin1000 (0)
Hyperactivity
Never Forever
*Splinter
Sorian
LaunchpadMcQ
cabot

Never Forever (0)
*Splinter

LaunchpadMcQ (0)
*Splinter
Fireblend

*Splinter (0)
nin1000

DAY 1 ENDS AT
t1442152800z1.png

OK THIS IS RIGHT NOW

cabot

UNVOTE

I'm leaning towards kitty because as far as roles go, it's very weak and can't be considered a great loss.

Ourobolus

Banned
Palmer_v1 (2)
Sorian
Sorian
*Splinter

cabot (0)
Palmer_v1
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
Burbeting
nin1000
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
El Topo

kingkitty (4)
cabot
Fireblend
Never Forever
CornBurrito
Burbeting
cabot
El Topo

SalvaPot (2)
Sorian
cabot
Kalor
Sorian
Hyperactivity
Kalor

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
Sorian

Kalor (0)
Fireblend
El Topo
Never Forever
Palmer_v1
*Splinter

Fireblend (1)
Hyperactivity
cabot

Sorian (2)
nin1000
SalvaPot
kingkitty
Palmer_v1
Palmer_v1
nin1000

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Sorian
Sorian
CornBurrito
Kalor
Fireblend

El Topo (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot

Burbeting (0)
cabot
Sorian
El Topo

nin1000 (0)
Hyperactivity
Never Forever
*Splinter
Sorian
cabot

Never Forever (0)
*Splinter

*Splinter (0)
nin1000

cabot

How will it prove you're town really?

Is there flavour accompanying it that will seem like its a prayer from God or something?

If it's just a message then it doesn't prove anything other than you can send a message.

kingkitty

The RNG part of that role bugs me, and not just because Ouro apparently hates RNG.

Again I ask you. Will you not give me a 50 percent chance to clear myself?

If it doesn't work tonight, then y'all can kill me later. But if it does work tonight, then we'll have another confirm GOP.

wasn't there a role that could send messages that was mafia-aligned in the SW game?

just because somebody receives a message means that his description of his power is true, doesn't mean he's town-aligned

Sorian

Banned
Sorry, but Cabot and nin are at the very least 80% town (read: 90% at very least). I appreciate you keeping an eye open and watching, but going after one if the few players we can pretty safely eliminate from being town, vs say an unknown, only hurts town. You're right in that we won't know until Cabot or nin dies, but let's not help the cult out here.

In lieu of something more substantial, I'm ok verifying unknown info but it looks like we have that something more substantial.

First, why the hell would you have Cabot on your list at all when he's mostly confirmed town? That's very shortsighted. If you want a safe lynch, go for me. I've already outed myself as not having a power. I'd prefer if we got someone scummy, but better than me than a town power role.

cabot isn't a PR anymore, that's why I said he was a good way to verify whether the claim was true or not. It's a simple check on a day where we were getting no more information.

Sorian is voting for Palmer (how do you get your own vote wrong? :p

nin is voting Sorian

Guessing you missed the last page?

Nah, I hit undo on something and it took away most of my changes.

Alright folks, before I start role claiming, can I mention just how much I love Kim Davis? She sure is swell, that gal.

Anyways, my role is...

Mike Huckabee, Conduit to God

I can get on my knees and pray to God. And through the power of prayer, God will relay one message to whoever I pick.

But God is also busy and stuff I guess, so I only have a 50/50 rng chance of it reaching the person I chose.

I don't believe your role claim, I don't see Ouro attaching RNG to the ability to send a night message and, even if you did send a night message tonight, that in no way proves that you are town. I'll eat my hat if this is true and a mostly unprompted role claim that is a lie is basically a policy lynch in my book.

DOUBLE: Kingkitty

Sorian

Banned

If it doesn't work tonight, then y'all can kill me later. But if it does work tonight, then we'll have another confirm GOP.

lol, in no way does sending or receiving a night message confirm anyone's alignment.

Mhhh I must say this RC disappoints me somehow. It does look awfully weak and I can only conclude that you're not telling us the whole truth. Lynching you seems the most reasonable move right now. Even if you might turn out to be a strong townie.

Also I agree with Never Forever. How do we know you are Town after all??

cabot

sorry kitty, I was unsure so in celebration of your role I flipped a coin to see if I should vote on you or not, and here we are.

I did not flip a coin

wasn't there a role that could send messages that was mafia-aligned in the SW game?

just because somebody receives a message means that his description of his power is true, doesn't mean he's town-aligned

Wait is that true?

I was thinking there's no way a message from God would be anything but a GOP power.

*Splinter

I could, but as others have pointed out, it doesn't really clear you. I'm fully expecting "the 50% chance failed guys!" tomorrow.

Sorry kitty, I'm sad to see you going so soon

cabot

This feels like El Topo's Robin Hood claim except with lesser drama but just about as much of the ridiculousness.

Ouro.....pls

kingkitty

also I didn't include this bit, but I can check people's alignment...but it's only 50 percent accurate.

oh I can send more than one message, but it's only 50 percent chance.

cabot

also I didn't include this bit, but I can check people's alignment...but it's only 50 percent accurate.

oh I can send more than one message, but it's only 50 percent chance.

do you also recite the book of revelations for a 25% of an instant GOP win?

Sorian

Banned
This feels like El Topo's Robin Hood claim except with lesser drama but just about as much of the ridiculousness.

Ouro.....pls

Nah, El Topo went through that god like Kate Archer claim first. What's the worst case scenario here though? We lose the ability to send 1 night message at a 50% chance? That's not that bad at all unless Kingkitty did this ridiculous lie and then he ends up being the doctor or something but I'm done if that's the case.

Kalor

I don't know how I feel about this roleclaim. Why would they make a big deal over role claiming times and then make up that role if they were Electorate. It would be a very weak role to try to convince people you aren't Electorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom