• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Fuuuck, i still can't believe it's actually happening. Gonna hold off from playing on my console copy to make it feel extra fresh. I just hope they let you import your character too, i'm gonna miss my character otherwise :(

wbacon

Capcom USA
Few concerned Arisens on and off the record asked me if everything's a-okay with DDDA since we've gone dead silent after the initial announcement.

We're intentionally in a 'quiet period' at the moment, but I wanted to reassure everyone that things are shaping up rather nicely that will make Itsuno & Co. proud of his baby.

To whet your appetite, we'll start sharing information in a few weeks' time including PC-specific features, system requirements, epic
60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

We've also fought really hard to stuff in as much feature and content as possible while still offering it at a fair price. But I know fans want more. Moar! More is always better. But we've already stuffed all previously released DLCs into the base game so I have no more DLC to give. What is a shriveled morsel of bacon to do?

But fret not, my fellow Arisens. As a huge fan of Dragon's Dogma myself, pre-order incentives we've concocted I *think* will bring smiles to DD fans and newcomers alike. I humbly ask you to not tase
or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Few concerned Arisens on and off the record asked me if everything's a-okay with DDDA since we've gone dead silent after the initial announcement.

We're intentionally in a 'quiet period' at the moment, but I wanted to reassure everyone that things are shaping up rather nicely that will make Itsuno & Co. proud of his baby.

To whet your appetite, we'll start sharing information in a few weeks' time including PC-specific features, system requirements, epic
60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

We've also fought really hard to stuff in as much feature and content as possible while still offering it at a fair price. But I know fans want more. Moar! More is always better. But we've already stuffed all previously released DLCs into the base game so I have no more DLC to give. What is a shriveled morsel of bacon to do?

But fret not, my fellow Arisens. As a huge fan of Dragon's Dogma myself, pre-order incentives we've concocted I *think* will bring smiles to DD fans and newcomers alike. I humbly ask you to not tase
or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

I got my PS3 back last month (moved away from home country 2 years ago) and bought DDDA and am almost platinum'ing it! I can tell you I'll buy your game again in the PC version and will most probably 100% again there!

Lime

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Cool beans, but you think you can confirm whether or not textures will be improved as well?

Can't wait to hear about more! I'm going to give January some space to play this and perhaps gift it to a couple of friends or family.

Arkanius

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

I could never finish DDDA on the X360 since the framerate and black bars made me physically sick when playing. I had to play in short bursts

I loved the game but I couldn't play it decently. I'm psyched to give it another decent go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
or eat
me if I fall short.

Yay. I mean, I was going to buy it regardless, but yay.

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

DID YOU JUST CONFIRM 60FPS

god-is-real-gif.gif

god-is-real-gif.gif

god-is-real-gif.gif

god-is-real-gif.gif

Or maybe that already was. Whatever.

Corpsepyre

Banned
As someone who has not played this game, what can I expect from the game design, combat and story? What's the next best game this is comparable to so I get an idea?

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out
PC-specific features, can't wait to see what that means! Glad to know that this isn't going to be just a simple port.

Please have advanced shadows that actually have our characters clothing casting shadows, it's so jarring to me running around with all this armor and capes, then you see your shadow and it looks like the shadow of a naked person...

MechaX

I dunno how I managed to miss this news, but holy fuck.

Playing DA in 60fps will be a completely different experience given how the game chugged on both the 360 and PS3.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Cool beans, but you think you can confirm whether or not textures will be improved as well?

Can't wait to hear about more! I'm going to give January some space to play this and perhaps gift it to a couple of friends or family.

We'll answer many of these questions and then some! Just to set proper expectations though, we're not adding new content. As in no new side quests, characters, enemies, and so on. At its foundation, it's an enhanced port of an existing game.

As someone who has not played this game, what can I expect from the game design, combat and story?

Dragon's Dogma is a gaming gift that keeps on giving the more you play. The game encourages you to role-play, explore, and experiment a lot with different classes and abilities. It's the opposite experience of chewing a piece of gum...taste keeps getting better the longer you chew on it.

It may not always hold your hands, and some story elements and lore are purposely kept vague. As a result, you may miss out on key encounters and plot development from your first play-through depending on the path taken and decisions you make. But that's perfectly fine because DD also borrows a bit from the
reincarnation
concept (<-- real spoiler here if you haven't played previously). You're meant to experience things a bit differently in subsequent play-through(s) with your newfound knowledge.

Loxley

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Yessssssss. Thanks for the update!

Miker

Pre-order incentives, eh? I wonder what it'll be. I'm hoping it's something more substantial than digital artbook and soundtrack.

Akronis

Guys, high framerates were already confirmed lol.

Now we just need confirmation that they're bumping texture quality up and adding HBAO+ and we'll be golden.

Klossen

Banned
Pre-order incentives, eh? I wonder what it'll be. I'm hoping it's something more substantial than digital artbook and soundtrack.

No please no. Pre-order incentives should be added extras, not substantial content. The more you add to a pre-order, the less you leave for the actual game. What kind of content did you think more specifically?

Any word if the PC version will have the Into Free intro? I guess we could always just mod it in.

Miker

No please no. Pre-order incentives should be added extras, not substantial content. The more you add to a pre-order, the less you leave for the actual game. What kind of content did you think more specifically?

Any word if the PC version will have the Into Free intro? I guess we could always just mod it in.

Capcom cameo costumes or gear that they could later sell as cheap DLC would be fantastic, like the stuff they did for Monster Hunter.

My favorite pre-order incentive is a lower price.

This also works.

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

So you are saying sengoku basara costumes/armor sets as pre-order incentives right? Perfect, thanks

kubus

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out
You're giving pre-orders exclusive beta access to the localized version of Dragon's Dogma Online? Awwww, thank you :D You shouldn't have <3

(jk, I'm sure whatever you've cooked up is great. As long as it's an extra and not substantial content, like mentioned below :))

totoro'd

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

Awesome! Although i wish we knew what system specs were now as i'm about to start building a new pc :/ can't wait though

Syril

Awesome! Although i wish we knew what system specs were now as i'm about to start building a new pc :/ can't wait though
Is it the same engine that their other console games from that time ran on? All the PC versions of those that I've played run really easily.

Sendero

Wishlist:

1. The original and Arisen had several bugs that (as far as I know), were never fixed. Hope you guys can tackle most of them.

2. Go wild with Graphic options. If cannot be added to the menu, at least put it int a .ini or something, so we can thinker with it.

3. An option (associated to a key) to quickly toggle off/on the UI interface at will --to take clean pictures. It's free advertisement basically.

The community will likely create mods to increase the amount of skill slots (specially for warriors), but any official rebalancing would be welcomed.

January cannot come up soon enough.

PC centric features? Realistically I'd like FOV and Borderless Windowed support. I know nearly every other Capcom PC game only does FXAAHQ3 or whatever it is but I'd love more.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
What is this game exactly? I thought it was a side scrolling beat em up like final fight but it seems to be in 3d? Is it like dark souls or more like gta3?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What is this game exactly? I thought it was a side scrolling beat em up like final fight but it seems to be in 3d? Is it like dark souls or more like gta3?
lol it is neither. It's more like a much smaller Skyrim, but with Capcom-like combat, think less flashy than Devil May Cry but still flashier and a bit less methodical than Monster Hunter. You can also climb monsters à la Shadow of the Colossus.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Can't wait man. Keep us posted please.

You're thinking of Dragon's Crown, I suspect.

This is a third-person open world action RPG with some baller climbing mechanics to clamber around on monsters, a 4-player party (the other 3 are AI driven), and a fucking fantastic giant dungeon in addition to the main story stuff.

Steel

Banned

60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Now I'm wondering if you're teasing workshop support between the lines here.

Good stuff, wbacon.

First and foremost I'm hoping for a stable and technically competent quality port. No performance oddities, no missing effects, (no bugs), a good amount of PC configurations etc.

Everything that goes over that is just icing on the cake.

Lotta unchecked port begging ITT

Who gives a toss? I don't mind if people are asking for a current-gen port, nor do I mind if it releases on additional platforms.

Top Bottom