• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Galactic Adventure Force (Elite-GAF) Thread

Good stuff, Burny and Reckheim. Thanks for all your work on this.

Relevant (from today's Dev Update):

The first batch of player sponsored minor factions has been processed and will be available in the beta build soon. When the CQC update goes live they will migrate onto the live servers. The aim is to release this at the same time as the Xbox One release, so on October 6th. For the minor factions that have been approved we’ve added descriptions to the relevant systems. The few that haven’t been approved will be communicated directly through the community team and we’ll take another look at them when they’re resubmitted. Note that while we can add new minor factions through the server, the text descriptions are client based so will only be updated when there is a client release.

itshappening.gif

Burny

Unfortunately, we won't be among those. The application should go out today though.

I think my post was missed. Is there a google sheet that is public that I can add my name to?

Sorry, didn't get to update the sheet. There is one, but it's not public, yet.

How can you post links that are hidden to viewers who aren't logged in?

Unfortunately, we won't be among those. The application should go out today though.

Sorry, didn't get to update the sheet. There is one, but it's not public, yet.

How can you post links that are hidden to viewers who aren't logged in?

Put it in a blank email tag. Like this (quote my post):

Reckheim

Got a couple of interesting emails from Frontier regarding groups in Elite. See below.

As some of you will have read we are soon going to be going into an open stress test phase with our latest update and we’re calling that period Mayhem.

Mayhem is a series of community events which players can get involved in that will run on the beta servers. The aim of this is to get as many people in as possible to stress test those servers.

We have a host of stuff lined up already and the schedule is looking great. But we’d love to use the opportunity to promote your events and groups too.

The Mayhem period will run between the 21st Sep – 4th Oct. With the servers opening up slightly earlier and potentially closing slightly later. We will have official livestreams, Some special involvement from some well know community streamers and open PVE events.

We’re sending out this invitation to see if any groups would like to hold an event in the beta servers (CQC or the main game) which we would be able to add to the list of events and promote on your behalf.

The events could be anything but the following are a few suggestions that are both serious and less serious.

- Group grudge match - 2 player groups each side has 1 ship each. They come to an agreed Combat Zone at a set time and the players can join in by picking a ship and joining in.

- Anaconda owners club, Cobra appreciation day, Viper parade etc

- Speed landing contests

- Races

- Etc

If you would like to register to run one an event please send us the following details to me and Ed.

- Event name:

- Event organizer (Group or leader):

- Date:

- Time:

- Details (Include location, any sign up forms etc)

Add any other information you want to add such as twitter or website promotional link etc.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Not sure if we are ready for anything that well organised but if anyone has any fun ideas let us know,

Reckheim

Second email is below.

This email is just a little bit of information about Player Group Ranks and what that means. We initially talked about player group ranks on this forum thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=167459

We’ve had an amazing number of groups register and it’s delightful to see so many different styles of play and activity covered amongst them.

In order to make sure that we’re able to support as many community groups as possible we’ve got some ranks and rewards. We’ve listed them at the bottom of this email. The main use of group rankings are internal but there are some benefits for group leaders that grow and develop their way up to the higher ranks. Every group is still able to submit for CGs, Minor Factions and ultimately contest to become a power.

We’ve put your rank down currently as ‘Dangerous’. This is the basic level of group meaning that you have direct contact details for the CM team and we will be informing you of updates and news that you can get involved in like the mayhem events I emailed about earlier. The Dangerous groups range from being small groups of 3 or 4 up to groups a little under 100 people. This is the type of rank for groups that want to be included in the conversation but aren’t as large or active as some of the larger groups.

We’re happy to review, discuss or change ranks if you feel the rank should be different for your group. Remember that with so many groups registered we had to draw an initial line and we could possibly have overlooked some groups.

The finalized ranks and details are below.

Dangerous - Dangerous groups are anyone that wants to be a part of the conversation. The only requirements are that you have a group and want to hear more news and updates from us. These groups will be added to the database and contacted via email when there are events, incentives or information that they might like to know about.

What Dangerous groups can expect from us…

- Regular communications about groups and events
- Direct contact with CM

Elite - Elite groups are groups that have an established and thriving sub-community. They might have an estimate of about 100+ member (but not always), run regular events which can be promoted and are supportive of the ED team and community. These groups will be able to submit their activity to us to be promoted in our newsletters, social media or an events schedule which will be creating in the coming weeks.

What Elite groups can expect from us…

- Community site promotional placement

- Social Media promotion and inclusion in comms chatter for key events where possible

- Access to group leaders’ private forum

- Access to competition and event prizing at Frontier Developments’ discretion

Triple Elite - The largest and most engaged sub communities belong in the ranks of Triple Elite. They are likely to have a huge and super-active community, with many hundreds of active members and are a positive influence to Frontier and the community as a whole.

What Elite groups can expect from us…

- Everything in the Dangerous and Elite categories
- Premium Social Promotion
- VIP invitation to Community Events
- Invitation to monthly Group Summit meetings hosted by CM on Skype with potential guest speakers

Finally it’s important to remember that Player Group Ranks are based on your activity and continuations to the community above all else.

As always if you have any questions at all, would like to discuss the rank or want to know how you can zip into higher ranks, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Reckheim

Looks like the latest beta has player factions in already, I don't think we'll be in this beta but if someone who has access could check that would be great.

I never heard back from Frontier as to whether our system was taken or not so i'm assuming its ours.

Yeah, reddit posted one of their factions (Imperial Inquisition) groups:

rVbMPIt.png

Pretty awesome!

frontieruk

read bump for news, our submission failed due to the description being to long, Reckheim has cut it down and resubmitted...

post-29966-ITS-HAPPENING-gif-Ron-Paul-HD-xThK.gif

Burny

Yay! I think we could keep the long version of the text, at least as fluff for the Galactic Adventure Force. ;)

With a bit of luck, it'll get added into the 1.4 release maybe?

The next interesting thing in terms of groups will be what communication features and group features they'll implement in the game. I still think that a kind of IRC channel or XMPP chat would be handy though. Does anybody have one handy?

frontieruk

Yay! I think we could keep the long version of the text, at least as fluff for the Galactic Adventure Force. ;)

With a bit of luck, it'll get added into the 1.4 release maybe?

The next interesting thing in terms of groups will be what communication features and group features they'll implement in the game. I still think that a kind of IRC channel or XMPP chat would be handy though. Does anybody have one handy?

I've got a 10 person teamspeak server not being used atm... I could probably look to getting more users if needed

Whenever possible, I use the in-game chat, because that NASA comms filter is so fucking satisfying...but I understand it's not completely practical for our group :)

frontieruk

Whenever possible, I use the in-game chat, because that NASA comms filter is so fucking satisfying...but I understand it's not completely practical for our group :)

never used the in game chat option, that does sound awesome.

I've used it in two full wings, people talking over each other just turns it into a crackling mess as no one can tell if someone just started or finished or cut off to let someone else speak so you'd have to go full on with completing sentences with 'over' or something.

The other issue is if someone's Mic picks up the sound from the speakers, again it becomes a crackling mess. And of course you are limited to the wing.

Well, people talking over one another is just a reality of any group voice channel. More people you have, the worse it gets.

They need to add PTT, though. That would solve the issue of it picking up audio from the computer (which honestly never happens to me and shouldn't happen, provided your mic is properly set up and you are using a headset--which you should be, of course :) )

frontieruk

Well, people talking over one another is just a reality of any group voice channel. More people you have, the worse it gets.

They need to add PTT, though. That would solve the issue of it picking up audio from the computer (which honestly never happens to me and shouldn't happen, provided your mic is properly set up and you are using a headset--which you should be, of course :) )

Yeah I understand that but generally you don't get the static crackles that signal the incoming comms or the end of it, which furthers the mess as people try figuring out when to talk.

frontieruk

Awesome! Should I be getting my buns over to Apam Napat post haste?

The submission has been made, it took about 15minutes for me to make it from Apam Napat to Eravate so unless you're out exploring I doubt there is much within the power play systems that will take more than 45mins to get to our home system.

Hylian7

Is it going to actually be in the game in 1.4 or before that? Also do we even have a release date of 1.4 yet? It's been in beta for what feels like a month now.

frontieruk

Is it going to actually be in the game in 1.4 or before that? Also do we even have a release date of 1.4 yet? It's been in beta for what feels like a month now.

In the strive for openness in the development of the NeoGAF faction, and fear of being sued by Derek Smart for the misappropriation of funds by Burny, Reckheim and myself on coke and hookers here is the latest update about the faction

Reckheim said:
Hey Guys,

New email from the developers, looks like we are being added in the second batch (the way they word things is kind of weird since we are on there twice). Regardless, just wanted to keep you in the loop.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
>

Hello everyone.

I wanted to send out a quick update to group leaders on a few topics such as minor factions, Mayhem events and Player Group Rank changes. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions at all.

Minor Factions

Above all, most people have been asking about Minor Factions. To clarify how the process is working the requests are being put into batches and then sent through to the development team. Given the large number of requests and groups we need this process in place to make everything manageable. I know an idea solution would be an automated system but this doesn’t allow us the flexibility to work with each group and also requires time to implement.

The first batch of minor factions have gone and come back. A few requests were not possible to complete and they received an email separately.

We are currently compiling a second batch to go over. The first groups that have been added (possibly with some minor changes or missing descriptions – if so get in touch, are at the bottom of this email).

Mayhem and EGX

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken a part in Mayhem so far. We’ve seen so many awesome groups and leaders taking part. There are still some more events to come which I’m mentioning below, please do check out the main thread and help your groups get involved. https://community.elitedangerous.com/node/290

==

Hutton Orbital vs CODE (Saturday 8pm BST) – This mammoth match up needs your help. Both sides have done a fantastic job of getting behind this event as well as getting active in the community generally. Now I don’t want to show any bias but I am calling on all Pirate crews to band together to quash this rebellion and destroy the evil Senator Van-tay-un and Princess Psykokow .

Imagine how bad this will be if a Trucker group manages to pull enough people to defeat one of the best known and disreputable (in the best way possible) groups in the game? I think it is all of our moral duty to stand strong and say “You shall not pass”. If you want to lend your lances to the CODE, send me an email ASAP and we will get you in touch and promote your support. Can the Mercenary legions of Merc of Mikunn help or the Pirate group of Ronin of Amarak (Cmon Bastian!).

==

Sidewinder sports day – On Sunday 2pm BST – Kate Russell and a group of the most well known community members will be helping to bring a full day of fun and events. Get involved by promoting and getting involved here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteSportsDay/

==

Also on the Saturday you have the Capture the Team from Elysium Corp at 6pm and the Mayhem open from the Elite Racers. If you’d like to get involved please do!

==

There are loads of other activities still happening tonight, and tomorrow too on the Elite One subreddit and all star stream teams including an all girl team and the Bad New Gaming team

==

Ranks

As we always mentioned when we started the ranks, we want to continuously look at and review the groups we’ve decided to increase a number of people into the Elite groups, meaning they gain access to the group leaders forum and prizing for competitions if they seem like engaging content for the community. In addition we’re moving 3 groups into the top tier. Again, we will be looking to do more of this over the coming weeks/months.

I would like to remind people that these really are just an internal way of being able to manage hundreds of groups and many, many thousands of players within those. None of the groups at any tier have a greater impact on the development of the game and we’ll be looking at how we can make the process more transparent in future.

If you feel any of the ranks are wrong or you would like have your rank changed, let me know. J

New Elite groups

Independent Pilots Consortium

Titan Industries

Adle's Armada

Contrail

Northern Light

B.I.G. - Balkan Intergalactic Guerilla

The Shadow Navy

Fate Unknown

Les Corsaires de l'Empire

The Black Raid

Agents of the Future

Operation Winter

Earth Defense Fleet

The Dark Armada

Knights of the Black

Dutch Gladiators

EDGE Foundation

The Red Hand

Ghost squadron

Grumpy Old Billionaires

Federal Navy Elite

Delaine's

Reign Of Annihilation

ARC

FireBird Wing

Senatus Populusque Romanus (SPQR)

Emperors Fist

First Imperial Armada

Elite German Commanders

The Allies

Nix Gravis Gaming

Ronin of Amarak

EG PILOTS

Imperial Blood Serpents

Elysium Corp

The Gathering

KamadhenuChapterhouse of Inquisition

Marias Mining Corporation

Obsidian

Pilotos Libres de la Alianza

Sirius inc

The White Templars

Aurora Skies Force

Traxus Industries

Bacon Cats

C.O.N.T.R.A.I.L

Children of Raxxla

TRIADIUS

The Kuun-Lan

Blood Brothers from Alrai [BBfA]

DCS corp

Bloodhounds

NeoGAF

Elite Space Corporation (ESC)

Federal Rangers

Pileus Libertas

Better Red Than Dead (BRTD)

The Golden Armada

katamari Group

Team Raven

Octavian Vanguard

Little Norway

MDK Gaming

Dark Society Network

Eidolon Order

Corvos

Terra Prime

HFR

Dead Men Walking

Golly

Alliance Office of Statistics

Crimson Mining and Salvage

306th Utopian Squadron

Covenant of Helios

Los Centinelas

The Rangers

The Terran Trade Authority

Sleeper Service

Ice Storm Squadron (ISS)

Eagle Corporation

Twilight of the Gods [TotG]

Loren's Legion

Kumo Crew

Olympus Corporation

ARPC

51THMassilia

Bravo's Tactical

==

Newly added top tier groups

Elite: Dangerous subreddit

The Code

Mercs of Mikunn

==

Below are the minor factions that have been accepted in the first batch and then the list that we currently have for the second batch.

If you aren’t on the list, check your emails for a reply and if you are unable to find a reply email in to groups@elitedangerous.com and we can take a look.

Batch 1 minor faction confirmations

Varangian Syndicate

Adle's Armada

The Guardians of Tranquillity

Ghost Squadron

Cosmic State

Guardians of the Core

Les Corsaires de l'Empire

Orden de Comandantes Imperiales

Marias Mining Corporation

Aisling Duval - Prismatic Imperium Facebook Group

Pixel Bandits Security Force

Dark Echo

Pileus Libertas

Traxus Industries

Independent Pilots Consortium

Sicarian Combat and Logistics Division

Sons of Icarus

Kamadhenu Chapterhouse of Inquisition

Better Red Than Dead (BRTD)

Elite: Dangerous Italian Community

Minutemen or ED Minutemen

Children of Raxxla

Thug Life

Woyo Mina Ghosts

Lavigny's Legion

Corvos

Bacon Cats

Little Norway

Sitakapan Loyalists

Elysium Corp

Agents of Mobius

METTA

The Phoenix Group

Angeli Imperial

Reign Of Annihilation

Elite Secret Service

Black Birds Squadron

The Syndicate

SPQR

DaVinci Corp.

Time of Chaos

The Kuun-Lan

8th Dragon Squadron

The Golden Armada

The Trans Galactic Slave Trade Corporation

6th Interstellar Corps

The Canonn

Imperator's Shield

The Dark Armada

The Imperial Inquisition

The Code

Blood Brothers from Alrai

TnT

Silver Skulls

MDK Gaming

XYZ

Titan Industries

Pilotos Libres de la Alianza

Earth Defense Fleet

Cyro Sunrise Horizons

Angel Rose independents

Sons of Seven Lords

FireBird Wing

Dark Society Network

Federal Reconnaissance Office

EDC Guardians

Big Harry's Boys

Elite One

ARC

Batch 2 minor faction current list of new or edits requested.

Dark Society Network

Los Centinelas

Corbago Corsairs

Emperor`s Grace

The Gathering

NeoGAF

Katamari Group

The Imperial Inquisition

Operation Winter

AEDC

Federal Rangers

Dead Men Walking

Snakes of Sven

Imperial Federalist Labour Party of Veloxi's Vixens

TnT

Imperator's Shield

L.Y.S Agents

Bukurnabal Brokers

Black Aegis

Stars of Duval

Brazilian League of Pilots

Social Eleu Progressive Party

Elite One

Crimson Mining and Salvage

Aurora Skies Force

Hutton Orbital Truckers

The Shadow Navy

Elite German Commanders

Achenar Immortals

Off World Corp

Elite Dangerous Community

EG Pilots

DCS Corp

ARPC

51THMassilia

Nix Gravis Gaming

Ronin of Amarak

Dark Echo

Council of Discord

Loren's Legion

The Black Fleet

Bravo's Tactical

Adle's Armada

Delta Squadron

Communism Interstellar

The Fuel Rats

Zac Antonaci

Head of Community

Frontier Developments

I read this as being on the new list about to be added to the game, so it looks like all systems are go!.

Burny

They seem to distinguish between player groups and minor factions. The latter being added as an entity into the game. So, a minor faction is being backed by a group of players.

We might just make the official 1.4 release. :D

frontieruk

They seem to distinguish between player groups and minor factions. The latter being added as an entity into the game. So, a minor faction is being backed by a group of players.

We might just make the official 1.4 release. :D

Here's hoping

I don't play E:D super often, but I really like the game and would like to be part of the NeoGAF faction. I have a couple questions, and I don't know if we have an answer to them yet:

What's the max size of the faction?
How active will we need to be to stay in?
Can I be added?

I'm gonna have to find my way over to Apam Napat some time.

frontieruk

I don't play E:D super often, but I really like the game and would like to be part of the NeoGAF faction. I have a couple questions, and I don't know if we have an answer to them yet:

What's the max size of the faction?
How active will we need to be to stay in?
Can I be added?

I'm gonna have to find my way over to Apam Napat some time.

We can be as small or large as we want, we can last forever as long as other factions don't destroy us, and the more the merrier ;)

Great, so now we have three big targets painted on our ships :p

In other news--any word on whether or not our group actually made it into 1.4?

Reckheim

Great, so now we have three big targets painted on our ships :p

In other news--any word on whether or not our group actually made it into 1.4?

Unfortunately I wont be able to check anytime soon my self but if someone could fly over to apam napat to check, it'd be much appreciated.

frontieruk

Unfortunately I wont be able to check anytime soon my self but if someone could fly over to apam napat to check, it'd be much appreciated.

I'm pretty much there on Xbox but I'm having issues... Love the new dash not so fond of reporting bugs... Lol

Edit *

No at least not on the Xbox, will boot the PC tomorrow and check.

hunchback

I'm really interested in this game. I have a few questions for the people that are playing.
Is this game kind of like Eve online but without the real life money involved? If one of our members gets ambushed or whatever, are we allowed to retaliate? And my last question, is it recommended that I have the XB1 Elite controller for this game? Thanks for any info.

I'm really interested in this game. I have a few questions for the people that are playing.
Is this game kind of like Eve online but without the real life money involved? If one of our members gets ambushed or whatever, are we allowed to retaliate? And my last question, is it recommended that I have the XB1 Elite controller for this game? Thanks for any info.

I don't know much about Eve, but I've heard the comparisons before. Check out this Elite v Eve FAQ.

Elite: Dangerous is pay once and play, therefore does not have a periodic subscription like EVE Online.
Another major difference is that in EVE everybody within a star system is in one big instance and when there are too many people within it they slow down the update rate of the game.
Elite: Dangerous features dynamically created free roaming multiplayer instances, based on perception bubble, that are decoupled from the star systems themselves (but you can also play solo).
Due to a lot less network traffic, this allows Elite: Dangerous to have twitch based action instead of classic MMO click 'n' roll (where actual world updates are comparatively slow depending on server load and all attacks are calculated on servers using modified D&D system) which is used in EVE.
That means that Elite: Dangerous combat is twitch skill based.
An important difference is that EVE's economy is totally player driven - so to have ships and weapons in the game have to be manufactured by players themselves, by collecting resources and providing them to factories. Elite: Dangerous uses an economic model that drives NPCs to simulate the flow of products, which also have all player trades as input to the shared universe.
Another important difference is that EVE has a lot of empire building and RTS elements, while Elite is what it would be like to be a spacefarer in a galaxy from a first person’s perspective.
PVP also has some differences which are explained here.
The Elite: Dangerous galaxy is based on the real Milky Way and planets will rotate and orbit their stars, thus constantly changing a system's landscape and adding lot of depth - and it has around 100 billion star systems, as opposed to EVE where the planets are static and don't move.
Elite: Dangerous has freeform (manual pitch/yaw/roll) interplanetary fast travel up to 2000 times the speed of light (2000C) and you are able to seamlessly enter hyperspace from anywhere to another star. EVE on the other hand has point & click travel and you must fly to a jump gate to enter another star system.
A major feature that Elite: Dangerous will have is freeform (manual pitch/yaw/roll) atmospheric flight and seamless landing on planets and walking on living planets with cities and wildlife as part of expansions.

Currently, your scenario is perfectly allowable--but attacking other factions does have consequences. They JUST added player factions to the game, so things could definitely get very interesting on that front soon.

frontieruk

I don't know much about Eve, but I've heard the comparisons before. Check out this Elite v Eve FAQ.

Currently, your scenario is perfectly allowable--but attacking other factions does have consequences. They JUST added player factions to the game, so things could definitely get very interesting on that front soon.

My understanding is player factions grow by the players doing jobs from the bulletin boards in their system/s, a story can be submitted via galnet to justify things such as needing medical supplies etc, there can even be CG arranged.

hunchback

Thank you very much for that info. Count me in. I definitely want to be a member of Neo Galactic Adventure Force if you'll have me as a member? I'll download the game this evening. Do I come back and post my GT or game name?
This gives me a reason to pick up the Elite controller. I do want to mention that I'm a disabled gamer and can usually only play 3 nights a week. Let me know if that isn't enough.

frontieruk

Thank you very much for that info. Count me in. I definitely want to be a member of Neo Galactic Adventure Force if you'll have me as a member? I'll download the game this evening. Do I come back and post my GT or game name?
This gives me a reason to pick up the Elite controller. I do want to mention that I'm a disabled gamer and can usually only play 3 nights a week. Let me know if that isn't enough.

You play more than me ;) work is a bitch but I can organise and co-ordinate what's occurring, feel free to add me frontieruk.

Reckheim

Great news everyone, we'll be in the game soon. see email below from the Devs.

Batch 2 is about to go out. Please see the list of groups that will be going through. Some of these are edits. If your faction is already in the game and you’ve requested an edit. This will be on here.

If you are not on the list please resend the request to me. Make sure you check the details on the groups forum for what information needs to be sent.

Batch 2 will go in as a server side update so it won’t need to wait until 1.5. Once the devs have reviewed it then we will be able to let people know if anyone isn’t able to be added. Any new requests will be added to batch 3. J

I didn't post the entire list but we are definitely there :).

Just parked my Python at Majida Station in Apam Napat. Nice little system here. It's Medium Security so I'm not sure how great the RES will be for making real money but it's nice that they are their for doing bulletin board missions.

frontieruk

Just parked my Python at Majida Station in Apam Napat. Nice little system here. It's Medium Security so I'm not sure how great the RES will be for making real money but it's nice that they are their for doing bulletin board missions.

But it is pretty and high tech with several high res and war zones so you know space and all that ;)

frontieruk

Just took a look around found a system 23lys away selling anacondas and vultures, left myself a sidey there to remind me, heading back to our system now to start building funds for that vulture seeing as we have some hunting grounds to play in

Top Bottom