• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Team Bringing Fallout 4 to Life: 2 Part, 20 Minute E3 Panel

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The Team Building Fallout 4 to Life, Part 1

The Team Building Fallout 4 to Life, Part 2

Most of this is old news seeing as this was recorded at E3 and covered by news outlets who were in attendence, but for those not closely following the game since then some of this might be new and worthwhile and a lot of it was not all reported together so here it is altogether.

Part 1 is 13 minutes with some of the lead devs discussing the game and Part 2 brings in the two main VAs and VA Director for a quick 6 1/2 minute piece, but it's pretty informative as well.

It's got to be pretty insane to work on a game for nearly 3 doing VA and yet never being able to tell anyone what you are doing. Pretty much all other instances of VA in gaming and elsewhere is normally a really quick turnaround. You go in, do you work in a few days or weeks at most and then the product is out in a couple months at most. I can't think of many other instances outside of TV where actors are able to spend so much time with a character, and none where they do so in secret.

I wish they had gotten more time to let Todd explain the whole selection process too. Would be interesting to learn just how many actors they tested out and what exactly they did to determine that Brian and Courtenay were the best.

MattyG

Banned
Pointing at Todd: "And you guys don't need to welcome..."

Todd:
1507.gif

Seriously though, I'd completely forgot about this. Glad they put it up.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Pointing at Todd: "And you guys don't need to welcome..."

Yeah he bungled the "Needs no introduction," thing pretty bad.

The so many places are open statement made me very happy. I still have hope that a majority of the game world won't be broken up by loading screens, though some areas, likely the larger buildings and locations will require some kind of load break.

Really like the talk of how they wanted to capture that city feeling and density. It would be great to really feel like you're exploring a real city and not just 4 blocks of one. As well I liked how they hinted that society in FO4 might be more on the rise and rebuilt than just wallowing in the destruction and loss of the old world.

Klendathu

Really happy to see they're releasing more videos as the game draws closer! I also like that they're spoiling nothing at all.

Venture

Just found these this morning and was searching to see if anyone had made a topic yet. Good interview, it just ended way too quickly. Gives me a little more confidence in the voice acting at least. The world building aspect is a huge addition that doesn't seem to be getting as much attention as it deserves.

These videos are great and some of the details shared, like the emphasis the team wants to place on characters moving forward with civilization, and the environmental and atmospheric diversity, would really quell some fears if the rest of GAF bothers to give these videos a chance.

Top Bottom