• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY |OT| Volume 5 starts October 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vol. 3 Premiere Announced: Oct 31 (sponsors) / Nov 1 ( non-sponsors)

I may have posted this prematurely - found it on twitter after the official RT twitter made some vague tweets about RWBY, but there doesn't seem to be anything official, and the NYCC panel isn't until Thursday Night. Either someone leaked something early, or I got tricked by someone bullshitting.

EDIT: Yup. Turns out it's Bullshit. Sorry for raising the alarm. Hopefully we'll get a real answer Thursday.

Welp, you know th can punishment for untrue news. You have to draw a fan art. G'luck.

I have this one I modeled a year or so ago. It's the Gun Gun, based on a joke Miles made during the first RTX RWBY panel.

the_gun_gun_by_n_zero-d7s96kq.jpg

Aww, dangit. Thanks anyway Jorok.

I'll keep an eye out for the actual panel tomorrow night, and double check before I post anything I find here.

http://nycc15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=122

Wanderer5

Well looks like there be no delay to get the tournament going with that scene being in the first episode. Can't wait for this volume to get started.

Don't mean to be a downer but my first thought was of how happy Monty would have been to see this.

Still, I'm really excited to see how things turn out with the tournament being a focus this volume.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm gonna ask a to change the thread title later. Any witty ideas?

Vytal Information for Your Everday Life

EDIT: New screen from Facebook:

12113287_925522607507275_8766508551173045816_o.jpg

Happy "Best people in the world Day!" AKA #RTCommmunityDay!

One of our favorite parts of the community is your awesome fan art! Show off your #RWBY fan art in the comments below smile emoticon

Also, we may have a little surprise in store for you later today... but keep that between us wink emoticon

coolasj19

Season 3 Intro Posted:
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-season-3-volume-3-intro
Qrow and Winter appear, as well as a still of a team that appears to be Qrow, Raven, Summer Rose and possibly Taiyang.
Ehhhhhhh. Probably the weakest intro. Very odd. Seemed very amateur. Or something.
It fits! I'll do it tomorrow. And it's actually Vanilla's place to ask for title changes, lol.
EDIT:
oh my god dude.

Season 3 Intro Posted:

http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-season-3-volume-3-intro

Qrow and Winter appear, as well as a still of a team that appears to be Qrow, Raven, Summer Rose and possibly Taiyang.

EDIT: More OT Suggestions:

Winter is Coming
To Schnee or Not to Schnee
Prepare to Eat Qrow

That part at the beginning with the rose....

HjF24Ik.gif

Ehhhhhhh. Probably the weakest intro. Very odd. Seemed very amateur. Or something.

It fits! I'll do it tomorrow. And it's actually Vanilla's place to ask for title changes, lol.
EDIT:
oh my god dude.

So you want me to request a title change to the one you put in your Title post header thing?

I'm not seeing what everyone else apparently is. I mean, I watched the YT upload but I don't think the quality is any different. At least not that I can notice.

The trailer does have less action but it seems like the intro foreshadows heavier plot elements this year.

coolasj19

I'm not seeing what everyone else apparently is. I mean, I watched the YT upload but I don't think the quality is any different. At least not that I can notice.
The trailer does have less action but it seems like the intro foreshadows heavier plot elements this year.
Felt kind of amateurish. At the very least way too obvious.

🎵Mirrors will shatterrr🎵
*mirror shatters*

I can't handle those speed lines. Especially not when used like that.

🎵When it falllllllls🎵
*shot of group falling*

Just... it's like a fan made AMV. Doesn't help that song completely changed after the first 10 seconds from an piano thing to just rocking out. It really set the mood and then just destroyed it. Once again, pretty sure it'll grow on me. But I'm just trying to elaborate.

Felt kind of amateurish. At the very least way too obvious.

🎵Mirrors will shatterrr🎵
*mirror shatters*

I can't handle those speed lines. Especially not when used like that.

🎵When it falllllllls🎵
*shot of group falling*

Just... it's like a fan made AMV. Doesn't help that song completely changed after the first 10 seconds from an piano thing to just rocking out. It really set the mood and then just destroyed it. Once again, pretty sure it'll grow on me. But I'm just trying to elaborate.

So having read this I went back to watch the openings for the previous seasons...

S1 starts out rocking immediately with the music and the lyrics talk about being an innocent child with Ruby in the signature red hood then talk about how she's a warrior then Ruby dashes off. Towards the end it talks about being in a new age/evolution as it shows the airship. So not exactly a 1:1 but it has those elements. Though I'd say having a bit of an air of mystery was likely the goal there.

S2 starts a bit slower with minimal instrumentation and the vocals and then quickly ramps up into full on rocking. Again you have parallels with lyrics. "we can't just wait until they think we're ready" while showing the teaching staff. "Our enemies are gathering" while showing the collected antagonists. "A storm is going down(?)" while Ruby and the rest of the protags are falling through the sky...

So.. to me, it doesn't seem like S3's opening is that much of a departure. There's less time for the song to build up, sure. But I also think that's an accurate portrayal of where the show itself is. The scene has been set and we mostly know who the major players are. Quality wise, the animation looks as good or better than previous season openers.

I think, to an extent, Monty's passing has people wondering if the quality will still be there. And that's a fair question to have. But I also think that wondering that has made and will continue to make people look at everything a bit more critically, to see if they DO feel the quality has changed. And it may actually change after all. I just don't think this opener shows that.

Anko

I believe the animation from the clip is unfinished. I'm sure it will look much better when the first two episodes come out.

I hope so...

There's not nearly enough action in the OP to judge either. Neo's movement should be quite a challenge. If anything, I think it'd be easiest to tell there.

In terms of OP, I still like the first one best.

naeS

I really like the intro. The song was awesome, foreshadowing was good. Can't wait to branch into the Qrow/Raven/Summer/Taiyang storyline.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The way stuff is cut is actually pretty different. In the S2 opening you have one action scene dynamically transitioning into the next as characters replace each other in near identical poses. S3's opening sort of seems like it wants to emulate that but doesn't come to follow through. It feels weird.

Kthulhu

I hope so...

There's not nearly enough action in the OP to judge either. Neo's movement should be quite a challenge. If anything, I think it'd be easiest to tell there.

In terms of OP, I still like the first one best.

IMO it look unpolished similar to previews they have shown us in the past. The volume 2 previews looked like crap compared to the final version.

I think the OP is the "worst" so far, but it's not bad.

Kyuur

I don't get the OP complaints, feels the same as others and definitely more visually polished! I think its the best of the 3 OP actually, music aside (2 wins there).

Volume 2 was probably the weakest intro to me, mainly due to the filters used on many of the shots. They made the visuals look over-compressed instead of achieving the painted look I think they were going for.

This intro is definitely very strong, visually. Musically, I don't like it as much, but I also didn't like "Time to Say Goodbye" over "This Will Be the Day," and now I like them both, so it may just be that its a jarring change.

This intro, combined with Yang's exposition dump to Blake last volume, confirms that Raven is indeed Yang's mother, surprising no one except for a segment of the fanbase who were in some special form of denial.

Wanderer5

Good shot of Qrow's Team there.

Summer Rose wore a white cloak eh? Well looking back at the first opening, there was the white cloak figure shown at her grave.

Also looks like Qrow's Sycthe has a sword form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom