• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and his Blob rated (USK) for PSV/4/XB1/PC

Q7ptToQ.jpg

http://www.usk.de/en/search-for-tit...=Title&cHash=b702b0e569fc0b029fa8a704e0a58d1b

Pegi Rating
J1Ch5zf.png

RK128

Interesting, so the Vita is getting its first WayFoward game through A Boy and his Blob first before the Shantae series lands on it :D!

I heard great things about their take on the classic IP, so I hope it comes out soon and that the game feels right on the Vita, PS4, Xbox One and PC when it launches :).

Thank you for sharing this with us OP :D!

Edit: Made a mistake; they also made Book of Memories and an Adventure Time game on Vita. Sorry for the mistake everyone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great news. Blob is one of the few Wii games I have an interest in... although I just realised that, since I have a Wii U, I could have played the Wii version by now (the IR port on my Wii is buggered, but I still have a Motion+ controller).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Great news. Blob is one of the few Wii games I have an interest in and the IR port on my system is buggered.

Hmm? Did it come out digitally ever? I have the disc still.

edit: Nevermind, you edited that out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh man, this is awesome. I've wanted to play this game since it came out, but never quite got around to it. I guess now I don't have any excuse.

B4s5C

I always confuse this game and de Blob.

Maybe a PS+ game?

Side note: Since THQ went under, who owns de Blob IP?

Edit: Nordic Games does apparently

SuomiDude

Got the Wii version for 5€ and it's one of the best 5€ I've spent on a game. Nice, cute (though pretty dark at times as well) puzzle/platformers. Really recommend it (no matter the platform).

This is great news. One of my all-time favorite games for the Wii. I actually just played it this last week so it's a pretty interesting coincidence this got announced out of the blue.

I would love if it came to Wii U as well since I'm assuming it's getting an HD update.

Very worth it. Don't hesitate.

I hope it's a new game and I hope it's more like the original in tone. I much prefer "1980s adventure film story" to the sweet, cute stuff from Wii.

Yes, I do have a heart. I promise

Absolutely wonderful game. Check it out. It's a superb puzzle-platformer with a lot of heart.

There's also a dedicated hug button.

Would love for a Wii U port as well.

joe2187

Banned
I played the original on the Nintendo along time ago and had a lot of fun with that.

cant wait to try it on the Vita.

Assuming a port, if this has HD sprite art, it'll be hard to resist picking up. It's a nicely designed game and charming as all get out.

Qwark

Yes! I freaking loved A Boy And His Blob! It's an adorable puzzle platformer with a hug button. The main game is fairly simple, but the side puzzles can be very tricky. I wrote a blog post about it here.

How strange, I was just thinking about this game a few days ago.

I would have never have guessed beforehand such a lovely game would be spawned from a remake of a really bad NES obscurity. Time to wreck that hug button again.

khaaan

Wii U am cry :(

I'm happy to see it coming to the Vita though, will definitely grab it there.

What is the gameplay like btw? Beyond being incredibly cute.

Puzzle platformer where you feed the blob jelly beans (unlimited) which causes it to transform into things like a ladder or a heavy weight.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looking forward to this.

dadjumper

I mean, a re-release makes sense because graphics is what that game had. That said, I didn't enjoy playing it enough to get past the third or so level, so I don't think I'll be picking it up again.

Fasty

Woah this is totally unexpected!! I searched for this EVERYWHERE in Australia when it was released and couldn't find it anywhere, leading me to believe it was never actually released here. The fact that it's coming to Vita is unbelievably exciting!

Top Bottom