• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Main Pipeline Series 2016-2017 (RE, MonHun, DMC, DR, SF)

De_Legend

Banned
By far the oddest franchise for them

DR1 - Xbox Exclusive
DR2: Case Zero - Xbox Exclusive
DR2:Case West - Xbox Exclusive
DR2 - PS3, 360, and PC
DR2:OTR - PS3, 360, and PC
DR3 - Xbox and PC

If DR4 comes back to PS4, I wonder what they do story wise.

Yeah, it's hard to tell what they'll do.

Another Capcom fighter from the UMVC3 team(Eighting) for XB1/PS4 please. If I can't have Darkstalkers or Rival Schools, a Capcom All Stars game will do.....

And also Dragon's Dogma 2............Dragon's Dogma 2. :p. Also lol, no Deep Down huh?

Rymuth

It's coming baby

FlOy96K.gif

tumblr_n0cpp9fflP1sia4voo1_400.gif

Anyone still doubts that DMC5 is indeed being made? =P

Can't wait. Also, please add DD to that list Capcpom =X
And God Hand

ezekial45

Banned
Just curious, but did Strider underperform for Capcom? I was really hoping they'd do more with that after how well the last game turned out.

Vena

Seems odd that Monster Hunter X counts as a separate series when listing releases, but Monster Hunter Stories doesn't.

Monster Hunter Stories might be included in the "other series" category. I'm sure the "Monster Hunter series" tab is for the next mainline Monster Hunter, which should already be in development.

Stories is directly tied to the MonHun brand and has been a big project for them for the last several years. Its meant as a more kid-friendly entry point into the series. It is a spin-off but in a "for the core franchise's future" sort of way, rather than MHX which is a spin-off for the current core base. I would imagine they would consider it a growth point for the series (and as such part of the core series even if it isn't a direct numbered sequel). Its not going to be included in "other" as they have high hopes for the title to resonate with children and younger demos, particularly as the 3DS and all Nintendo consoles (past and future) are awash with them.

MH5 targets the core, MH:Stories looks to expand it into the younger demographics.

Wonder if we'll see Monster Hunter on a Sony console again in the future or if it'll be on NX. Or both.

MHFO2.

The rest will depend on how long the PS4 continues to struggle in Japan, and how the NX does in the coming year or two.

Just to be sure, so this pic shows Capcom's plans till the end of 2017's fiscal year, right? So it means that we'll get new DMC, RE and DR before 31 March 2017, right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just to be sure, so this pic shows Capcom's plans till the end of 2017's fiscal year, right? So it means that we'll get new DMC, RE and DR before 31 March 2017, right?

You can't really read too much into it. Plans change. The takeaway is really just that these series are planned to have titles in the near future.

You can't really read too much into it. Plans change. The takeaway is really just that these series are planned to have titles in the near future.
Oh, Okay. Well, it's still good enough for me. Just knowing that we are getting a new DMC is enough for now :)
The 2017 fiscal year ends March 2018, if I'm not mistaken.

DMC5, Q1 2017. Bank on it.
Oh Yeah, you are absolutely right. My bad.

So it can be while before they announce anything. If they indeed do plan to release it at Q1 2017 then I think there might be a chance of it being announced at PSX in December. After all they did the same with Street Fighter V.

Sesha

Verendus said we could expect DMC5 to release some time in 2017, and ever since DMC2 the series has released in the first quarter of the given year.

But I'm not basing this prediction on Verendus' comment. I've thought Q1 2017 was likely for a while. It lines up with their 2.5 year release schedule which they previously stated, and it seems like the most obvious window for it. If we have an announcement before the end of the year or early next year, it's going to be another year before release, at least.

BokehKing

Banned
Chance for us to get a next ten ps4/X1 monster hunter? I like the game but I'm just too old to be messing around with a DS, they were a lot better in the late 80's on road trips, or was that the early 90's, game boy was green at the time

Or the cynical way to read it is they have titles they fit in that Fiscal Year of March 2015-March 2016, which DMC:DE/DMC4:SE already do. So there's that franchise taken care of.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Or the cynical way to read it is they have titles they fit in that Fiscal Year of March 2015-March 2016, which DMC:DE/DMC4:SE already do. So there's that franchise taken care of.

My only issue with that is DmCDE was released March 10, 2015, so I believe it would have fit within the previous category.

Top Bottom