• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xero273

I should be doing hw said:
Wow, Graces' style system sounds fuck awesome. Any word of this game coming over?

There is an english version of the theme song so the chances are high. I wouldn't say 100% since no one knows what namco is thinking.

bigosc2k said:
Is Tales VS coming to the states?

no news of it coming to states

Shouta

Rpgmonkey said:
The best thing about this system is that it fixes a problem Tales of Destiny PS2 had: having a large movelist, but only a maximum of six slots to equip artes to. This is really annoying when the game you're playing is extremely combo-centric, has a huge emphasis on mixing up your artes, and compared to some Tales games where some of the lesser artes/spells become obsolete when you get stronger stuff, even the most basic artes/spells have a purpose. Now you can do more than use the same 4-6 artes over and over (ignoring selector mode).

TODr has a max of 8 per character, no? X + Directions, R1/L1 and then you could potentially do your own skills in R2/L2 instead of setting someone else's. Been awhile since I've played it but I'm pretty sure you could do that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bigosc2k said:
Is Tales VS coming to the states?
Do you really think they're going to release a fanservice fighter here when people don't even know half the characters in it? (and even then they're not likely to know anyone outside of Symphonia/Vesperia)

Just watched the TGS '09 gameplay and it was the first media I've been exposed to of the game. I realised that I now have a Wii so looking at upcoming games is now worth my time. :D
Looks great graphically, seems to run at a perfect framerate and there seems to be zero battle loading time. I was shocked :lol The last Tales game I played (or tried to) was Abyss on PS2 and the loading/slowdown was awful. The fact that this game has none of is strangely off putting :lol

Question: Is the main character meant to look like Elvis or... Like is Namco aware of this? I mean it looks cool/funky but surely they must have been channeling that when designing him.

Rpgmonkey

Shouta said:
TODr has a max of 8 per character, no? X + Directions, R1/L1 and then you could potentially do your own skills in R2/L2 instead of setting someone else's. Been awhile since I've played it but I'm pretty sure you could do that.

You could assign stuff to R1/L1?

It's been a while since I've played it as well, so I don't remember. :lol

MechaX

Rpgmonkey said:
You could assign stuff to R1/L1?

It's been a while since I've played it as well, so I don't remember. :lol

You could definitely assign stuff to R1/L1 (Although, the most millage I got was assigning Leon's Heal to L1). Don't remember if you could do R2/L2 as well, though.

Geneijin

Shouta said:

Pretty sure L1 is for BC and R1 is to look at enemy info/change target during battle.

Rpgmonkey

They talk about the Arles gauge and Mystic Artes in Jump this week. However, the information they have to say doesn't really say anything, so real detail will have to come from Famitsu next week.

Asbel's Blast Calibur is Juuhagoushouzan, and Sophie's in Critical Blade.

And for buying BoA's single CD, you also get a DLC costume for Cheria.

Looking a Vesperia PS3 and this, it looks like they figured out how to "properly" use DLC to milk Tales games...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow so I missed this, I guess because it came out on 360 instead of PS3. What an odd title to be an exclusive, especially after all the Tales games on PS1&2.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dice said:
Wow so I missed this, I guess because it came out on 360 instead of PS3. What an odd title to be an exclusive, especially after all the Tales games on PS1&2.
and SNES, and gamecube, and GameBoy Advance, and DS, and PSP, and Wii...

Yeah, N/B really whores out the Tales franchise big time.

Dice

Well if they ever get around to making one for PS3 I'll probably get it.

FSLink

Banned
Geneijin said:
Pretty sure L1 is for BC and R1 is to look at enemy info/change target during battle.
Yup. So you only had 6, unless you had Narikiri Dolls and switched to the same character. :lol

Looking a Vesperia PS3 and this, it looks like they figured out how to "properly" use DLC to milk Tales games...
Sadly. Though I wish they would "milk" the 360 owners and give us the PS3 extras of Vesperia. I await the Gecko OS codes to activate these "DLC" costumes that are actually hidden in the coding. :D

kiryogi

Banned
I was just thinking. You probably need the jp wii shop channel to get the DLC huh? Is there any work around for domestic wiis? D: It's making me want to get that bundle really bad. Not to mention the art on it is super gorgeous

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/088/G008879/20091105056/

Wow, why do the skits in ToG look so awesome? :eek:

Well I'm sure you already read up on it on that page, but for those who don't know, the skit system (known in this as "Groovy Chat") uses a lot more cut-ins and stuff during the discussion to "pep it up".

Tales of Destiny PS2 did something a tad similar where each character was in a card, and the character's background would change with their emotions and stuff. It was pretty cool.

Graces seems really nice though and it looks to be my favorite style yet. It appears that they might actually look at each other while talking for once, they use more than just talking heads (which usually allows more interesting animations to be used more often), and there seems to be a much greater variety of animations and cut-ins.

Dice

I should be doing hw said:
Earth to Dice, read the thread title.
Yes, it was announced back in April, but I don't import things and there is no confirmation for the US. Isn't it still exclusive to 360 here?

Dice said:
Yes, it was announced back in April, but I don't import things and there is no confirmation for the US. Isn't it still exclusive to 360 here?
For now, but who knows NB is pretty retarded about what they localize and don't. Also, the way you said it before though, it sounded like you didn't know the PS3 version existed at all. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Not his first time in Tales, well first time as main lead, he had a supporting antagonist role in Legendia. Although, I didn't quite connect asbel being Sakurai + Suzaku and the outfit. Had to be on purpose. See Suzumura being Senel in Legendia and having screamed something extremely similar to something else he worked on (SEED Destiny). Maybe a bad joke, but similairities! That said, I've always connected think Cloud when Sakurai is mentioned.

neo2046

Rumor:
according to the VC Koyama Rikiya
Tales of Vesperia will port to Wii
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rikiya_no_kimochi/archives/998161.html

『テイルズ・オブ・ヴェスペリア』は、XBOX、そしてPS3、そしてそして今度は、Wiiでも発売される由、そうそう、劇場版アニメも公開され(ぼ、僕は出ていませんが…。)、それからドラマCDも、続々出ます!!第6巻は、この前、収録したばかり!!こっちは、僕の出番、バッチリたっぷりです!!オンセールの時期は、また改めてお知らせ致しますね!!

Peff

Yeah, Abyss would make much more sense anyways (then again it's Scamco!). But it would be funny if that's how the content of the enhanced port made it to the west :lol

Razien

Banned
AceBandage said:
Or maybe it's Swords of Vesperia.
A first person hack and slash rail game.

First person beat em up guided experience. Six hours, no replay value. Buy it or no more quality games from any publisher.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
He could just be confusing the upcoming ToG release as another ToV port.
Well presumedly he's saying this because he's been conmissioned for a role, so he would have to have a speaking part in Graces for that to be true. Perhaps Duke is a secret character in Graces? Like in the tournament? I don't know, seems kinda weird.

Then again, this is Namco, so perhaps they're just trying to get Tales of games back to its old sales high by releasing it on every platform in existence :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom