• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

kingkitty

You're situation is bad.

Blarg = truth -> you are scum and a claim is only made to provoke a counter reaction.

Blarg = lying -> you're a PR. Tell you what, it is very unlikely you get lynched within the next 24 hours. People have to join the discussion. If there are 10 votes on you, we should halt and give you a chance. If scum tries to turbo we have 4 big suspects. But I don't know if people would agree on something like this. I don't want to be in your shoes.

alright, I'm gonna wash my cat, eat, play Fallout 4, and I'll be back within 24 hours. Thanks for trying to give me an answer Gorlak. Curious to see what others feel about this plan (especially the ones who wouldn't answer my question).

Gorlak

Banned
Except I wasn't. Why would I want anybody to claim their roles right now? I said before that I was making conversation. You are going on about literally ONE line that you are interpretly incorrectly using.

The only scenario in which you want PRs to reveal themselves is the one in which you are scum. No matter how much you try to talk yourself out of this, the line is there for everybody to read and interpretate. I don't think this was a casual line of keeping the conversation going, because we have plenty of discussion. One little slip can be everything you need to catch scum. You aren't convincing me.

Gorlak

Banned
alright, I'm gonna wash my cat, eat, play Fallout 4, and I'll be back within 24 hours. Thanks for trying to give me an answer Gorlak. Curious to see what others feel about this plan (especially the ones who wouldn't answer my question).

No, you stay the fuck here and post a list of your top 3 town and scum players! Give us your read on the game.

Burbeting

Banned

So you won't answer the questions others made, and bail the thread? Interesting.

I have a problem with Kitty claiming PR, and that's that scums might have PR's we don't know about, he could use his own scum PR while making up a believable character role around it (safe claim).

Obviously it would be most strange if he claimed roleblocker or an investigative-type of role. But there could be more.

Miracle

The only scenario in which you want PRs to reveal themselves is the one in which you are scum. No matter how much you try to talk yourself out of this, the line is there for everybody to read and interpretate. I don't think this was a casual line of keeping the conversation going, because we have plenty of discussion. One little slip can be everything you need to catch scum. You aren't convincing me.

Talk myself out of what? What exactly am I talking myself out of? Are you now accusing me of being a Death Eater? Over because you interpreted a line I said differently? What exactly do you want me to say?

Believe what you want if that's what you actually think.

roytheone

So you won't answer the questions others made, and bail the thread? Interesting.

I have a problem with Kitty claiming PR, and that's that scums might have PR's we don't know about, he could use his own scum PR while making up a believable character role around it (safe claim).

Obviously it would be most strange if he claimed roleblocker or an investigative-type of role. But there could be more.

Well, even if kitty has a decent role claim, we will still have blarg claiming he is scum. Just a believable roleclaim will not be enough for me to get off his ass, for that I also need to be convinced blarg is lying.

kingkitty

Well, even if kitty has a decent role claim, we will still have blarg claiming he is scum. Just a believable roleclaim will not be enough for me to get off his ass, for that I also need to be convinced blarg is lying.

how on earth could I even prove that???

unless someone has a special role can that prove his contradiction, and is willing to out themselves over it

it's an unwinnable situation.

Burbeting

Banned
"others"? you mean gorlak

"questions"? you mean a question, which is basically to give a read list

try not to make it seem like a bigger deal Burbeting

Roytheone asked you to answer same question, so I counted it as two people. Okay, not maybe "others", but it is clearly plural.

And I dunno about reads, but top 3 town and top 3 scum could be just a list of names too.

Gorlak

Banned

Oh, the sweet irony. Of all the people you are the one concerned about a believeable claim? But whatever, Kingkitty's current behaviour isn't going to help him. I get the vibe of a catched scum from him, especially the pity post set of my alarm. I'm more concerned that in reaction to his claim somebody else will reveal himself. Any idea how to prevent that? Probably depends on the claim.

Burbeting

Banned
Oh, the sweet irony. Of all the people you are the one concerned about a believeable claim?

My claim is something I know is the truth. It's up to the others, if they believe it or not. Just like it's up to us, if we believe kitty or not.

But my main point in that post was: If Scum makes a claim based on his PR, and we then lynch the Investigator (Blarg) because of it, it would be a big win for Scum. And if kitty is scum, trust me, they will try it.

Flame_AC

What an interesting start to the day.

I was going to head straight for Burb again to start the Day and see where it ends up, but Blarg had to go and change that. I imagine he's telling the truth and KingKitty is a Death Eater. It doesn't make any sense for Blarg to pull this maneuver if he wasn't expecting to die. There's no counter claim for Dumbledore either which would really spice things up (unless that's KingKitty's claim, in which case he's definitely dead). With that said, I won't be voting KingKitty just yet, at least not until a little bit more information comes from him.

For now, I'm with Gorlak on Miracle.

VOTE: Miracle

His (?) subtle attempt at role phishing was very misguided and has only drawn him the ire of people who noticed it. His comment seemed very off the cuff, so to say, as in he was trying to mask it with the rest of his post. I'm curious what others think about Miracle too.

kingkitty

Roytheone asked you to answer same question, so I counted it as two people. Okay, not maybe "others", but it is clearly plural.

And I dunno about reads, but top 3 town and top 3 scum could be just a list of names too.

roytheone never asked me the same question, he asked me about blarg which I already sort of answered.

also it's Day freakin' 2, so I can't pretend I have 100 percent strong enough reads on anyone to say "this person is absolutely scum".

but I will say the person I want sliced and diced right now is Blarg. Either for making a horrible town gambit, or making the most classiest, luxurious mafia gambit ever (for now I'm leaning with the former).

you don't have to agree with my logic, I don't care. I'm in a bind that can only be solved either by somehow proving Blarg is lying (how the hell can I do that), or through my own death.

Gorlak

Banned
But my main point in that post was: If Scum makes a claim based on his PR, and we then lynch the Investigator (Blarg) because of it, it would be a big win for Scum. And if kitty is scum, trust me, they will try it.

I know, making up claims is the best and most enjoyable thing in the game if you are scum! They will try anything, but right now I see the chances of swinging the votes to Blarg as very low.

kingkitty

Oh, the sweet irony. Of all the people you are the one concerned about a believeable claim? But whatever, Kingkitty's current behaviour isn't going to help him. I get the vibe of a catched scum from him, especially the pity post set of my alarm. I'm more concerned that in reaction to his claim somebody else will reveal himself. Any idea how to prevent that? Probably depends on the claim.

Gorlak what was the pity post? link please

roytheone

My claim is something I know is the truth. It's up to the others, if they believe it or not. Just like it's up to us, if we believe kitty or not.

Scum can try, but they will have to go directly against Blarg his claim which will not be easy. Unless kitty has a way to prove his claim or discredit blarg, It will be very hard for him to escape being lynched.

Gorlak

Banned
Kingkitty: If you are town, I'm truly sorry you are in this situation, because it would suck ass. But at the same time you have to make the best out of it. Try to help us win the game. There is a high chance you end up dead today and the best way to contribute is to give us insight into your mind. Who acted scummy, who do you feel can be trusted? What do you make of Miracle or all the people wanting to vote you? Give us anything of course with your reasoning.
You don't have to be 100% sure on anything, most of the time most of the people have wrong reads. Nevertheless they will help us in retrospective to decipher who is who in the game. Don't sit in the corner and cry, try to do the best you can right now.

This was what I was referring to: #1002. The whole "why me? how can I stop this?" doesn't help us. Try to be productive. If you are town you can still win in death with us!

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeks with this craziness going on, are you still planning on revealing what went down last night with you? (I have to say this is the second time you've pulled this wait and see shenanigans and I find it just as tiring here as I did in ONUW.)

In my defense of ONUW I became the Tanner's Wife and wasn't informed of who the Tanner was so 95% of what I said in that game was complete BS. This morning I was actually at work like I said earlier and it was meeting day today so I couldn't really sneak off and play Mafia. :/

Anyway, the fun times of last night. Sadly I didn't wake up with the fun and friendly curse like Blarg has right now, instead I have been informed that I have been Poisoned and I will die in 2 Nights from last night ( so Night 3 ). I'm coming out with this info now for a few reasons.

1. It means we have a Poisoner somewhere. Whether they are Scum or Neutral I have no idea but I feel it's important that everyone else should know and be made aware.

2. I don't want to die. I'm hoping that to counter this Poisoner role there is someone out there who can cure poison via potion or a spell or something. However, if you can do this don't say anything about it. Also, play smart. If you don't feel safe enough to try and save me during the Night that's alright, I would much rather die than someone else get caught up in this.

3. If we have to discuss this, fine, but I would prefer we keep it short and sweet so we can move on and find Scum. There is little to figure out here except for the existence of a role that can poison people.

So, with the limited time I now have, I'm going to go back and see what I can find from Day 1 as well as asses what has already happened today. Blarg v. KingKitty seems to be the topic of the Day so I will start looking on that and get back to you guys.

Miracle

I like this person.

hp+lockhart+laugh.gif

I feel so loved! :D

Gorlak

Banned
3. If we have to discuss this, fine, but I would prefer we keep it short and sweet so we can move on and find Scum. There is little to figure out here except for the existence of a role that can poison people.

Was there anything useful in the message about how you got poisoned? Was it a spell? Anything flavourwise?

Miracle

A poisoner...interesting.

So wait a minute, how many scum is that now?

- there was a Death Eator that killed Swamped
- a Death Eator that investigated Blarg
- and a possible Death Eator that changed the way Blarg would post (if we assume this is also true)
- a Death Eator that poisoned Sawneeks

So that's 4 Death Eators so far assuming all the information is true right?

Sawneeks

Banned
A poisoner...interesting.

So wait a minute, how many scum is that now?

- there was a Death Eator that killed Swamped
- a Death Eator that investigated Blarg
- and a possible Death Eator that changed the way Blarg would post (if we assume this is also true)
- a Death Eator that poisoned Sawneeks

So that's 4 Death Eators so far assuming all the information is true right?

I would argue that whoever targeted me or whoever cursed Blarg's speech could be Neutral. A Neutral Jester makes a little more sense than a Neutral Poisoner so I'm more inclined to think that way. Also don't forget the possibility of a Scum Roleblocker.

Still, 4 Scum in a 28 player game sounds about right given the possible powers they may have.

Gorlak

Banned
Nope, it was very cut-and-dry. I was just told I was poisoned and I will die in 2 Nights.

Is there any way scum would come up with this kind of story to survive another two nights? You're basically safe from any lynch or night action for the next two Days&Nights if this is true, because there is no incentive in interacting with you. A survivor trying to stay alive? Very unlikely, that's why I think you are town and telling us the truth.

kingkitty

Kingkitty: If you are town, I'm truly sorry you are in this situation, because it would suck ass. But at the same time you have to make the best out of it. Try to help us win the game. There is a high chance you end up dead today and the best way to contribute is to give us insight into your mind. Who acted scummy, who do you feel can be trusted? What do you make of Miracle or all the people wanting to vote you? Give us anything of course with your reasoning.
You don't have to be 100% sure on anything, most of the time most of the people have wrong reads. Nevertheless they will help us in retrospective to decipher who is who in the game. Don't sit in the corner and cry, try to do the best you can right now.

This was what I was referring to: #1002. The whole "why me? how can I stop this?" doesn't help us. Try to be productive. If you are town you can still win in death with us!

First off Gorlak, thank you for your thoughts.

Second off, I don't agree with your assertion that I am sitting in a corner crying. And third, I don't agree with your analysis of my supposed "pity post".

Anyways I'll be back within 24 hours.

Miracle

I would argue that whoever targeted me or whoever cursed Blarg's speech could be Neutral. A Neutral Jester makes a little more sense than a Neutral Poisoner so I'm more inclined to think that way. Also don't forget the possibility of a Scum Roleblocker.

Still, 4 Scum in a 28 player game sounds about right given the possible powers they may have.

What does a Jester actually do in this game since I'm new here? In Town of Salem, a Jester is just a role that can only win if he is lynched, then gets to kill anybody that voted to lynch him during the night.

roytheone

Is there any way scum would come up with this kind of story to survive another two nights? You're basically safe from any lynch or night action for the next two Days&Nights if this is true, because there is no incentive in interacting with you. A survivor trying to stay alive? Very unlikely, that's why I think you are town and telling us the truth.

If she was scum, Why would Sawneeks of all people do that? I think she had like 0 suspicion on her and wouldn't be a lynch candidate ,especially with us now focusing on blarg Vs kitty. So I agree that she is probably speaking the truth.

Gorlak

Banned
Let's go meta :( 4/28 seems too low. I think it's minimum 5, maybe 6. We have plenty of previous games to go with 4/23 archer, 3/16 mgs are the ones I was part of. But speculating about this won't help us.

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeks, any idea who could want you dead?

No idea and it's why I plan to go back and read Day 1. I know towards the end of Day 1 a few people put myself and Hyper in the 'most likely to be Town' group so maybe Scum wanted to get rid of one of us but not immediately??

Scum could totally pull this card and it was a reason I was hesitant to say anything right away because this can now become an excuse in the coming Day phases. All a Scum has to do is claim being poisoned and they will be free for 2 Days, only they could run into the problem of living after the 2nd Day and would only just be putting off the inevitable. Still, if a person claims Poison and is acting Scummy don't just give them a free pass 'because they are going to die anyway'.

Gorlak

Banned
First off Gorlak, thank you for your thoughts.

Second off, I don't agree with your assertion that I am sitting in a corner crying. And third, I don't agree with your analysis of my supposed "pity post".

Anyways I'll be back within 24 hours.

This was just my impression, back in Archer I behaved much in the same way when being discovered... and others seem to dislike your reaction as well. And now you are off without supplying the help you are asked of?

Burbeting

Banned

There can be multiple Neutrals. Archer had two, although I can't think of a goal for poisoner/jester Neutrals.

But possibly role blocking, investigating and poisoning scum pr's, with maybe even more? Would be pretty powerful scum team, so I'm inclined to think at least one of those roles would be neutral.

I believe Sawneeks' claim, there would be no reason to push herself forward with it. But, if poisoner is neutral, it doesn't mean Sawneeks is not a scum. Possibilities, possibilities.

Miracle

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if someone in this game gets poisoned, is there no way for said person to get cured? Or is it once that person is poisoned, that's it, they are set to die in two days?

kingkitty

This was just my impression, back in Archer I behaved much in the same way when being discovered... and others seem to dislike your reaction as well. And now you are off without supplying the help you are asked of?

Am I Dobby and you're my owner? If you say jump should I ask "how high"?

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry if this is a stupid question but if someone in this game gets poisoned, is there no way for said person to get cured? Or is it once that person is poisoned, that's it, they are set to die in two days?

Nobody of us can know this for sure with the exception of maybe the poisoner himself or a possible healer... Nothing is written in stone and part of the game is to figure out what kinds of roles and mechanics are implemented.

roytheone

We don't know. There may be a role that can cure her, but we will just have to wait and see.

Miracle

Nobody of us can know this for sure with the exception of maybe the poisoner himself or a possible healer... Nothing is written in stone and part of the game is to figure out what kinds of roles and mechanics are implemented.

Ohhhhh I see. Thanks.

?xc?s? m?, ? ?lr??dy w?n, why h?sn't th? g?m? ?nd?d?

tr?phy pls

btw h?r? ?s my c?tsc?n?, f?r cl?s?r?:

R?LL CR?D?TS

C?ST (?n ?rd?r ?f ?pp??r?nc?)

xIHOKbe.jpg

KW1Ja85.gif
Bl?rg?n??t ?s...
Pr?f?ss?r Lbs. "#h?sht?g" D'm'bl'd'r, H??dm?st?r ?f H?gw?rts Sch?l?rsh?pp?ng*
KW1Ja85.gif
*?C, ?r?g?n?l ch?r?ct?r™
D? n?t st??l

diYfit9.jpg

DWZwI9a.gif
F?lthy c?s??ls ?s...
D??th ??t?rs
DWZwI9a.gif

Th?nks f?r pl?y?ng...
S?? y?? n?xt m?ss??n!

Sawneeks

Banned

Nothing was said in the PM I received but I hope there is lol. I don't want to be out of the game so early.

Going off the Mafia Wiki it seems like Poisons are usually only cured through specific roles like 'Poison Doctor' but it is up to the discretion of the game runners on how it is handled. Basically we have no way of knowing unless someone with a Role comes forward and I DON'T recommend doing that.

Am I Dobby and you're my owner? If you say jump should I ask "how high"?

I thought you were going to play Fallout. :p

There can be multiple Neutrals. Archer had two, although I can't think of a goal for poisoner/jester Neutrals.

But possibly role blocking, investigating and poisoning scum pr's, with maybe even more? Would be pretty powerful scum team, so I'm inclined to think at least one of those roles would be neutral.

I believe Sawneeks' claim, there would be no reason to push herself forward with it. But, if poisoner is neutral, it doesn't mean Sawneeks is not a scum. Possibilities, possibilities.

It's why I suggested 4 Scum roles in a game this big. Poisoner, Roleblock, Investigation, and 1 'other' is a really strong team. I won't discount a Scum Jester but it just seems weird for 2 Scum to target Blarg at once.

Kalor

The poisoner role is interesting. I believe Sawneeks as they have no need to come forward with this information if they were . It only puts a target on their back. I guess it makes sense flavor wise as well, someone brews a potion and sends it out. This might be our second killer.

A possible scenario that I thought of, though unlikely is that Sawneeks is a Death Eater and was poisoned by a neutral. They revealed this so that they would be safe until the poison kicked in. Unlikely but a thought I had.

roytheone

The poisoner role is interesting. I believe Sawneeks as they have no need to come forward with this information if they were . It only puts a target on their back. I guess it makes sense flavor wise as well, someone brews a potion and sends it out. This might be our second killer.

A possible scenario that I thought of, though unlikely is that Sawneeks is a Death Eater and was poisoned by a neutral. They revealed this so that they would be safe until the poison kicked in. Unlikely but a thought I had.

Well, if this is the case we will find out soon enough (unless there is indeed a way to cure the poison).

Top Bottom