• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

I am inclined to think that Rita Skeeter is a secondary Jester role. I don’t recall her being a wizard so that would imply that she couldn’t cast “stupefy”, thus two separate roles.

Also - the paper is somewhat misspelled and weirdly worded in sections. Could give away the writer eventually?

Still on mobile. The writer of the paper being Rita does make sense, especially in their referring to Harry as "the chosen one". But while I agree with your assessment that the reporter didn't cast Stupefy on Blarg, I don't agree with your logic. First, Rita was a wizard (quite a decent one, too, given that she was an unregistered Animagus). However, this doesn't even matter because second, just because someone is a wizard doesn't mean they can cast Stupefy at night. I mean, I figure that most if not all of us are wizards (except for Filch, if he exists). Hannah Abbot certainly couldn't cast Stupefy, and she was part of Dumbledore's Army.

To be clear, as well as to separate it a bit more from the lore: the reporter, who may be Rita, is unlikely to have also Stupefied Blarg (if that even did happen) because two abilities for that person don't seem plausible, especially given how powerful the reporting ability already seems.

Good point about the reporter's writing style! Should be glean-able.

To be fair, I already mentioned that I was going to go for Burb today until the Blarg stuff happened. So he would have had at least my vote.

Haha yeah, but my theory is that the reporter has access to people with hard votes : P, i.e., in highlight tags or countable by the script tally.

Sawneeks

Banned
This is solely for Day 2 as I haven't had the time to properly go over Day 1 yet, I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow or Sunday. These are gut reads with some light skimming of Day 2 thrown in to really make them pop. Or something. Basically they have no posts to back them up except for what I remember.

01 [m] Retroid - New - Quieter today than Day 1. I still stand by my Town read for you.
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New - Interrogating King, I like it. Good questions were asked and you followed your that path for a good while. Town.
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New - Town. good discussion and is willing to ask questions.
04 [m] Rynam - New - Stilll not a good read. You’re not the lowest post count player but I also can’t recall anything super specific you said. Unsure. Scum?
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New - Sitting in the middle of most topics. Really just ‘goes with the flow’ when it comes to popular opinions. However, not reading Scum here.
06 [f] Swamped -RIP Swamped. I’m really bummed that you died so early in the game, I really like playing with you. :(
07 [m] Arkos - Not a whole lot posts but they don’t offer any substance at all. Scum.
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess - Not a whole lot of posts but even these few ones don’t scream Scum to me. Unsure or a light Town read.
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge - Still banned but has some slight reads. Town??
10 [m] Gorlak - Two scenarios here. Either Gorlak is a VERY aggressive Townie with some very polarizing views or he is Scum that is playing against the whole ‘Scum don’t go against the flow’ idea and is being overly aggressive to a fault. I believe in the Town read for now.
11 [m] Hyperactivity - I had a read of Town yesterday but today I’m changing it to neutral or unsure. Something changed between Day 1 and now and it feels weird to me. Would recommend keeping a close eye on him.
12 [m] Flame_AC - Quieter today than Day 1. I’m going from a strong Town read to a neutral or ‘slightly’ Town.
13 [-] Enker - Blarg brought up a good point with the Horcruxes. I need to go back and reread Day 1 to get a better read but so far it’s light Scum.
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum - Not a lot of posts but nothing feels Scummy.
15 [m] Burbeting - Miller - I was pretty convinced your are the Miller and I still stand by that. Good reads, good contribution to discussion. Town.
16 [m] Matt Attack - Unsure. Has a quiet playstyle but I’m still on the fence. Nothing screams Scum yet.
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya - Haven’t said it yet but thank you for offering yourself as a lynch yesterday. Your role was dangerous and had the potential to really screw Town over in the late game. Thank you.
18 [m] Crab - Banned again, lol.
19 [m] kingkitty - Scum. I don’t believe the claim as a lot of it just doesn’t add up and he has had to make some ‘corrections’ and ‘clarifications’ along the way that should have been there from the start.
20 [m] Blargonaut - Town. I’m putting my faith in you because of your claim and explanations. I hope I’m not wrong.
21 [m] Kalor - Still unsure.
22 [m] TheGoddamn - Not a lot of posts but what has been said is pretty solid so far. Weak Town read.
23 [m] Lord of Castamere - Still odd. My gut leans Scum. Not committal, gives ‘light’ opinions but stays fairly neutral on things.
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie - Town? No scum vibes here so I’m not throwing you under that category but I’m not very confident of your alignment either.
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy - More active than normal. Not feeling any scum here so I’m guessing Town.
26 [m] roytheone - More active than Day 1 and some good contributions to discussion. Maybe I’m getting into WIFOM territory but something still feels off and I can’t place it. Only a slight Town lead but I would recommend you be watched.
27 [m] Zipped/Miralce - Town? Call it a gut feeling but I don’t think Miracle is Scum, just a new player who is very excited to play.
28 [f] Sawneeks - #dead

Top Town: MagnumBoy20xx, Kawl_USC, Blargonaut, Burbeting

Top Scum: Arkos, KingKitty, Lord of Castamere, Rynam

Top 'Should Be Watched': Hyperactivity, roytheone, Kalor

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Sorry about being inactive today, I had class this afternoon and kinda forgot about the game.

I see that a new twist was introduced with the Daily prophet. I have no idea what it is saying, but I do think that it might actually be a distraction power for a scum role. The research I did points to it basically being propaganda for volde's followers, so I think it would make sence for it to be something scum could use to derail conversations. I reread what was going on before it showed up to see if there might be anything scum wouldn't want us to talk about.

Anyways, my stance on the king kitty/blarg situation hasn't changed so I am leaving my vote on king kitty for now. However, there is one player who II noticed hasn't posted once since my last post(which was last night btw).

Matt attaaaaack. Come out and plaaaaayyyy!

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm really puzzled by the tabloid. Why is it written that way? Why is it so obtuse? I wonder if nin/salvia take someone's PM and modify it for the daily prophet. That's the only explanation that somewhat makes sense to me.

Beyond that, the question remains: is there fact in the tabloid, or simply speculation? How does the reporter get their info? Perhaps some players were interviewed?

Blarg, might you be able to say if you've been interviewed by a reporter?

TheExodu5

Banned
So...TheWordyEdge had posted...but not a word from Crab? Has he even communicated since his ban? Has anyone else been incommunicado in day 2? I don't think we should let anyone be this quiet.

kingkitty

19 [m] kingkitty - Scum. I don’t believe the claim as a lot of it just doesn’t add up and he has had to make some ‘corrections’ and ‘clarifications’ along the way that should have been there from the start.

I thought my fake claim was pretty clear from the start, honestly. The only thing I would admit to as "clarifications" would be through my discussion with magnum. But he did say he couldn't read my initial claim properly, nor did he know about the lore stuff around the resurrection stone.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
I thought my fake claim was pretty clear from the start, honestly. The only thing I would admit to as "clarifications" would be through my discussion with magnum. But he did say he couldn't read my initial claim properly, nor did he know about the lore stuff around the resurrection stone.
Wait, you mean you've given up and admitted that your scum?

kingkitty

does anyone want to hug me

giphy.gif

Sorry for being so inactive since the day began. I've been SUPER busy, and so haven't had much time to do more than glance iver the day's happenings. But a promise is a promise, and when I said I'd try and make sure this town wouldn't forget to look at votes I meant it

roytheone

Re-reading the tabloid, I definitely think it has at least been altered or adapted by Salva and Nin. I doubt a player on his/her own would write in such a flavory way, it just creates confusion. Unless it is a scum power with the specific intent to create confusion (maybe a last ditch effort of scum to try and save kitty without the risk of being outed themselves, even though he has pretty much given up already), but even then I think a scum player wouldn't have put so much effort in the text to make it read like a tabloid. This wouldn't be the first time in gafia someone has the power to send something to a mod and a mod would adapt it for them, so it is defiantly possible. That still doesn't tell us if it is a town, scum or neutral power and if there are any real hints hidden it it though.

Good Morning Friends and Enemies :)))
(This is a pretyped text from before Gaf was down this european morning!!)

Since I am one of the less active people of this group let me just say one thing about post counts. I prefer quality posts over quantity. Well... that's that! :p

I will comment on some players now.

The Goddamn He was definitely on my D1 scum list because of his two posts at the beginning and the fact that he stayed quite the rest of the day. I was going to continue to pressure him but today he seems very reasonable. Slightly leaning town here.

Enker I like speculating about game mechanics based on book flavor as well. So I won't hold that against him. Plus, we are the Lovegood Sisters :p
Uhm... that sounded lewd
I am a huge HP freak myself and everything I come up with are ideas of how I would do a game of HP-Mafia. It might not get us anywhere but I think there is a lot going on in this game and with everything we found out so far I thinks it will not hurt us to have certain meta ideas in mind.
This brings us right to the next topic:

Daily Prophet Ok this is really interesting. Lots of question marks in my head about it... Unless the author (if there even is one) comes forward I guess we have to wait for more article to come out. We did not have an article on D1. Does that mean it follows a night action?! If that's so what exactly is hidden in the text? The miracle thing is the most obvious hint I see... or maybe not but if we follow that road does it mean he said something we should trust or is it a alignment confirmation?!? Is it save to wait and see if there is another Article tmr? I hope that will give us more information about the whole thing.

Spells My guess is that you will be informed about spells and potions that have an effect on your behavior in the game.
If Blarg is saying the truth about him being tortured with the cruciatus curse to make him reveal his name it makes sense that he was informed about it. Same is for stupify because he had to change his writing style. I can only guess that we might not find out about spells that won't have an effect on our behavior... but I just realized that this doesn't make sense in Sawneeks case. Being notified that she's poisoned is pretty nice but it does not really effect her playstyle. I mean she can ask for a doctor to save her now but otherwise I don't think it really changes anything... so I'm lost here again :p

Blarg vs KK Ehhhm I guess this chapter is closed now with KK claiming death eater! We still have more than a day left until night phase so we could discuss a little more until then but I think the outcome should be eliminating KK. That being said:

Vote: KingKitty

PS: Special thanks to the players who always translate Blargs post for lazy people like me :*

PPS:
Also in case saying you know whos name is cursed I just want to point out that I NEVER said his full name.
Words coming from a very scared BSB :O

PPPS: I wanted to say more about other players but then Gaf was down and I did some muggle chores. More to come laters!! :)

A few reads for a few players.

Town:
Burbeting- I still believe you're town.
TheExodu5- Mostly based off of D1, where I got a strong town read off of you. You've made less of an impression on me on D2 but no reason for me to think you're scum right now.
Kawl_USC- Your posts are solid- I've got a pretty good feeling about you.

Suspicious:
kingkitty- I believed Blarg's claim and didn't believe yours.
Flame_AC- Eh, it's mostly a gut feeling but something about your posts has rubbed me the wrong way. I'll get back to you if I can think of more solid reasoning.

On Miracle, towards the beginning of the day I was actually really confident you were town, but honestly I've been feeling more and more conflicted as the day goes on. For now though I am still leaning towards you being town.

On the Daily Prophet, I am definitely curious to know if it was written by a player or a mod. If it was written by a player, then there might not be much legitimate information to be found, considering the limitations on how much a single player could actually know at this early stage of the game.

roytheone

Spells My guess is that you will be informed about spells and potions that have an effect on your behavior in the game. If Blarg is saying the truth about him being tortured with the cruciatus curse to make him reveal his name it makes sense that he was informed about it. Same is for stupify because he had to change his writing style. I can only guess that we might not find out about spells that won't have an effect on our behavior... but I just realized that this doesn't make sense in Sawneeks case. Being notified that she's poisoned is pretty nice but it does not really effect her playstyle. I mean she can ask for a doctor to save her now but otherwise I don't think it really changes anything... so I'm lost here again :p

I could look at Blargs post myself but since his posts are kind of hard to read and because I am kinda lazy (mostly because I am kinda lazy :p): Has blarg ever said something about if him receiving the actions that were targeted at him at night are part of his role power or not? There are powers in mafia games that get that information.

Also, Sawneeks getting notified that she is going to die could help us a lot if she is some kind of investigation PR, since she would be able to share everything she knows with us before she dies.

Gorlak

Banned
Daily Prophet - I think it was obvious this was a day action. Somebody wanted to place a message. I tried to find any hidden messages (first row letters, first row words etc.), because the formatting is really weird. Turns out I'm shit at finding secret things or there is nothing hidden. It roughly recites the events of the day and I do not believe there is any in truth in this message. The daily prophet is known for his attention catching headlines and wrong accusations. Aside from pointing at Blarg and Kitty both being the alleged Dumbledore and Harry, we have this Miracle line and as Sawneeks pointed out the potion. Miracle posted this line quite a few times, so it's either himself or somebody wanted to shift attention to him.
Kalor is right, Rita makes the most sense as the role who is capable of that action, but I don't think she would be able to interview someone at night (neutral cop? unlikely). I disagree with Hyper "that did something". It's more probable the person wrote this stuff himself than Ninpot.
so it is defiantly possible.
I think you don't know what this word means, did you want to write definitely?

Hm, I'm still leaning towards a neutral action just for the lulz, but scum creating confusion as a last effort to save someone is also possible.

Gorlak

Banned
Okay, this is going to be off topic, but I have to rectify this:

On the Fence
Gorlak - The Draco avatar is getting to me lol. Seriously though, I don’t remember there being any low activity scum in Archer, could be trying to create lynch mobs accordingly for D3+. But that’s not much to go on, so thus on the fence.

Are you shitting me?! No low activity scum in Archer?! WTF? You probably don't remember because you didn't hang around a lot yourself? I was the replacement of low activity scum who replaced a low activity scum the phase before? Mike and QuantumBro both coasted at the bottom of the post counter until they were the only ones left. Aside from haly every scum member was on low activity.

Seriously, what does this meta reference aim at?

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I wrote everything from the get-go and it's easier to keep track of the different topics.
Sorry I misspelled KK and don't want that to mess up the counting thingy
The code doesn't care about capitalized letters.

and my final words on kk:
a couple pages back yeah
I really hope you aren't town. My trust in Blarg is weak. Especially the adding of coincidences to his overall theory is very bad. He always does this when he is lying about something to make it look like there are supporting facts in the game. Solely based on Blarg's latest behaviour I wouldn't vote you out, but you offered enough damning reactions to hang you. Everything you did was directed against town and only in your selfinterest, therefore you have to be lynched.

Vote: Kingkitty

---
Now I want you all to look at the people not showing up! We have a lot of players who drop in with two, three posts and disappear again, because of the size of this game we can hardly prevent this, but don't let anyone fly under your radar! I want to call out Arkos especially, because he even announced to be active and left us empty handed two days ago. This is really annoying and if he doesn't show up again, I'm requesting a replacement...

nin1000

Banned

Kawl_USC

Just dropping in to say if KK is actually Voldemort and the horocruxes exist we may want to be mindful who is in second place of votes in case of immunity while the horocruxes exist. So I'm leaving my vote on Miracle for now.

Just a thought. Still busy doing things for the most part this weekend but trying to at least read all posts and leave any thoughts that seem pertinent.

Honestly, KKs volde claim sits kind of meh with me but I think he is resigned to being voted out today regardless. I remain skeptical about all the extra details Blarg has posted but that could be my bias against his posting style.

TheExodu5

Banned
I won't be able to post much more this day...wedding to attend tomorrow.

Has someone kept track of people who haven't posted during day 2?

We shouldn't lynch until everyone has chimed in.

Retroid

Hey everyone, sorry I wasn't active last night (work and stuff).

Here are some thoughts on things that have happened since the night before.

I stand by my vote to support Burbeting, I voted with him even before kingkitty's claim.

Now that King has come out and claimed Voldemort (shh!), I wonder if that is him really just giving up or a ploy to save himself. I myself am now somewhat worried about voting him off if he would give up this easily, although I can see why he might as he has many votes against him. However, I still think he is 100% scum.

For Miracle, do we know why Zippedpinhead left the game?

And for the Daily Prophet, I find it hard to believe that someone in this game wrote it, although someone must have triggered it.

Miracle

And for the Daily Prophet, I find it hard to believe that someone in this game wrote it, although someone must have triggered it.

Well the Daily Prophet event was said to be caused by a Spell/Command. Do you think the moderators themselves wrote it?

?cc?rd?ng t? my R?l? PM, ? h?v? r??s?n t? b?l??v? "V" h?s ?n?th?r Tr?p C?rd ?p?n d??th, ?s ?t w?rns m? th?t s?m?th?ng h?pp?ns ?nc? w? f?nd h?m

? ?ss?m?d th?t w?s th? Cr?c??t?s th?t h?t m?, b?t j?st t? m?k? s?r?:

L?t th? D?y ?nd by t?m? s? w? c?n d?sc?ss th?s (?nd pl??s?, n? m?r? R?l?-cl??ms), ?nd l?t s?m??n? w? c?ns?d?r ?xp?nd?bl? b? th? f?n?l/h?mm?r v?t?; B?rb?t?ng, ?f y?? tr?ly ?r? T?wn, ?'d l?k? t? p?l?t?ly r?q??st th?t y?? c?rry th?s ??t... f?r th? gr??t?r g??d

brb w?th s?m?th?ng

Enker

Hopefully accurate translated Blarg:

According to my Role PM, I have reason to believe "V" has another Trap Card upon death, as it warns me that something happens once we find him

I assumed that was the Cruciatus that hit me, but just to make sure:

Let the Day end by time so we can discuss this (and please, no more Role-claims), and let someone we consider expendable by the final/hammer vote; Burbeting, if you truly are Town, I'd like to politely request that you carry this out... for the greater good

brb with something

Kalor

That's an interesting idea. I'm fine with letting someone expendable to have the final vote, we don't lose anything by planning who gets the last vote.

roytheone

Hmmm, Mr don't say his name having some kind of lynch bomb is possible. It would kind of explain why kitty gave up defending himself so soon and even openly claimed to be V. I don't see any problem with being cautious and having someone that wouldn't be the biggest loss for town be the hammer, just to be safe. I do find it kinda annoying that this is yet another extra point that blarg puts forward which he could of told us earlier.

I just want to clarify that I didn't see kk's post before I was asking my questions about blarg. We still don't know if Blarg's claims are entirely true, but kk is a safe lynch now. I want to see his read list before he is gone though.

Enker

Now you're saying you're Voldemort? (I'm going to say his name, whatever. I have no clue why Blarg quoted those people who said his name.)

Well, looking back at post 750 Blarg was the last person to utter (via quotes) the name before the EOD results were posted, and look at what happened to him.

(Technically KingKitty was the last one to say the name entirely in post 749, but he claims to be)

Swamped was one of those who was on the list and is of course dead. So was I (the founding member no less), which is why I hope this theory is bunk.

Well, looking back at post 750 Blarg was the last person to utter (via quotes) the name before the EOD results were posted, and look at what happened to him.

(Technically KingKitty was the last one to say the name entirely in post 749, but he claims to be)

Swamped was one of those who was on the list and is of course dead. So was I (the founding member no less), which is why I hope this theory is bunk.

Oh man, that would suck. I'd rather not want to die early.

Top Bottom