• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broforce |OT| Fighting for brotastic freedom, bro

Have been playing the early access version with a friend just to try it out. We were last saturday at a friend's house and played four players with the final version, we had a blast, but multi is pretty chaotic sometimes where you die without even knowing what happened.

It has improved a lot on the presentation department, the spritework when you get a new character and in that funny cutscene at the middle of the game (would have loved to see more of them, although we didnt beat the game) are great.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I went through the last level and got to the last boss (
True Satan
), decided he was being a giant asshole and decided to try later. I go and load up my save game and poof, all progress in level
is lost. There goes an hour or so of progress gone. Does it really not save after every sub level (
must have at least 10 of them and
3+
bosses). Is there a quick save or are they going to patch this or am I missing something?

True Satan
), decided he was being a giant asshole and decided to try later. I go and load up my save game and poof, all progress in level
is lost. There goes an hour or so of progress gone. Does it really not save after every sub level (
3+
bosses). Is there a quick save or are they going to patch this or am I missing something?

Hah hah I suffered the same problem, and decided enough was enough. Getting to the last boss is close enough to "finishing" the game.

ElTopo

Banned
I've had this for a long while but did the devs finally give us the ability to choose which bros we can pick up?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
True Satan
3+
I think they mentioned on the discussion boards that they'd fix it/saves in general?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is PS4 getting the official add-ons?

Oh snap, a big update! New bros!

The latest update to Broforce includes two new lightning wielding bros of Lambertian origin, the immortal Brolander and thunder god Broden, each with their own attacks and special moves.

TACTICAL OPS!

Tactical missions far behind enemy lines... with a single bro. Players can test their Broforce knowledge in these missions and maybe learn a couple tricks in the process.

SUPPLY DROPS!

All bros now have access to new tactical items like All-American Supply Drops™, alien pheromones to distract xenomorphs, and performance enhancing drugs for that extra little boost when the odds are against them.

WW4nXfO.jpg

I ought to beat this game, but the last levels on chapter 15 really feel like bullshit. I've gotten to the section where I encounter two of those giant snake things at the same time, with lot's of flying heads, on hard difficulty, and I think I will just call it quits on that, and continue to play either custom levels or start again on a lower difficulty.

Chapter 15 really isn't fun.

Drencrom

So, Broforce just went up on PS+ this month and as a big fan of the game I was glad to have the game on my PS4.

Sadly, this game is an utter mess because of the horrendous performance (lots of lag and framedrops) and game breaking bugs/issues which I didn't encounter on the PC version (at least not as prominently as this). One of the incredibly blatant and obvious bugs is that the game ignores your controller input for about one second every time you reload and/or die.

How this game released like this on PS4 in it's current state is a complete mystery to me, really disappointing. Patch this shit, asap!

The1Ski

So, Broforce just went up on PS+ this month and as a big fan of the game I was glad to have the game on my PS4.

Sadly, this game is an utter mess because of the horrendous performance (lots of lag and framedrops) and game breaking bugs/issues which I didn't encounter on the PC version (at least not as prominently as this). One of the incredibly blatant and obvious bugs is that the game ignores your controller input for about one second every time you reload and/or die.

How this game released like this on PS4 in it's current state is a complete mystery to me, really disappointing. Patch this shit, asap!

Whoa dang. That's too bad.

Plasma

Banned

Not all that surprising I guess as it's using the Unity engine.

Glix

ON TOPIC - Broforce Co-Op - Does it make the game more awesome? I find even bad games can be fun co-op and PS+ is great for it because I know my whole gaming group has access to the game.

If you guys think the PS4 ports are rough... the Vita ports have been brutal.

Brutal framedrops in Bit.Trip that make precise runs on certain games impossible.

Horrible chugging on Nuclear Throne. The game is low res 4:3 and when there is a full screen explosion living is basically luck as you completely lose control of the game for a few seconds.

Gnarly slowdown in super time force

The list goes on. Incredibly, Activision somehow got it right with GeoWars3.

NeoRaider

WHY are developers using Unity??

This is simple 2D game if i am not wrong and it have performance issues on PS4... just wow.

Rymuth

5 chapters down, amazing fun.

Oh, so the game not listening to my input is a known issue? I figured it was my controller.

The controller input freeze at the beginning of the mission made me LOL the first time I experienced it. Load times are pretty horrible too. Black screens for several seconds with no indication that something is actually going on.

I was playing on the TV here at work during lunch, which suffers from horrible input lag, but it feels like there's some additional lag on top of that. The control was always kind of spastic in the PC release, but it's magnified here.

I say stay away from this port if you don't have +. I wouldn't pay money for it in its current state. Opt for the Steam or DRM free PC version instead.

El_Cinefilo

I thought the controller lag was just me too. This game really just throws you in too. I know its not a complicated game but no tutorials, control options/layouts or anything. Can you change/choose Bros or even look at who you've unlocked?

bronk

Banned
Been enjoying the game but my controller doesnt work randomly here and there. Has this happened with anyone else? Its super annoying.

And if I looked 2 posts up id see people are having problems haha. Now that you mention the lag i feel it alot too. I knew something was off. What the hell.

Leezard

That really sucks.

LycanXIII

Yeah, the controller input not being detected a few seconds after a load is killer, especially if you get a checkpoint in the middle of a group of guys.

MeanArrow

Neo Member
I tried to play the first few levels on PS4, but the game was stuttering every(!) 3 seconds.
It made me quit the game and I wanted to play Helldivers instead, which always ran pretty smooth and now it has the same issue as Broforce. Tried Bloodborne and it ran just fine.

From what I saw Broforce seems fun as hell, though.

Had an amazing couple of hours playing the game. Unlocking action stars/hero is so addicting. Finally i have PS plus game besides rocket league that'll put some time into.

S1kkZ

in chapter 14 now and there are certain levels where the framerate seems to drop to single digits. it just goes into super slow motion mode. controller response is also affected. on top of that, you have constant stuttering.

died multiple times because of this.

hesido

If this is true, I'm even more sad that Android Cactus didn't win the ps plus lineup. (Which I think is also a Unity game, though). I'd rather have this released at a better state later on.

I have noticed the delayed controller input occasionally. Not good. Great game, but its super sad that something so preventable is an issue that you really can't ignore.

Bummer. I'll still play, but I'll never be able to not notice that.

Corpekata

Banned
Am surprised the PS4 version is so bad, Broforce on PC was one of the few Unity games that didn't have issues for me. Most Unity games have the typical stutter but didn't notice it in this.

S1kkZ

If this is true, I'm even more sad that Android Cactus didn't win the ps plus lineup. (Which I think is also a Unity game, though). I'd rather have this released at a better state later on.

and what makes you think aac runs any better on ps4?

majik13

Really digging the game for some short 4 player action. But damn, that level start input lag is brutal. And then controls going a bit sporadic at rare times. It almost all adds to the absurdness of the game. Its funny seeing people get hosed by unresponsive inputs. But a fix would ideal. I have a feeling it will take a long time, if at all.

hesido

and what makes you think aac runs any better on ps4?

I don't know, gave it the benefit of doubt by reminding it was a Unity game. I already rooted for it, and it didn't win. It had a chance to work OK as opposed to the one that doesn't and is not the one I rooted for, that's why I'm sadder that it didn't win :)

Drencrom

That really sucks.

Yup, it especially sucks when the actual game is so good. There really is no reason for the game to run this badly, I hope FreeLives acknowledges this in a timely fashion and patch this game sooner rather than later.

xrnzaaas

Yeah it's SUPER annoying how your character freezes for a second soon after respawning. I can deal with the framerate, but not with that since you can die if you head into action "too soon". Hopefully we'll get a fix really soon.

It's a shame that the game suffers from poor performance, because the gameplay and the humour are fantastic and this is my favorite PS+ action game since Rocket League.

deleted

ON TOPIC - Broforce Co-Op - Does it make the game more awesome? I find even bad games can be fun co-op and PS+ is great for it because I know my whole gaming group has access to the game.

Haven't played the game solo yet. Co-op is definitely great, even if it amps up the chaos factor. A. Lot.
One of my buddies is always running ahead, one is too slow and another one always tries to go through the level by shooting or exploding an underground tunnel, worms style. So we are dying a lot more and are going through the levels a lot slower than possible. But the fun factor is there.

Top Bottom