• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

FluxWaveZ

No offense, but I feel like you're giving me an awfully large amount of lenience Flux. You had several chances to push me like you did others, but every time the opportunity came up, you backed off. Why?

What? I'm the FIRST person who called you out when you were posting while lying low and not providing much we could work with:
A lot of where players stand in relation to each other has been established, but I haven't heard anything from you aside from when you replied to cabot's preliminary list. What are your feelings?
I'm not about needlessly piling onto somebody as though this was a Darrly lead crusade. You don't give me strong reads either way, which is why you're leaning more towards neutral to me than positively Town.

The people pointing at you right now, though, are making me reconsider.

Timeaisis

Alright, I'll give you guys some reads because I've lived in the neutral zone long enough.

Here's what I've gotten through observation, nothing concrete. Just what I've noticed.

Darryl - Town setting himself up to to take the lead early by going in hard on Flux, then taking a more measured approach later.

Flux - Town trying to lead the discussion, but making mistakes along the way. His obsession with myself as of late is confusing, but not that suspect.

Septimus - Suspicious. The vote for Ando, the weird one-off posts, the random defense of Style:
For what it's worth, I don't get much of a scum vibe from Style. I remember my first game, my own misunderstanding of the rules led to people suspecting me of being scum. Let's see how things develop in a few days.

This really odd comment:
But if they opted not to make a night kill, they would be baiting out a roleblocker right now. It's too risky.
Strikes me as odd someone would think the wolves would use the strategy of going a no-kill night for the express purpose of baiting a roleblocker into admitting they roleblocked. Just odd logic.

I don't disagree, but I also don't think it's a good idea for a roleblocker to role claim. For one thing, we don't even know what other abilities are in play yet, and the no-kill could have happened for any number of reasons.

I don't think it's a good idea for a roleblocker to claim right now, either. Unless they think they have some useful information. Which they may. It's not really a call Septimus can make going by what we know.

Septimus has done two things during the course of the game, as far as I can tell: going over possibilities for what happened on N1 to have zero night kills, and putting a vote on Ando. Additionally, he chimed in to defend Style really quick yesterday, and now has unvoted Ando and just said he doesn't have a read on anyone.

He's suspect #1.

Xam - A new player that made a slip-up by voting cabot to try to keep contributing. He's made sense since, and hasn't really gone into "guilty panic mode" that is so common of newbie mafia. Town.

batsnacks - Highly opinionated with lots of reads. I have no feel on his alignment.

Lollipop - Very quick to jump on the Xam bandwagon. Very quick to jump on the Ando bandwagon. It's also worth noting he used to be keen on Flux not being a wolf and then switched to thinking he was scum.

On point! I just wanted to confirm your thoughts on all that and after seeing them I can safely say that you are removed from my Day1 possible scum list...for the time being.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Because the other guy got banned and I might forget to vote tomorrow. And my view has changed on Flux completely, the constant squabble between the two has made me so uncertain that I think it's worth voting on.

More to come?

Seems weird. That's suspect #2.

That's what I got as far as reads go.

MattyG

Banned
Well I see I have a couple of votes, so that's something. Honestly, I only haven't been posting much because I'm observing while I try to get back into the flow of the game. It's been a few months since I've been involved here, and I feel like I don't have much to add because of it. I know as a former gamerunner I should be on top of this shit and yeah, I know not posting seems suspect, but it's nothing beyond being out of the loop. I'll try to keep up more now that we're almost through day 1.

Timeaisis

Me, too, now that I'm his top suspect for whatever reason. He and batsnacks both trying to pile onto me at the eleventh hour--the latter of which is voting for me not because I'm suspicious but rather because I'm unremarkable--seems odd to me.

Well, now that you are a little more active is nice. You're not "top" suspect, your just one of two.

I'm not going to try to start a bandwagon on you with 4 hours to go. Just giving reads because people are annoyed by my lack of hard stances. For the record, I don't agree with batsnacks logic for voting you -- it doesn't make sense to me.

ultron87

Septimus - Suspicious. The vote for Ando, the weird one-off posts, the random defense of Style:

This really odd comment:

Strikes me as odd someone would think the wolves would use the strategy of going a no-kill night for the express purpose of baiting a roleblocker into admitting they roleblocked. Just odd logic.

I don't think it's a good idea for a roleblocker to claim right now, either. Unless they think they have some useful information. Which they may. It's not really a call Septimus can make going by what we know.

Septimus has done two things during the course of the game, as far as I can tell: going over possibilities for what happened on N1 to have zero night kills, and putting a vote on Ando. Additionally, he chimed in to defend Style really quick yesterday, and now has unvoted Ando and just said he doesn't have a read on anyone.

He's suspect #1.

Pretty weird that you'd find someone voting for Ando to be suspicious when you said yourself that my argument for him made sense and you considered voting for him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186379256&postcount=588

This is the first decent argument I've heard all day. Could just be a new player finding their footing, but it's better than what we have on anyone else right now.

I was going to vote for Andodalf, but I just noticed someone else has and I'm not too keen on bandwagoning at this point. I'm going to wait it out so Andodalf has a chance to defend himself.

Timeaisis

Pretty weird that you'd find someone voting for Ando to be suspicious when you said yourself that my argument for him made sense and you considered voting for him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186379256&postcount=588

I concede that. But it seems suspicious in context of what he had done up until that point. Seems like he was waiting to join a bandwagon and jumped in pretty quickly when he thought one was starting up.

After going through my post again, I'll say I think my points against Lollipop are more incriminating than Septimus.

Solid post, in regards to me: The Flux change was after a while where there had been plenty more exchanges. Not sure how I was quick to jump on the bandwagon when I was the second person to vote for him, and showed interest on thr page before, that sounds more like you're twisting the words from my post.

FluxWaveZ

I'm so freakin' lost, to be honest. Unless something special happens near the deadline, one of these will be the person I vote for:

- Sophia
- Lollipop Dave
- Style
- Timeaisis

Three of them are new and also people I recognize from the PersonaGAF community. Because of the former, I don't know how much those reads are warped.

I liked that analysis post by Timeaisis. Actually made him seem Town for once.

Maybe I'll vote El Topo, because that sounds funny.

Well, now that you are a little more active is nice. You're not "top" suspect, your just one of two.

I'm not going to try to start a bandwagon on you with 4 hours to go. Just giving reads because people are annoyed by my lack of hard stances. For the record, I don't agree with batsnacks logic for voting you -- it doesn't make sense to me.
That's fair.

As for the three of my posts that you quoted, I'll try to provide some context:

1. If you read the Archer game last season, I had a really bad start because I misinterpreted some rules, and people thought I was trying to muddy the waters with misinformation. I'm giving Style the benefit of the doubt and assuming the same is happening to him right now, since it happened to me.

2 & 3. Taken in context, those are part of an early game theory discussion I was having with CornBurrito and batsnacks and some other people. Those were me thinking aloud possibilities for why there was no night kill and also saying why I don't think it's the right time for a roleblocker to reveal him/herself right now.

What is actually suspicious, if you want to go back there, is batsnacks trying to convince a power role to reveal on Day 1 and then saying that roleblockers are not beneficial for town. Rather, he wants us to get a roleblocker to reveal and then sacrifice that player to maybe get a read on whomever he blocked in Night 0, knowing full well that that play is a crap shoot anyway, since we don't know what other abilities are in play.

And since I typed that all out...

VOTE: batsnacks

Darryl

Banned
I find these lists on the first day pretty pointless to be honest. It's nice to see some activity though.

It's not even about finding scum today. It's about setting things up for the next day. You are one of the most reserved players here. Why don't you let more opinions out? Quote some people. Instead you are giving us next to nothing but this useless one-liners dripping with undeserved confidence. You have not helped this game so far. Why should you last another day?

FluxWaveZ

It's not even about finding scum today. It's about setting things up for the next day. You are one of the most reserved players here. Why don't you let more opinions out? Quote some people. Instead you are giving us next to nothing but this useless one-liners dripping with undeserved confidence. You have not helped this game so far. Why should you last another day?

Weird, I agree with Darryl on something.

I'm so freakin' lost, to be honest. Unless something special happens near the deadline, one of these will be the person I vote for:

- Sophia
- Lollipop Dave
- Style
- Timeaisis

Three of them are new and also people I recognize from the PersonaGAF community. Because of the former, I don't know how much those reads are warped.

I liked that analysis post by Timeaisis. Actually made him seem Town for once.

Maybe I'll vote El Topo, because that sounds funny.

Can I ask why you choose me? I'd also be interested in hearing your thoughts on the others. Like you om getting more and more lost. People are leading away from Xan putting it to being a new player, do I give the same leeway even being a new player myself?

Weird, I agree with Darryl on something.

I also agree on his point but I don't have the experience to see who would be the least beneficial for Day2, I can only go for what I think is scum.

Style

Banned
To add even more to my point (no editing! >_>): I know her pre-game (like she states in her own post we know each other pretty well) and I think she'd be much more aggressive if she was truly a villager. Feels like she's dimming down her activity and trying to avoid the spotlight.

Also she might be new to the GAF mafia games, but she knows this game pretty darn well from what she had told me previous to the start.

Style

Banned
Syle, what do you think of Lollipop Dave?

He's been acting pretty weird, but he states it's due to his work so I don't really know. Me and Dave were good buddies previous to this game, so I know his work excuse holds water. It's been pretty busy there lately.

I'm being pretty suspicious of him/ultron87/quantumbro though since their votes have aligned more than once.

batsnacks

What is actually suspicious, if you want to go back there, is batsnacks trying to convince a power role to reveal on Day 1 and then saying that roleblockers are not beneficial for town.

You have me mixed up with Ando. He was the one who said roleblocker is a shitty village role. I was the one trying to explain to him that is not true:

It's not a terrible role for village to have, because if they roleblock a wolf kill they can claim and boom! dead wolf.
Trading 1 villager for 1 wolf is extremely village-favored. Roleblocker makes that trade possible and that is the reason it is a good role.
More like a shitty doctor (since they block KP) and a shitty cop (since they can claim who they blocked) combined to made a pretty good role.

Anyway I know that's not the main point you're trying to bring against me. I already explained my RB-claim suggestion as best as I am capable, I even accounted for your other abilities in play argument several times, here is just one of the times I addressed it:
Like, yes, it is possible there is a village roleblocker and they were not responsible for the no kill. The point is there are no certainties in this game so you can only go with what's more likely. In my opinion, if there is a village roleblocker and they did block someone last night, I think that is the most likely explanation for the no kill.

So unfortunately if you think my claim suggestion was anti-town we will just have to disagree.

El Topo

This is such an empty statement, with all due respect. Lists mean absolutely nothing on the first day. They're not setting up anything. Much later we might look back and attempt to decipher the general behavior of a player, but right now I cannot claim to be able to make an educated guess. Lists? Lists are just a cheap way to seem active and engaged in the discussion, especially on the first day. I don't have a list and I don't have a read.

The only player I find suspicious is Flux, simply due to his initially strong behavior, but I'm reading him more as a neutral role, rather than scum.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
(Haven't done this before, so I'll probably screw this up)

So we can keep this in mind:

Day 1 votes

septimus prime (1)
cabot 96 (158)
batsnacks 841

darryl (0)
robotninjahornets 99 (247)
quantumbro 153 (230)
fluxwavez 197 (365)
xamtheking 268 (289)

cabot (0)
terrabyte20xx 123 (260)
darryl 723 (735)
darryl 735 (783)
xamtheking 737 (757)

cornburrito (1)
makai 129
lollipop dave 175 (587)
andodalf 360 (449)

rolanderson (1)
quantumbro 150 (153)
greatlord tiger 325
cabot 575 (744)

batsnacks (2)
cabot 158 (204)
quantumbro 230 (249)
el topo 257
quantumbro 427 (731)
septimus prime 865

fluxwavez (2)
darryl 162 (723)
andodalf 449
lollipop dave 700 (778)
quantumbro 731

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 204 (331)

quantumbro (0)
robotninjahornets 247 (330)

andodalf (0)
quantumbro 249 (427)
fluxwavez 365 (605)
septimus prime 429 (842)
ultron87 579 (776)
lollipop dave 593 (700)

darrly (0)
andodalf 259 (318)

timeaisis (0)
terrabyte20xx 260 (724)
cabot 331 (575)
fluxwavez 690 (781)

lollipop dave (1)
robotninjahornets 580

abdodalf (0)
lollipop dave 587 (593)

style (1)
batsnacks 594 (841)
fluxwavez 605 (690)
sophia 656
cornburrito 670 (687)

mattyg (0)
terrabyte20xx 724 (819)
cabot 744 (829)

xamtheking (3)
cornburrito 762 (828)
ultron87 776
lollipop dave 778
fluxwavez 781

ultron87 (2)
darryl 783
cabot 829

sophia (2)
terrabyte20xx 819
style 868

El Topo

By the way, I hope no one takes my post about lists personal. It is not meant to be insulting or condescending or anything like that.

batsnacks

By the way, I hope no one takes my post about lists personal. It is not meant to be insulting or condescending or anything like that.
Time's post wasn't really a list... he didnt mention half the people in the game. I read it more as giving his thoughts on people that were being discussed and then added two people he thought were suspicious.

What you said about lists being useless on day 1 is generally right I just don't think it applies to anyone.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So we should probably decide on who we're going to go full hog on now so I can be here for the inevitable role claim.

Darryl

Banned
This is such an empty statement, with all due respect. Lists mean absolutely nothing on the first day. They're not setting up anything. Much later we might look back and attempt to decipher the general behavior of a player, but right now I cannot claim to be able to make an educated guess. Lists? Lists are just a cheap way to seem active and engaged in the discussion, especially on the first day. I don't have a list and I don't have a read.

The only player I find suspicious is Flux, simply due to his initially strong behavior, but I'm reading him more as a neutral role, rather than scum.

I'm glad that your priorities are focused around "seeming" active. Your refusal to telegraph feelings is selfish. Your arrogance could be rooted in the fact that you are mafia and not on the hot table. The clock is ticking down and we have no good targets.

Vote: El Topo

Style

Banned
Guys take a look at the votes.

ultron87/lollipop dave/fluxwavez all voted on the same person twice and the first one was proved to be an innocent villager. Something is fishy here. Time is running out, I hope someone is going to equalize the votes, I don't want to see Xam getting lynched just yet despite having good arguments lined up against him.

The bandwagon strikes me as the oddest part. Four people jumped on him rather quickly. Dave and Ultron particular stand out.

I'm sticking with my vote on Style for now. I believe in what I said earlier in that I don't feel he'll be beneficial to the town in the long run. He's harassed players, he couldn't answer a simple question, he intends to make his vote at the last second in a game where it's instant lynch on majority vote. Even if he flips town, we have no reason to keep him on.

A) Style has not been the most aggressive player, So I'm not sure where that's coming from. I mean, we had like, 5 pages of people yelling at Darryl and Flux for being too aggressive, and Sophia even called Darryl out on being obtuse multiple times and yet she didn't vote for him.

B) That said, I am aware that if Sophia flips town, we're basically causing what we're trying to avoid with Style right now.

Vote: Sophia

I might end up backing down later but we'll see.

What do you guys think of a Sophia eviction, Bats / Ultron / RNH?

Wouldn't be my first choice, but it wouldn't be the worst I don't think. I mean I don't have much of a read on her, but it's still only the first day.

Meta thinking is dangerous though. If we assume werewolves won't vote as a unit, we can be easily led astray by them.

True, but there seems to be a lot of posts where there's implicitly the thought that they're acting alone and I just think it's important to remember that they aren't.

Well I see I have a couple of votes, so that's something. Honestly, I only haven't been posting much because I'm observing while I try to get back into the flow of the game. It's been a few months since I've been involved here, and I feel like I don't have much to add because of it. I know as a former gamerunner I should be on top of this shit and yeah, I know not posting seems suspect, but it's nothing beyond being out of the loop. I'll try to keep up more now that we're almost through day 1.

NO EXCUSE!

So 2 and a half hours left. I haven't been convinced enough by anyone else to shift my vote off of Dave, but I realise that unless something huge happens very soon, he's sticking around. I'll stay on him for now, but will change if we end up with two people neck & neck and I'm more convinced of one than the other. I'll be here for the end of the day, like all the cool people.

ultron87/lollipop dave/fluxwavez all voted on the same person twice and the first one was proved to be an innocent villager. Something is fishy here. Time is running out, I hope someone is going to equalize the votes, I don't want to see Xam getting lynched just yet despite having good arguments lined up against him.

That's pretty interesting. Will look into all of them.

ultron87

I mean, I guess? Planning "Okay, Dave, I'm gonna vote and then you vote IMMEDIATELY AFTER ME" would be the worst plan ever.

Style

Banned
I mean, I guess? Planning "Okay, Dave, I'm gonna vote and then you vote IMMEDIATELY AFTER ME" would be the worst plan ever.

I already said, I think FluxWaveZ is a villager and doing a pretty good job spearheading the lynch (except that one time he targeted me!), but ultron87 and lollipop dave on the other hand... Seems like they both just used Flux's spearheading as an excuse to pile votes and get rid of a villager.

Sorian

Banned
Straight from the app so sorry if there is some weird error:

septimus prime (1)
cabot 96 (158)
batsnacks 841

darryl (0)
robotninjahornets 99 (247)
quantumbro 153 (230)
fluxwavez 197 (365)
xamtheking 268 (289)

cabot (0)
terrabyte20xx 123 (260)
darryl 723 (735)
darryl 735 (783)
xamtheking 737 (757)

cornburrito (1)
makai 129
lollipop dave 175 (587)
andodalf 360 (449)

rolanderson (1)
quantumbro 150 (153)
greatlord tiger 325
cabot 575 (744)

batsnacks (2)
cabot 158 (204)
quantumbro 230 (249)
el topo 257
quantumbro 427 (731)
septimus prime 865

fluxwavez (2)
darryl 162 (723)
andodalf 449
lollipop dave 700 (778)
quantumbro 731

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 204 (331)

quantumbro (0)
robotninjahornets 247 (330)

andodalf (0)
quantumbro 249 (427)
fluxwavez 365 (605)
septimus prime 429 (842)
ultron87 579 (776)
lollipop dave 593 (700)

darrly (0)
andodalf 259 (318)

timeaisis (0)
terrabyte20xx 260 (724)
cabot 331 (575)
fluxwavez 690 (781)

lollipop dave (1)
robotninjahornets 580

abdodalf (0)
lollipop dave 587 (593)

style (1)
batsnacks 594 (841)
fluxwavez 605 (690)
sophia 656
cornburrito 670 (687)

mattyg (0)
terrabyte20xx 724 (819)
cabot 744 (829)

xamtheking (3)
cornburrito 762 (828)
ultron87 776
lollipop dave 778
fluxwavez 781

ultron87 (1)
darryl 783 (887)
cabot 829

sophia (3)
terrabyte20xx 819
style 868
starsketch 889

el topo (1)
darryl 887

but ultron87 and lollipop dave on the other hand... Seems like they both just used Flux's spearheading as an excuse to pile votes and get rid of a villager.

That can only apply to the andodalf vote in mycase, Identity share anu other votes with those two.

Top Bottom