• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anth0ny

nba_a_jordan2_sw_200s4q18.jpg

Hey I'm going to a friend's wedding reception on Friday night and have no idea what to wear. I don't even own a shirt. Any advice? it's just the evening reception not the full day event.

SeanR1221

So I stopped machine drying denim and it was the best decision I ever made.

But what about other pants? Do you guys typically air dry those or machine dry?

fuck, just googled these. look nice.

I'm super paranoid about ordering jeans online, though. I need to try them shits on first.

Yeah, I just kept an eye out for a "cheap" pair ($70-80--they occasionally come by) and bought those to get an idea of their fit guide and how it worked with me. As a guy with an athletic build, their clothing actually fits me really well (I size up 1-2 sizes though, depending if they're chinos or jeans).

I air dry all of my pants.

Air dry all of them too.

I air dry my jeans but machine dry my chinos. Guess I should move to air dry?

So much ironing :-|

How often do y'all wash chinos, in comparison to jeans? I soak my jeans to clean them, btw, but I put my chinos in the wash on cold.

Quick

Banned
That's what I was thinking. I used to be a jeans only guy unless I had to wear slacks for something formal. Now I have a pair of grey and a pair of tan pants and I love them.

I upped my chinos/pants game this year and went for different coloured ones. Tan and grey were what I had before, now I have a darker brown, blue, and maroon.

I air dry my jeans but machine dry my chinos. Guess I should move to air dry?

So much ironing :-|

How often do y'all wash chinos, in comparison to jeans? I soak my jeans to clean them, btw, but I put my chinos in the wash on cold.

I don't wash my chinos too often, but definitely more often than I wash jeans (which is generally rarely). Not really sure how often I should wash them, but I do when I feel that it needs one.

BumRush

A few pages back I was asking about Charles Tyrwhitt shirts since I got that 3/$100 ad in the mail.

Amazing quality. Seriously, as good as or better than bonobos, suit supply, etc. I'm not sure how I got the code sent to me but I'm doing another 3 at minimum.

jesalr

A few pages back I was asking about Charles Tyrwhitt shirts since I got that 3/$100 ad in the mail.

Amazing quality. Seriously, as good as or better than bonobos, suit supply, etc. I'm not sure how I got the code sent to me but I'm doing another 3 at minimum.

I knew someone who worked there (UK) that would get me 50% off. It was great.

I need help deciding on a Cardigan sweater from J Crew!

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clot...MEN+CARDIGAN&isSaleItem=false&color_name=HTHR EBONY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

I was at J Crew last night, and tried on a slim fit cardigan sweater. The large was the size that fit me. Still form fitting since I'm 6'1 and 180lbs and have an athletic build.

BUT the link above isn't a slim fit. It's regular fit? If I was a large in the slim fit, should I get a medium in the regular fit?

Thank you

BumRush

giga

I need help deciding on a Cardigan sweater from J Crew!

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clot...MEN+CARDIGAN&isSaleItem=false&color_name=HTHR EBONY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

I was at J Crew last night, and tried on a slim fit cardigan sweater. The large was the size that fit me. Still form fitting since I'm 6'1 and 180lbs and have an athletic build.

BUT the link above isn't a slim fit. It's regular fit? If I was a large in the slim fit, should I get a medium in the regular fit?

Thank you
Factory stuff is most likely slim fit. Get a large.

Kwixotik

H&M Black Friday sales are fire. Didn't even know they were having sales, but went yesterday to pick up one shirt for Thanksgiving and walked out with

3x joggers ($10 each, previously $25)
Big ass comfy sweater for chillin at home ($5, previously $35)
2x flannel shirts ($10, was $25)
3x shirts for work/Thanksgiving ($30 total)
$3 bucket hat (lol)

All that +20% off a purchase of $60 or more and I got $210 of clothes for $80
And they're also having 40% off one item of your choice next week, so I'm definitely getting like 3 outerwear pieces on separate trips.

Also, why does H&M ruin a lot of their great basics by putting dumb zippers or inane slogans on them? Baffles me. Had to unsew a couple things off the flannels.

I bought a pair of Red Wing 8119 Iron Rangers in Oxblood.

Most satisfying purchase ever knowing theyll still be great years from now. The leather and build qualiry is incredible.

images

KeigoNiwa

H&M Black Friday sales are fire. Didn't even know they were having sales, but went yesterday to pick up one shirt for Thanksgiving and walked out with

3x joggers ($10 each, previously $25)
Big ass comfy sweater for chillin at home ($5, previously $35)
2x flannel shirts ($10, was $25)
3x shirts for work/Thanksgiving ($30 total)
$3 bucket hat (lol)

All that +20% off a purchase of $60 or more and I got $210 of clothes for $80
And they're also having 40% off one item of your choice next week, so I'm definitely getting like 3 outerwear pieces on separate trips.

Also, why does H&M ruin a lot of their great basics by putting dumb zippers or inane slogans on them? Baffles me. Had to unsew a couple things off the flannels.

OMG HOLD THE PHONE!!!! The 40% off??? Is that with coupon or is that just a solid promo. I've been wanting to get these boots, but can't warrant spending $70 for it at the moment.

http://m.hm.com/us/product/34080?article=34080-A

I bought a pair of Red Wing 8119 Iron Rangers in Oxblood.

Most satisfying purchase ever knowing theyll still be great years from now. The leather and build qualiry is incredible.

images

Yeah dude! I've had mine for around a year and a half and I still pick them up from time to time and just marvel at the patina. One of the best purchases I've ever made for sure.

Are there any decent chukka suede boots that aren't poorly made? I'd like not to spend more than $80.

Also, preferably like to find some instore to try on.

I saw some Kenneth Coles but reviews say they're poorly made.

Top Bottom