• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Flame_AC

Very interesting developments, especially in regards to Crab and TheGoddamn.

Vote: TheGoddamn

He was in my scum list on Day 2 and now with this development of him making a night visit, I'm comfortable with voting for him.

Gorlak

Banned
wtf ?s g??ng ?n t?d?y"?"

? h?v? s? m?ch t? s?y, b?t f?ck?n c?n't ?cc?rd?ngly. ? w?nt t? t?lk ?b??t:
B?rb (p?t h?ms?lf ?n th? sp?tl?ght y?st?rd?y)
cr?b (t?rg?t?d sw?mp?d wh? d??d)
th?g?dd?mn (t?rg?t?d bl?rg)
sw?tch?r sh?n?n?g?ns
r?n?m cl??m?ng
r?y p?n?sh?d

w?ll p?st t?m?rr?w bc th?s t?k?s t?? m?ch t?m? r?ght n?w...

f?r n?w ? w?nt th? sw?tch?d ?n?s t? sp??k ?p, ?'m w?rr??d ?b??t cr?b.

ps: bl?rg ? f??l y??

I want to talk about Burb, who put himself in the spotlight yesterday
Crab, targeted Swamped who died
TheGoddamn targeted Blarg
Switcher shenanigans
Rynam claiming
roy punished

Will post more later, this is too hard to type.

wtf ?s g??ng ?n t?d?y"?"

sw?tch?r sh?n?n?g?ns
r?n?m cl??m?ng
r?y p?n?sh?d

Burbeting as town. I guess to his credit, that's a 100% accurate read! While this is the most egregious of his mistakes, this isn't the first. He misunderstood the timeframe of Sawneeks's death by poison (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186165569&postcount=1238), as well as misunderstood Rats's power (http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=186069788). As I said before, this is just a hunch, but reading comprehension might be difficult if you have to keep up with both this thread and the mafia thread. His defensiveness on D1 was also a typical (but not always a) tell. Leaning scum. (PS. Who else has urged Sawneeks to claim? Crab!)

A final point (I've been writing this forever): I don't think we should entertain the thought of Horcruxes. Voldemort is no longer in the game. Our win condition is to eliminate all Death Eaters.

(New development! Rynam, wow!)

That post was pretyped. My defensiveness day 1 was typical of shit. Defending yourself isn't a scumtell. That's insanity. Who hasn't defended there self this game? Ridiculous.

wtf ?s g??ng ?n t?d?y"?"

sw?tch?r sh?n?n?g?ns
r?n?m cl??m?ng
r?y p?n?sh?d

wtf is going on today"?"

I have so mch to say, but fuckin can't accoudringly. ? want to talk about:
Burb (put himself in the spotlight yesterday)
crab (targeted swamped why/who dead)
thegoddamn (targeted blarg)
switcher shenanigans
rynam claiming
roy punished

will post tomorrow b this takes too much time right now..

for now I want the switched ones to speak up, I'm worried about crab

ps: blarg I/a fool you (Not sure about this one)

I probably won't be posting much the rest of the day because of today being Thanksgiving. Don't take me not commentating on these REVELAITONS as a scum-tell. I would love to break this down issue-by-issue, but I won't have a chance to for a little while. Sorry.

So wait, Sawneeks, do you die tonight or the night after

Because if tonight that's another claim to deal with and maybe make this day even more insane

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming that everyone who has posted so far and hasn't claimed switched isn't hiding it, here are the people remaining:

01 [m] Retroid
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
13 [-] Enker
15 [m] Burbeting
19 [m] kingkitty
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
27 [m] Miracles

Two of these people (possibly the same person, I suppose), got switched. Italics are dead and can't confirm or deny. I really want to hear from these people

I'm on mobile again after that long post.

If I was mafia, why would I even say I was switched at all? What on earth would the point be?

Maybe as a preliminary defense just in case someone visited Blarg, and saw that you tried to kill him. But there's also the possibility that you're undetectable, which is why you're the one issuing the kill commands. That matches with Rynam saying that you visited Swamped on N1. (Although it does not match with Rynam seeing only me visit Blarg last night. There is a contradiction here. We have to find it. Did you ever say why you visited Swamped?)

Anyway. I was trying to not be explicit about it, but Rynam's revelations merit another reveal. I'm Sirius Black, the Marauder. As the original prankster, I can swap two people of my choosing in the night.

This is how the swapping works:

For example, the hypothetical cop investigates Evilore, and the the hypothetical scum sends a kill command towards Bish.

Completely independently and ignorant of these developments, I swap Evilore and Bish. In the morning, Evilore is dead and someone knows more about Bish.

N1: I swapped Rynam and Burbeting.
N2: I swapped Blarg and Burbeting.

I knew that Blarg would be the likely mafia target on N2. On N2, mafia very likely targeted Blarg, and my swapping the two caused Burb to die instead (I'm so sorry! I'll name my IRL son Blargus Burberus).

wtf ?s g??ng ?n t?d?y"?"

? h?v? s? m?ch t? s?y, b?t f?ck?n c?n't

Gorlak, I want your input. The easiest way to write like this is by using a word processor to type everything out, and then using Find and Replace to replace all instances of a with ?, e with ?, and so on until u.

blarg I/a fool you (Not sure about this one)

He's trying to say "Blarg I feel you"

Do we have enough to work with? Conceivably we could have claims from Crab, Sawneeks, and TheGoddamn to add to this madness.

Rynam - saw Crab visit Swamped N1, was switched N1, saw TheG visit Blarg N2
Crab - visited Swamped N1 (to not kill her), was switched N2
Blarg - item stolen N2
TheGoddamn - visited Blarg N2 (to steal his item?)
Sawneeks - poisoned, will die N3
roy - punished
Gorlak - Stupefied

Rynam

For example, the hypothetical cop investigates Evilore, and the the hypothetical scum sends a kill command towards Bish.

Completely independently and ignorant of these developments, I swap Evilore and Bish. In the morning, Evilore is dead and someone knows more about Bish.

But i targeted Blarg, and the PM i got today said "Your target, Blargonaut" Why didn't my target switch to Burb if you switched these two?

This is why I was so vehemently against Crab's switching claim at the start of the day. Another fucking switcher? It is more likely that Crab is lying. Rynam's seeing him visit Swamped on D1 supports that.

The only thing that doesn't add up is why Rynam didn't see anyone else visit Blarg. Maybe Burb should have been the one looked at, because he is the one who died?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe as a preliminary defense just in case someone visited Blarg, and saw that you tried to kill him. But there's also the possibility that you're undetectable, which is why you're the one issuing the kill commands. That matches with Rynam saying that you visited Swamped on N1. (Although it does not match with Rynam seeing only me visit Blarg last night. There is a contradiction here. We have to find it. Did you ever say why you visited Swamped?)

If I was undetectable, why would Rynam see me? That makes no sense. I haven't said why I've visited Swamped, no. I'm not going to unless it is a last resort.

Anyway. I was trying to not be explicit about it, but Rynam's revelations merit another reveal. I'm Sirius Black, the Marauder. As the original prankster, I can swap two people of my choosing in the night.

I knew that Blarg would be the likely mafia target on N2. On N2, mafia very likely targeted Blarg, and my swapping the two caused Burb to die instead (I'm so sorry! I'll name my IRL son Blargus Burberus).

Okay, this makes more sense. That explains why nobody else has claimed - it was Burbeting both times, and he is now dead. However, I have two questions: firstly, why does Blarg seem to think he wasn't targeted for a switch? Rynam got a PM telling him he was getting switched. I got a PM telling me I was getting switched. Blargonaut has not said anything. Secondly, if you switched Blargonaut and Burbeting, and a thief took something from Blargonaut, that implies the thief was on Burbeting. Why would a thief be on Burbeting?

But i targeted Blarg, and the PM i got today said "Your target, Blargonaut" Why didn't my target switch to Burb if you switched these two?

Maybe you would see the exact same thing if you had targeted Burb. When I saw you say that I visited Blarg, I asked nin if a watcher would see me visit both swap targets. Nin forwarded the question to Salva. I'm not sure I can say what they tell me, though!

I probably shouldn't have revealed so early. It's possible this was a trap. Still, the more information out there the better for town. That's what I did last night: swap Blarg and Burb to protect Blarg.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe you would see the exact same thing if you had targeted Burb. When I saw you say that I visited Blarg, I asked nin if a watcher would see me visit both swap targets. Nin forwarded the question to Salva. I'm not sure I can say what they tell me, though!

I probably shouldn't have revealed so early. It's possible this was a trap. Still, the more information out there the better for town. That's what I did last night: swap Blarg and Burb to protect Blarg.

Actually, this can't be right.

You switched Blarg and Burb. Rynam watched Blarg... which means he watched Burb. Burb died... which means someone targeted a kill at Blarg... which means someone ended up targeting a kill at Burb... which Rynam would have seen. He didn't. He just saw you.

You're lying.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

Switchers never visit their targets. A tracker can detect a switcher, but not a watcher.

??

What??

Because prs typically don't know switching shenanigans screwed with their reads

I'm on mobile again after that long post.

Gorlak, I want your input. The easiest way to write like this is by using a word processor to type everything out, and then using Find and Replace to replace all instances of a with ?, e with ?, and so on until u.

He's trying to say "Blarg I feel you"

Unless rynam's role pm SPECIFICALLY says he can see invisible people, or hints towards it, I doubt crab is some sort of ninja

Ok, counter point- how do we know you're not some scum switcher. And why burbeting (night 1), which I'm guessing was to protect him, then burbeting again night 2, when I would assume was because you though he wasn't worth protection.

This is sorta WIFOM, but scum would know any doctor/watcher would be on blarg last night. A roleblocker (which we know they have) or a switch-kill would've likely been their best attempt at getting at blarg

Unless we have two switchers

But the two switcher scenario is insane, in that if crab was scum, you would be saying that scum kill scum, switched scum with blarg, blarg switched with burb, scum kill burb.

But why would scum try to kill scum knowing that the risk associated with one of them getting interfered with.

Ok, so toss out the possibility of one scum switcher being you, or two switchers. You're the switcher. Scum have two main ways of dealing with blarg- a roleblock or direct attempt at a kill. Imo, they probably would have gone after blarg after yesterday over burbeting.

And we know a kill happened, so either there is one town switcher and scum were stupid (I hate assuming other people would make stupid moves though) and went for a direct kill

Or no one is lying and there were two switchers (MY HEAD)

Blargonaut PLEASE PLEASE answer this straight- WERE YOU SWTCHED??

Sorry if this post is me rambling, I'm just typing as thoughts come into my head.

Actually, this can't be right.

You switched Blarg and Burb. Rynam watched Blarg... which means he watched Burb. Burb died... which means someone targeted a kill at Blarg... which means someone ended up targeting a kill at Burb... which Rynam would have seen. He didn't. He just saw you.

You're lying.

So no switchers or two switchers.

I'm gonna go with no switcher, its simpler

Except you claimed switched...

So we have a switcher you say switched you. You and Godammn are against each other, both can't be scum. But You caught the godammn in a lie. But there's a switcher and burb is dead.

But why would a switcher switch you and burb? And in all of this we have a missing thief and my opinion that scum would target blarg. And the people rynam some saw. And maybe a missing ninja...

Bullshit. Fireblend was spotted as a switcher by a watcher in the NX game.

Logically I don't think a watcher can see a switcher, as they'd essentially have to be at two places at once (doubling the odds of them being watched). But I guess it can happen. I don't remember what happened in NX but I'll believe the scum team in that game.

With that said, there are too many holes in TheG's switcher claim. If he's scum, I wonder why he wants Crab dead.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So no switchers or two switchers.

I'm gonna go with no switcher, its simpler

Except you claimed switched...

So we have a switcher you say switched you. You and Godammn are against each other, both can't be scum. But You caught the godammn in a lie. But there's a switcher and burb is dead.

But why would a switcher switch you and burb? And in all of this we have a missing thief and my opinion that scum would target blarg. And the people rynam some saw. And maybe a missing ninja...

I think TheGoddamn is a switcher. I also think he's mafia-aligned. Literally, read my post again. There is no way his story can be true if you assume Rynam is telling the truth. I also think he's lying about his targets; I've worked out why things don't add up. I think N1 he visited Swamped and Rynam. That means Rynam was watching himself and I visited Rynam. He said Burbeting because now Burbeting is dead and can't contradict.

If I was undetectable, why would Rynam see me? That makes no sense. I haven't said why I've visited Swamped, no. I'm not going to unless it is a last resort.

Okay, this makes more sense. That explains why nobody else has claimed - it was Burbeting both times, and he is now dead. However, I have two questions: firstly, why does Blarg seemed to think he wasn't targeted for a switch? Rynam got a PM telling him he was getting switched. I got a PM telling me I was getting switched. Blargonaut has not said anything. Secondly, if you switched Blargonaut and Burbeting, and a thief took something from Blargonaut, that implies the thief was on Burbeting. Why would a thief be on Burbeting?

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. My suspicions of you are actually decreasing now as we work through this.

Let's put the idea on the table that someone is undetectable and is doing the killing command (which was also a thing in Archer, if I remember right). This person is not you. This would explain why Rynam only saw Swamped and only saw me on D1 and D2, respectively.

As for your questions, I don't know; I've never played with Blarg before (it's amazing how clear he was when he was vowel-less). But I did read his poem about being robbed as being robbed (of death).

I know I said we can discount them because Voldemort is dead, but if Blarg is right about the Horcruxes, could this undetectable mafia also be the thief? Or is it Harry Potter, who has the true Invisibility Cloak? I'm leaning towards the latter, lore-wise... But could there be a town invisible person and a scum invisible person? I mean, we do have several switchers, assuming you are telling the truth about being switched.

I don't know why a thief would be on Burbeting. To get a potion?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I temporarily retract.

UNVOTE: TheGoddamn

@Blargonaut; we are not going to get to the bottom of this unless you confirm whether you were switched or not. Without being incredibly frustrating to everyone else in the game, please can you just confirm whether or not this happened.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why did you visit me?

I didn't. If my theory was right and on N1, TheGoddamn swapped Swamped and you, because you targeted Swamped, you would be watching yourself, and because I was targeting swamped, I would be targeting you, and therefore you would see me as visiting. Therefore, the killer targeted you, which therefore targeted Swamped.

I didn't. If my theory was right and on N1, TheGoddamn swapped Swamped and you, because you targeted Swamped, you would be watching yourself, and because I was targeting swamped, I would be targeting you, and therefore you would see me as visiting. Therefore, the killer targeted you, which therefore targeted Swamped.

I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry.

This shit is too crazy for me

I think TheGoddamn is a switcher. I also think he's mafia-aligned. Literally, read my post again. There is no way his story can be true if you assume Rynam is telling the truth. I also think he's lying about his targets; I've worked out why things don't add up. I think N1 he visited Swamped and Rynam. That means Rynam was watching himself and I visited Rynam. He said Burbeting because now Burbeting is dead and can't contradict.

It's why I asked nin if I would be seen targeting both at once (hopefully I can say what they say when they get back to me). As in, it would make no difference if Rynam watched Burb or Blarg-- because I swapped them, I would be seen visiting either.

If I get lynched today, please pay attention to the votes!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's why I asked nin if I would be seen targeting both at once (hopefully I can say what they say when they get back to me). As in, it would make no difference if Rynam watched Burb or Blarg-- because I swapped them, I would be seen visiting either.

If I get lynched today, please pay attention to the votes!

A switcher targets both people. If a tracker tracked a switcher target, they'd always see the switcher because no matter who they get switched to, the switcher had to be on that person. It's not that I'm concerned about. It's the fact that if your story is true, and you switched Burb and Blarg, and Burb died, that means there was a kill which was switched from Blarg to Burb. At the same time, we had a tracker switched from Blarg to Blurb. If you were the switcher and there was another killer, Rynam should have seen them as well as you. He didn't.

I am very confused because I initially read you as totally sincere and not scum, but your story just does not add up in the slightest.

Basic terminology:

Tracker- say the tracker tracks player A. Player A visits Player B.

Tracker get: Player A visited Player B last night

Watcher/Lookout- say watcher watches player B. Player B is visited by player A

Watcher gets: Player B was visited by Player A

Please stick to this terminology in the future. Thank you

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
A switcher targets both people. If a tracker tracked a switcher target, they'd always see the switcher because no matter who they get switched to, the switcher had to be on that person. It's not that I'm concerned about. It's the fact that if your story is true, and you switched Burb and Blarg, and Burb died, that means there was a kill which was switched from Blarg to Burb. At the same time, we had a tracker switched from Blarg to Blurb. If you were the switcher and there was another killer, Rynam should have seen them as well as you. He didn't.

I am very confused because I initially read you as totally sincere and not scum, but your story just does not add up in the slightest.

Ugh, I meant watcher for all of these. Hyper is right.

Time out, didn't TheGodamn say he switched Rynam and Burbeting?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: Blargonaut

If you don't tell us whether you got a message or not, I will spend the entire rest of the day trying to lynch you for anti-town play.

g5GXUDG.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd appreciate it if people helped me put some votes on Blargonaut. He's clearly not going to take this seriously otherwise.

On a side note for that terminology posts

A jester is a role that wants to get lynched. A tanner is not some other terminology, it's ust the ONUW version of it.

A tailor, contrary to GAFIA only use of it in the Gafia game, is typically a scum role that changes alignment readings for a night. The tailor in Gafia instead changed the role pms town recieved hen a player was nk'ed or lynched that day

I have to ask, with the exception of a special situation like last night's, why would a town-aligned switcher ever use his power and make life harder for town prs and town as a whole to figure things out. Ideally, a town switcher would be using his powers as little as possible

Salva just got back to me. If a watcher visits either of my targets, they will see me making a night visit. So if Rynam targeted Burb last night, he still would have seen me.

To put it another way, if there were two separate watchers, and one watched Blarg and the second watched Burb, they both would have seen me.

I'm still saying this even though, you know, if Rynam watched Burb last night and saw me, I would be the prime suspect in killing Burb because of the night visit.

So yeah, Crab. Let me know if you have other questions, and let's try to figure out the rest of it:

Why did Rynam not see the killer, both last night and for Swamped?

I'm trusting you when you say you didn't visit her to kill her.

Unvote

Hyperactivity: Just like Snape, I was never sure either way about Burb. The first night, I wanted to keep activity off him, and picked Rynam off the cuff (I had no idea of his character until today). The second night, ignorant of Burb's other abilities and wanting to get to the bottom of his allegiance (again, much like the fictional Snape), I switched him and Blarg to protect the latter. (A decision I regret on a personal level-- I'm really sorry, Burb!). Burb was the wild card in either situation. From now on, barring special cases, I won't do it. I'm also up for swapping for a consensus cause-- although a con of that is the possible additional switcher, as per Crab. But trust will be the factor there.

Top Bottom