• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Does someone mind explaining what Lucky Buddy is? Googling doesn't seem to turn up any results.

Either way, if they're aligned in some way it's an odd tactic to use, and I'm not really sure what the benefit is.

Although it's an odd tactic to use regardless, unless they're telling the truth.

Right now, I don't have anyone singled out as a good voting target. I said in an earlier post that I'd be in favour of going for an inactive, but I'd at least want to give it another day to give people time to post before settling on someone.

My "don't lynch for now" list would be mostly the more active posters, so Cabot, CornBurrito and *Splinter. Swamped has made some decent points too, and Dave has stood out to me, if only because of his fluff. But then again, wolves are pretty fluffy animals. :p

Looking at "who posted," I'm realising that I don't really have much of a read on CzarTim at all, despite him being in the top 6. Darryl at this point I'm uncertain about, and Xamtheking still has the whole sleepwalker issue hanging over him.

Then obviously we don't lynch Drop.

Does someone mind explaining what Lucky Buddy is? Googling doesn't seem to turn up any results.

Either way, if they're aligned in some way it's an odd tactic to use, and I'm not really sure what the benefit is.

Although it's an odd tactic to use regardless, unless they're telling the truth.

Right now, I don't have anyone singled out as a good voting target. I said in an earlier post that I'd be in favour of going for an inactive, but I'd at least want to give it another day to give people time to post before settling on someone.

My "don't lynch for now" list would be mostly the more active posters, so Cabot, CornBurrito and *Splinter. Swamped has made some decent points too, and Dave has stood out to me, if only because of his fluff. But then again, wolves are pretty fluffy animals. :p

Looking at "who posted," I'm realising that I don't really have much of a read on CzarTim at all, despite him being in the top 6. Darryl at this point I'm uncertain about, and Xamtheking still has the whole sleepwalker issue hanging over him.

Then obviously we don't lynch Drop.

So in Dangna, Makai and Kingkitty were Lucky Buddies.

One time (I think) bulletproof immune, both of them I think. Town aligned. They knew another one of them existed, but not who the other was (i think). If one of them died, the other became a neutral serial killer.

The (i think)s are there because Makai lied about some of the details during the game to throw off the scum team.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Man remembering Daganronpa is like flashing back to 'nam...

I want to apologize for how I'm playing right now. It's totally an excuse, but the momentum reset hit me hard.

kingkitty

How angry are you that Makai is here with us? What do you plan to do?

The lucky buddy incident was decades ago, I hold no ill will. But I do plan to melt him.

Who you going to vote? I want to talk about who people are voting cause I don't know who to vote. I'm a fan of the *splinter approach and making a list of all the memorable people, then voting outside that list. I think that works well in big games.

I think I've covered some of this with Splinter's question. Right now my vote is on QuantumBro until he shows signs of life.

If he does show up, I might change my vote to Cornbro for him being a little too aggressive, too eager, although he seems to have pulled back from that strategy.

Another choice is Splinter, who might be mafia trying to act like a town leader, guiding the conversation. I appreciate Splinter being in my fan club, but I might also appreciate seeing his blood violently gush out of his eye sockets.

Xam might be an option to test the claims. Will it really 100 percent prove Ultron's towniness? No, but it's still an option.

Lollipop Dave for giving me weird belly vibes.

I might look a little closer at people that are simply trying to bandwagon. Like you batsnacks. Asking me who I'm going to vote for sounds like "I want to bandwagon". Perhaps my interpretation is wrong, but it gave my belly a little rumble.

batsnacks

The lucky buddy incident was decades ago, I hold no ill will. But I do plan to melt him.

I think I've covered some of this with Splinter's question. Right now my vote is on QuantumBro until he shows signs of life.

If he does show up, I might change my vote to Cornbro for him being a little too aggressive, too eager, although he seems to have pulled back from that strategy.

Another choice is Splinter, who might be mafia trying to act like a town leader, guiding the conversation. I appreciate Splinter being in my fan club, but I might also appreciate seeing his blood violently gush out of his eye sockets.

Xam might be an option to test the claims. Will it really 100 percent prove Ultron's towniness? No, but it's still an option.

Lollipop Dave for giving me weird belly vibes.

I might look a little closer at people that are simply trying to bandwagon. Like you batsnacks. Asking me who I'm going to vote for sounds like "I want to bandwagon". Perhaps my interpretation is wrong, but it gave my belly a little rumble.
I am looking for an easy bandwagon, can't lie.

Vote: QuantumBro

Is it okay if I sheep you for now? Also you maybe want to take a TUMS for that upset stomach.

What's the point in voting QuantumBro? Won't he be replaced anyway if he doesn't post today?

The thought is that if he is just lurking and trying to ride out day 1 or 2 with the minimum posts, then a couple of scare votes will get him involved.

In a couple of the games this has been the Mafia and Doctor Modus Operandi for days 1&2. It tends to get doctors lynched, because scum just rallies around the person who isn't in their chat.

It's good to pound the boards and get people involved, that's the short answer.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time determining reads today because of the holiday.

cabot

I don't know I saw kitty doing it and figured I should get on board. Seemed better than the nothing I would be doing otherwise.

come on buddy, you can do better. I know it's thanksgiving but I value your posts, I did in NX, I did in Wolf 1.0, I want to in this. You haven't convinced me yet, but I have the most positive of outlooks for you.

Please if you have time, contribute like you usually do.

cabot

What Flux said
(Wake up, RNH)
Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

I, so far, have positive vibes on you Xam, but following me in what I do is futile. If RNH won't respond to my vote, I highly doubt he'll specifically wake up because 2 votes of 29 are on him.

I can't give you advice on where else to put your vote, this is more of a point saying currently adding to RNH isn't really going to be useful.

cabot

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time determining reads today because of the holiday.

It's weird because us europeans are scratching our heads wanting to do the work. I understand though.

It's difficult, I actually think a night start for our particular timing would probably be better than a day start, only slightly though. I still love Palmer dearly.

I, so far, have positive vibes on you Xam, but following me in what I do is futile. If RNH won't respond to my vote, I highly doubt he'll specifically wake up because 2 votes of 29 are on him.

I can't give you advice on where else to put your vote, this is more of a point saying currently adding to RNH isn't really going to be useful.
Aight
Unvote: RobotNinjaHornets

*Splinter

The thought is that if he is just lurking and trying to ride out day 1 or 2 with the minimum posts, then a couple of scare votes will get him involved.

In a couple of the games this has been the Mafia and Doctor Modus Operandi for days 1&2. It tends to get doctors lynched, because scum just rallies around the person who isn't in their chat.

It's good to pound the boards and get people involved, that's the short answer.

I still have a lot of gaps too, it's fine though, we still have almost two days.

I suspect anyone chased for inactivity today will blame Thanksgiving. I'm interested in seeing who does/doesn't make up for lost time tomorrow though.

That said, I think RNH is in the UK?

Darryl

Banned
The only poster in the game who has made any good posts is Cabot. Our top posters are garbage. The only thing worthwhile anyone else in the top poster list has discussed was me and as much as I love being in the center of attention, I've been absolutely unremarkable and the points people have brought up against me are probably against the rules. Cabot is basically the only active poster to ignore that garbage. We are in for a huge loss if this keeps up. I hope some of you townies see this when you get back from shopping and adjust appropriately.

I've had some time to reread the thread, and two people come out.

One is flux (lots of posts yesterday and not really any today) and the other this style.

If these two styles sticks out. Just a question about the sheriff and deputy and a comment about being on the same team as another player. It's not much BUT it's what I've got based on this. It's seems to be just enough to not get prod votes...

vote: style

batsnacks

The only poster in the game who has made any good posts is Cabot. Our top posters are garbage. The only thing worthwhile anyone else in the top poster list has discussed was me and as much as I love being in the center of attention, I've been absolutely unremarkable and the points people have brought up against me are probably against the rules. Cabot is basically the only active poster to ignore that garbage. We are in for a huge loss if this keeps up. I hope some of you townies see this when you get back from shopping and adjust appropriately.

I think you're being dramatic. I agree cabot is town MVP but others have said good stuff. I think the village is at the very least in "okay" shape, maybe not "great" but definitely not "terrible" and certainly not "in for a huge loss if this keeps up." Look at all this good stuff I can think of just from memory:
  • two people correctly (if they're telling the truth) claimed.
  • I suggested deputizing ultron cause wolves probably aren't going to fake claim early in a huge game.
  • Drop had a cool idea about how to prevent wolves from ever becoming deputy.
  • *splinter pointed out all his memorable posters with lots of effort. I think at least 1 other person did this too.
  • several people vote pressured the inactives

cabot

I think you're being dramatic. I agree cabot is town MVP but others have said good stuff. I think the village is at the very least in "okay" shape, maybe not "great" but definitely not "terrible" and certainly not "in for a huge loss if this keeps up." Look at all this good stuff I can think of just from memory:
  • I suggested deputizing ultron cause wolves probably aren't going to fake claim early in a huge game.
  • *splinter pointed out all his memorable posters with lots of effort. I think at least 1 other person did this too.

I liked splinter's reads, and the claims are good for D1 discussion, inactive pressuring I also welcome.

Drop's idea was good in one way, but I think too many people have attached to it so early. it's a good idea when the double vote becomes a truly valuable weapon, let's be honest though, it's not quite that yet.

I think the lynch deputy plan is useless until we cut down the crowd. I don't know how Droip should do it D1, as we're running out of time and thanksgiving and all, but for later days up until we're a small group, it should be democratic vote. Anyone who disgarees is suspicious to me. The majority vote will be better than just going for the lynch target.

I'm very drunk, please accept that.

Darryl

Banned

You seem way too content with the way the game is going. It was a rally post for the inactives. Don't follow these parrots at the top.

batsnacks

I liked splinter's reads, and the claims are good for D1 discussion, inactive pressuring I also welcome.

Drop's idea was good in one way, but I think too many people have attached to it so early. it's a good idea when the double vote becomes a truly valuable weapon, let's be honest though, it's not quite that yet.

I think the lynch deputy plan is useless until we cut down the crowd. I don't know how Droip should do it D1, as we're running out of time and thanksgiving and all, but for later days up until we're a small group, it should be democratic vote. Anyone who disgarees is suspicious to me. The majority vote will be better than just going for the lynch target.

I'm very drunk, please accept that.

fwiw I don't think we should follow Drop's plan to keep the deputy out of wolf hands, what with end of day vote switches and shenanigans. Drop should just do what he wants and if he screws up massively we can make fun of him later. I do think it was a cool idea though and shows that he's thinking critically about the game, which is good cause he's the sheriff.

If I'm being honest I don't remember what splinters reads were other than he pinged out who he thought was memorable and said he'd probably vote outside that group. I'm a fan of that approach though and there were lots of words so it must be good.

I'm gonna sheep Darryl now so that Darryl will feel happier about the way the game is going. Getting sheeped should make anyone feel better about how the game is going, after all.

Unvote: QuantumBro
Vote: CornBurrito

Darryl

Banned
If I'm being honest I don't remember what splinters reads were other than he pinged out who he thought was memorable and said he'd probably vote outside that group. I'm a fan of that approach though and there were lots of words so it must be good.

I'm gonna sheep Darryl now so that Darryl will feel happier about the way the game is going. Getting sheeped should make anyone feel better about how the game is going, after all.

Unvote: QuantumBro
Vote: CornBurrito

You have got to be kidding me. That read list was some early game highlight for you, yet you didn't read it. And you voted alongside me for mocking purposes only. Are you trying the scummy in plain sight approach?

Palmer_v1

Day 1 votes

*splinter (1)
cabot 191 (383)
terrabyte20xx 258

cabot (2)
swamped 201
lollipop dave 582

darryl (1)
cornburrito 364

fluxwavez (0)
cabot 383 (452)

timeaisis (0)
cabot 452 (491)
xamtheking 477 (495)

cornburrito (1)
darryl 475

robotninjahornets (2)
cabot 491
fluxwavez 610
xamtheking 611 (617)

style (0)
lollipop dave 504 (582)

xamtheking (1)
makai 511

quantumbro (2)
kingkitty 536
batsnacks 605

swamped (1)
czartim 552

Link in post 3 is updated with this now, btw. Thanks Sophia for the heads up.

batsnacks

You have got to be kidding me. That read list was some early game highlight for you, yet you didn't read it. And you voted alongside me for mocking purposes only. Are you trying the scummy in plain sight approach?

I'm not mocking you and you shouldn't think people sheeping you is scummy or mockery, unless you're a wolf and you have wolf-guilt; kitty didn't when I sheeped him. And I did read splinter's list and it was an early game highlight for me, I just don't remember most of it. A lot of it was just synopsis of previous posts.

Warxard

Banned
VOTE: Xamtheking

I genuinely don't believe that his role claim is genuine, and the way he's been handling the criticism about it (specifically reinforcing that he's
New.) really doesn't set well with me. For now, this is quite likely the vote I would be going with for this day unless the following ~24 hours gives me something else to put my scouting eyes on to evaluate.

cabot

I genuinely don't believe that his role claim is genuine, and the way he's been handling the criticism about it (specifically reinforcing that he's
New.) really doesn't set well with me. For now, this is quite likely the vote I would be going with for this day unless the following ~24 hours gives me something else to put my scouting eyes on to evaluate.

Your responses to me were weak, and you vote on Xam, who out of the two sleepwalkers has been the most town?

I'm still trying to understand your clarification on the PR thing. You didn't give me a solid answer, your response pointed to vanilla town, your response to my enquiry opened it up to both. It wasn't convincing. I'm still suspicious of you.

I will not switch my vote until closer to deadline, I want QB to respond.

I don't try to dwell on the fact that I'm new (I think)
It would be helpful to learn for the future if you could link the posts were I use my newness as an excuse

cabot

Assuming Darryl isn't just spite voting you, I am wondering why he thinks you're scum.

this is tough, because splinter, darrly and I think CB is scum. I'm willing to wait till later to really go after CB, but the others reading him as scum has made me reconsider.

It's a tough old game.

batsnacks

this is tough, because splinter, darrly and I think CB is scum. I'm willing to wait till later to really go after CB, but the others reading him as scum has made me reconsider.

It's a tough old game.

No one wants to tell me why though. I don't understand splinter's read progression on CornBurrito. I don't think CornBurrito's posts during what splinter calls "the fluff phase" are alignment indicative. And, according to splinter, apparently outside of the "fluff phase" posts CornBurrito is seemingly village aligned.

*Splinter

No one wants to tell me why though. I don't understand splinter's read progression on CornBurrito. I don't think CornBurrito's posts during what splinter calls "the fluff phase" are alignment indicative. And, according to splinter, apparently outside of the "fluff phase" posts CornBurrito is seemingly village aligned.
My Corn explanation wasn't great I admit, maybe it's more of a gut read. It's mostly from his most recent posts, the tail end of Darryl v. Corn especially

Honestly my fluff phase posts are coincidental. Didn't expect him to play so differently. If I am being totally honest I enjoyed him as town leader and was hoping for his return.

cabot

I want to apologise for the name typo.

Sorry, batsnacks.

everything else about my point was valid. Speak to you when sober.

goodbye.

cabot

Im with splinter, I can't give you a definitive read, all I can say is that I'm town and he feels like a person playing as town. My opinion is subjective, that all I can say,

Top Bottom