• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Kalor

So I'm going to put a vote on who I want to hear more from right now.

Vote: Kawl_USC

I recommend that everyone should have a vote on someone, even if it isn't a strong suspicion. I haven't been great about voting this game but we can gain some information from voting.

tur_1448906400.png

Miracle

alright, EVERYONE in this game check your role pms and night action pms again

claimed players, tell us if you notice anything

I got nothing sadly. Everything I have in my night action and in my role PMs, I have already mentioned and revealed here.

Shit...do we really have no suspects at the moment? I really have no idea what to do here. :/

Still very tired (yesterday after my Sirius roleclaim I passed out because I hadn't slept for 27 hours. I'm still running in only four hours of sleep)

All I'm popping in to say now is that I'm in, Blarg. But yes, let's make it a square dance: Rynam must watch one of us. Tonight, I'm taking point. I will be Weasley twin to do any switching. Please acknowledge, Miracle.

I propose that Rynam watch either Blarg or me tonight, and say today.

SalvaPot

I'll say it again in case its not clear: EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AND WE SEND TO YOUR PM'S WAS CORRECT.

And that is my last message on the matter x), proceed with the game as normal and ignore my joke about mods fucking up, again, that was just a joke.

Still very tired (yesterday after my Sirius roleclaim I passed out because I hadn't slept for 27 hours. I'm still running in only four hours of sleep)

All I'm popping in to say now is that I'm in, Blarg. But yes, let's make it a square dance: Rynam must watch one of us. Tonight, I'm taking point. I will be Weasley twin to do any switching. Please acknowledge, Miracle.

I propose that Rynam watch either Blarg or me tonight, and say today.

I think it might be more useful to have dynamic watch the person blarg proposes to investigate, so as to prevent a 2nd switcher fucking blarg's reads up

I'm so confused right now. Does someone have a board with pictures and string to not make this confusing anymore? I should have joined Werewolf instead. Hindsight is a bitch.

With all the twists and turn it still doesn't look like we have a target for today's lynch. Insanity.

Rynam

alright, EVERYONE in this game check your role pms and night action pms again

claimed players, tell us if you notice anything

I don't know if it's something.But my role pm says that seome tried to pass as me a while ago, but I'm the real deal. I tought of it only as some Flavor stuff, because Barty Crouch jr. tried to imitate the role of Moody.

Flame_AC

Vote: Kawl_USC

Since TheGoddamn seems to be a part of this unholy trinity with Blarg and Miracle, my vote falls on someone needing to speak up some more and I'll add some pressure in addition to Kalor's vote.

01 [m] Retroid
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
03 [m] Kawl_USC
04 [m] Rynam - claimed watcher
05 [m] TheExodu5
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak - tortured
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
16 [m] Matt Attack
18 [m] Crab - visited Swamped N1
20 [m] Blargonaut - claimed cop, was tortured, had item stolen
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn - claimed switcher
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone - claimed punished
27 [m] Miracle - claimed switcher
28 [f] Sawneeks - claimed poison, will die after N3

Other roles in the game
-A punisher (Umbridge, neutral?), but no one claimed punished on Day 2
-A poisoner, but no one claimed poison on Day 3
-A stunner who disabled Blarg and Gorlak's vowels
-A thief who stole Blarg's item N2 (and escaped detection due to switch) (possibly scum)
-Crab's role, whatever it is
-Death Eaters, including a ninja killer and a torturer

Thoughts:

-there must be some sort of role-blocking or immunity in this game because of all the actions flying around, only one person has died each night so far
-but at the same time, this killer has escaped detection so I think from a balance perspective it's reasonable with all the claimed town abilities so far
-if Burb and Blarg have multiple actions, then it's reasonable to suggest the Death Eaters are similarly powerful, with thief/cop/poison options to choose from

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Having thief and poison be the same person would explain why we had poison N1 but not N2 and thief N2 but not N1, so I buy that.

In my head, there's 2 confirmed (living) Death Eaters that we know of so far. The thief/poisoner Death Eater who likely can only do one action each night. Thank you Crab for that thought. There's definitely a Death Eater stunner, though there is the possibility of a Hogwarts or neutral stunner as well. Blarg mentioned crucio as a curse lashed out at him. Maybe the stunner Death Eater has crucio as an option he can choose instead.

Enker

There's definitely a Death Eater stunner, though there is the possibility of a Hogwarts or neutral stunner as well. Blarg mentioned crucio as a curse lashed out at him. Maybe the stunner Death Eater has crucio as an option he can choose instead.

What is the evidence for two stunners? It is possible one of the scum may have “pick your spell” as a role, but Blarg and Gorlak got “stupefied”, so how would that person be able to also Crucio Blarg with only two nights to work with?

TheExodu5

Banned
Having thief and poison be the same person would explain why we had poison N1 but not N2 and thief N2 but not N1, so I buy that.

But why a thief? If the thief stole a horcrux, it sounds like their goal is to gather specific items. Either that or they get certain items from certain people, perhaps without knowing what those items are ahead of time.

Also, the thief would have had to target Burb to end up stealing from Blarg, right? It just doesn't make sense. Unless they don't know what they're stealing. Maybe they expected to steal a potion/poison from Snape?

TheExodu5

Banned
I can't see the poisoner being the thief. Why would they give up a killing ability at night to steal from someone? Unless they needed to recharge their ability by stealing poison from Snape. That might make sense.

In my head, there's 2 confirmed (living) Death Eaters that we know of so far. The thief/poisoner Death Eater who likely can only do one action each night. Thank you Crab for that thought. There's definitely a Death Eater stunner, though there is the possibility of a Hogwarts or neutral stunner as well. Blarg mentioned crucio as a curse lashed out at him. Maybe the stunner Death Eater has crucio as an option he can choose instead.

But Blarg said he was stupefied and crucio'ed iirc

Crucio is of course a death eater ability, soI have two theories as to why no one is claiming it:

1) It hit a neutral last night, so they don't want to reveal themselves
2) There's something more to the role than just crucio interrogating people every night

This is probably something we can figure out as the game goes on, thankfully, as its likely more and more people get hit by these different spells

I can't see the poisoner being the thief. Why would they give up a killing ability at night to steal from someone? Unless they needed to recharge their ability by stealing poison from Snape. That might make sense.

Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario where a scum player could have killed a player, but chose to attempt to steal an item instead, outside of them either A) being limited in their usage of poison or B) feeling an immediate danger from the presence of certain items (maybe they thought Burb had a Horcrux and tried to get it?). If a poisoner/thief were neutral then they might not be as biased towards killing as a Death Eater, which could also explain the command usage.

It's also of course possible that somebody was poisoned last night, and simply hasn't brought it up yet (perhaps because the poison doctor is already dead).

But Blarg said he was stupefied and crucio'ed iirc

Crucio is of course a death eater ability, soI have two theories as to why no one is claiming it:

1) It hit a neutral last night, so they don't want to reveal themselves
2) There's something more to the role than just crucio interrogating people every night

This is probably something we can figure out as the game goes on, thankfully, as its likely more and more people get hit by these different spells

What the hell does crucio do then? I know stupefy takes away all of the vowels from your posts, but I haven't noticed an effect from crucio.

So, the final conclusion is probably either ninjas or issues with Rynam accurately giving information...

And we don't really have a target for today to boot

roytheone

So since we are speculating a bit about scum powers, I actually have a theory that could explain what happened last night:

What if scum doesn't have a traditional ninja, but instead have a concealer type role? A Death eater that could target a fellow scum and the night actions of that scum would be hidden from watchers and trackers?

N1 They simply use it on their killer, which explains why rynam only saw Crab that night.

N2 Blarg is a confirmed cop, so they would probably want to kill him. Now, they think just concealing their killer and sending him to blarg would probably not be enough since that would not circumvent any protection on blarg. Instead, they use their switcher to switch blarg with Crab and their killer targets crab. Since their killer can now not be spotted by a watcher on blarg (and a watcher on crab is unlikely), they decide to use their concealer on their switcher, since that person would be spotted by a watcher on blarg. Of course, they don't know the goddamn already switched blarg and burb (his switch apparently has priority in that case), so instead scum ends up switching crab with burb, killing burb. This also explains why nobody has come forward about being switched with crab since that person is now dead AND explains why Rynam only saw the goddamn and not the scum switcher.

A concealer type role also fits with what Salva said about the theme of the game being "choices". Instead of just having a ninja killer, scum has the choice to hide who they want.

This is a really interesting theory Roy. That definitely would explain what was going on. But a part of me really thinks that we are overthinking all of this!

I mean, seriously, what if Crab just killed Swamped N1? Besides all the switching shenanigans we know for a fact that he visited her and she did not survive that night.
Also I don't know what to think about the fact that Crab now is pulled into an unsolvable twist again. Of course this could mean that

a) he was switched with one of the players who weren't active yet or scum just not saying anything to make him look even more suspicious.
b) or that one of theories we came up with is true
c) or and that is the easiest assumption here that he simply is lying!!!

whatever it is I am pretty sure that if it would be anyone but Crab in this position he would be all over this person today, telling us that we are all dumb not to follow that obvious serving of scum here...

I might have missed the post were he put himself out of doubt and if anybody knows something I don't please tell me!!!
I know he did soft claimed and of course it always sucks to be put on spot like this if you are a town PR but still there is just a huge part in me that can't trust him with that.
also KKs HP claim taught me lesson in not to trust in everything being said ^^

Really the only reason why I don't want to vote him now is that he told us he was being switched right before everything else happened today.

____

About the stolen Horcrux. Either it was scum of course. Than we should hope that they are not able to somehow revive V. from the dead.
Or maybe (hopefully) it was Ron and/or Hermione who stole it using the invisibility cloak and now they try to destroy it now.

And if someone tried to steal something from Snape and just got switched I refuse to think about it any further... I can't deal with the switchings...It breaks my brain!! :'( That is actually the reason why I did not post so far, I just could get a straight thought out with all the what ifs in my head.

The thief might have a higher priority than the switcher and just stole before the switching took place.

____

And because it's me I have to put some lore talking in my post ;)

If the thief is not Ron/Hermione with the Cloak or just a Scum action it could be Mundungus Fletcher, probably neutral. In the books he stole a Horcrux by accident and actually ended up selling it to Umbridge (MoM Member?!). He was a member of the Order of Phoenix but I think he always put his own survival over everything else. That's what makes me think he stands on his own, at least for now.

Another known thief from the books it Grindewald. He stole the Elder Wand back in the days and was defeated by his old friend Dumbledore. I can't think of a scenario where he could be part of this game. He sure was evil but I think his glory days were before V. So I doubt he has something to do with them now.

Kalor

I might have missed the post were he put himself out of doubt and if anybody knows something I don't please tell me!!!
I know he did soft claimed and of course it always sucks to be put on spot like this if you are a town PR but still there is just a huge part in me that can't trust him with that.
also KKs HP claim taught me lesson in not to trust in everything being said ^^

I don't think there is a post where he really put himself out of doubt. The assumption that he was innocent just slowly grew and no-one has really went back to it since then.

roytheone

The problem with assuming Crab as guilty of killing Swamped is that he should have been seen by Rynam N2, shouldn't he?

Not necessarily, since a scum team doesn't have to use the same person for every night kill. However, if Crab is lying about being switched and there was only 1 switch this night, that DOES mean Rynam should have also seen the killer, unless the killer was indeed hidden for some reason.

Kalor

Not necessarily, since a scum team doesn't have to use the same person for every night kill. However, if Crab is lying about being switched and there was only 1 switch this night, that DOES mean Rynam should have also seen the killer, unless the killer was indeed hidden for some reason.

The killer might only have a limited amount of uses to hide themselves and so they used it on Burbeting since some people would visit him. Crab was seen N1 because the Death Eaters didn't want to use up a charge of the ninja's power on the first night. I don't know if they would have a permament ninja as that reduces the use of Rynam's role early on.

The killer might only have a limited amount of uses to hide themselves and so they used it on Burbeting since some people would visit him. Crab was seen N1 because the Death Eaters didn't want to use up a charge of the ninja's power on the first night. I don't know if they would have a permament ninja as that reduces the use of Rynam's role early on.

Yes, and Salva pointed out that this game is about choices. Lupin had a choice and Snape as well. So I guess the Death Eaters have choices too and just chose to use their powers differently in N2.

roytheone

Yeah, the problem with role speculation, and scum role speculation in particular, is that you never can be 100 % sure about how it works until someone turns up dead. Even of things we have witnessed like the poison and the torture we will probably not fully know how they work exactly until we see a role PM. Lynching Crab could give us at least some more info to work with on that front, regardless of which alignment he will flip. I can understand why Crab is a bit hesitant to role claim, but I am beginning to think that will be inevitable.

Anyway, I think we have heard from everyone today, except Arkos (who is getting replaced) and theworthyedge. I understand that edge is still banned so communicating will be a bit trickier, but I still want to hear his opinion on things. He has just as much chance to be scum as any one of us, so we shouldn't give him the possibility to potentially use his banned status as a reason to avoid discussion:

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Roles are useful at providing information and reads but at the end of the day this is a game about judge of character. I did visit Swamped N1, yes. I didn't kill her. I have done a significant amount of legwork for town today in terms of creating content from a variety of players. I am in complete confidence that if I have to role claim, you will not want to lynch me, but that gives away my role, so I'm not going to do that now. I'm going to rely on you reading my material and having trust in me. It's better for all of us.

Kawl_USC

My gamecocks are playing a surprisingly good game so far. Big post will be delayed for a bit. I will say for now that I think the horcruxes will remain important to this game even with voldemort gone.

Blarg did you have any way to use the ring horcrux besides destroying it? Wondering if they could be providing additional night actions that are further muddying our understanding.

The vote count posted earlier is incorrect by the way. It had missed some recent post (including both of the votes on me). I acknowledge the votes and apologize for the lack of participation and will rectify that today.

Roles are useful at providing information and reads but at the end of the day this is a game about judge of character. I did visit Swamped N1, yes. I didn't kill her. I have done a significant amount of legwork for town today in terms of creating content from a variety of players. I am in complete confidence that if I have to role claim, you will not want to lynch me, but that gives away my role, so I'm not going to do that now. I'm going to rely on you reading my material and having trust in me. It's better for all of us.

I assume you know that you are a viable scum target for tonight and if not claiming will be more beneficial to town at this point, then it's your prerogative. If so then I will leave you for another day but naturally your continued survival will be a cause for concern going forward.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you know that you are a viable scum target for tonight and if not claiming will be more beneficial to town at this point, then it's your prerogative. If so then I will leave you for another day but naturally your continued survival will be a cause for concern going forward.

Whether or not I'm a viable target for scum is their decision to make. ;) I'm in no rush to influence them.

Enker

The vote count posted earlier is incorrect by the way.

It is also missing Crab’s Gorlak vote, for what that’s worth.

While Crab will be an outlier for now, I think it is more useful to pressure TWE to speak at the moment - I can always switch my vote tomorrow. We’re missing him, our Arkos replacement, and Blarg’s omnipost before we have all the info we are liable to get today.

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

For various reasons, I'm not going to claim until Blarg has confirmed whether he was switched or not. I have said enough already that you will be able to match my claim to my actions; it won't just be random bullshit. Leaving that aside for the moment, Miracle's claim doesn't actually make things more helpful because we don't know which switcher has higher priority and therefore whether Rynam was watching Gorlak or Burbeting. Confusingly it also doesn't reveal why I was switched N2. Have we got a mafia switcher?

Yup, you did.

OF course, that was before we realized that Burb probably would've been the one to get two switc pms, but whatever

Okay, let me put it this way. There is a specific reason it would be bad for me to role-claim. I'm not going to say why, because then mafia know what to do and what not to do. What I will say is this: I have very carefully alluded to my role in enough ways a particularly observant person can make a good judgement as to an important part of it. If you reread my posts in this day carefully, you'll notice I'm actually really glad under suspiscion, and also that I know who someone is. That should be enough.

Plus I'm not sure I buy this logic, this sounds like a sorta crappy excuse

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That didn't mean I was definitely going to claim if Blarg posted, just that I wouldn't do it *at all* unless he did. As it is, I'm not going to claim unless I have to, because I am relying on your common sense and good judgement.

Sawneeks

Banned
I do find that no one else reporting to be poisoned kind of odd. Like, really odd, especially if it's a Scum PR that poisoned me. Why would they give up a chance for a kill? Hmm, I have an idea of what might have happened but it would require a claim from me and an accusation that would also probably also lead to a claim and I'm not horribly confident in my theory. I will give it some thought and read a few things before jumping to a conclusion.

Another known thief from the books it Grindewald. He stole the Elder Wand back in the days and was defeated by his old friend Dumbledore. I can't think of a scenario where he could be part of this game. He sure was evil but I think his glory days were before V. So I doubt he has something to do with them now.

I thought about this the other day and tried to piece together who could steal as well as become undetectable. The only idea that came to mind was Peter Pettigrew who could possibly become 'invisible' by turning into a rat to carry out his action.

I thought about this the other day and tried to piece together who could steal as well as become undetectable. The only idea that came to mind was Peter Pettigrew who could possibly become 'invisible' by turning into a rat to carry out his action.

Oh yes, that would make a lot of sense! If that was the case I think we might have to consider the possibility that Pettigrew can somehow bring V. back in the game by placing his soul on another player (like Quirrell or so) That would suck so let's just hope that's not happening '___'

But keeping that aside I think it's definitely possible for player being invisible when turned into an animagus. Especially an unregistered one. If that's the case we could have one of them on our side as well. (Sirius)

It's really sad that you die tonight... :((( You should make sure to give us all the information you have before you leave us but you really should try not to reveal another townie. Mafia have enough infos for a day already. :/ Also you said you will die at the end of the night so you can still use whatever power you have before the night ends, right?

So, let's see what actions were done, so far as we know, in the two nights and where they differed

Night One:
-The Weasley brothers switch
-Blarg investigation
-Crucio interrogative
-Stupefy no vowels
-Poisoning
-Crab visits Swamped

Night Two:
-The Weasley brothers switch
-Blarg going nuclear on horcrux
-Thief taking horcrux
-Scum switch?
-Stupefy no vowels
-Umbridge (?) punishment

That's a pretty big difference. Last time, both crucio and the poison were reported by the players who were hit by them. The poison especially is hard to see scum not use.

Then, no one reported a switch like the one that happened to Crab after night one. It might be that the ability is limited somehow, but that's pure speculation, no way of really knowing that.

Two other new abilities showed up last night- the punishment and thief. I'm not quite sure why both of those abilities didn't show up. Maybe the thief only works if the person has an item? Perhaps a roleblock got in the way?

Speaking of which, we also probably had a scum roleblock going out, based off of Rats Off To Ya's role pm. So that's another thing that we haven't found

So

Missing N2:
Crucio- I speculated about this earlier. Town roleblocker could easily be the answer. But the person that got hit by the crucio might also have one of those iffy names that hint towards being a scum when they aren't, perhaps is a neutral (the Malfoys, Regulus Black, etc.)

Poison- I honestly have no clue. Town roleblocker? Only TWE and Arkos (getting replaced) haven't reported in, but they seem too low key for scum to go after (don't think it's a neutral based off of win condition). Unless scum wanted to go after them for some reason.

Missing N1:
Thief- perhaps people only get told they were robbed when they had something? Blarg, did the pm telling you were robbed mention ou being robbed, or rather your item disappearing?

Punishment- Town roleblocker? It doesn't seem to have done anything so far to Roy, so who knows

Hey guys! Christ almighty I'm unbanned and I completely forgot about this thread with this whole Thanksgiving thing XD

So.

1.)Burb is dead and it seems he had quite the power role. Damn.
2.)Blarg was stolen from last night and we need to find out if this thief is scum aligned, Hogwarts aligned, or even neutral(?) I feel like a thief would be more scum aligned than anything

I need to go back and look through the past day and see if theres anything noteworthy. Also, I was partially right about the role claims! I said Kitty was roleclaiming Harry Potter and I said I didn't believe that he was Barry Potter but Malfoy or Voldemort...yeah. I was right :p

Top Bottom